PDA

View Full Version : Livery selection and hotlap setting

cenkcnk
12-10-2015, 10:15
Hi guys,
I couldn't figure out two things in pcars:

* Can i select a livery before starting a race, hotlap, online event? or it is just random?

* I try to make some time trial laps, but i can not see "edit car setup" menu. aren't we allowed to set our cars up during time trials?

Yorkie065
12-10-2015, 10:51
Car setups and livery selection are done in the 'My Garage' section in the car listing screen. It's the far right of the 3 boxes

cenkcnk
12-10-2015, 14:18
but is there a chance to tune car in the pits during the time trial session?
tu select a livery via garage, does it effect time trial or practise sessions?

Yorkie065
12-10-2015, 14:36
but is there a chance to tune car in the pits during the time trial session?
tu select a livery via garage, does it effect time trial or practise sessions?

You can't tune the car in time trial sessions, you have to come back out to the car selection and tuning screens. You can tune your car in the pits in 'free practice', or in practice, qualifying and warm up sessions in the 'quick race weekend' mode.

Selecting your livery in TT or the other game modes, that is what livery you'll have on your car in those sessions. Obviously there's no performance benefit so it's purely for aesthetics.

cenkcnk
12-10-2015, 14:47
why aren't we allowed to make some setup during time trial? is there a reason?
because it's pretty odd, making little adjustment, then try, then exit, go to garage and make new tunnings and so on

Yorkie065
12-10-2015, 14:58
why aren't we allowed to make some setup during time trial? is there a reason?
because it's pretty odd, making little adjustment, then try, then exit, go to garage and make new tunnings and so on

The exact reason I don't know, but I'm guessing to make 'Free Practice' mode more useful. The way I see it is 'Free Practice' mode for tuning and making setups, 'Time Trial' for all out max performance/ optimal conditions pace to see how quick you can go and compare leaderboard times.