PDA

View Full Version : SMS-R Touring at Brands Hatch: TRACK LIMITS

Joseph Barron
12-10-2015, 10:43
Hi everyone.

A message about track limits in the current round of the SMS-R Driver Network Championship at Brands Hatch.

If you run wide on the kerb/green concrete in turn 1 (Paddock Hill), this is OK and will not invalidate your lap-time. We are accepting laps that include running wide in turn 1 as this is the normal line in real racing at this circuit.

However, if you put all 4 wheels off the tarmac in any other corner, your lap-time will not be counted when we record the results for this event. This includes the exit of turn 3 (Graham Hill) and the exit of turn 6 (Westfield).

Please see this circuit map (https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/e/e4/Brands_Hatch.svg) if you are not sure which corners we are referencing.

FACT0RY PIL0T
12-10-2015, 11:13
Yeah dont bother trying to touch the curb after Graham Hill along Cooper Straight the curb just sucks the car off past the line, same goes at Westfield, in fact I dont think theres any car in the game that you can drive 1 wheel on the curb and it doesn't just throw it somewhere so random the way the curbs grab the tires.

One min its fine the next its just all over. Plus I like have watched I cant even count how many times real races they use all the curb and them some at the exit of Graham hill Cooper straight......

FACT0RY PIL0T
12-10-2015, 11:19

Kevin Leaune
12-10-2015, 12:15
I do not agree !

Why make an exception on this turn ?

The regulation is set not to exceed the white lines and now we can choose the corners !

I would have valid reasons !

Why give us the info on the last day while everyone worked according to not exceed the white line

I was disqualified for a few centimeters during round nine when I had won and then cancels the 14 round I still won for a supposedly can turn that off !

I would stop this injustice !

Bealdor
12-10-2015, 12:28
I do not agree !

Why make an exception on this turn ?

Most likely because real life racing series (DTM for example) are making an exception for this corner too.

Joseph Barron
12-10-2015, 12:34
I have already explained why we have made this decision. This is the real line used at this circuit. There will be occasions where we make exceptions because of the real lines at certain tracks. For instance, if we ran an event at Le Mans we would allow you to run outside the white lines on the two long straights because that is the real line in certain spots.

In future, we will make sure that we make any exceptions clear at the beginning of each event.

The track limits rules posted above will stand for this event. As always, assume that the white lines are the track limits unless we tell you about a specific exception to these rules. Turn 1 at Brands Hatch is one of those few exceptions. You are not allowed to exceed the white lines at any other corner on this circuit.

FACT0RY PIL0T
12-10-2015, 13:38
What a crock..... oh its real for the first turn but its real for turn 3 also DUHH, but hey no white line crossing at all!!!

But then oh we got guys in the 1:36's crossing the first turn white line its ok now, but not crossing the line in turn 3 like in reality is out.

Same concept going wide to go fast 2 diffrent parts of the track! Ok for one turn but not the other is a FAIL.

Joseph Barron
12-10-2015, 13:54
What a crock..... oh its real for the first turn but its real for turn 3 also DUHH, but hey no white line crossing at all!!!

But then oh we got guys in the 1:36's crossing the first turn white line its ok now, but not crossing the line in turn 3 like in reality is out.

Same concept going wide to go fast 2 diffrent parts of the track! Ok for one turn but not the other is a FAIL.

We have reviewed a lot of real world onboard footage and found no evidence that drivers exceed track limits at turn 3 and get away with it. We've looked at GT3, BTCC, Formula 3 and more. None of them used the exit of turn 3. We've also watched instructional videos from racing schools that specifically tell drivers to avoid the curb there as it upsets the balance of the car. Therefore the rules we have explicitly stated above will not be changed.

FACT0RY PIL0T
12-10-2015, 14:14
We have reviewed a lot of real world onboard footage and found no evidence that drivers exceed track limits at turn 3 and get away with it. We've looked at GT3, BTCC, Formula 3 and more. None of them used the exit of turn 3. We've also watched instructional videos from racing schools that specifically tell drivers to avoid the curb there as it upsets the balance of the car. Therefore the rules we have explicitly stated above will not be changed. yeah whatever...

Im not even going to be in the top 10 and don't expect to be, but. It was said no WHITE LINE crossing with 2 tires only!!

Then 3 days into the event were at its ok in the first turn.

Bulllllll Shh..... !!!!!

This is why I dont even take this Game seriously, as one min its ok then not then back to ok.

Either we stay inside the lines with 2 tires or we don't, theres no exceptions, otherwise redraw the lines!

Mahjik
12-10-2015, 14:46
FACT0RY PIL0T, either calm your tone or take a vacation. It's your choice.

GT-Club_Atho_
13-10-2015, 03:40
Hi every one here is my lap for this round :o

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NaCZAQzqiW0

FinPro
13-10-2015, 05:19
great lap Atho!

were you guys able to change final gear ratio ? On PC it was locked (at least for me) :)

FACT0RY PIL0T
13-10-2015, 10:59
great lap Atho!

were you guys able to change final gear ratio ? On PC it was locked (at least for me) :)

Mine was locked Fin, but now im wondering about that to as I looked at gears as mine all said the same ratio no matter what i changed?

GT-Club_Atho_
13-10-2015, 12:02
Mine was locked Fin, but now im wondering about that to as I looked at gears as mine all said the same ratio no matter what i changed?

Don't change final ratio. 1st and 2nd gear at minimum.

Joseph Barron
13-10-2015, 13:11
Here are the results from Brands Hatch.

http://www.projectcarsesports.com/home/brands-hatch-sms-r-driver-network-championship-round-17-results

GT-Club_Atho_
13-10-2015, 13:26
Thanks, that was fast !

However there is a problem with Yinato's time, his game always crash on his TSRacing account so he have to take his other nickname to finish the round. He don't have any reason to change because as you see his lap was clean so it's not wanted :confused:

Hope you can understand thank you.

Joseph Barron
13-10-2015, 13:39
Thanks, that was fast !

However there is a problem with Yinato's time, his game always crash on his TSRacing account so he have to take his other nickname to finish the round. He don't have any reason to change because as you see his lap was clean so it's not wanted :confused:

Hope you can understand thank you.

The official rules regarding the use of multiple accounts during a Driver Network event are as follows.

From 7th August inclusive and onwards, all participants wishing to post entries into the SMS-R Driver Network Championship are restricted to using their 'primary' Xbox Live Gamertag, PSN ID, or Steam Profile. Any entries posted under a different account will be treated as separate accounts accordingly and will not be accredited to the primary account.

Therefore we can only take the time set under the name 'TSRacing_Yinato' for this event. I would recommend that Yinato changes the names of these accounts before the next SMS-R event if he wants to avoid this issue happening again.

Kevin Leaune
13-10-2015, 13:47
Forgot my points Round 17

I must have 465 points

Why you have not classified SDL Milaho ? 1.37.2xx

Joseph Barron
13-10-2015, 14:15
Forgot my points Round 17

I must have 465 points

Why you have not classified SDL Milaho ? 1.37.2xx

I have double checked your points. You are correct. Before round 17 you had 429 points. In round 17 you scored 36 points for 4th place. Your total therefore is 465 and you have a 14 point lead in the drivers' standings. We will be updating this on the website shortly.

As for Milaho, I'll check why he was not classified and then update this post, though I suspect he may have run too wide in turn 3, a mistake which dozens of drivers made in this event.

EDIT: Milaho ran all 4 wheels off the circuit in a corner other than turn 1 during his fastest lap and therefore was not classified in the results.

Yinato
13-10-2015, 14:48
Hi Joseph,

Please excuse me for using two different accounts, I encountered several problems with my TSRacing account that forced me to use my primary account Yinato.

Know that I understand your decision, the law is the same for everyone, no matter who we are, no matter our position in the championship.

My goal is to finish second in an honest, though, if my current time is not taken into account, I have no chance to reach my goal and in this case, I prefer simply and humbly retire championship.

There are many problems to face in Project CARS so I decided to use another account, is by obligation in order to be competitive.

Maybe you just make an exception this time asking advice from other players?
I think I was pretty penalized since the beginning of the championship and I will not hide my disappointment.

Joseph, I hope you will not take my request as something negative, I will respect your decision what is what.
Please accept my sincere greetings.

Sincerely,
Anthony.

Joseph Barron
13-10-2015, 14:59
Hi Yinato.

Unfortunately, we will not be able to change your points for this round.

However, if you confirm to us in this thread that Yinato is your primary account, we will use that name to record your times from now on. However, you must then use only this account in the future.

There is still plenty of opportunity for you to improve your position in the drivers' standings and we'd love you to carry on competing! Don't forget that we have several cancelled rounds to rerun before the end of the season.

Yinato
13-10-2015, 15:22
Joseph, thank you for your answer.

Since the beginning of the championship, I have always been honest and respectful on the track, unfortunately this has often not been paid.

I lost many important points today, I lose again 12 points my direct competitor rather than winning 9 points.

With 72 points of differences instead of 53 points and even with 5 races remaining, it is now impossible for me to return to my competitor.

Nevertheless and as I said, I respect your decision, the regulation is the regulation.

So I announce officially that I withdraw the championship and thank you for it which was very exciting and very intense despite many teething problems.

Good luck to all participants and see you soon.

Sincerely,
Anthony.

Joseph Barron
13-10-2015, 15:32
Joseph, thank you for your answer.

Since the beginning of the championship, I have always been honest and respectful on the track, unfortunately this has often not been paid.

I lost many important points today, I lose again 12 points my direct competitor rather than winning 9 points.

With 72 points of differences instead of 53 points and even with 5 races remaining, it is now impossible for me to return to my competitor.

Nevertheless and as I said, I respect your decision, the regulation is the regulation.

So I announce officially that I withdraw the championship and thank you for it which was very exciting and very intense despite many teething problems.

Good luck to all participants and see you soon.

Sincerely,
Anthony.

Sorry to hear that Yinato. With 5 races left there are still 250 points available and with your pace you could still close that gap. It'll be a shame that we don't get to have the excitement of watching you take on that challenge. Hopefully you will take part again in season 2, or even change your mind and finish season 1. We wouldn't want you to miss out on the finale!

I've sent you a PM about something else as well.

FACT0RY PIL0T
14-10-2015, 03:48
Don't change final ratio. 1st and 2nd gear at minimum.So I just checked, and whats the diffrence, there all the same ratios, and second becomes first, 3 is 2 etc etc, at least on my game??? What am I missing? Im trying to learn something about the slower classes so im curious

Fabian Baumgarten
14-10-2015, 11:26
mhm...damn. missed this event :(