PDA

View Full Version : Project CARS PS4 Patch 5.0 Release Notes

Stephen Viljoen
13-10-2015, 17:08
Hi all,

The PS4 patch is about to roll out, and with that, here are the release notes.

Project CARS – PS4 Patch 5.0 – Release notes

* Enforce fixed (default) setups – fixed cases where enabling this would still allow players to use custom setups. Enabled the player's custom controller settings to still be used when using fixed setups.
* Mojave layouts – fixed an issue where, if the host were disqualified, it would force end-of-race for everyone.
* Fixed an issue with tyre choices being ignored during pit stops.

Physics & AI
* Improved AI behaviour in pit lanes to further reduce cars hitting the pit walls when driving out of the garages.
* Fixed an issue where cars under AI control would struggle to drive correctly on tracks with high banking.
* Fixed an issue where some car parts that were dislodged during a collision would not be removed when the track is cleared.

Career
* Fixed an issue where the maximum amount of contract and invitation emails could be exceeded with DLC installed, resulting in the player not being notified of newly unlocked contract offers and invitational events.

Controls
* Fixed a bug on the splash screen where the controller used to press the A Button to start was not selected as the current controller.
* Logitech G29 – updated default controller map sets for the layouts to be consistent between wheels and across platforms.
* Removed default assignments for wipers and lights, as this was disabling the wipers/lights turning on automatically when it started raining or got dark.

Tracks
* Nürburgring GP, Sprint, Sprint Short – fixed an issue that caused issues for cars pitting in the first pit spot.
* Nordschleife – fixed an issue that caused cars to get stuck against the pit wall when driving in the pit lane.
* Nürburgring Sprint Short – fixed a cut track issue at the NGK Chicane.
* Barcelona GP – fixed cut track issue when entering the pit lane.
* Watkins Glen – improved overall track performance to address frame rate drops in certain areas.

Vehicles
* Aston Martin Vantage GTE – tweaked cockpit exposure to work better with rainy conditions.
* Aston Martin DBR 1-2 – set the car up so that the steering wheel remains in a static state when the user chooses the ‘hide wheel’ option, so that the user can still read the vital info displayed on the wheel.
* Aston Martin DBR1 1959 – fixed an issue where the wrong helmet was displayed when using Helmet View, tweaked inertia and roll stiffness to improve collision behaviour.
* Audi 90 IMSA GTO, Audi R8 V10 plus, Ruf Rt 12R – fixed an issue where the KERS bar would appear on the HUD of these cars, even though they don’t have KERS.
* BMW 320 Turbo – fixed an issue where the car would start 'wandering' in straight lines after a few laps.
* Bentley Continental GT3 – updated engine and minimum ride height to match latest; mapped real world balance of performance; updated gearbox ratios to current FIA specifications, putting it more in line with the other GT3 cars.
* Ford Mustang GT – improve braking power to better match the car's weight.
* Ginetta G40 – partial fix for front tires overheating if pressure goes over 1.8bar.
* Historic Lotus Formula cars – improved the Helmet View exposure settings
* Lotus 98T – fixed an issue with missing bodywork in the cockpit
* Mercedes C Class DTM – adjusted steering wheel shift lights to better match the engine's power band.
* Ruf CTR – changed to a more durable brake pad for track use and added an optional brake duct to help control temperatures at slow tracks.
* Mitsubishi Evo-X – improved engine sound quality.

GUI & HUD
* Display correct message when trying to toggle assists when assists are disabled.
* Changed the displayed values for Lateral and Longitudinal weight bias, to make it more intuitive.
* Fixed an issue with bad Text spacing on the Telemetry screen.
* Fixed various issues with the HUD gearshift indicator during replays.
* Fixed an issue where making real time changes to the stability control would display incorrect information.
* Fixed an issue where the in-game Standings screen ‘Lap time’ was cleared too soon.

General
* Fixed an issue where the ‘Sync to Race’ option was unavailable when configuring Weather Progression.
* Fixed an issue where the Best Driving Line assist appeared in the rear view mirrors.
* Localisation – added ‘United Arab Emirates’ used by Lykan to non-English language sets.
* Fixed an issue with Quick Race Weekend, where running Qualifying and Race without a Practice session would cause the Qualifying session rules to not work correctly.
* Fixed a case where the ‘One more for the road’ achievement would not unlock correctly.
* Fixed an issue where the player could still toggle driving assists on via buttons, even when driving assists was disabled.
* Fixed an issue where the external driving camera would clip through the track on steep banking.
* Fixed an issue with random cloud ‘popping’ in and out of view.
* Fixed an issue with clouds disappearing when using time acceleration.
* Fixed a render timing issue that would at times cause a black screen when the processor is under heavy load.
* Fixed an issue that caused the player’s view to switch from helmet camera to cockpit camera during pit stops.
* Resolved more retail crashes.

hornet66
13-10-2015, 17:11
Top guys.cant wait to download it.

notanuva
13-10-2015, 17:19
Thank you for all the hard work you guy's are putting in to this game and keep the patches coming :) and i'm loving the game.

falm
13-10-2015, 17:25
Hi all,

Controls
* Fixed a bug on the splash screen where the controller used to press the A Button to start was not selected as the current controller.

Since there is no A Button on a Dualshock Controller, is this a fix for XBOX that just slipped in?

Anyway: Thanks again for the ongoing commitment :)

Fre.Mo
13-10-2015, 17:30
Good news, thanks.

Pirategenius
13-10-2015, 17:48
Great news guys.

Just one thing will we ever get correct track drying times when using real time and 100% race distance in career mode. It's a bit wrong having a track go from flooded to bone dry in 1/2 a lap.

phinn
13-10-2015, 17:49
Great update. Lots of minor fixes... Guess that means the game is pretty complete. Certainly feels that way.

ElectricBlues85
13-10-2015, 17:53
Cool - hopefully i'll see it pop up soon. Thanks.

Racer Pro
13-10-2015, 18:03
ok cool , the dlc now

notanuva
13-10-2015, 18:16
Patch is live it's a big one for me just over 4 GB.

Linx
13-10-2015, 18:35
Downloading now

Pirategenius
13-10-2015, 18:37
Same here. Big one at 4.1GB

notanuva
13-10-2015, 18:39
[QUOTE=Linx;1146870]Downloading now[/QUOTE

Edit post above confirms my question.

notanuva
13-10-2015, 18:42
Same here. Big one at 4.1GB

I wonder why it's that size when it was only just over 1gb on pc

Pirategenius
13-10-2015, 18:43
No idea? But won't be able to play it now till tomorrow as the misses wants to watch some piece of crap.

notanuva
13-10-2015, 18:46
I'm in the same boat mate misses got me watching the soaps :)

Blunt RS
13-10-2015, 18:48
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sCmouvcZ4lw
Sorry Guys
To check for update is it best to turn off console or just restart game

LigierJSP2
13-10-2015, 18:57
Thanks for all the continued hard work guys!

Liquid7394
13-10-2015, 18:57
Or you can just press 'options' on the Pcars tile and select 'check for update'.

Spitfire77
13-10-2015, 19:00
Will get it updated and try tonight or tomorrow morning.. I have been wondering but have not found a straight answer for this.

* Enforce fixed (default) setups – fixed cases where enabling this would still allow players to use custom setups. Enabled the player's custom controller settings to still be used when using fixed setups.

Does that mean custom FFB settings (master scale, Fy,Fx,Mz, SoP, etc) for the car will be passed through? or will they also be forced to the default?

Also - thanks for the patch notes

Blunt RS
13-10-2015, 19:02
Or you can just press 'options' on the Pcars tile and select 'check for update'.

Thankyou for the info but i just realized this is for PS4 not XB1. I don't think options update feature is XB1. But thankyou for the help.

ElectricBlues85
13-10-2015, 19:05
My download has got to 2.4 GB and then stopped. Hurry up already!

Elmo
13-10-2015, 19:11
Will get it updated and try tonight or tomorrow morning.. I have been wondering but have not found a straight answer for this.

Does that mean custom FFB settings (master scale, Fy,Fx,Mz, SoP, etc) for the car will be passed through? or will they also be forced to the default?

You can tweak all FFB settings and the steering ratio even when Fixed Setups are enabled.

Spitfire77
13-10-2015, 19:20
You can tweak all FFB settings and the steering ratio even when Fixed Setups are enabled.

Awesome thank you! :yes:

wicker man
13-10-2015, 19:52
Ruf CTR – changed to a more durable brake pad for track use and added an optional brake duct to help control temperatures at slow tracks

this makes me happy

nhraracer
13-10-2015, 19:52
No patch for me yet. Eastern time

erickgoldner
13-10-2015, 20:02

Does this option has the same behavior on PS4 and on PC ?

I´m asking because on PC you can't access the option to edit your setup when you entered the game (it's grayed out) , and the FFB settings and the steering ratio are inside this option.

SkyRex
13-10-2015, 20:04
Does the Community Ambassador Trophy unlock now? I'm listed with a viable time in over 22 events now...

sbtm
13-10-2015, 20:06
Downloading now in germany

Dafuq that's a huge update. 4.1 gigs. I guess there are many files for the upcoming DLC.. :cool:

Spitfire77
13-10-2015, 20:36
Does this option has the same behavior on PS4 and on PC ?

I´m asking because on PC you can't access the option to edit your setup when you entered the game (it's grayed out) , and the FFB settings and the steering ratio are inside this option.

Your statement reflects what others have said.. will have to test it myself to be sure. I believe what Elmo stated is the intended functionality though.

Elmo
13-10-2015, 20:42
Your statement reflects what others have said.. will have to test it myself to be sure. I believe what Elmo stated is the intended functionality though.

After having looked myself, it doesn't work the same way then it used to when I tested it. I'll investigate this tomorrow.

skells22
13-10-2015, 20:50
well, i download this patch when i get home from where i go to as i got no time to download it today

Schmiggz
13-10-2015, 20:51
What about, "This is my room and I want to be able to kick out any moron that is here with the only purpose of screwing everybody else's races"? Did they fixed that already?

Nomad06
13-10-2015, 21:00
....ahhh, and this is worth another 4+gb of hd space?? How many of us have OR?

sbtm
13-10-2015, 21:05
What about, "This is my room and I want to be able to kick out any moron that is here with the only purpose of screwing everybody else's races"? Did they fixed that already?

No but you should have a look here: http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?40511-Why-is-there-no-repercussion-for-rammers&p=1144015&viewfull=1#post1144015

mcgeeza
13-10-2015, 21:08
I'm afraid the sync to race option when random weather is selected is still broken for single race and multiplayer. As before it is always sunny for the entire race. :(

diesel97
13-10-2015, 21:12
....ahhh, and this is worth another 4+gb of hd space?? How many of us have OR?

You want updates ,patches, cars, tracks ,DLC , pits , weather , etc it all takes space

diesel97
13-10-2015, 21:14

You already have that its called "private"

Jan Studenski
13-10-2015, 21:18
After having looked myself, it doesn't work the same way then it used to when I tested it. I'll investigate this tomorrow.

There is also a problem with the pitstops when using "Force Default Setup"

The pitcrew only change tires when 1 of the tires has 0 rubber left on it

See here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8VnlVLLlcx8

Plz change it to: That when i drive into the pits, i always get all 4 tires changed - it makes more sense anyways. Some cars are pretty much undrivable with even 10% rubber left on the tire

hellZfirEJP
13-10-2015, 21:24
Great update. Lots of minor fixes... Guess that means the game is pretty complete. Certainly feels that way.

The replays need a lot of work still. Replays are huge aspects on a racing game.

Apart from that, everything looks pretty good.

FS7
13-10-2015, 21:53
Downloads on PS4 suck horribly, it has been almost 2hrs and it only downloaded 1.3GB out of 4.2GB. Sony needs to fix their servers asap.

andycass
13-10-2015, 21:58
yet again just like the last patch a few minor fixes but you still manage to avoid fixing the real game breaking bugs. But at least now you can justify shoving some more DLC through the door.

Fragobar
13-10-2015, 22:02
Any fix for the Ruf CTR3-GT Velocity 1H event against LYKAN and getting an !!Invalidname!! at the end of the race and that the level is way too hard even if it's on easy mode (set to 0) ?

EvilEd71
13-10-2015, 22:05
Think I found a bug already I had drive through penalty and when I came up it the other side of the pit it had changed my tyres and pressures ...also the garage seems locked on the TT ?',

FMS
13-10-2015, 22:08
Downloads on PS4 suck horribly, it has been almost 2hrs and it only downloaded 1.3GB out of 4.2GB. Sony needs to fix their servers asap.

When it's slow, I cancel the download by deleting it and start again. Usually it's quicker on the second attempt.

andycass
13-10-2015, 22:10
When it's slow, I cancel the download by deleting it and start again. Usually it's quicker on the second attempt.
Normally hitting pause and restart makes it faster or downloading while in rest mode.

FS7
13-10-2015, 22:12
It got stuck at 1.3GB and it says 42hrs remaining. If I delete and start over it will probably take a few hundred tries until it starts again, then another few hundred tries to keep the thing going every time the download stops. It has been this bs since when I got my PS4 in May.

FMS
13-10-2015, 22:17
It got stuck at 1.3GB and it says 42hrs remaining. If I delete and start over it will probably take a few hundred tries until it starts again, then another few hundred tries to keep the thing going every time the download stops. It has been this bs since when I got my PS4 in May.

Eeek. Well, I wish you luck, chap. It can be very annoying, I know.

Jweaver
13-10-2015, 22:18
Still getting full lobbies where there is clearly a game running but there is 0 seconds before the game starts.... Why does it let you join them,when the race is clearly already underway. Annoying, especially as many of these are interesting, obscure and rare events which dont come up often.

andycass
13-10-2015, 22:18

never had that problem . like i said try downloading while in rest mode it seems alot faster.

Spitfire77
13-10-2015, 22:21

Thank you for checking... hopefully it will work the way it did when you tested it in the next patch.

Mr.Smoke
13-10-2015, 22:41
Attempting to download the patch. The first little bit went fast & said 30 minutes remaining. It then slowed to a snails pace very abruptly & now says 7 hours left. First time ive ever had an issue like this with a patch. Rest mode it is & check later. Hopefully its done by the time im ready to race!!

Mr.Smoke
13-10-2015, 23:10
Just a follow-up here. Rest mode kicked the shit out of downloading the patch!! Just finished.

JGR
14-10-2015, 00:05
Hi all,

Project CARS – PS4 Patch 5.0 – Release notes

* Mojave layouts – fixed an issue where, if the host were disqualified, it would force end-of-race for everyone.
* Fixed an issue with tyre choices being ignored during pit stops.

Physics & AI
* Improved AI behaviour in pit lanes to further reduce cars hitting the pit walls when driving out of the garages.
* Fixed an issue where cars under AI control would struggle to drive correctly on tracks with high banking.
* Fixed an issue where some car parts that were dislodged during a collision would not be removed when the track is cleared.

Career
* Fixed an issue where the maximum amount of contract and invitation emails could be exceeded with DLC installed, resulting in the player not being notified of newly unlocked contract offers and invitational events.

Controls
* Logitech G29 – updated default controller map sets for the layouts to be consistent between wheels and across platforms.
* Removed default assignments for wipers and lights, as this was disabling the wipers/lights turning on automatically when it started raining or got dark.

Tracks
* Nürburgring GP, Sprint, Sprint Short – fixed an issue that caused issues for cars pitting in the first pit spot.
* Nordschleife – fixed an issue that caused cars to get stuck against the pit wall when driving in the pit lane.
* Nürburgring Sprint Short – fixed a cut track issue at the NGK Chicane.
* Barcelona GP – fixed cut track issue when entering the pit lane.
* Watkins Glen – improved overall track performance to address frame rate drops in certain areas.

Vehicles
* Aston Martin Vantage GTE – tweaked cockpit exposure to work better with rainy conditions.
* Aston Martin DBR 1-2 – set the car up so that the steering wheel remains in a static state when the user chooses the ‘hide wheel’ option, so that the user can still read the vital info displayed on the wheel.
* Aston Martin DBR1 1959 – fixed an issue where the wrong helmet was displayed when using Helmet View, tweaked inertia and roll stiffness to improve collision behaviour.
* Audi 90 IMSA GTO, Audi R8 V10 plus, Ruf Rt 12R – fixed an issue where the KERS bar would appear on the HUD of these cars, even though they don’t have KERS.
* BMW 320 Turbo – fixed an issue where the car would start 'wandering' in straight lines after a few laps.
* Bentley Continental GT3 – updated engine and minimum ride height to match latest; mapped real world balance of performance; updated gearbox ratios to current FIA specifications, putting it more in line with the other GT3 cars.
* Ford Mustang GT – improve braking power to better match the car's weight.
* Ginetta G40 – partial fix for front tires overheating if pressure goes over 1.8bar.
* Historic Lotus Formula cars – improved the Helmet View exposure settings
* Lotus 98T – fixed an issue with missing bodywork in the cockpit
* Mercedes C Class DTM – adjusted steering wheel shift lights to better match the engine's power band.
* Ruf CTR – changed to a more durable brake pad for track use and added an optional brake duct to help control temperatures at slow tracks.
* Mitsubishi Evo-X – improved engine sound quality.

GUI & HUD
* Display correct message when trying to toggle assists when assists are disabled.
* Changed the displayed values for Lateral and Longitudinal weight bias, to make it more intuitive.
* Fixed an issue with bad Text spacing on the Telemetry screen.
* Fixed various issues with the HUD gearshift indicator during replays.
* Fixed an issue where making real time changes to the stability control would display incorrect information.
* Fixed an issue where the in-game Standings screen ‘Lap time’ was cleared too soon.

General
* Fixed an issue where the ‘Sync to Race’ option was unavailable when configuring Weather Progression.
* Fixed an issue where the Best Driving Line assist appeared in the rear view mirrors.
* Localisation – added ‘United Arab Emirates’ used by Lykan to non-English language sets.
* Fixed an issue with Quick Race Weekend, where running Qualifying and Race without a Practice session would cause the Qualifying session rules to not work correctly.
* Fixed a case where the ‘One more for the road’ achievement would not unlock correctly.
* Fixed an issue where the player could still toggle driving assists on via buttons, even when driving assists was disabled.
* Fixed an issue where the external driving camera would clip through the track on steep banking.
* Fixed an issue with random cloud ‘popping’ in and out of view.
* Fixed an issue with clouds disappearing when using time acceleration.
* Fixed a render timing issue that would at times cause a black screen when the processor is under heavy load.
* Fixed an issue that caused the player’s view to switch from helmet camera to cockpit camera during pit stops.
* Resolved more retail crashes.

Has the issue been fixed on the RUF CTR3 GT VELOCITY 1H, car not being able to stay up with the rest of the pack? I really don't think we're really worried about the clouds not showing up. " just sayin'"..

BigAlex
14-10-2015, 01:15
Great news guys.

Just one thing will we ever get correct track drying times when using real time and 100% race distance in career mode. It's a bit wrong having a track go from flooded to bone dry in 1/2 a lap.

I need to see I dry line so bad.

SUBGTRACER
14-10-2015, 01:25
I need to see I dry line so bad.

Each to there own Bigalex .......... Some people would like things that you don't find important , each to there own.

hitmanvega
14-10-2015, 03:34
Download done...:D. What does "Retail crash" mean.....??:confused:

gotdirt410sprintcar
14-10-2015, 05:25
Kick him or her next patch I hope, looks good anyway thanks

Scuderia Paul
14-10-2015, 06:05
Another nice update. Keep them coming. Now that the fixes are becoming more minor I would like to see an update to Photo Mode which, without wanting to offend anyone, is borderline useless without a free camera and some photos still save with a bar of distortion at the top. It's a beautiful game and it would be great to properly capture some of the magic moments.

Also, please add the ability for us to save our preferred liveries and stop resetting to Random. It is beyond comprehension how this is deemed a good idea..

PCars is the best racing title I've ever had the pleasure of playing but that final layer of polish is missing and that can be very frustrating.

Keep up the good work SMS.

Bealdor
14-10-2015, 06:12
Download done...:D. What does "Retail crash" mean.....??:confused:

Crashes on retail (public) consoles.

Elmo
14-10-2015, 06:13

Got clarification how it works:

FFB settings is as designed right now, we load your current FFB settings and add them into the default settings.

SUBGTRACER
14-10-2015, 06:51
Got clarification how it works:

whats that mean ?

Elmo
14-10-2015, 06:59
It means that you can't access the car-specific FFB setup in a Online Lobby or Session with forced Default Setup. But regardless it still loads your car-specific FFB settings.

T-J-M--14
14-10-2015, 07:15
After the Patch 5.0 it is not possible to drive a car with the Thrustmaster T150 Wheel.
The Car crashes immediately if you go out of the box in the walls and the wheel ist extremly baggy. . . is it really no possible to drive with this wheel !!!

i buy the wheel 2 days ago. . .!!!

Bealdor
14-10-2015, 07:24
After the Patch 5.0 it is not possible to drive a car with the Thrustmaster T150 Wheel.
The Car crashes immediately if you go out of the box in the walls and the wheel ist extremly baggy. . . is it really no possible to drive with this wheel !!!

i buy the wheel 2 days ago. . .!!!

Have you tried to reset your controls and reconfigure them again?

hitmanvega
14-10-2015, 07:25
Crashes on retail (public) consoles.

As in no more crash to ps4 menu screen...?

SUBGTRACER
14-10-2015, 07:26
Your first wheel , your first post , I think your setting need work bud .... And you need help from the people on this forum who are familiar with that wheel.

T-J-M--14
14-10-2015, 07:33
no not my first wheel. . .
ya i tried out much things, much Settings,
start twice the ps4, set off the wheel, then set it on to the ps4. . .but nothing would be better. . .

Elmo
14-10-2015, 07:35
We don't have specific profile for the T150 yet.

Choose the T300 preset meanwhile that should work ok.

Bealdor
14-10-2015, 07:36
As in no more crash to ps4 menu screen...?

More like "hopefully much less crashes to ps4 menu screen". Any feedback regarding this issue is welcome.

Mascot
14-10-2015, 07:46

This is on a 40meg connection after 90 minutes. Constant pausing/unpausing eventually got it finished, but we really shouldn't have to monitor our downloads.

T-J-M--14
14-10-2015, 07:50
We don't have specific profile for the T150 yet.

Choose the T300 preset meanwhile that should work ok.

Ya, i choose it before the patch 5.0 it really works great, but after the patch not.!

hitmanvega
14-10-2015, 07:52
Lets hope. Have been sending reports every time it crashes. Seems pretty random to me.
More like "hopefully much less crashes to ps4 menu screen". Any feedback regarding this issue is welcome.

Bealdor
14-10-2015, 08:01
Lets hope. Have been sending reports every time it crashes. Seems pretty random to me.

That's why they're so hard to fix. Please post your feedback/observations regarding post patch 5.0 stability here: http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?37281-PS4-Crash-to-Home-Screen-After-Patch-3-0&p=1147375&viewfull=1#post1147375

jonojeffs1983
14-10-2015, 08:26
Hi all,

So, am I right in thinking there is STILL no fix for the Community Ambassador trophy glitch???

Mascot
14-10-2015, 09:23
Have you tried pausing and resuming the download? That always speeds things up.

Did you read what you quoted..? :)

Figuur84
14-10-2015, 09:45
Great seeing another update! Nice work, thnx sms!

An update of 4.164 GB, makes me wonder wich suprise sms has got for us, I just cannot believe this is only the patch in the notes and some cars. Looking forward for the next content, i'm excited!

pioneer1985
14-10-2015, 09:54
Have you tried pausing and resuming the download? That always speeds things up.

There's always one :rolleyes: :D:D

Fong74
14-10-2015, 09:56
Tested the patch last night for about 2h, no issues except one loss of FFB right at the beginning. Re-starting my wheel solved it as almost always. I can easily live with that until it gets fixed. As far as I know, the devs are already on this, so all good with me.

Nice to have the correct text strings displayed now while driving and changing brake balance, assists etc

I also like the centering of the wheel when the game is paused. It was annoying to have that being done only while driving out of the pitlane especially after crashes...

Im nosy why the PS4 version is almost 4 times the size of the PC patch? This cant be the DLC data only then, right?

Thanks a lot for the efforts SMS! Much appreciated! Very nice patch and steps forward. Again.

Invincible
14-10-2015, 10:00
I think many many files will be replaced with this patch to improve overall stability. Also, some files are packed into huge archives. Even when you change only 1 kb of code in such an archive, you still have to replace the full xxx mb archive.

FMS
14-10-2015, 10:02
Normally hitting pause and restart makes it faster or downloading while in rest mode.

No doubt, it is my paranoia, but I don't really like to pause and resume - I feel that something could get corrupted. Also, in the past, whilst downloading in rest mode, occaisionally the thing has just stopped altogether without me knowing.

Anyway, this is why I now just delete the download and start again when it's slow. Stuff doesn't take long at all when it's cooking. :)

Fong74
14-10-2015, 10:31
I think many many files will be replaced with this patch to improve overall stability. Also, some files are packed into huge archives. Even when you change only 1 kb of code in such an archive, you still have to replace the full xxx mb archive.

Im familiar with those processes, so I was assuming the same. A confirmation from the devs would be nice though.....and/or some hint towards the upcoming DLC even nicer ;)

The savegame size has risen from about 10mb to 30mb btw.... Preparation for several setups slots per track maybe? :rolleyes:

Sankyo
14-10-2015, 10:35
So, am I right in thinking there is STILL no fix for the Community Ambassador trophy glitch???
I think you're wrong.

Cholton82
14-10-2015, 10:57
Great patch and thanks for the continued hard work , now any chance of sorting the flags and adding a mid race save for endurance ?

Goruk
14-10-2015, 11:36
Hi there guys.

When I adjust my rear ARB while driving i allways get the text "INCREASE REAR ARB" even if i´ve decrease it, is anyone having this ?

Azure Flare
14-10-2015, 11:38
I just cannot believe this is only the patch in the notes and some cars. Looking forward for the next content, i'm excited!

Check out this post (http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?38467-Upcoming-DLC-Tease-from-SMS-and-Speculation-(Spoilers)&p=1147235&viewfull=1#post1147235) for a little taster.

jonojeffs1983
14-10-2015, 12:45
I think you're wrong.

Really? How so...? I don't see it in the release notes, unless it's recorded as something else?!

People are still reporting trophy 'no-shows' using 5.0

Sankyo
14-10-2015, 13:20
Really? How so...? I don't see it in the release notes, unless it's recorded as something else?!

People are still reporting trophy 'no-shows' using 5.0
But there are others reporting that they did get the trophy finally.

FLX81
14-10-2015, 13:35

As if that is any indication of it being fixed. :rolleyes: There are people who still dont get the trophy after around 30 times set (goal to unlock it is 20), I ve got lucky and unlocked it after setting 18 times, its totally börked and apparently random if and when you will get this trophy. Same with pentapodia. Goal is 50 online podium finishes, I m at 59 now, no trophy. Worst report I ve seen is 72 and still no trophy. If I ll be lucky and the trophy will unlock after my next podium finish (#60), does that mean that the trophy is fixed?

Sankyo
14-10-2015, 13:43
As if that is any indication of it being fixed. :rolleyes: There are people who still dont get the trophy after around 30 times set (goal to unlock it is 20), I ve got lucky and unlocked it after setting 18 times, its totally börked and apparently random if and when you will get this trophy. Same with pentapodia. Goal is 50 online podium finishes, I m at 59 now, no trophy. Worst report I ve seen is 72 and still no trophy.
Could be a different issue :)
However, I managed to inquire about this one and they're still working on it, with potentially a fix in the next patch. So I was wrong in assuming that it was fixed :)

Sankyo
14-10-2015, 13:45
As if that is any indication of it being fixed. :rolleyes: There are people who still dont get the trophy after around 30 times set (goal to unlock it is 20), I ve got lucky and unlocked it after setting 18 times, its totally börked and apparently random if and when you will get this trophy. Same with pentapodia. Goal is 50 online podium finishes, I m at 59 now, no trophy. Worst report I ve seen is 72 and still no trophy. If I ll be lucky and the trophy will unlock after my next podium finish (#60), does that mean that the trophy is fixed?
Regarding the pentipodia trophy, are you 100% sure all those races were in public servers/lobbies?

FS7
14-10-2015, 13:46
never had that problem . like i said try downloading while in rest mode it seems alot faster.
I started the download over in rest mode, took 5hrs to download the patch. Sony needs to do some serious improvement on their servers, 5hrs to download a 4.2GB patch is simply ridiculous.
It's just downloads on PS4 that are terrible, Youtube videos play fine on PS4, all my other devices work fine (laptop, smartphone, smart TV, PS3, Xbox360), so it must be a problem with Sony's PS4 servers.

Regarding the community ambassador trophy, I got that one last month iirc, it's odd that some people are still having trouble with that trophy.

FLX81
14-10-2015, 13:50
Regarding the pentipodia trophy, are you 100% sure all those races were in public servers/lobbies?

Yes. I already subtracted the podium finishes I got in private lobbies.

GForce
14-10-2015, 13:52
Thanks for the patch guys! hopefully Sony can speedup their servers a little :-)

Cu
GForce

M-Bimmer
14-10-2015, 13:55
Can not wait to play this weekend.
Seems like it is a good time to buy the DLCs :tongue-new: (RUF RGT-8 is the only car i use until now :p) it is time to show some love for the others

Tom Curtis
14-10-2015, 13:58
Yes. I already subtracted the podium finishes I got in private lobbies.

I've unlocked this one about 8 times during testing, and it's always worked just fine for me. The requirements are "Finished on the podium more than 50 times in an Online Public race" (code says when there's at least 1 opponent).

I will look into it some more in a bit and see if anything has affected it.

ahmedo
14-10-2015, 14:07
I'm using t300rs on ps4 and I tuned all the cars according to Jack Spade's car setups before patch 5.0. Should I make any adjustments after this path? Do I need to tune all the cars again? Are the car setups automatically reset with 5.0.? People say default settings are o.k for t300rs after this patch. Then, should I reset all the car tunes to default?

jonojeffs1983
14-10-2015, 14:09

In that case, I think you misunderstand the term 'fix', as what you're actually saying is that "We've increased the completely random chance of this trophy popping! You know guys, ignore the 20 events thing, as our simple counter function doesn't work. You are now more likely to trigger this trophy than ever before, regardless of events entered."

chig88
14-10-2015, 14:11

I'm pretty sure performing pentipodia in public would result in a criminal record wouldn't it?

:p

SUBGTRACER
14-10-2015, 14:20
Patch seems good guys thank you sms

Konan
14-10-2015, 14:41
Is there a chance that with this patch the AI now pit when having damage?
Someone in the AI discussion thread said they do...
I won't be able to play for a while so hence the question...
Any confirmation would be welcome...

sirsilver1968
14-10-2015, 14:48
Love the update and the sound of that evo is superb, game sure seems more smoother during races, keep up the stellar work chaps :victorious:

FMS
14-10-2015, 15:16
I started the download over in rest mode, took 5hrs to download the patch. Sony needs to do some serious improvement on their servers, 5hrs to download a 4.2GB patch is simply ridiculous.
It's just downloads on PS4 that are terrible, Youtube videos play fine on PS4, all my other devices work fine (laptop, smartphone, smart TV, PS3, Xbox360), so it must be a problem with Sony's PS4 servers.

Yeah, the problem, ultimately, is definitely something to do with Sony's PS4 servers, I reckon.

Ken f
14-10-2015, 15:23
Lucky me. The lovely noticed right off how intense the engine exhaust notes were. Annoying to others, a total kick in the old back side for me. Unlike Gran Turismo, the stock cars don't sound like flatulating model airplanes. Knowing this I purchased the Sony Silver Series USB headphones. Combine that with an unused HDMI computer monitor laying around and I'm off in my own world.
Downloading right now. I hope the patch does the trick.

Cholton82
14-10-2015, 15:27
Took 14 minutes to download on my ps4 !

Invincible
14-10-2015, 15:34
Is there a chance that with this patch the AI now pit when having damage?
Someone in the AI discussion thread said they do...
I won't be able to play for a while so hence the question...
Any confirmation would be welcome...

No, that's something for the next one. At the time Ian said they'll look into this matter, the patch was probably already submitted.

andycass
14-10-2015, 15:48
Took 14 minutes to download on my ps4 !
Same for me mate around 15 mins

Roger Prynne
14-10-2015, 16:02
I'm using t300rs on ps4 and I tuned all the cars according to Jack Spade's car setups before patch 5.0. Should I make any adjustments after this path? Do I need to tune all the cars again? Are the car setups automatically reset with 5.0.? People say default settings are o.k for t300rs after this patch. Then, should I reset all the car tunes to default?

No need for any adjustments mate.

Konan
14-10-2015, 16:14
No, that's something for the next one. At the time Ian said they'll look into this matter, the patch was probably already submitted.

Yes i know...it was my post he answered...but since someone stated they did pit and more than once,i thought it came with this patch...must have been a coincidence then?
Anyway thank you for clearing it up...

Spitfire77
14-10-2015, 17:27
It means that you can't access the car-specific FFB setup in a Online Lobby or Session with forced Default Setup. But regardless it still loads your car-specific FFB settings.

Oh - well that should work fine for now :D I didn't play this morning to try. Will have time this weekend.

Sounds like we will be able to do basic spec races but not using pit stops with tire wear (others stated it wont change the tires until they are at 0 tread) and we can't name the rooms yet so can't to display the room as forced defaults or spec racing.

Still overall sounds like it is a good step in the right direction for those of us looking for this type of racing.

phinn
14-10-2015, 18:04
It's just downloads on PS4 that are terrible

It's an issue you're having. Investigate settings, such as with your router the correct ports for PS4 are forwarded, UPNP is on, or try setting the PS4 IP address to the DMZ and see if that improves. It seems to work best wit ha certain NAT (type 2 i think).

Bottom line is this patch downloaded for me in 15-20 minutes. PSN is very fast in general.

FLX81
14-10-2015, 18:05
I've unlocked this one about 8 times during testing, and it's always worked just fine for me. The requirements are "Finished on the podium more than 50 times in an Online Public race" (code says when there's at least 1 opponent).

I will look into it some more in a bit and see if anything has affected it.

Good news: The trophy popped for me at 61 podiums.

Even more good news: The game didnt crash on me in the 2 hours with patch 5 so far, even though I deliberately let it idle in the main menu for half an hour, which normally was followed by a crash in the next race.

Konan
14-10-2015, 18:06
It's an issue you're having. Investigate settings, such as with your router the correct ports for PS4 are forwarded, UPNP is on, or try setting the PS4 IP address to the DMZ and see if that improves. It seems to work best wit ha certain NAT (type 2 i think).

Bottom line is this patch downloaded for me in 15-20 minutes. PSN is very fast in general.

Dito...15-20 minutes

FS7
14-10-2015, 18:27

I do connection tests pretty much every time I download something on my PS4, it always says everything is working fine but I still have issues with downloads on PS4. I use a wired connection on my PS4, connect the PS4 directly to the modem, default settings. Every other device in my house works fine (laptop, smartphone, smart tv, PS3, Xbox360), I can download content in any of those devices without any problems using either wired or wi-fi connection with default settings, so it's not a problem with my connection, it's a problem with PS4 servers.

J4M35_R
14-10-2015, 18:59
A big thanks for sorting the lag on Watkins Glen, it's all smooth for me know.

The only downside for me is the addition of the static steering wheel on the new Aston DBR 1. Please give us the option to remove static steering wheels in the next update, I enjoyed the car more without it.

Again many thanks for the continued support. :victorious:

Spitfire77
14-10-2015, 19:20
I do connection tests pretty much every time I download something on my PS4, it always says everything is working fine but I still have issues with downloads on PS4. I use a wired connection on my PS4, connect the PS4 directly to the modem, default settings. Every other device in my house works fine (laptop, smartphone, smart tv, PS3, Xbox360), I can download content in any of those devices without any problems using either wired or wi-fi connection with default settings, so it's not a problem with my connection, it's a problem with PS4 servers.

Where are you generally located? because where I am in southern california the PSN download speed is faster than my internet speed. My internet speed is capped at 30mb/s down and that is what I get from the psn downloads.

When you run the internet connection test on the PS4 what does it say your speed is and your NAT type?

Mahjik
14-10-2015, 19:24
The only downside for me is the addition of the static steering wheel on the new Aston DBR 1. Please give us the option to remove static steering wheels in the next update, I enjoyed the car more without it.

The car has data on the steering wheel therefore it will always be visible (as with other cars that also have data on the wheel). I doubt we'll see this design decision change for pCARS1.

Bealdor
14-10-2015, 19:24
A big thanks for sorting the lag on Watkins Glen, it's all smooth for me know.

Again many thanks for the continued support. :victorious:

The wheel is shown because it has important information for the driver.

Edit: Ninja'd

TheBigMan045
14-10-2015, 19:46
I'm putting it here because I haven't seen it being mentioned, but was running in the LMP1 championship last night when I noticed something strange...a new car a Toyota T030 hybrid...I'll get a screenshot when I get home

FS7
14-10-2015, 19:54
Where are you generally located? because where I am in southern california the PSN download speed is faster than my internet speed. My internet speed is capped at 30mb/s down and that is what I get from the psn downloads.

When you run the internet connection test on the PS4 what does it say your speed is and your NAT type?
I'm in Brazil, 12Mbps download speed, nat 2.
The problem I've been having since I got my PS4 back in May isn't just speed, it's downloads failing to start and/or being interrupted (error nw-31205-1 iirc).

I'm putting it here because I haven't seen it being mentioned, but was running in the LMP1 championship last night when I noticed something strange...a new car a Toyota T030 hybrid...I'll get a screenshot when I get home
Toyota TS040 LMP1 is part of the upcoming car pack DLC.

J4M35_R
14-10-2015, 20:01
The car has data on the steering wheel therefore it will always be visible (as with other cars that also have data on the wheel). I doubt we'll see this design decision change for pCARS1.

I know why they have the wheel there, I just preferred driving the car without the wheel. Why can't it be down to me to decide if I want it or not?

I'm no expert but it can't be hard to add the option in game.

SUBGTRACER
14-10-2015, 21:02
Patch seems nice guys had a play with it last night ..........

Love the text that pops up when adjusting bias and so on , very nice.....
The game seems smoother if not more fps ? not sure on this one just seems to run a lot better then previously , looking forward to getting back into Pcars again.

Well done with the continued updates , Oh wheel feels much lighter now ? again could be just me .

ImStylinOnYaBro
14-10-2015, 22:05
no fix for the bugged online torphy. shit up date, as per usual.

SUBGTRACER
14-10-2015, 22:07

Is that your only complaint or is there more problems with the patch ?

I'm confused now , I can understand people being pissed off with the game for pits not working or weather not correct but a Trophy I don't get ...............I guess it isn't really my thing to understand that a trophy adds nothing to gameplay , graphics , force feedback , sound and or anything else ....

I really just don't get it ...... sorry.

Fragobar
14-10-2015, 22:22
Has the issue been fixed on the RUF CTR3 GT VELOCITY 1H, car not being able to stay up with the rest of the pack? I really don't think we're really worried about the clouds not showing up. " just sayin'"..

tried yesterday and still the same issue

Fragobar
14-10-2015, 22:25
people i am part of like having trophies, and are pissed off when they are not rewarded as expected...
i won't fight for a trophy, but if i earn it, i want it to be listed so i can move to another one :)

Spitfire77
14-10-2015, 23:47
The problem I've been having since I got my PS4 back in May isn't just speed, it's downloads failing to start and/or being interrupted (error nw-31205-1 iirc).

Bummer.. you said you are on ethernet cable directly connected to your router ? (if not try that first but I am betting you have)

Another shot in the dark... try setting your MTU down lower like 1473 i think was the magic number for a different issue but count not hurt to try - maybe even as low a 1430.

Edit - another thing to try would be changing your DNS settings to google DNS or openDNS on your router.. or on your Ps4 directly. Copied these instructions for ps4 changing to google dns. - I personally always use different DNS directly on my router. It seems to always work better than the one my ISP provides.

Settings>> network>> set up internet connection >> (choose wi-fi or lan) >> custom >> (choose automatic for all options, except DNS. For this one you choose custom and set primary DNS at 8.8.8.8 and secondary DNS at 8.8.4.4.). After, restart ps4.

Knightfall
15-10-2015, 03:03
I just tried out Watkins Glen GP in a Formula A car, and man-o-man are the performance upgrades noticeable. Nice job again guys!

Photonmonkey
15-10-2015, 07:09
^
Noticed this straight away much smoother now, also noticed that my bugbear with night time clouds seems to be better as well, less obvious cloud banding, don't know if this is just me wishful thinking but does seem better, almost like the auto exposure is working more as it should, can actually race at night now when my room is dark. Thanks for the continued support SMS it is much appreciated by the majority of us I am sure.

Mascot
15-10-2015, 07:54
^
Noticed this straight away much smoother now, also noticed that my bugbear with night time clouds seems to be better as well, less obvious cloud banding, don't know if this is just me wishful thinking but does seem better, almost like the auto exposure is working more as it should, can actually race at night now when my room is dark. Thanks for the continued support SMS it is much appreciated by the majority of us I am sure.

Ooh - interesting. It'd be great if this was fixed.

M-Bimmer
15-10-2015, 08:08

Edit - another thing to try would be changing your DNS settings to google DNS or openDNS on your router.. or on your Ps4 directly. Copied these instructions for ps4 changing to google dns. - I personally always use different DNS directly on my router. It seems to always work better than the one my ISP provides.

Settings>> network>> set up internet connection >> (choose wi-fi or lan) >> custom >> (choose automatic for all options, except DNS. For this one you choose custom and set primary DNS at 8.8.8.8 and secondary DNS at 8.8.4.4.). After, restart ps4.

+1 on changing the dns on the ps. Huge difference noticed on ps3, vita slim and ps4.

Try google dns
primary DNS at 8.8.8.8 and secondary DNS at 8.8.4.4.
OR
OpenDNS Address - Primary: 208.67.222.222 Secondary: 208.67.220.220

http://www.shortpause.com/blog/2014/6/4/a-short-pause-remedy-for-slow-download-speeds-on-playstation-consoles

jonojeffs1983
15-10-2015, 08:53
Is that your only complaint or is there more problems with the patch ?

I'm confused now , I can understand people being pissed off with the game for pits not working or weather not correct but a Trophy I don't get ...............I guess it isn't really my thing to understand that a trophy adds nothing to gameplay , graphics , force feedback , sound and or anything else ....

I really just don't get it ...... sorry.

Because some of us finished this game months ago, and have been having to login once a week to try and get the last trophy, which is bugged as hell.

Understand it may not be your 'thing', but there have been hundreds, possibly thousands, of complaints about this for a very long time and the Devs are doing nothing obvious about it. Some guy yesterday claimed this to have been 'fixed' because(and I quote) "People are also reporting that they have now received the trophy".

Here's a free fix, just needs converting into the correct syntax:
CommunityEvent()
If CommunityEventEntered = Y, and ValidLap = Y
Then
CommunityEventsEntered +1
CommunityAmbassador()
Else
CommunityEventsEntered

CommunityAmbassador()
If CommunityEventsEntered >19
Then
CATrophyAwarded = Y
Else

And some free advice....don't even bother with PC2...

FMS
15-10-2015, 08:57
Bummer.. you said you are on ethernet cable directly connected to your router ? (if not try that first but I am betting you have)

Another shot in the dark... try setting your MTU down lower like 1473 i think was the magic number for a different issue but count not hurt to try - maybe even as low a 1430.

It'll be interesting to see if this fixes FS7's problem. I have it in my head that the PS4 servers simply don't serve everyone equally, that, for some, they are inconsistent and up-and-down. Fingers crossed.

Sankyo
15-10-2015, 09:01
... Some guy yesterday claimed this to have been 'fixed' because(and I quote) "People are also reporting that they have now received the trophy".
Please do the effort of reading all of that conversation before quoting, because later on I admitted I was wrong about assuming that it had been fixed already.

And that's based on what exactly?

N0body Of The Goat
15-10-2015, 09:02

This update didn't fix my broken vacuum cleaner either.:teapot:

Why is that every patch release thread gets turned into a new feature request/moan, and/or issue "x" was not fixed?

These threads, by and large, should simply report issues if a fix listed in the patch notes appears not to work.:smiley_simmons:

RomKnight
15-10-2015, 09:04
http://www.tp-link.us/FAQ-190.html

Obviously you'll hate to test with a laptop or something because you really don't want fragmentation.

M-Bimmer
15-10-2015, 09:04
I have it in my head that the PS4 servers simply don't serve everyone equally, that, for some, they are inconsistent and up-and-down. Fingers crossed.

You will notice a difference (a good one). See my post #132 if you want to try the open dns if google dns is no go for you.
Cheers

Fong74
15-10-2015, 09:10
I second SUBGTRACER's opinion. I never understood why ppl are playing something to get trophies or achievments as they are called on XBox. Maybe its because I grew up playing games on the Atari2600, C64 etc etc. We played out of pleasure, out of compassion for video games. Today its the immersion created by games that drives me. But hey, everyone has his own taste and reasons for playing games, I clearly accept that....

What I really dont get is how a simulator like pCars can be declared as "finished" when it comes to playing it? This the kind of game that can be played almost infinitely imo. When one is playing it for other reasons than trophies.

Dont get me wrong. If something is buggy, it should be fixed. No dissent here. But if I had to prioritize, I would put the trophys/achievements quite far down the list, too, just to make ppl happy that dont "finish" the game in near future.

jonojeffs1983
15-10-2015, 11:13
Please do the effort of reading all of that conversation before quoting, because later on I admitted I was wrong about assuming that it had been fixed already.

And that's based on what exactly?

Apologies, I did miss that post of yours, so thanks for clarifying.
However, as I also work in a development environment, it is never acceptable to "assume" that an issue has been fixed, especially with the number of reports you must have now received.
This is based on my experience of PC1, a game which I thoroughly enjoyed for the first few months, aside from a few annoying glitches, which were jumped on relatively quickly(Le Mans 24 hour trophy/Pit-Stop space-launch x3) I appreciate that all games have bugs, and that all of these are prioritised and addressed in an ordered ladder. But the the whole CA Trophy issue has left a sour taste, as this should be a simple fix in my opinion. Then to have things like "* Mitsubishi Evo-X – improved engine sound quality." patched before issues that many others are facing, makes me question your logic as a development studio. Did anyone actually report the Evo sound needed work, as it certainly wouldn't be high on the list for me personally? This is an incredibly minor non-functional fix, whereas trophies popping is a key functional requirement of the game.
The whole thing has left me frustrated and tired of the game, as I have no other reason to even boot it up, other than to gain this final trophy.

Sankyo
15-10-2015, 11:55
Apologies, I did miss that post of yours, so thanks for clarifying.
However, as I also work in a development environment, it is never acceptable to "assume" that an issue has been fixed, especially with the number of reports you must have now received.
Actually I wasn't assuming, just remembering wrongly whether it was fixed. Wrong wording from me :)

This is based on my experience of PC1, a game which I thoroughly enjoyed for the first few months, aside from a few annoying glitches, which were jumped on relatively quickly(Le Mans 24 hour trophy/Pit-Stop space-launch x3) I appreciate that all games have bugs, and that all of these are prioritised and addressed in an ordered ladder. But the the whole CA Trophy issue has left a sour taste, as this should be a simple fix in my opinion. Then to have things like "* Mitsubishi Evo-X – improved engine sound quality." patched before issues that many others are facing, makes me question your logic as a development studio. Did anyone actually report the Evo sound needed work, as it certainly wouldn't be high on the list for me personally? This is an incredibly minor non-functional fix, whereas trophies popping is a key functional requirement of the game.
Sound devs don't fix gameplay/trophy collection code. Every dev will work on his field of expertise, and do what's needed there. Hence, minor bugs from a gameplay point of view may get fixed before larger gameplay bugs, simply because of workload and prioritization for each specialist dev.

Azure Flare
15-10-2015, 12:04

I believe in SMS, so I do.

inthebagbud
15-10-2015, 12:25
Some PS4 users are saying the FFB is lighter with this update, has there been any changes to the FFB or physics model that is not noted in the release notes ?

ahmedo
15-10-2015, 13:00
No need for any adjustments mate.
Thanks man!

Fong74
15-10-2015, 13:01
Some PS4 users are saying the FFB is lighter with this update, has there been any changes to the FFB or physics model that is not noted in the release notes ?

I honestly did not notice that and FFB is one of my favourite things to cope with in pCars. I have to say that I did nor re-set anything. Just let the PS4 apply the update and played it afterwards. No change in FFB imo...

Cholton82
15-10-2015, 13:33
No change in ffb here , same as above I just downloaded and played . T300 user

VR-42
15-10-2015, 15:17
Racing in the clio last night when I wanted to adjust the brake balance I got the message that its not available. Is this a new feature of a new bug?

Umer Ahmad
15-10-2015, 15:21
Was it a forced default setup race?

Liquid7394
15-10-2015, 16:10
Someone on my friends list was complaining about FFB being weird. I haven't noticed a difference though. Are you running the latest firmware for your wheel?

inthebagbud
15-10-2015, 16:54
Someone on my friends list was complaining about FFB being weird. I haven't noticed a difference though. Are you running the latest firmware for your wheel?

just checking to see if it was an issue to be aware of in xbox land when we get the patch......didn't want to start with all that FFB business again

I honestly did not notice that and FFB is one of my favourite things to cope with in pCars. I have to say that I did nor re-set anything. Just let the PS4 apply the update and played it afterwards. No change in FFB imo...

That's good to here

Fre.Mo
15-10-2015, 17:14

I reset the FFB settings and re set my previous settings but I feel that the output signal (yellow ffb curve) is less dynamic and more flat than previously...

VR-42
15-10-2015, 17:52
Was it a forced default setup race?
No,

VR-42
15-10-2015, 18:07
I am using t300 wheel and I keep getting the feed back bug where the wheel vibrates and the white line in telemetry,
I am an unpaid carer and I am worried that this is damaging my wheel. I race most nights,( cant go out do to caring duties ) with a good group of guys,
Most nights I have to quit races due to this problem, I cant afford to replace this wheel so have to quit.
I am loosing faith in the game at the moment
PLEASE sort it

Quatzu
15-10-2015, 18:22
I'm not sure what thread to post this in, but here's something I've found since patch 4.0 that wasn't addressed in patch 5.0:

In career mode, when editing your tuning setup before the race, there used to be information about how many laps the race is. You could then plan your fuel accordingly with the added feature of the Liters/Laps slider. The lap info is no longer there and for each sprint race, the Liters to Laps slider is broken. Laps will now equal the amount of liters of fuel (40L = 40 Laps, etc.). However, when you complete the sprint race and enter the main race, this is fixed.

HOWEVER: After each round (practice, qualifying, race) you normally continue on to the next round without backing out into the main career calendar. So, after you've completed 2 practices and 2 qualifying rounds, you can jump directly into the races and you may forget how many laps the races are. So you must then back out to the career calendar to check how many laps each race is if you've spent hours continuing directly into each next round.

I just wish that information was back in the tuning setup menu for each race. It was there before patch 4.0, gone after. Is there a better thread in which to bring this up?

Pappa_Stig
15-10-2015, 23:11
I'm not sure what thread to post this in, but here's something I've found since patch 4.0 that wasn't addressed in patch 5.0:

In career mode, when editing your tuning setup before the race, there used to be information about how many laps the race is. You could then plan your fuel accordingly with the added feature of the Liters/Laps slider. The lap info is no longer there and for each sprint race, the Liters to Laps slider is broken. Laps will now equal the amount of liters of fuel (40L = 40 Laps, etc.). However, when you complete the sprint race and enter the main race, this is fixed.

HOWEVER: After each round (practice, qualifying, race) you normally continue on to the next round without backing out into the main career calendar. So, after you've completed 2 practices and 2 qualifying rounds, you can jump directly into the races and you may forget how many laps the races are. So you must then back out to the career calendar to check how many laps each race is if you've spent hours continuing directly into each next round.

I just wish that information was back in the tuning setup menu for each race. It was there before patch 4.0, gone after. Is there a better thread in which to bring this up?

It says how many laps the race is before you go to track. While you're in that menu before the race, to the right there is a list of competitors. Next to their name it will show what lap they are on, which at the start of the race will be lap 1 obviously. In quali or practice it will just say their current lap, but before the race it will say how many laps the race is. For example: If it's a 60 lap race, they will all be on 1/60.

Sproket
15-10-2015, 23:17
In patch 6.0, the half baked game won't even load but we can't say anything because only a few are permitted.
This is the longest BETA game I have had the misfortune of infecting my PS

Liquid7394
15-10-2015, 23:20
6.0? Where did you get your time machine from?

CoTiNhO
15-10-2015, 23:31
SOMEONE can tell me how to change the tires when the "force default setup" is active??? Because i tried all the possibilities i think and the pit stop only change your tires when your tires are extremely exhausted and even not always. This is a disaster!!!!

Schmiggz
16-10-2015, 01:47
Diesel 97, repeat that please....

"You already have that its called "private""

Private, is a room that you create, invite a bunch of your friends and have good races. Good deal but, what if your friends are not on line? What if you want to do some different races that you usually don't do with your buddies? What if you want to meet new people? What if you just want to do a couple of short races before you go to bed?
I mean, I payed for the freaking whole experience 70 canadian dollars and now you tell me that due to some technical problems that apparently have no solution, I can only experience 65% of this Sim without getting at least 20 dollars refunded? Are you like kidding me? Granturismo hosts can kick out, why can't PCars? Because we're oh so different? Gimme a break dude!

Liquid7394
16-10-2015, 02:19
Diesel 97, repeat that please....

"You already have that its called "private""

Private, is a room that you create, invite a bunch of your friends and have good races. Good deal but, what if your friends are not on line? What if you want to do some different races that you usually don't do with your buddies? What if you want to meet new people? What if you just want to do a couple of short races before you go to bed?
I mean, I payed for the freaking whole experience 70 canadian dollars and now you tell me that due to some technical problems that apparently have no solution, I can only experience 65% of this Sim without getting at least 20 dollars refunded? Are you like kidding me? Granturismo hosts can kick out, why can't PCars? Because we're oh so different? Gimme a break dude!
They've said they're adding host kick.

wyldanimal
16-10-2015, 04:07
I am using t300 wheel and I keep getting the feed back bug where the wheel vibrates and the white line in telemetry,
I am an unpaid carer and I am worried that this is damaging my wheel. I race most nights,( cant go out do to caring duties ) with a good group of guys,
Most nights I have to quit races due to this problem, I cant afford to replace this wheel so have to quit.
I am loosing faith in the game at the moment
PLEASE sort it

Not to worry, that "Canned" vibration won't damage your wheel..
the T300 issues aren't because pCars or the FFB did something to it..

T300 issues are due to possibly to: Thrustmaster design / Firmware / or just a bad component used in the assembly.

But a game such as pCars turning on FFB will not damage it.

I got my T300 fixed..
so I'm using my G29 and my T300.
Each one offers me a different experience..

My issues with the T300 were not Caused by pCars in any way.

ChrisK
16-10-2015, 04:46

T300 issues are due to possibly to: Thrustmaster design / Firmware / or just a bad component used in the assembly.

I got my T300 fixed..

Right...so let me get this straight, according to you...the t300 issues may be from a thrustramster issue, but definately not by PCars. I have zero issues with any other game with my t300. Let me be clear...ZERO issues. Nada, nothing, donut. According to some, the constant crashes to home screen are a ps4 issue, not a PCars issue aswell...but I have zero issues with any other game.

Maybe the pit stop bug isn't actually a PCars issue either. Maybe it's a little green leprechaun that teleported into my machine causing the issues in some mischievous way.

Needless to say...I call bullshit.

Pyromaniak666
16-10-2015, 05:11
I joined a scheduled race last night for our Ginetta Junior championship and what do you know, we were's flying instead of driving, this ruined my evening, can anyone advise what causes the flying, will upload a video later this evening.

VR-42
16-10-2015, 06:35

I got my T300 fixed..

So you are saying that when I get this vibration the wheel is putting the white line on to the telemetry!
And can SMS guarantee that my wheel wont be damaged.
Because atm I cant risk it, as a unpaid carer for my mother I only get £67 per week from the state ($103)
And due to my duties racing with a community is my only way to have someone else to talk to.

rams1de
16-10-2015, 07:44
So you are saying that when I get this vibration the wheel is putting the white line on to the telemetry!
And can SMS guarantee that my wheel wont be damaged.
Because atm I cant risk it, as a unpaid carer for my mother I only get £67 per week from the state ($103)
And due to my duties racing with a community is my only way to have someone else to talk to.

I'm sure the white line represents some 'canned' feedback effects that were trialled during the game development and subsequently abandoned. There's a bug which seems to turn it on, the white line is the representation of the vibration (canned feedback). It's unpleasant but shouldn't damage your wheel - although I couldn't continue driving when it happened to me.

No-one can guarantee your wheel won't be damaged. Too much force feedback can harm your wheel and PCARS is capable of sending far more force than your wheel can handle.

With regards to the bug. It's obviously difficult to reproduce or it would be fixed by now, so you and your mates suffering the same could detail how it happens and post it in a thread. That way the devs may get to the root of the problem quicker.

Fong74
16-10-2015, 07:55
White/yellow line represented hardware vs software mixing during the beta phase. White was HW as far as I remember. It was swiched to SW before launch. The PS4 had HW mixing after release (white). Meanwhile its yellow...

I am confused, as I recall that the moving graph is either white or yellow. The other one makes the baseline at the bottom of the FFB graph drawing area and is not moving at all.

I can only speak of Fanatec CSW V2 behaviour/integration.

rams1de
16-10-2015, 09:04
Hi Fong74. I've had the game since release and the FFB signal in the top half of the graph has always been yellow on my PS4.

When the bug manifested itself, the white line appeared on the bottom half of the graph along with the vibration which was not representative of the mix ie wheel vibration over rumble strips, resistance when turning etc. You might be correct about the white line not moving as it has only happened to me once.

There were a number of reports about this soon after release and one of the SMS team posted that it related to previously tested canned FFB.

Fong74
16-10-2015, 09:31
Interesting indeed. I was assuming pCars has no canned FFB effects at all. Or was I wrong?

The white line also moving effect seems to have to do with the bug then. Good to know. Thx!

GrimeyDog
16-10-2015, 10:36

I Noticed the FFB was Lighter... I think that was Due to the Tire Ajustment that was made in 4.0... Its Not Lighter on every track just the Tracks that they Made adjustments to so you may Not Notice it until your on one of those Tracks... I had to do a Delete Full Reset and Re-instal Pcars and 5.0 to get things back to the Norm... I Now use 85% on wheel FFB instead of 75%.

Sproket
16-10-2015, 11:20
I Noticed the FFB was Lighter... I think that was Due to the Tire Ajustment that was made in 4.0... Its Not Lighter on every track just the Tracks that they Made adjustments to so you may Not Notice it until your on one of those Tracks... I had to do a Delete Full Reset and Re-instal Pcars and 5.0 to get things back to the Norm... I Now use 85% on wheel FFB instead of 75%.
I will do this as I also found 0% FFB between 10 & 2 o'clock. Tried resetting everything but didn't fix it also hopefully rectify my perpetual cycle of blue screen crashes even when 2 other people tried hosting. Half the lobby suffered the same so I fail to see how it can be hardware or connection issues?
T500 user.

Roger Prynne
16-10-2015, 11:46
I'm sure the white line represents some 'canned' feedback effects that were trialled during the game development and subsequently abandoned. There's a bug which seems to turn it on, the white line is the representation of the vibration (canned feedback). It's unpleasant but shouldn't damage your wheel - although I couldn't continue driving when it happened to me.

No-one can guarantee your wheel won't be damaged. Too much force feedback can harm your wheel and PCARS is capable of sending far more force than your wheel can handle.

With regards to the bug. It's obviously difficult to reproduce or it would be fixed by now, so you and your mates suffering the same could detail how it happens and post it in a thread. That way the devs may get to the root of the problem quicker.

This is correct and I've had it happen to me once since release.

Fre.Mo
16-10-2015, 12:01

I thought the settings of the wheels' control panel (pc software) were not taken into account on the ps4?

ace1973
16-10-2015, 15:58
I'm using a G29 and ran a 45 lap race at Road America last night, first one since the new patch, and actually thought the ffb felt a little stronger. Less center dead zone, and more reactions running on the rumble strips. Just my opinion I don't know if they actually changed or not.

Roger Prynne
16-10-2015, 16:48
If it's not in the build notes then it didn't happen (normally)

Adolfus
16-10-2015, 16:51

Happened to me a couple times. Just reboot the ps4 and it starts to dll really quick.

Fong74
16-10-2015, 16:51
I thought the settings of the wheels' control panel (pc software) were not taken into account on the ps4?

They arent. Grimey meant the FFB parameter in the games main setup menue under Controls, which usually is set to 100% on PC.

KamyKaze1098
16-10-2015, 16:53
This is correct and I've had it happen to me once since release.

I have this happen quit a few times. I would say between 10 to 20. Had it in 2 online races. 1 of them a league race. Was a though race for sure :P

IS this beig looked at??

Roger Prynne
16-10-2015, 16:55
I have this happen quit a few times. I would say between 10 to 20. Had it in 2 online races. 1 of them a league race. Was a though race for sure :P

IS this beig looked at??

Yep.

Fre.Mo
16-10-2015, 17:09
They arent. Grimey meant the FFB parameter in the games main setup menue under Controls, which usually is set to 100% on PC.

But in its .pdf file, Grimey talk of both On Wheel FFB and Global FFB values...

Adolfus
16-10-2015, 17:17
Big ups to SMS on this patch!!! The FA cars drive so smooth now and feel wonderful!

wyldanimal
16-10-2015, 19:45

I got my T300 fixed..

Right...so let me get this straight, according to you...the t300 issues may be from a thrustramster issue, but definately not by PCars. I have zero issues with any other game with my t300. Let me be clear...ZERO issues. Nada, nothing, donut. According to some, the constant crashes to home screen are a ps4 issue, not a PCars issue aswell...but I have zero issues with any other game.

Maybe the pit stop bug isn't actually a PCars issue either. Maybe it's a little green leprechaun that teleported into my machine causing the issues in some mischievous way.

Needless to say...I call bullshit.

Maybe you Haven't read the thread.
The OP is Concerned that the Canned FFB vibrations are Going to Damage his T300 Wheel, and it will FAIL because of the FFB.

That's what my Post is About..

has Nothing to do with Are their Issues with pCars?

pCars or any other game, can not cause your Wheel to Break or Fail Simply by turning on a FFB command.

If the Wheel Fails, it's due to Poor design Mechanical or Electrical / Electronic, faulty Components, bad Firmware....

Schmiggz
16-10-2015, 19:54
They've said they're adding host kick.

Ok, awesome news. I rest my case then.

Konan
16-10-2015, 19:55
If it's not in the build notes then it didn't happen (normally)

So is the AI pitting when having damage an exception?
Just making sure it's not a glitch that will disappear afterwards...

Pappa_Stig
17-10-2015, 00:14

He uses a Fanatec wheel, so I read that as the FFB option on the wheel's own menu. One of the many things I love about Fanatec wheels.

astro5525
17-10-2015, 04:06
After installing this patch and swapping driver to AI (for example in 24h Le Mans), the AI would pit on every lap after the swap was made. I do not invoke the pit stop, the AI just pits on every lap. It happens every time, whether the driver swap takes place after 10 laps or after 1 lap.

Has anyone else experienced this ?

Mellowyellow
17-10-2015, 09:46
The Bentley continental gt3 has been brought back down to earth since update. I seem to be a second off my best lap time at Monza!

Mellowyellow
17-10-2015, 16:42
" * Bentley Continental GT3 – updated engine and minimum ride height to match latest; mapped real world balance of performance; updated gearbox ratios to current FIA specifications, putting it more in line with the other GT3 cars. "

After some practicing and racing on Monza online I'm struggling to get low 1.45's. It seems the above changes has definetly slowed this car down?

alunian
17-10-2015, 21:02
It seems the game is still unstable, please see my post http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?22777-Crash-Freeze-on-PS4&p=1150804&viewfull=1#post1150804

gotdirt410sprintcar
17-10-2015, 21:39
Don't no if this was a fix but I have not had to reset my wheel since update. before I was losing FFB at times not happened since update. wheel gt3 rs

medse87
18-10-2015, 03:17
Landmines and invisible walls are still there. It seems they happen even more now. Since last sunday I saw 2 and had 2 myself. Pls hurry. How is it possible that this still happens?

Linx
18-10-2015, 05:10
Not sure if this has been mentioned. I deleted and reloaded everything. Started career over in the zero to hero mode in 125cc karts. Now if I finish 2nd or 3rd place it shows that I finished in 1st. Wasn't this a bug from before the first update?

mass control
18-10-2015, 08:20
Not improved the game that much still main bugs that should of been sorted by now.Sorter fix one thing and more bugs happen on other things.

morpwr
18-10-2015, 12:46
I agree ive had my first 2 happen to me since this patch . Invisible walls only for me.

AngelBrow
19-10-2015, 16:02
Ive been away for a bit... married life.
So i havent played since patch 3.0.
I read that the Toyota LMP1 is coming. But why does the AI use it but I dont have it. Such a tease!!

Great game. Force feedback is amazing. 220515

Fre.Mo
19-10-2015, 19:22
The Toyota car must be in the patch 5.0.

ScorpionR3D
20-10-2015, 09:56
Ive been away for a bit... married life.
So i havent played since patch 3.0.
I read that the Toyota LMP1 is coming. But why does the AI use it but I dont have it. Such a tease!!

Great game. Force feedback is amazing. 220515

This is why the patches are as big as they are. Alot of dlc is included in the patch. When buying the dlc it is a download of a second (100kb orso) which is essentially just a key to free the content.

Hellrider13
20-10-2015, 10:16
Yeah cheers guys for all the patches but, and this I know is a crazy idea but maybe release a game that actually works from the day you buy it

Kostja93
20-10-2015, 13:00
Where is the Xbox One Patch?

Ixoye56
20-10-2015, 14:22
Where is the Xbox One Patch?

It's stuck at Microsoft.

Linx
20-10-2015, 18:01
Is this me or is it a bug? After patch 5.0 I deleted everything, reloaded Pcars, and started a new zero to hero career racing 125cc karts. Whenever I finish 2nd or 3rd the first set of results that pops up immediately after the race shows where I finished. But then the second set of results shows I finished in 1st place and the AI driver that finished in first also shows 1st place and there's no 2nd place, but a 3rd place ai driver. Then it shows me as 1st place on the podium. In all instances my team mate had finished somewhere around 7th through 10th place. Is this a bug?

Spitfire77
20-10-2015, 19:13
Is this me or is it a bug? After patch 5.0 I deleted everything, reloaded Pcars, and started a new zero to hero career racing 125cc karts. Whenever I finish 2nd or 3rd the first set of results that pops up immediately after the race shows where I finished. But then the second set of results shows I finished in 1st place and the AI driver that finished in first also shows 1st place and there's no 2nd place, but a 3rd place ai driver. Then it shows me as 1st place on the podium. In all instances my team mate had finished somewhere around 7th through 10th place. Is this a bug?

No they are just following the new nanny treatment of children here in the USA that everyone is a winner and gets a trophy just for showing up!

.. honestly seems like a basic small bug, do the points come out correct?

Linx
20-10-2015, 19:25
The points I receive are 1st place points, so no I can't say they're correct. I forgot to mention last night I placed 6th and it bumped me up to 4th

Schnizz58
20-10-2015, 19:47
Maybe some of the AI got time penalties. ;)

Konan
20-10-2015, 19:50
Maybe some of the AI got time penalties. ;)

That would be the day :rolleyes:

Linx
20-10-2015, 19:52
I was thinking that but has that been implemented in the game yet? Cuz there were a few times I got passed by the AI driving off the grass. But still, why would it show two first place winners (me and ai), no second place, and then a 3rd place finisher?

Konan
20-10-2015, 19:55
I was thinking that but has that been implemented in the game yet? Cuz there were a few times I got passed by the AI driving off the grass. But still, why would it show two first place winners (me and ai), no second place, and then a 3rd place finisher?

I really don't think the AI get time penalties...must be some bug/glitch imo...

Schnizz58
20-10-2015, 19:57
Actually that was about 50% tongue-in-cheek and about 50% wishful thinking. Can you post a screen shot so we actually know what we're talking about? My first thought was that you were looking at the championship standings, in which case if you and another driver were tied for 1st place, there would be no 2nd place. But now it sounds like that's not the case.

Linx
20-10-2015, 20:02
I will when I get home tonight. Thing is that my next event is the McLaren F1 invitational 3 hr race. Don't think I have the time tonight to race it and my luck everything will work fine. Anyways I might have to just skip that race and go back to karts and then I'll post pictures of all the results it shows.

Iceman80134
20-10-2015, 21:50
Bonjour*

je vous contact suite à la dernière maj
Il ont modifier la puissance et la tenu de route de bentley GT3
je perd 3 seconde au tour et les pneu ce dégrade rapidement
je ne suis pas le seul dans cet situation
toute personne utilisant cet bentley ce plaignent
Nous trouvons cela inadmissible!
on paye un DLC , on s'habitue à la voiture pandent des mois , et la on repart de 0
de plus je trouve que la Z4 roule plus fort*
merci de donnée suite
sportivement
david

Umer Ahmad
20-10-2015, 22:30
En Anglais suelement s' il vous plait. Gracias

diesel97
21-10-2015, 01:35
En Anglais suelement s' il vous plait. Gracias

yaaay what he said ;)

Fre.Mo
21-10-2015, 06:36
yaaay what he said ;)

Iceman complains about the Bentley being 3s slower and tyre wear being consumed quickly since the last update.

rams1de
21-10-2015, 06:54

Did you get fastest laps and therefore extra points in the Championship standings?

Linx
21-10-2015, 16:23
Did you get fastest laps and therefore extra points in the Championship standings?
I was wondering if that is the case, I never paid attention to my lap times. But this is happening everytime. And even if I was setting the fastest lap time shouldn't it show a 2nd place finisher? The results are 1st place-me, 1st PLACE-AI driver, 3rd PLACE-AI driver.... There is no 2nd place

Fre.Mo
23-10-2015, 06:52

Is it possible to also add an option to reset only car settings but not FFB?

Lars Geraae
23-10-2015, 12:56
WHAT about mixing the classes together, like LMP + GT cars !!? Is it on the list !? No more cars ! Need that option to mix classes !

FLX81
24-10-2015, 10:16
Since patch 4, I started to see an abundance of bad connections when entering a public lobby. With patch 5, I now rarely see a ping symbol that isnt red and it takes ages until the car, track and conditions update and I can actually see who drives which car etc. I know it isnt on my end, I have good pings in every other game.

phinn
26-10-2015, 22:01
WHAT about mixing the classes together, like LMP + GT cars !!? Is it on the list !? No more cars ! Need that option to mix classes !

Mixing classes would be awesome

Eric Bergeret
27-10-2015, 10:59
not gonna happen ;)

ingrobny
28-10-2015, 10:30
Again, many thanks for making Project Cars even better :)

Kickbox
28-10-2015, 17:07
6MB update? Changelog?

Bealdor
28-10-2015, 17:11
6MB update? Changelog?

DLC release.

Heehaw4x4
30-10-2015, 15:33
I downloaded ps4 versions updates 4 and 5 the clouds and sky graphics looks as downgraded as xbox version. at update 3.0 the clouds looked more realistic on ps4 imo.

Tom Curtis
03-11-2015, 09:24
Check your bonus points. You get a +5 for fastest lap.

Linx
03-11-2015, 20:07
Check your bonus points. You get a +5 for fastest lap.
But would that eliminate a 2nd place winner? As I said in my post the results show me as 1st place, AI driver as 1st place, nobody as 2nd place, and AI driver in 3rd place

mclarenda
04-11-2015, 09:30
great game its improving more and more.keep up the good work.

Stephen Viljoen
04-11-2015, 12:56
But would that eliminate a 2nd place winner? As I said in my post the results show me as 1st place, AI driver as 1st place, nobody as 2nd place, and AI driver in 3rd place

The second screen shows your championship standings, not the race results. The race results are on the first screen you mentioned, and you did mention that it was correct there. :)

rams1de
08-11-2015, 12:54

That's common practise in the event of a tie. The first two positions are tied first AND second, leaving the third placed driver in the rightful third position.

Hupernikao
08-11-2015, 14:15
After Update V5.0 my Thrustmaster T80 is not working.

The PS4 picks up the steering wheel, but as soon as the game starts the only button recognised by the game is the PS button which takes me out of the game.

Any advice?

Linx
09-11-2015, 13:20
Did you try turning it off and back on once you're in the game?