PDA

View Full Version : I strongly believe the sound glitch causes the crash back to race central

wOoDsTeR16
12-10-2015, 13:25
This is my biggest problem with the game now, after 4.0 things have improved no end but I would say 80% of the time the sound starts to play up this happens. In this video the game don't crash but If this was a league race 9 times out of 10 there is a wall waiting for me when the game kicks back in.

https://youtu.be/0Ssg8wdiJ_E

I've been saying this for months now, the sound glitch and the game locking up have to be connected.

Schnizz58
12-10-2015, 14:03
Seems more likely that they're both consequences of the same root cause.

wOoDsTeR16
13-10-2015, 05:21
It seems to be really bad on Dubai Autodrome. Yet again it's a league track and 3 times in a row last night after this video it crashed the game back to race central and each time the sound problem kicked in just before it crashed. The above video is in a race weekend but it was in TT that the game crashed back to race central.

wOoDsTeR16
13-10-2015, 10:43
And this was TT last night, this is when it crashes. It does do it at the end of the 2nd video but somehow I cut that out of it lol

https://youtu.be/GKrJAJZO5wI

ashasha
13-10-2015, 11:29
Seems more likely that they're both consequences of the same root cause.Agreed. If the sound is glitching right before it crashes its probably because its a lower priority in the system which means it would be the first thing you would notice because it would be the first thing to go. Clearing the persistent cache always solves my sound problems in all games.

Raven403
13-10-2015, 11:36
I never experience the game crashing to Dash like that....

What's different about our setups? I have Pcars downloaded to an External hard drive. Are you guys digital or Disc?

wOoDsTeR16
13-10-2015, 11:50
I never experience the game crashing to Dash like that....

What's different about our setups? I have Pcars downloaded to an External hard drive. Are you guys digital or Disc?

I have that happen a lot. Mine is on the xbox HD, nothing is different to my set ups its just 80% of the time the sound glitch kicks in the game locks up like in the first video or crashes like in the 2nd.

wOoDsTeR16
13-10-2015, 11:52
Clearing the persistent cache always solves my sound problems in all games.

How do you do that buddy?

Raven403
13-10-2015, 12:05
So the only difference in our setups is the Hard Drive. That's interesting

I also use Power Saving mode so my Xbox is never in Instant On mode too. That helps

wOoDsTeR16
13-10-2015, 12:11
I also use Power Saving mode so my Xbox is never in Instant On mode too. That helps

Me as well but I turn all power off at night

Raven403
13-10-2015, 12:16
Me as well but I turn all power off at night

Right, So thats off the list. Were you playing other stuff before you started Pcars? Running any apps in the backround?

(I know these are all the same questions people ask, but its pretty interesting to see what the difference is) For me I never have anything else running when I play pcars, but even when I have, I DO get the sound glitch (Always no matter what Btw) but it doesnt freeze or crash my game, at worst it slows down a bit, but never freezes. So it really seems the only real difference is the External HDD? That makes that much of a difference?

wOoDsTeR16
13-10-2015, 12:27
My Pcars ain't been out my xbox in weeks mate, it's all I play. And no I have nothing running other than Pcars

Raven403
13-10-2015, 12:30
My Pcars ain't been out my xbox in weeks mate, it's all I play. And no I have nothing running other than Pcars

Thats what Im getting at, meaning the only difference between us is I have mine running from a slightly faster external HDD and your using the Standard Xbox HDD. Im just having trouble understanding why that makes a difference in anything except loading times.

wOoDsTeR16
13-10-2015, 12:38
Thats what Im getting at, meaning the only difference between us is I have mine running from a slightly faster external HDD and your using the Standard Xbox HDD. Im just having trouble understanding why that makes a difference in anything except loading times.

I did have it on my external HD and had the same problems on there, thats why I tried putting it on my internal to see if that was the problem, I did it after 2.0 but the external ain't been connected since

Raven403
13-10-2015, 12:50
I did have it on my external HD and had the same problems on there, thats why I tried putting it on my internal to see if that was the problem, I did it after 2.0 but the external ain't been connected since

Then I'm all out of ideas. Lol

wOoDsTeR16
13-10-2015, 12:52
Then I'm all out of ideas. Lol

But you know what, other than in game chat not working that is my only problem now, I finally feel like this game is coming into its own. But it is a big problem, this game is all about league racing for me and that happening to me in the middle of a league race lets just say this game is NOT called project cars!.

Raven403
13-10-2015, 12:54
But you know what, other than in game chat not working that is my only problem now, I finally feel like this game is coming into its own. But it is a big problem, this game is all about league racing for me and that happening to me in the middle of a league race lets just say this game is NOT called project cars!.

I'm with u, I use the game 90% of the time for League Race prep and league racing, so I hear ya, having any kind of problem in a league race is a gut wrenching experience lol.

Dynomight Motorsports
17-10-2015, 01:43
I always thought it was game chat that cause the crash back to Race Central.

wOoDsTeR16
17-10-2015, 05:50
I always thought it was game chat that cause the crash back to Race Central.

No mate, well not for me anyway. This happens to me off line, but it has happened once on line.

odemode
17-10-2015, 09:50
For the first time in weeks I had problems last night where as people were randomly booted out and then I had no option to invite them back in. This happening halfway through a 30 min qualifying session in an organsised league is not good and yes it makes me (the event organiser) feel so bad. Unfortunately for the lad, he had to miss out. I have had to state in my league rules that dissconnections are an issue with this game and if it happens its just one of those things. I like you love this game and is all I play. I really hope they tweak these minor bugs now becuase I hate that feeling of "whats going to happen next"

All in all though as I've always said, top game, makes me smile