PDA

View Full Version : Audi E-TRON Quattro major problems

flybikes
12-10-2015, 19:02
(sorry my bad english).

I already had the opportunity to tell in this forum how much I love this game, but after download the Audi expansion pack I become a little dessapointed about the Audi R18 E-tron Quattro.

There are 2 major flaws that completly kill the magic of the car for me:

1 - In the real prototype, we have the hypnotising lights from the side... see this:

This are one of the best things in the Prototypes.. ads the magic.

2 - The other thing is the sound that is very bad in Project Cars!!! The different sound of this specific car is totally lost.

Here is the real on board sound :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DClxYaeVhzY

Here it is in project Cars:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cw-DDJiAlEY

The Asseto Corsa sound for this car is a little better:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hzQJgPBhN4U

SMS Please fix this! We prefer less cars done with passion and quality than a lot of cars poorly made (forza style)!

Jussi Viljami Karjalainen
12-10-2015, 19:20
2 - The other thing is the sound that is very bad in Project Cars!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DClxYaeVhzYWhat you have there is a bad microphone built in to the camera that is bolted straight onto the body of the car picking up a massive amount of gear whine etc. through the vibrations in the body, while simultaneously not picking up the other engine sounds as well. What the driver hears and what a camera mounted to the cockpit picks up are very different things. The Assetto Corsa car is a mod, and the reason it sounds so close to onboard videos is most likely because they've sampled an onboard video.

The car sounds in pCARS have been recorded with a variety of microphones placed all around the car, usually including (but not necessarily limited to) engine compartment, rear exhaust, and several microphones in the cockpit, some mounted tightly to the chassis (specifically to pick up the gear whine) and some with a shock mount. They might not be perfectly mixed in every case, but they're far and above what a GoPro mounted to the dash can hope to pick up.

flybikes
12-10-2015, 19:27
What you have there is a bad microphone built in to the camera that is bolted straight onto the body of the car picking up a massive amount of gear whine etc. through the vibrations in the body, while simultaneously not picking up the other engine sounds as well. What the driver hears and what a camera mounted to the cockpit picks up are very different things. The Assetto Corsa car is a mod, and the reason it sounds so close to onboard videos is most likely because they've sampled an onboard video.

The car sounds in pCARS have been recorded with a variety of microphones placed all around the car, usually including (but not necessarily limited to) engine compartment, rear exhaust, and several microphones in the cockpit, some mounted tightly to the chassis (specifically to pick up the gear whine) and some with a shock mount. They might not be perfectly mixed in every case, but they're far and above what a GoPro mounted to the dash can hope to pick up.

I understand what you`re saying but that is the sound that the driver ear. Here it is other onboard vídeo : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lx5gd7ST5lY . In the other cars the sound is very different. It`s a caracteristic of the E-tron Quattro (every vídeos of this car have this sound).

I believe that the SMS captured the sound of the motor etc with ideal conditions, but the mixure of the sounds in "editing" is poorly made. Whathever the car have that make that strange caracteristic sound (I think is the Flywheel accumulator) is not present in Project Cars.

And the lights from the side... We need a fix for this. Le Mans Prototypes without the lights lost half the magic.

apexatspeed
12-10-2015, 19:47
Really, "lost half the magic" because the lights on the side don't glow? I can fully understand wanting the details to be correct. I agree that they should light up. To say that it loses half the magic is ridiculous. The position lights have nothing to do with the magic of an LMP1 and/or the R18 E-Tron.

flybikes
12-10-2015, 19:54
Really, "lost half the magic" because the lights on the side don't glow? I can fully understand wanting the details to be correct. I agree that they should light up. To say that it loses half the magic is ridiculous. The position lights have nothing to do with the magic of an LMP1 and/or the R18 E-Tron.

It`s not ridiculous. Its a caracteristic. And for me "lost" more than half the magic.

I LOVE the Audi R18 E-tron Quattro. Without this caracteristics (the sound for example).. it become just one more car lost with many others. It`s not the Audi E-tron that I know and that I LOVE. It`s just another car to make the number bigger and that SUCKS. It`s a car without identity. It reminds me forza.

About the lights... Did you ever seen a 24 Hours in Le Mans Circuit Live? Pay a trip and go see with your family or friends the race in person! You will not regret. Go at the middle at the night.. you will see and understand what I`m saying about the "magic" that lights transmit.

PTG Baby Cow
12-10-2015, 19:59
ummm while i agree with you adding the side position lights would be cool. When would you see them?

flybikes
12-10-2015, 20:07
See this! At 2:30!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qTFM9Pbaajc

As I said before. The lights are very important and part of the magic. Imagine racing in Project Cars on Le Mans with the correct lights. It would be awesome and it should be fixed soon.

Vennt
12-10-2015, 20:17
No, it would be awesome for the (non-existent) spectators and the maybe for the first few times you'd watch the replay.

Personally I'd hope that such a waste of resources could wait until the 100,000 other more important fixes and changes are done and dusted and dealt with first, it's not a game-breaker nor anything other than a minor cosmetic issue, certainly not worth expending any time spent better elsewhere on.

flybikes
12-10-2015, 20:27
No, it would be awesome for the (non-existent) spectators and the maybe for the first few times you'd watch the replay.

Personally I'd hope that such a waste of resources could wait until the 100,000 other more important fixes and changes are done and dusted and dealt with first, it's not a game-breaker nor anything other than a minor cosmetic issue, certainly not worth expending any time spent better elsewhere on.

If everybody think like that, soon you will have a lot of cars with crappy and unrealistic sound like the E-Tron.

I really like the perfection. I prefer only have 20 cars well done than 40 with lack of detail.

But I agree with you in one thing..there are most important things to be changec in this game.

TrevorAustin
12-10-2015, 20:34
I understand what you`re saying but that is the sound that the driver ear. Here it is other onboard vídeo : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lx5gd7ST5lY . In the other cars the sound is very different. It`s a caracteristic of the E-tron Quattro (every vídeos of this car have this sound).

I believe that the SMS captured the sound of the motor etc with ideal conditions, but the mixure of the sounds in "editing" is poorly made. Whathever the car have that make that strange caracteristic sound (I think is the Flywheel accumulator) is not present in Project Cars.

And the lights from the side... We need a fix for this. Le Mans Prototypes without the lights lost half the magic.

You've missed the point, that isn't what the drivers here. It's what a cheap camera/microphone bolted the the chassis hears. The drivers are apart from anything else, massively insulated from that sound with a heavily padded and reinforced helmet.

I take it you've never driven with a helmet on? Even a very loud motorbike is hugely quitened inside a decent helmet. Especially as MOST drivers, if not all professional ones, use ear plugs.

So if you want it perfect the recorded sound should also be deadened by a simulated helmet and good quality ear plugs. Almost all high and most mid range gone.

12-10-2015, 20:37

I believe that the SMS captured the sound of the motor etc with ideal conditions, but the mixure of the sounds in "editing" is poorly made. Whathever the car have that make that strange caracteristic sound (I think is the Flywheel accumulator) is not present in Project Cars.Frankly when the issue is that "onboard sound captured by a small action camera with a crappy microphone mounted directly to the cockpit isn't a good way to pick up what the driver hears and will emphasize transmission gear whine and other mechanical noises" I don't see how posting another video of the same faulty setup helps. And just because every video recorded with a setup like this sounds similar doesn't tell you anything other than "this method of recording the sound results in a sound like this". It's a problem with most onboard recordings of race cars on YouTube, the transmission whine is heavily emphasized if they specifically didn't try to edit it out. What a GoPro or something like that mounted on to the dash (or worse yet, a rollcage) of a car picks up and what people actually inside the car are very different things, and that's not even considering what they (or youtube) might have done to the sound in editing/encoding.

VanquishedVantage
12-10-2015, 20:40
Frankly when the issue is that "onboard sound captured by a small action camera with a crappy microphone mounted directly to the cockpit isn't a good way to pick up what the driver hears and will emphasize transmission gear whine and other mechanical noises" I don't see how posting another video of the same faulty setup helps. And just because every video recorded with a setup like this sounds similar doesn't tell you anything other than "this method of recording the sound results in a sound like this". What a GoPro or something like that mounted on to the dash (or worse yet, a rollcage) of a car picks up and what people actually inside the car are very different things, and that's not even considering what they (or youtube) might have done to the sound in editing/encoding.
Yeah, to me GoPros have the worst sound quality around.

12-10-2015, 20:41
You've missed the point, that isn't what the drivers here. It's what a cheap camera/microphone bolted the the chassis hears. The drivers are apart from anything else, massively insulated from that sound with a heavily padded and reinforced helmet.

I take it you've never driven with a helmet on? Even a very loud motorbike is hugely quitened inside a decent helmet. Especially as MOST drivers, if not all professional ones, use ear plugs.

So if you want it perfect the recorded sound should also be deadened by a simulated helmet and good quality ear plugs. Almost all high and most mid range gone.It's not just the helmet issue. The way the transmission whine and other mechanical noises travel through the body and directly into the camera affects the sound massively. The transmission whine especially travels so much better into the camera through the physical vibrations going from the body of the car through the mount of the camera into the camera itself than through the actual soundwaves in the air. Compared to that you have a driver sitting on a cushioned seat, which gets some vibration transmitted through it, but mostly in the lower register, mostly hearing soundwaves in the air.

Shinzah
12-10-2015, 20:43
*Open 'Major Problems' thread*
"I'm having a tiny minor issue with the game that barely affects it at all. SMS Fix it! NOW!"

"My fix is more important than your fix!"

"No it's not, there's 100,000 more fixes more important than your fix!"

"No there's 1mil more important fixes than your fix! My fix is more important!"

"Actually this doesn't need to be fixed at all because science..."

"OMG YES IT DOES SHUT UP IM GOING TO INSULT (X) PART OF THE DEV TEAM I FEEL PERSONALLY RESPONSIBLE CREATED (Y)"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0u8teXR8VE4

12-10-2015, 20:45
Also just for the record, I'm not saying anything definite about the realism of the R18 e-tron's sound in-game. What I'm saying is that a YouTube video (or 10) filmed with a small plastic camera mounted directly on the body of a racing car is not the definitive measure of what the car sounds like.

Mahjik
12-10-2015, 21:00

For the record... I like that song and bought the vinyl album when it originally came out... :p

VanquishedVantage
12-10-2015, 21:01
For the record... I like that song and bought the vinyl album when it originally came out... :p

You must have a great taste in music. :p

flybikes
12-10-2015, 21:20

So if you want it perfect the recorded sound should also be deadened by a simulated helmet and good quality ear plugs. Almost all high and most mid range gone.

I not miss the point.

Yes, I use a helmet every day. I have a GSXR K7 1000.

Even when I mount a Go Pro in my bike, the sound I hear in the camera is pretty much spot on the sound I hear with the helmet.

The cameras don`t "create" sounds from nothing (what you hear is not a vibration).

The sound you CAN HEAR in ALL the vídeos from AUDI R18 E-TRON QUATTRO, is the sound from the Flywheel Acumulator.

By the way, in Project Cars you have the helmet camera, so even if your "in helmet camera" the sound is different, in the other cameras the Flywheel should be heard.

The thing is... stop with excuses. The sound of E-tron R18 in Project Cars is poorly made, poorly mixed whatever. They don`t recreated the caracteristic sound (or is to low) in any camera/point of view. Even in Asseto Corsa is better and you can hear the flywheel in interior and in exterior of the car.

Want another video with a lot of point views? Here it is :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0znj348pvRI

The sound is always present, because is the way that car sounds. No matter if you use a Red Camera or an Iphone camera.

Sledgar
12-10-2015, 21:58

In my oppinion the "right feeling" is more important than realism in terms of sound here. I was so hyped as i saw that there will be a r18 e-tron and exspecially on that sound, but after driving the car for the first time I had the feeling that I drove a different car than the e-tron. I think making the sound more like you hear it in the videos would add that feeling and make it sound way more impressing. IMO the sound you hear on the videos is the most apealing thing on the whole car and I guess I'm not the only one thinking that.
Just a little Idea: The sound of every car is different depending on where the camera currently is (outside/inside). Why dont you make a third version for a car like the e-tron? Many people would be evry happy about this I think.

Edit. Why is the r18 e-tron the only car sounding like that if it isnt the only hybrid car? Shouldnt some more cars make that loud sounds?

apexatspeed
12-10-2015, 22:09
It`s not ridiculous. Its a caracteristic. And for me "lost" more than half the magic.

I LOVE the Audi R18 E-tron Quattro. Without this caracteristics (the sound for example).. it become just one more car lost with many others. It`s not the Audi E-tron that I know and that I LOVE. It`s just another car to make the number bigger and that SUCKS. It`s a car without identity. It reminds me forza.

About the lights... Did you ever seen a 24 Hours in Le Mans Circuit Live? Pay a trip and go see with your family or friends the race in person! You will not regret. Go at the middle at the night.. you will see and understand what I`m saying about the "magic" that lights transmit.

I am not talking about the sound. Saying the lights takes away half of the magic just seems excessive. That undermines all the engineering put into the car to make it be able to win a 24hr race in the LMP1 class.

GT_Racing
12-10-2015, 22:15
I am not talking about the sound. Saying the lights takes away half of the magic just seems excessive. That undermines all the engineering put into the car to make it be able to win a 24hr race in the LMP1 class.

I was going to say that lights dont even matter. Especially considering none of the LMP1 cars' lights work. And they arent even on if you arent top 3 anyway. That whole first point in the OPs argument is nonense

flybikes
12-10-2015, 22:27

Everything is important. Even the name (a simple 2 or 3 words.. ) and the history. Every detail of one car is important to make it different from the all others. That`s the reason a lot of people is falling in love with that car. The lights.. the name, the sound, the engineering.. everything counts. Everything in a whole is what makes the car unique.

flybikes
12-10-2015, 22:32
I was going to say that lights dont even matter. Especially considering none of the LMP1 cars' lights work. And they arent even on if you arent top 3 anyway. That whole first point in the OPs argument is nonense

For you. Is because posts like this that we will never have really good simulators.

"ITS ALL NONSENCE...".. "THIS DETAIL DONT EVEN MATTER, BECAUSE..." ...

That`s why you in this moment have a Audi R18 E-tron Quattro in Project Cars incomplete/badly represented. To the point that doens`t even have the sound from the flywheel from the real car.

Make more posts like that. The developers will thank you forever. They will have less work for the next cars, because nothing matters.

Schnizz58
12-10-2015, 22:32
what you hear is not a vibration
What is sound then if it isn't a vibration?

Shinzah
12-10-2015, 22:39

https://memecrunch.com/image/4edbbd4418613349e4000000.jpg

flybikes
12-10-2015, 22:52

Very funny:D

hkraft300
13-10-2015, 00:50
+1 for illuminated numbers on relevant cars. Detail work for pCars 2, perhaps?

For you. Is because posts like this that we will never have really good simulators.

That`s why you in this moment have a Audi R18 E-tron Quattro in Project Cars incomplete/badly represented. To the point that doens`t even have the sound from the flywheel from the real car.

Make more posts like that. The developers will thank you forever. They will have less work for the next cars, because nothing matters.

So Project Cars is NOT GOOD simulator because it uses more real sounds than a YouTube video?
Tell me how many times you've driven the R18 eTron? I'm sure the acoustics of a motorbike are the same as a carbon fibre monocoque hybrid LMP race car...
By the way, I've driven ETron in the game, and I can hear the flywheel just fine, during braking.

In my oppinion the "right feeling" is more important than realism in terms of sound here.

Edit. Why is the r18 e-tron the only car sounding like that if it isnt the only hybrid car? Shouldnt some more cars make that loud sounds?

NFS comes out soon, don't worry :p seriously some grit and realism, some "honesty" even in digital recreation is much appreciated. Don't we get enough "Hollywood" and, as my wife calls it "Photoshop", in our lives in every direction?

Flywheel isn't the only means of fast electric power storage. The 2 other common methods are Lithium batteries (like laptop/ phones/ tablets) and capacitors, which I think the TS040 uses, from memory. They store charge by chemical energy but the flywheel stores it via kinetic energy.

Very funny:D

And, funnily enough, just as true.

flybikes
13-10-2015, 01:33
+1 for illuminated numbers on relevant cars. Detail work for pCars 2, perhaps?

So Project Cars is NOT GOOD simulator because it uses more real sounds than a YouTube video?
Tell me how many times you've driven the R18 eTron? I'm sure the acoustics of a motorbike are the same as a carbon fibre monocoque hybrid LMP race car...
By the way, I've driven ETron in the game, and I can hear the flywheel just fine, during braking.

[B]NFS comes out soon, don't worry :p seriously some grit and realism, some "honesty" even in digital recreation is much appreciated. Don't we get enough "Hollywood" and, as my wife calls it "Photoshop", in our lives in every direction?

Flywheel isn't the only means of fast electric power storage. The 2 other common methods are Lithium batteries (like laptop/ phones/ tablets) and capacitors, which I think the TS040 uses, from memory. They store charge by chemical energy but the flywheel stores it via kinetic energy.

And, funnily enough, just as true.

All the parts in bold from your post ... they make no sense.

Right but the E-Tron uses the flywheel, so, It would be nice if we can hear it, like in the real car, because is the first thing you notice that diferenciate this car from many others. See the comments on youtube about the car. EVERYBODY, talks about the sound of the flywheel.. and how different the car sounds. And in Project Cars they basicly ignored this caracteristic. Fail.

hkraft300
13-10-2015, 01:59

I was being sarcastic. The acoustics (the way the sound waves travel, therefore the sound the driver hears) of an LMP car is the NOT the same as a motorbike.

All the parts in bold from your post ... they make no sense.

Enough said.

Right but the E-Tron uses the flywheel, so, It would be nice if we can hear it, like in the real car, because is the first thing you notice that diferenciate this car from many others. See the comments on youtube about the car. EVERYBODY, talks about the sound of the flywheel.. and how different the car sounds. And in Project Cars they basicly ignored this caracteristic. Fail.

Yes, you CAN hear it during braking. I use cockpit cam. I can hear it through my 5.1 and my headphones, and just TV.
Sounds in game are recorded differently than YouTube videos. When you're in cockpit, you hear different sound than when you're outside the vehicle. Also in a game you have no Doppler effect. In a YouTube video the car moves towards and away from the microphone.
And GoPro/mobile phone microphones are not entirely great.
A race driver doesn't hear the same sounds as what you hear from GoPro footage on YouTube.

I suppose everything in bold I've said still make no sense to you? I am just repeating what everyone else already said.

flybikes
13-10-2015, 02:53
I was being sarcastic. The acoustics (the way the sound waves travel, therefore the sound the driver hears) of an LMP car is the NOT the same as a motorbike.

Enough said.

Yes, you CAN hear it during braking. I use cockpit cam. I can hear it through my 5.1 and my headphones, and just TV.
Sounds in game are recorded differently than YouTube videos. When you're in cockpit, you hear different sound than when you're outside the vehicle. Also in a game you have no Doppler effect. In a YouTube video the car moves towards and away from the microphone.
A race driver doesn't hear the same sounds as what you hear from GoPro footage on YouTube.

I suppose everything in bold I've said still make no sense to you? I am just repeating what everyone else already said.

Do you want more vídeos of the car outside the cockpit recorded with many different cameras? I can put some vídeos here.

Is really necessary? It is difficult for you to believe that in reality you can hear the loud flywheel in the car and the game does not represent this? :rolleyes::confused:

You have to touch the sound with your hand to believe?

The flywheel sound can be in the game, but the volume is WAY to low.

KANETAKER
13-10-2015, 03:20
Also badly needed that peculiar sound that seems to come from traction control. It is a kind of rattle (tracking) is heard when accelerating in curves (at 0:35 in the video)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ro1yEkiEgbs

Usually almost all LMP1 cars have that sound when accelerating off the curves.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WO6tRAigC3M At 0:25

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4j_yggEYH58 At the start of video

apexatspeed
13-10-2015, 03:51
Everything is important. Even the name (a simple 2 or 3 words.. ) and the history. Every detail of one car is important to make it different from the all others. That`s the reason a lot of people is falling in love with that car. The lights.. the name, the sound, the engineering.. everything counts. Everything in a whole is what makes the car unique.

I explicitly said I agree the lights should work, but the lights not working shouldn't take away half the magic. 99% of the magic of the R18 E-Tron is how it works and how it drives. The lights are 1% at most. If you think lights are half the magic you should reevaluate what you enjoy about racing.

You should take a look at my profile picture.

GT_Racing
13-10-2015, 03:55

You say posts like mine are the reason we cant have good simulators? Ok, bud.

hkraft300
13-10-2015, 06:49
Sounds in game are recorded differently than YouTube videos. When you're IN cockpit, you hear different sound than when you're OUTSIDE the vehicle. Also in a game you have no Doppler effect. In a YouTube video the car moves towards and away from the microphone.

Do you want more vídeos of the car outside the cockpit recorded with many different cameras? I can put some vídeos here.

Is really necessary? It is difficult for you to believe that in reality you can hear the loud flywheel in the car and the game does not represent this? :rolleyes::confused:

You have to touch the sound with your hand to believe?

The flywheel sound can be in the game, but the volume is WAY to low.

Jaaayysus... Says the man who doesn't realise that: INSIDE the car and OUTSIDE the car are 2 different sounds.
I use inside cam. I can hear the flywheel just fine.

I'm actually quite glad this game doesn't sound like footage from YouTube.

Since you want the YouTube sound on your chase cam of the eTron, go buy yourself some cheap speakers/ earphones.

flybikes
13-10-2015, 07:02
B
I explicitly said I agree the lights should work, but the lights not working shouldn't take away half the magic. 99% of the magic of the R18 E-Tron is how it works and how it drives. The lights are 1% at most. If you think lights are half the magic you should reevaluate what you enjoy about racing.

You should take a look at my profile picture.

Is because the way it works that should have the correct sound and lights.

Remove the lights, remove the different sounds, remove the different history, remove every caracteristic and you will end with cars with half of the personality. If this is what you want you should try Forza cause that game have 400 cars that really suck.

I like the perfection.

I see your profile pic. Heres me in a trackday. So what?

flybikes
13-10-2015, 07:07
Jaaayysus... Says the man who doesn't realise that: INSIDE the car and OUTSIDE the car are 2 different sounds.
I use inside cam. I can hear the flywheel just fine.

I'm actually quite glad this game doesn't sound like footage from YouTube.

Since you want the YouTube sound on your chase cam of the eTron, go buy yourself some cheap speakers/ earphones.

I already show you the same sound from the flywheel from inside and outside of the car. If you think the game should sound different from ALL the videos you see on youtube, television etc so thats a problem with you. Maybe you don't like realistic stuff. The only thing cheap here is the sound mix of this car (very weak and irrealistic).

TrevorAustin
13-10-2015, 07:19
I already show you the same sound from the flywheel from inside and outside of the car. If you think the game should sound different from ALL the videos you see on youtube, television etc so thats a problem with you. Maybe you don't like realistic stuff. The only thing cheap here is the sound mix of this car (very weak and irrealistic).

Posts like yours are why they still need special schools.

You literally don't make any sense, what is the point of posting outside the car videos? Have you ever driven an etron in full race gear to make you the expert you think you are? Or should we trust the sms sound team who assure us all sounds are realistically recorded with high quality gear? Hmmm, tough one I don't think:)

antraxx25
13-10-2015, 07:46
2 - The other thing is the sound that is very bad in Project Cars!!! The different sound of this specific car is totally lost.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DClxYaeVhzY

Here it is in project Cars:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cw-DDJiAlEY

The Asseto Corsa sound for this car is a little better:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hzQJgPBhN4U

SMS Please fix this! We prefer less cars done with passion and quality than a lot of cars poorly made (forza style)!

I think the only one problem which really is not that big,heard from more diesel engine and a bit less electric/hybrid sounds.

hkraft300
13-10-2015, 07:52

Haha
Tell that to Rain Man. He practically bankrupted a casino and he was a reTArd ;)

flybikes
13-10-2015, 08:06
Haha
Tell that to Rain Man. He practically bankrupted a casino and he was a reTArd ;)

Im not a retard. I'm the captain planet.

Cheesenium
13-10-2015, 08:51

Paulo Ribeiro
13-10-2015, 09:04
That's it. Now I will never drive the E-Tron again.

http://s222.photobucket.com/user/SCHUEYF1/media/nope-cat.jpg.html

SMS people destroy half of the magic, shame on you.

C3PO
13-10-2015, 09:04
What you have there is a bad microphone built in to the camera that is bolted straight onto the body of the car picking up a massive amount of gear whine etc. through the vibrations in the body, while simultaneously not picking up the other engine sounds as well. What the driver hears and what a camera mounted to the cockpit picks up are very different things. The Assetto Corsa car is a mod, and the reason it sounds so close to onboard videos is most likely because they've sampled an onboard video.

Were car sounds for this LMP1 sourced from the actual car with multiple mic set ups?

Bealdor
13-10-2015, 09:21

Haha

Guys, please refrain from posting such (insulting) remarks. If you can't respond to someone in a civil manner, don't post at all.

flybikes
13-10-2015, 11:12
They are savages! Thank you moderator.

hkraft300
13-10-2015, 11:18
Haha

Guys, please refrain from posting such (insulting) remarks. If you can't respond to someone in a civil manner, don't post at all.

I was quoting a line from The Hangover -_-

Well done :applause:

Bealdor
13-10-2015, 11:52

That's exactly the kind of useless remark I was talking about... :rolleyes:

Doesn't make your post more relevant to the discussion, sorry (especially since other members found this offensive enough to report it).

hkraft300
13-10-2015, 12:01
It was practically in OP's defence! ;)

Point taken.

chig88
13-10-2015, 12:38

Shinzah
13-10-2015, 13:24
Im not a retard. I'm the captain planet.

Can I sig this? This is amazing.

apexatspeed
13-10-2015, 16:54
B

Is because the way it works that should have the correct sound and lights.

Remove the lights, remove the different sounds, remove the different history, remove every caracteristic and you will end with cars with half of the personality. If this is what you want you should try Forza cause that game have 400 cars that really suck.

I like the perfection.

I see your profile pic. Heres me in a trackday. So what?

My point is that it is an R18 in the picture. The lights aren't what makes the car special. Once again if lights are taking half the magic out of a car you need to reevaluate what you enjoy about racing. Forza would be more fitting for you since you care more about the lights than how it drives.

KANETAKER
13-10-2015, 17:14
On the subject of lights, the only thing I agree is the issue to be given a utility at 3 lights that are on the sides of the car resistance to indicate what position are the top 3 (1st, 2nd and 3rd). This is because they illuminate the numbers of the cars would be impossible because skins are actually painted over the 3D model.

Perhaps only those cars that can not add custom skins could try illuminate the numbers on the sides of the car as in the case of the AUDIs R18 (and also the Toyota LMP1 that will be available soon)

Shinzah
13-10-2015, 17:16
(and also the Toyota LMP1 that will be available soon)
The Toyota can't have custom skins? ;-;

KANETAKER
13-10-2015, 18:41
The Toyota can't have custom skins? ;-;

No, because it can't find a file with the name or the serial number of the car (TS040). I just found some files with the name of TOY but none belongs to TS040.

The reason must be the same as the AUDI R18 and McLaren cars: License issues.