PDA

View Full Version : When are the tracks getting some more TLC?

KimKom
13-10-2015, 10:08
I'm speaking about the tracks that are currently in the game.

There are some obvious pop-up issues. For example, behind the main stand at Barcelona when entering the main straight.

There are quite a few texture flickering issues. For example, the sponsor board on the bridge at Monza, and various fences around Spa.

I think there's still room for improvement on the optimization front too, in order to maintain a more consistent frame rate across the tracks.

Could these please be addressed in an upcoming patch.

Thanks SMS.

resmania
13-10-2015, 12:01
Some large tracks has shadow pop-up issue. (Spa, Mojave for example)

NemethR
13-10-2015, 12:08
- The trees at Brands Hatch could use some re-work (GP circuit), they look really sub-quality compared to other tracks.

- Brno Trees are to a percent transparent, and you can see the mountains through them, ot other things.

Konan
13-10-2015, 12:22
I'm speaking about the tracks that are currently in the game.

There are some obvious pop-up issues. For example, behind the main stand at Barcelona when entering the main straight.

There are quite a few texture flickering issues. For example, the sponsor board on the bridge at Monza, and various fences around Spa.

I think there's still room for improvement on the optimization front too, in order to maintain a more consistent frame rate across the tracks.

Could these please be addressed in an upcoming patch.

Thanks SMS.

I think they're a whole lot better than on your profile picture...lol :D

KimKom
13-10-2015, 13:47
I think they're a whole lot better than on your profile picture...lol :D

Just a little better ;)

Things have certainly came a long way since then.

Konan
13-10-2015, 13:53
Just a little better ;)

Indeed! Had a lot of fun playing that one too though :p

BazzaLB
13-10-2015, 13:53
Just a little better ;)

my wrist aches far less now than it did when playing pitstop 2! What was better than strategically ramming your opponent into the pits :D

Konan
13-10-2015, 13:55
my wrist aches far less now than it did when playing pitstop 2! What was better than strategically ramming your opponent into the pits :D

I hear ya...:rolleyes:

Mahjik
13-10-2015, 14:09
I wouldn't expect much work on existing tracks unless there are severe issues (i.e. falling through the surface, serious performance issues, etc).

KimKom
13-10-2015, 14:10
In reality it was identical to pCARS.

Both featured colour coded tyre wear. ;)

BazzaLB
13-10-2015, 14:12
In reality it was identical to pCARS.

Both featured colour coded tyre wear. ;)

And it had an animated pitcrew. Maybe we haven't come so far after all :D

KimKom
13-10-2015, 14:20
Quality stuff at 1:45 (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NY1uiC9wHBg) :cool:

EDIT: I have now officially derailed my own thread.

KimKom
13-10-2015, 14:46
I wouldn't expect much work on existing tracks unless there are severe issues (i.e. falling through the surface, serious performance issues, etc).

Getting back on topic...

I don't believe asking for fixes for pop-up issues and texture flickering is expecting much work.

Here's hoping these can be swept up in an upcoming patch.

Mahjik
13-10-2015, 15:08
I don't believe asking for fixes for pop-up issues and texture flickering is expecting much work.

Never said it was.. I'm suggesting that I doubt SMS will put any time into anything other than gameplay breaking issues with existing tracks. If I were running the studio, I can't say I would myself. Time is money and things like that won't necessarily bring new pCARS drivers.

However, only time will tell.

Shinzah
13-10-2015, 15:37
Threads this passed week:

Dirty Windows.
LMP1 Lights + Doesn't sound like a gopro.
Yellowbird doesn't sound like a random tuned Yellowbird.
Too Bright Aston GTE Interior.

And now....

Minor pop-in at Catalunya.

If this is what people are complaining about, I think Pcars is doing quite well.

http://i.imgur.com/6mWYu0v.jpg

KimKom
13-10-2015, 15:55
Never said it was.. I'm suggesting that I doubt SMS will put any time into anything other than gameplay breaking issues with existing tracks. If I were running the studio, I can't say I would myself. Time is money and things like that won't necessarily bring new pCARS drivers.

However, only time will tell.

Indeed, but I think SMS have been quite pro-active with their patches and fixes, so perhaps these things will at least be considered.

I have to say (and please don't take this personally) that your comment speaks volumes for what is wrong with the games industry these days. It's all too typical for this type of mentality to drive what the studio's 'believe' will grow their business.

I'd like to think that we, and potential customers (hate to use that word!) appreciate quality in the form of good customer support via fixes/patches etc, as well as in the now obligatory DLC.

Mahjik
13-10-2015, 16:04
I have to say (and please don't take this personally) that your comment speaks volumes for what is wrong with the games industry these days. It's all too typical for this type of mentality to drive what the studio's 'believe' will grow their business.

I work in IT for my real job and deal with this sort of thing on a daily basis. At the end of the day, yes companies can spend their time (which equals money) on things that don't drive their business. However, they all have to ensure they can put money into the pockets of their workers. Their workers are depending on that to be able to put roofs over their families' heads and food on their tables. I personally have to make decisions on how to spend my company's money wisely and unfortunately there are some things that just don't get done in order to keep the company going forward.

SMS will be making similar decisions. It just comes down to what isn't getting done while smaller requests like these are... i.e. is there something more important those resources should be doing instead...

KimKom
13-10-2015, 18:27
Eloquently put Mahjik.

All good points.

Hopefully SMS will continue to develop the pCARS brand by improving the product and thus garnering customer confidence. I believe that in the long term, this is much more important (and valuable) than short term gains from DLC. Like you say though, resources need to be managed...

:)

apexatspeed
13-10-2015, 18:39
I'd prefer we get the M6, new R8, and AMG GT's GT3 cars first. You know, before we start getting into minor track visual issues.