PDA

View Full Version : Pcars architecture v's Fm6

Oo04RCY
12-10-2015, 20:35
No competition Project Cars wins hands down!
As an Architectural designer and a 3D modelling pioneer having started 3D modelling in 1997, I have to compliment Project Cars on some stunning architectural modelling. It was the first thing I noticed when I first played the game. I never really enjoyed the magic carpet ride of previous Forzas especially on some tracks.
From my first game on Project Cars I was very impressed. Having recently viewed the credits I understand why now as 3D Studio Max was used, software I'd used in my early career. Like everyone on here I was eager to play the new Forza 6 but while impressed initially at the more detailed track architecture I instantly started getting a headache.
It seems Forza has no third point perspective or rather every building looks too square or rather too small for its scale and has no perspective. Without getting too technical, I know we're too busy looking at the cars and keeping our eyes on the track, I began to notice other issues in particular a lack of depth in perception of gradients on slopes, shallow falls and hills.
Very poor Forza and congratulations to Project Cars for setting such a high standard thats yet to be beaten. In my humble opinion Project Cars is by far the best and just keeps getting better. Critics should hang their heads in shame.
Race on people!

FIA
12-10-2015, 21:43
i only got as far as the demo and that was my limit, demo saved me some cash, (to not get full game)
was once a forza fan, now its a toy game, pcars is a solid racing sim...

sbtm
12-10-2015, 21:50
And forza cars seem to float above the track. Especially in the rain the tires seem to have zero contact to the surface. This just looks poor.

Oo04RCY
12-10-2015, 22:45
Yeah I was a big fan of earlier versions that had cars on I've owned. My friend brought his Xbox1 over for me to try. Saved me wasting my money. I tried a wet race and found exactly the same.

Poulka
13-10-2015, 02:37
I have to say as well that I didn't get past forza demo either. Racing doesn't have the trill like PCars or dynamics. Only thing I Forza for is to build and paint cars. If I could get custom race liveries from community on consoles from P Cars I would be ecstatic.