PDA

View Full Version : Time trial times and ghost.

tclancey
12-10-2015, 11:11
I'm a bit confused with the time trial times, it's the first time I've had a look at it this morning, in a GT3 car I got around the Le Mans 24 in 4:00, which was a pretty scruffy lap. However, on a race weekend in the same car I can't get under 4:25. I know in Time Trial the tyres and brakes are always optimal, but the AI manage around 4:05 and they face the same tyre and brake cooling I do. So, as I said, I'm a bit confused.

Also, the ghost I loaded from the leader board was all over the place, jumping backwards and forwards, one second miles behind, then in front, then behind again. Is this what the ghost does, or is this a bad ghost, or something else?

PTG Baby Cow
12-10-2015, 12:38
Bad ghost.

Theres something in the coding where if you have a full grid due to the decreased framerate time the times are a bit slower for everyone. This isnt usually an issue as they are equally slower for everyone, not sure how that effects the ai tho. Try setting up the race with 12 ai instead of a full grid (i believe spa allows like 30?) and your times should be closer to your tt times.

Also i dont believe ai is faced with the same tyre deg nor brake cooling issues you are, for the same reason they run different physics than you.

Also you may want to check the weather for the race you are doing. If it is a different time of year track and air temps could be completely different and you could be losing power or grip due to that also.

tclancey
12-10-2015, 14:30
I'm glad you mentioned the number of AI and the frame rate, Le Mans with 44 AI is a long way from 60 fps, it's more like 20. I wish they'd put a frame frame indicator on the screen somewhere, it would give us the ability to report problems more accurately where they occur. Maybe that's why they haven't!

tclancey
12-10-2015, 14:34
Not wanting to complete the 2nd practice session of a Le Mans weekend, I set time progression to 60, as I remembered there was a problem with times when skipping to the end.

However, I was watching the lap times and none of the AI were getting a lap time in below 10 minutes! With about 10 minutes left of the session if turned the time back to normal and the AI then posted the normal times, between 4:08 and 4:22.

There are definite problems with time.

ex_
13-10-2015, 20:46
now I'm confused... why are we talking about a grid for a time trial? This is a community time trial, no?

The thing that I don't like about this is that you cannot get your own ghost unless you exit and go find it, nor can you change your tune unless you exit and go to garage. doesn't the track have a few wrenches laying around?

PTG Baby Cow
13-10-2015, 23:34
I agree it's a pain to go change the tune. Your own ghost isn't hard to find go to the menu on the right where all the times are listed and press x (or whatever button that correlates to on pc.)

Schnizz58
13-10-2015, 23:42
AI manage around 4:05 and they face the same tyre and brake cooling I do.
Are you sure about that? I don't think they do.

ex_
14-10-2015, 15:39
I agree it's a pain to go change the tune. Your own ghost isn't hard to find go to the menu on the right where all the times are listed and press x (or whatever button that correlates to on pc.)

I know, which I actually stated :) But, this is very counter-intuitive comparitively.

tclancey
15-10-2015, 21:16
Are you sure about that? I don't think they do.

I've been running Le Mans again today on 100% and the AI are posting times at 04:00 with 29 AI on track.

Schnizz58
15-10-2015, 21:19
I've been running Le Mans again today on 100% and the AI are posting times at 04:00 with 29 AI on track.
That doesn't answer the question. You stated that they have the same tire cooling you do and I'm pretty sure that isn't true.

PTG Baby Cow
15-10-2015, 23:31
Def not true ai runs a different physics and tyre wear model. (Dumbed down version) to allow for better frame rates as it would require immense processing for them to be equal to yoy.