PDA

View Full Version : Blow up tires with burnout?

IJOJOI
12-10-2015, 08:05
Hi guys!!
I remember, that it was possible to blow up the tyres by doing a burnout when we were in development.

I tired my hardest with the BMW 1M, but nothing happend on zero tyrethread depth.

Is it still possible?
Best regards

Invincible
12-10-2015, 08:19
Hi guys!!
I remember, that it was possible to blow up the tyres by doing a burnout when we were in development.

I tired my hardest with the BMW 1M, but nothing happend on zero tyrethread depth.

Is it still possible?
Best regards

It should still be possible. But when you reach zero tirethread, the thread is gone of course, but it is still some rubber left (slick). To blow up the tire, you have to push it even further.

hkraft300
12-10-2015, 08:38
^+1

And mech failure on, but don't blow your engine!

And ride some nasty kerbs for good measure :)

IJOJOI
12-10-2015, 08:43
Maybe it's because of mechanical failures turned off...
I will try it ;)

nhitrac
12-10-2015, 11:41
Speaking of blown tyres... I've never had one. Or a flat. Or rubber flying off the rim.

I remember trying once but my engine died before my tyres did.

Eric Bergeret
12-10-2015, 11:54
i don't renember any flat tyre or blow tyre on Pcars from the past 3years. nop

JupiterJoe
12-10-2015, 12:12
i don't renember any flat tyre or blow tyre on Pcars from the past 3years. nop

Never had a flat tyre and/or blowout either. It's something that would be fun to have in the game, as it would dramatically chamge the dynamic of a race. Whilst we're on the subject of limping back to the pits, it is currently too difficult when missing a wheel. It's almost as though the balamce of the car is reversed transversely. The missing wheel hub should be off the ground unless turning. Currently it's just dug in the whole time.

Mr.Smoke
12-10-2015, 13:20
Was racing with some friends yesterday doing 50 laps at Watkins GP. One of them had a tire failure of some sorts trying to finish the race on worn out tires. Not sure exactly what happened, but it was certainly a tire failure.

JupiterJoe
12-10-2015, 18:16
Was racing with some friends yesterday doing 50 laps at Watkins GP. One of them had a tire failure of some sorts trying to finish the race on worn out tires. Not sure exactly what happened, but it was certainly a tire failure.Okay, so that's good news. Most people don't play close to full race distance though. It would be nice if tyre and mechanical failures were scaled down to happen in a 15 lap race at Spa for example.

Invincible
12-10-2015, 19:27
Okay, so that's good news. Most people don't play close to full race distance though. It would be nice if tyre and mechanical failures were scaled down to happen in a 15 lap race at Spa for example.

You can still set tire wear to 7x.

But, on the other hand, I tried today to blow a tire by force. I set 7x tire wear and burned some rubber. Oh, and for good measures, I had every possible damage enabled.
After the tire was worn, I did some donuts until my engine blew (that Formula C engine is quite durable! Withstood 170C oil temp for over two minutes).

Well... in the end, the engine blew. The tires didn't. I watched the force circle in the telemetry hud shrinking smaller and smaller until there wasn't even a circle left, only a red dot in the middle of the tire picture. Looks like you can NOT blow up your tire. Sorry for saying you can earlier. At least not by wearing them to death. Maybe with some really aggressive curbs after the tire is already worn.

JupiterJoe
12-10-2015, 19:52
Does anybody have a screenshot or video link to a flat tyre from the current build of Project Cars? I remember a few patches ago that there was a fix to flat tyres being fitted in the pits. Maybe the 'fix' was to get rid of the possibility of flat tyres altogether.

hkraft300
12-10-2015, 23:24
Pre-3.0 I had a flat on the front right at Hockenheim GP in the Aston GT4 car. Kept riding the kerbs and locking the front tires big time. Even some braking zones I was locking on the kerb. 7x wear.
Possible it's been pretty much taken out due to other fixes.

Has anyone tried with 100% radiator? Seems engine blows quick over tires, which certainly shouldn't be the case for road cars.

IJOJOI
13-10-2015, 13:12
I wasn't able to produce a flat tire.

IJOJOI
14-10-2015, 21:02
So I tried everything today: x7 wearrate, Mustang, all Damage on, nothing after half an hour.
@Casey

Is this not in anymore??
It's not a big deal, just asking anyway.

Umer Ahmad
14-10-2015, 21:52
And in the wear indicator they were drained/black? Meaning no life remaining?

IJOJOI
15-10-2015, 09:04
Yes, there was no thread depth left, and I continued for 15 minutes with that...
Just try it ;)