PDA

View Full Version : The lack of a drying line!

BigAlex
13-10-2015, 14:53
I think this game should address a very common situation that happens in the real world.

The Drying Line.

Why on earth a top notch simulator does not have this feature: Even the good and old GP4 used to have a dying line. One step out of it and you would have been toasted.

I think this is a serious lack of realism in this game....

Anyone know whether the devs are working this or not?

Thanks in advance!

regards,

Bealdor
13-10-2015, 15:14
Physically there IS a drying line implemented IIRC. It's just not graphically shown though.

BigAlex
13-10-2015, 16:20
Yes I have never seen one. This would give this game much better realism. For instance, a driver with rain tyres would want to skip the line a bit in order to cool them down. ITOH a driver with slicks would want to follow that line unless they want to feel the gravel's taste.

J4M35_R
13-10-2015, 16:22
Physically there IS a drying line implemented IIRC. It's just not graphically shown though.

lol, there are also yellow flags just not graphically shown either same with the pit crews, they are there honest. :)

TXcountry
13-10-2015, 18:25
Yea and that the track dries immediately after the rain stops. About half a lap after rain and the entire track is dry and tires are over heating.

Borez
13-10-2015, 21:16
Never mind that, what about the fact that as soon as the rain stops you can drive flat out again almost instantly.

QPRLad
16-10-2015, 13:40
Yea and that the track dries immediately after the rain stops. About half a lap after rain and the entire track is dry and tires are over heating.

This could have something t do with the time acceleration, but I do know what you mean. i rarely have wet/dry/wet races.

vahagn_hayk
17-10-2015, 02:43
nothing to do with time acceleration u can go flat out...after rain, the cars have jet turbine dryers while driving over the wet and instantly dry the track...
no serioulsy there is nothing like drying line or whatever, tested it hundreds of times online and single player...progression and stuff makes no difference.

rotorrian
21-10-2015, 04:56
You need to use the SVG method for cooler tyres.......

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gAzcz6GPAUM