PDA

View Full Version : Xbox 5.0 Patch notes

wOoDsTeR16
13-10-2015, 17:39
I see the patch is out for the PS4 lads, I guess we're playing the waiting game for MickySoft to clear ours but it would be nice to see the patch notes?

ashasha
13-10-2015, 18:12
We let those PS4 guys beta test for us. Its like the food teasers in medieval times. Its pretty nice.

BetoRenno
13-10-2015, 18:27
We let those PS4 guys beta test for us. Its like the food teasers in medieval times. Its pretty nice.

Ashasha,
Unfortunately, it is not a beta test matter... The patch 5.0 for XBOX will not be changed based in the reports from PC and PS4 users... That is a matter of certification of each platform... We are, as XBOX users and as usual, the last of the platforms to receive the patch.
As far as I know, SMS release the patch for all paftforms at the same time.
Regards and have fun.
Carlos

Rockefelluh
13-10-2015, 19:36
Ashasha,
Unfortunately, it is not a beta test matter... The patch 5.0 for XBOX will not be changed based in the reports from PC and PS4 users... That is a matter of certification of each platform... We are, as XBOX users and as usual, the last of the platforms to receive the patch.
As far as I know, SMS release the patch for all paftforms at the same time.
Regards and have fun.
Carlos

Pretty sure ashasha was sarcastic.

Rockefelluh
13-10-2015, 19:37
For those looking for what PS4 is getting:

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?40783-Project-CARS-PS4-Patch-5-0-Release-Notes&p=1146781#post1146781

Schnizz58
13-10-2015, 20:31
I see the patch is out for the PS4 lads.
Yep and when I saw this thread listed in "New Posts" I thought it was out for us too. :mad:

Haiden
13-10-2015, 21:03

Kind of... Except, whether we choke and die or not, you're gonna eat it, too, eventually. Oh, yes, you will. :)

BulletEyeDK
13-10-2015, 23:56
I really hope the pit bug regarding tires is fixed, i see this is not noted in the ps4 patch but in the PC one, fingers crossed ;)

SUBGTRACER
14-10-2015, 00:28
I don't really get excited about patches for Pcars anymore as they create more problems and or haven't fixed the problems that are listed in the patch ...........

HEF51
14-10-2015, 01:52
I really hope the pit bug regarding tires is fixed, i see this is not noted in the ps4 patch but in the PC one, fingers crossed ;)

It is

derekthetree
14-10-2015, 11:33
They really need to revert to "normal" patch numbering, 1.1, 1.2, 1.21 etc.

Otherwise it will be like Firefox: PCars v37.0!!

Dynomight Motorsports
14-10-2015, 12:06
I heard from the PC forum that this patch will mess up the Weather for Multi-player. Like.. it resets every session. Just read the PC Thread about the patch to see what you can expect.

wOoDsTeR16
14-10-2015, 13:22
I heard from the PC forum that this patch will mess up the Weather for Multi-player. Like.. it resets every session. Just read the PC Thread about the patch to see what you can expect.

PS4/PC there both different notes mate. I just hope the sound problem has been solved

Raven403
14-10-2015, 13:26
PS4/PC there both different notes mate. I just hope the sound problem has been solved

He's right tho, there's now a bug that resets weather and time progression when each session starts. That seems to be universal.

wOoDsTeR16
14-10-2015, 14:03
He's right tho, there's now a bug that resets weather and time progression when each session starts. That seems to be universal.

Great, I am sure this game is out to kill every league I'm ever in!

mcscott
14-10-2015, 14:05
As long as it fixes the Ginetta G40 in cockpit cam causing the game to crash back to the dashboard then I'll be happy. Haven't been able to play career mode since the last patch because of this.

wOoDsTeR16
14-10-2015, 14:05
If this is the case then SMS should stop the patch from going live, there are hardly any of us left playing this game and something like this will kill the game.

Schnizz58
14-10-2015, 14:23
They really need to revert to "normal" patch numbering, 1.1, 1.2, 1.21 etc.

Otherwise it will be like Firefox: PCars v37.0!!
You worried that they'll run out of numbers?

Raven403
14-10-2015, 14:26
If this is the case then SMS should stop the patch from going live, there are hardly any of us left playing this game and something like this will kill the game.

It's def. Not ideal

Ixoye56
14-10-2015, 14:58
As long as it fixes the Ginetta G40 in cockpit cam causing the game to crash back to the dashboard then I'll be happy. Haven't been able to play career mode since the last patch because of this.

This is the biggest problem with the game for me, i really hope they have come up with a solution to this problem.

derekthetree
14-10-2015, 15:13
You worried that they'll run out of numbers?

That is possible given how many have come out!, but it just seems odd to have huge jumps in versions.

IMO, version 2.0 should be Project Cars 2.

Probably my OCD coming out a bit...

I would agree with the above though, I've been away from my Xbone for 2 weeks on hols and there is nothing dragging me back to PCars, whereas WoT and FM6 have. The communities I race with have just disappeared from the game.

wOoDsTeR16
14-10-2015, 15:30
It's def. Not ideal

As it stands my biggest problem is the sound problem, any other issues can be worked around easily and to be fair the only problem that I have to work round is tier pressure when pitting. 3 leagues have now failed due to people having enough of all the problems and selling the game and moving on. This is now the 4th league and it starts this Sunday, I finally have a good group of respectful and clean drivers ready to roll and now this. Ok, we could be lucky and this problem not hit the xbox users but if it does then I can see this league going down the pan as well.

Not only that, I fear that with the small amount thats left of us who have stood by this game and still playing it, this could be the end of pretty much all on line racing be it public or private racing on line. It finally felt that after 4.0 the game was coming into its own but reading through what the ps4 and pc lads are saying maybe thats why patch notes have not been published yet, because they know what's about to hit the fan.

Schnizz58
14-10-2015, 15:42
I still find it odd how different people are suffering from different problems. For me, the sound problem is a non-issue. I get it from time to time but it doesn't bother me that much. That said, hopefully MS have provided the means for SMS to fix it soon (but afaik not in this patch). However I live in eternal fear of my save file becoming corrupted. Every time I play I feel like I'm on egg shells hoping not to anger the gods of the save file. I suppose it all comes down to the fact that the game can be enjoyed in many different ways and players playing mostly career mode don't run into the same problems that online players do and vice versa.

wOoDsTeR16
14-10-2015, 15:53
I still find it odd how different people are suffering from different problems.

I'm with you there buddy, we all have different problems and that is strange!. For me the sound issue is that bad that 80% of the time it will lock the game up but the game continues in the back ground, or it will send me back to race central. AKA every time I hear it now I all of a sudden become religious and start praying to god it don't lock up

Megalomanic87
14-10-2015, 16:02
Re-installing this game now...please restore my faith with this game.

Olijke Poffer
14-10-2015, 16:10
New patch and we the Xbox users have to wait a couple of weeks more... Same old story. Anyway if the game gets better then it is nice to see another patch. (Which should not be needed if the games was released at a better stage) but let's hope it makes Pcars a little bit better..

Schnizz58
14-10-2015, 16:11
Re-installing this game now...please restore my faith with this game.
I might be wrong but I don't think re-installing has ever fixed anything. And I don't really see how it could.

Megalomanic87
14-10-2015, 16:17
I might be wrong but I don't think re-installing has ever fixed anything. And I don't really see how it could.

It wasn't a fix, i uninstalled it after becoming frustrated with the bugs...hmm, about 2 months ago now so waiting to see if there's any difference.

Schnizz58
14-10-2015, 16:18
It wasn't a fix, i uninstalled it after becoming frustrated with the bugs...hmm, about 2 months ago now so waiting to see if there's any difference.
Gotcha.

Jerry Buzz
14-10-2015, 17:07
It must be a hard job fixing this game while Microsoft is farting around with a new architecture. If I have to restart Career again my head is going to explode.

inthebagbud
14-10-2015, 17:19
For those with the pit stop bug it looks like it may be fixed http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?40825-Pitstops-Post-Patch-5-0-Wow!

HEF51
14-10-2015, 17:29
As it stands my biggest problem is the sound problem, any other issues can be worked around easily and to be fair the only problem that I have to work round is tier pressure when pitting. 3 leagues have now failed due to people having enough of all the problems and selling the game and moving on. This is now the 4th league and it starts this Sunday, I finally have a good group of respectful and clean drivers ready to roll and now this. Ok, we could be lucky and this problem not hit the xbox users but if it does then I can see this league going down the pan as well.

Not only that, I fear that with the small amount thats left of us who have stood by this game and still playing it, this could be the end of pretty much all on line racing be it public or private racing on line. It finally felt that after 4.0 the game was coming into its own but reading through what the ps4 and pc lads are saying maybe thats why patch notes have not been published yet, because they know what's about to hit the fan.

Its been tough to keep people around for league racing. Some people just get tried of the constant workarounds and certain features not working as they are suppose to. We started with 16-18 from Forza 5 and now are numbers are anywhere from 13 to 9. The core stays because those people know the game's potential.

Strydervip
14-10-2015, 17:56
I'm with you there buddy, we all have different problems and that is strange!. For me the sound issue is that bad that 80% of the time it will lock the game up but the game continues in the back ground, or it will send me back to race central. AKA every time I hear it now I all of a sudden become religious and start praying to god it don't lock up

I am a part of the preview program and have the new xbox dashboard. The sound issue is fixed when you get the new dashboard. Actually about all lurching,framerate,screen tearing and sound problems are gone. Only way I can get the sound to studder is say "xbox record that" and it does it for 5 sec tops.

PorscheFanatic7
14-10-2015, 18:32
I am a part of the preview program and have the new xbox dashboard. The sound issue is fixed when you get the new dashboard. Actually about all lurching,framerate,screen tearing and sound problems are gone. Only way I can get the sound to studder is say "xbox record that" and it does it for 5 sec tops.

Any idea when that will be released for the public?

PorscheFanatic7
14-10-2015, 18:34
Its been tough to keep people around for league racing. Some people just get tried of the constant workarounds and certain features not working as they are suppose to. We started with 16-18 from Forza 5 and now are numbers are anywhere from 13 to 9. The core stays because those people know the game's potential.

Well you might be able to add 1 to your numbers since I've been considering joining you guys. My only worry is that I might be out of town 20-30% of weekends.

TheReaper GT
14-10-2015, 18:37

Not true, not true at all. The new xbox one experience made the issue less intrusive, now that occurs more when you snap an app and when notifications pop up , but it's not fixed.

Rockefelluh
14-10-2015, 18:48

People who leave don't necessarily not know the games potential. Me being one of them. I stopped league races because I didn't want to spend hours preparing for a race on the weekend when my pitstop ruins the race 20 minutes in.

AdM1
14-10-2015, 19:15
People who leave don't necessarily not know the games potential. Me being one of them. I stopped league races because I didn't want to spend hours preparing for a race on the weekend when my pitstop ruins the race 20 minutes in.

Yep and those that have left aren't necessarily saying they wont come back just that they're stepping back for a while giving SMS a chance to fix it.

Sitting waiting for patches that we're bringing as many problems as they resolved, not fixing issues and adding features is what had me leaving the game for a while.

Strydervip
14-10-2015, 19:31
Any idea when that will be released for the public?

Mid to late November.

TheReaper GT
14-10-2015, 19:32
Mid to late November.

Nope, it was postpone, maybe December.

Schnizz58
14-10-2015, 19:34
Not true, not true at all. The new xbox one experience made the issue less intrusive, now that occurs more when you snap an app and when notifications pop up , but it's not fixed.
That does seem to indicate that the issue is at least in part an OS issue.

Haiden
14-10-2015, 19:36
IMO, the biggest and most damaging issue with the game is that the experience seems to vary so much within each platform. I understand PC owners can have different configurations that could effect the game differently. But consoles users should have a pretty similar experience across their particular platform. But, for some reason, console owners seem to have a more varied experience than PC owners. I've experience very few problems--single and multiplayer--and definitely nothing bad enough to make me stop playing. That's why I always find it so mind boggling when people talk about giving up on the game, and then I remember that it's not the same for everyone. I think this is the only game I've ever played on console where users have such a varied experience.

TheReaper GT
14-10-2015, 19:38
That does seem to indicate that the issue is at least in part an OS issue.
Yeah, it's a seventh core optimization issue. The witcher has the same problem. Microsoft was supposed to release a new sdk to improve the seventh core use.

[QUOTE=TheReaper GT;1147996]Not true, not true at all. The new xbox one experience made the issue less intrusive, now that occurs more when you snap an app and when notifications pop up , but it's not fixed.[/QUOT. It's fixed for me! I don't get it with notifications anymore and I don't snap apps while I am racing. A new build released last night of the dashboard will test later today to see if any other improvements or if it's a step back.

Nothing major here, some visual enhancements...

Strydervip
14-10-2015, 19:38
Not true, not true at all. The new xbox one experience made the issue less intrusive, now that occurs more when you snap an app and when notifications pop up , but it's not fixed. It's fixed for me! I don't get it with notifications anymore and I don't snap apps while I am racing. A new build released last night of the dashboard will test later today to see if any other improvements or if it's a step back.

Strydervip
14-10-2015, 19:41

That was debunked with a twitter announcement yesterday! All rumors! Still on schedule

TheReaper GT
14-10-2015, 19:43
That was debunked with a twitter announcement yesterday! All rumors! Still on schedule

It's nothing what the devs are saying on the preview forum. But I don't care, I'm using it since day one.

Schnizz58
14-10-2015, 19:44
Yeah, it's a seventh core optimization issue. The witcher has the same problem. Microsoft was supposed to release a new sdk to improve the seventh core use.
Right. That's been said many times but this is the first empirical evidence I've seen to support it. Not that I really doubted it, it's just good to have some confirmation.

beetes_juice
14-10-2015, 19:55
IMO, the biggest and most damaging issue with the game is that the experience seems to vary so much within each platform. I understand PC owners can have different configurations that could effect the game differently. But consoles users should have a pretty similar experience across their particular platform. But, for some reason, console owners seem to have a more varied experience than PC owners. I've experience very few problems--single and multiplayer--and definitely nothing bad enough to make me stop playing. That's why I always find it so mind boggling when people talk about giving up on the game, and then I remember that it's not the same for everyone. I think this is the only game I've ever played on console where users have such a varied experience.

I don't get it either. We all bought the same hardware. One side we have people who have an "unplayable" game and on the other there is myself, the game is prime and has been played nonstop for the past 5 months.

The only difference I can fathom is our internet/live connection. Whatever it may be; slow internet speed, live issues, sub-par net code, etc. the discrepancy's between users have to lie in the network connection. Times I've had real issues either live was taking a dump or my network was not performing fully.

Ixoye56
14-10-2015, 20:01
I don't get it either. We all bought the same hardware. One side we have people who have an "unplayable" game and on the other there is myself, the game is prime and has been played nonstop for the past 5 months.

The only difference I can fathom is our internet/live connection. Whatever it may be; slow internet speed, live issues, sub-par net code, etc. the discrepancy's between users have to lie in the network connection. Times I've had real issues either live was taking a dump or my network was not performing fully.

I believe that many problems have to do with some people run apps in the background when they play the game, I don't do that myself and have no major problems except the biggest bugs that everyone else has.

Schnizz58
14-10-2015, 20:07
I believe that many problems have to do with some people run apps in the background when they play the game, I don't do that myself and have no major problems except the biggest bugs that everyone else has.
I agree. The game uses every bit of CPU it can get its hands on and if anything is stealing cycles from the game, Bad ThingsTM generally happen.

TheReaper GT
14-10-2015, 20:12
I agree. The game uses every bit of CPU it can get its hands on and if anything is stealing cycles from the game, Bad ThingsTM generally happen.

True, I don't run background apps during races. But i like to record full lap videos and if I snap game dvr the sound bug sits there for about 50 seconds, than goes away.

Schnizz58
14-10-2015, 20:16
True, I don't run background apps during races. But i like to record full lap videos and if I snap game dvr the sound bug sits there for about 50 seconds, then goes away.
That's a bummer. MS have never been known for their great RTOSes.

TheReaper GT
14-10-2015, 20:21
That's a bummer. MS have never been known for their great RTOSes.

Yeah, right now I'm recording only replay videos, that way I can snap the game dvr app and wait for the bug to go away before I start the replay playback and capture it at the end.

Strydervip
14-10-2015, 20:25

Yes I shut every app down before I launch pcars. Helps tremendously

Haiden
14-10-2015, 21:52

True. I wonder about the people that have trouble in single player, though, too. Probably more so than the online people. I'm like you, no major issues with the game at all, just a few little annoyances that I've either learned to avoid or don't mind waiting to be fixed.

I also think that's the case. You think it'd be common sense, but it's kind of like how people have PC issues--slow response, CPU churning, etc--and then when you ask them when was the last time they rebooted, they can't even remember...LOL.

SUBGTRACER
14-10-2015, 22:16
I think you may have something to look forward too the patch seems pretty good ! I hope it is just as good for you guys. I think the game is finally getting to what it should be ...

Schnizz58
14-10-2015, 23:19
I also think that's the case. You think it'd be common sense, but it's kind of like how people have PC issues--slow response, CPU churning, etc--and then when you ask them when was the last time they rebooted, they can't even remember...LOL.
Well to be fair, you shouldn't have to reboot your machine all the time. I've got a router that I haven't rebooted since the Clinton administration.

TheReaper GT
14-10-2015, 23:46
Well to be fair, you shouldn't have to reboot your machine all the time. I've got a router that I haven't rebooted since the Clinton administration.

I Agree. We all know that reboot or quit all side apps really help more demanding games, but that should not be neessary. Xbox was advertised as multi task machine and microsoft should provide the devs with the correct tools to guarantee a smoth experience.

morphee7
15-10-2015, 09:53

knew it would be it was far too unstable took myself off it and did a fac reset tbh i can see it delayed until next year

TheReaper GT
15-10-2015, 09:54
knew it would be it was far too unstable took myself off it and did a fac reset tbh i can see it delayed until next year

Agreed, it's fast but unstable...

PFalcon
15-10-2015, 14:31
Schnizz... Well to be fair, you probably shouldn't compare a (relatively simple) router that has exactly one task to accomplish to a PC or game machine that is expected to perform many many complex tasks concurrently.

Schnizz58
15-10-2015, 15:01
Schnizz... Well to be fair, you probably shouldn't compare a (relatively simple) router that has exactly one task to accomplish to a PC or game machine that is expected to perform many many complex tasks concurrently.
The router is a PC and with a well-written OS, it shouldn't matter.

ashasha
15-10-2015, 15:14
The router is a PC and with a well-written OS, it shouldn't matter.
Yeah but you are not introducing 3rd party code into the equation. It doesn't even really interact with the data, it just points it from point A to B.

More to the point can that router run PCARS at 60fps? :)

Schnizz58
15-10-2015, 15:21
Yeah but you are not introducing 3rd party code into the equation. It doesn't even really interact with the data, it just points it from point A to B.

More to the point can that router run PCARS at 60fps? :)
An OS that allows 3rd party code to perturb its operation is not a good OS.

ashasha
15-10-2015, 21:29
An OS that allows 3rd party code to perturb its operation is not a good OS.

My point is that the router doesn't need to do anything with the data that it is receiving other than relay it from input to output. That data could be anything that you can imagine, but it has zero impact on the router because it's just a path. A console and a game need to interact with one another. The OS in a console isn't just passing 1's and 0's to the screen; there is processing going on.

Schnizz58
15-10-2015, 21:45
Still it doesn't matter. Yes a PC playing a game does a lot more heavy lifting than a router. But regardless, there's no excuse for having to reboot a machine all the time (actually there's no excuse for having to reboot it ever unless you install a new kernel). An OS shouldn't allow userspace code to corrupt things to the point that it has to reboot in order to recover. That's bad design and/or sloppy programming.

Haiden
15-10-2015, 23:29

In the perfect world, reboots wouldn't be needed. But that's not the world we live in, and there are a lot of operating systems that need an occasional flush to keep them running smoothly. :)

I Agree. We all know that reboot or quit all side apps really help more demanding games, but that should not be neessary. Xbox was advertised as multi task machine and microsoft should provide the devs with the correct tools to guarantee a smoth experience.

My understanding of the Xb1's architecture is that it's actually running different operating systems for dashboard apps and games. If that's the case, then it's probably more a shared resource issue than an OS issue.

TheReaper GT
16-10-2015, 00:02
That doesn't make any sense..

diesel97
16-10-2015, 00:42

the last 2 + pages have no sense why change now

2pfspiff
16-10-2015, 01:19
True. I wonder about the people that have trouble in single player, though, too. Probably more so than the online people. I'm like you, no major issues with the game at all, just a few little annoyances that I've either learned to avoid or don't mind waiting to be fixed.

I'm like you. I haven't had a single issue with Pcars with the exception of the sound stutter every so often. I deleted everything on my XB1 that I didn't use plus all the games that were on it. The only things on my XB1 are Project Cars and Forza 6. Nothing is running in the back round and it is set up in Power Savings mode so everytime I start my XB1 it automatically dumps the memory.

I use my PS4 for all the other games that I want to play. The only thing that will go on XB1 is Halo when it comes out. I do have Project Cars on my PS4, but I am stuck using the controller so when I want to go online I use the PS4 due to no one online playing on XB1 when I do get the chance (usually after 10 pm EST). The biggest thing that keeps me going on the XB1 is the racing league I am in ran by Dynomight Motorsports. It is by far the best way to enjoy this game. I stopped playing the single player game. Most of my time is now spent tuning at the track we are racing on then running 30 to 35 laps in a private session to see how my setup fairs out. This league has forced me to go online and start to research how to tune the suspension to get what I want out of it.

wOoDsTeR16
16-10-2015, 04:47
Back on topic, 7 days after the PC notes and we're still waiting for ours to be posted let alone the patch going live. Why can't the notes at least be posted so we know what to look forward to?

SUBGTRACER
16-10-2015, 04:52
This is the longest notes post without notes.

wOoDsTeR16
16-10-2015, 05:12
I know that once SMS have submitted the patch its in the hands of Mickysoft as to how fast we get it but it wouldn't hurt to post the notes so we can at least see them.

CPU M Rossi
16-10-2015, 05:15
Back on topic, 7 days after the PC notes and we're still waiting for ours to be posted let alone the patch going live. Why can't the notes at least be posted so we know what to look forward to?
well with what was posted on instagram I don't think it will be much longer before the patch is released for xbox

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?38467-Upcoming-DLC-Tease-from-SMS-and-Speculation-%28Spoilers%29&p=1149369&viewfull=1#post1149369

wOoDsTeR16
16-10-2015, 05:23
well with what was posted on instagram I don't think it will be much longer before the patch is released for xbox

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?38467-Upcoming-DLC-Tease-from-SMS-and-Speculation-%28Spoilers%29&p=1149369&viewfull=1#post1149369

I hope so, I just hope this weather bug don't hit us :(

skells22
16-10-2015, 07:44
i think SMS is waiting for the all clear for microsoft before your patch notes come.

little fella
16-10-2015, 09:16
Good old microsoft at it yet again.
Another new patch and last to be released.
Glad I got rid and happy with my ps4 and patch 5.0

Plato99
16-10-2015, 09:31
Yep, because its worth losing money on an Xbox One and buying a PS4 just to get the patches a week earlier........

KkDrummer
16-10-2015, 10:28
last patches came out on a Friday...fingers crossed...hey little fella...moved consoles? maybe it is time to move forums as well...you are not helping anyone with anything here...enjoy 5.0.

Umer Ahmad
16-10-2015, 11:27
i think SMS is waiting for the all clear for microsoft before your patch notes come.
Yes, this is the new method. Notes will be published right when the patch is released basically....not far in advance of the patch release.

little fella
16-10-2015, 12:33
Yep, because its worth losing money on an Xbox One and buying a PS4 just to get the patches a week earlier........
I changed consoles as I fancied a change and couldn't afford to own both.Sale of the Xbox and Wii U paid for the ps4 with a stack of games.Never owned a ps3 so really wanted to play the Uncharted games aswell as The Last of Us.Nothing to do with getting the patch early just pointing out that it's nice to have the patch sooner ��

little fella
16-10-2015, 12:37
last patches came out on a Friday...fingers crossed...hey little fella...moved consoles? maybe it is time to move forums as well...you are not helping anyone with anything here...enjoy 5.0.

No need for that comment really is there.I was on here along timeposting both positive and negative comments about this game.
I am entitled to my opinion so to say I should move forums as I am not adding anything here is damn right rude.
I was anoyed loads of times with the patch delays and was pointing out in jest that it's nice for once to get it early.As in a light hearted way you get my drift seems you took it the wrong way.
Like I said it's ok to have a bit of friendly banter it seems you are very upset at the moment probably as it's yet another delay for you.
You should try chilling out!!!!☺or get a ps4

the-D-
16-10-2015, 13:12
Just short of saying, would you like salt on that paper cut sir? Lol
No need for that comment really is there.I was on here along timeposting both positive and negative comments about this game.
I am entitled to my opinion so to say I should move forums as I am not adding anything here is damn right rude.
I was anoyed loads of times with the patch delays and was pointing out in jest that it's nice for once to get it early.As in a light hearted way you get my drift seems you took it the wrong way.
Like I said it's ok to have a bit of friendly banter it seems you are very upset at the moment probably as it's yet another delay for you.

KkDrummer
16-10-2015, 13:15

Point is....if you just wanna show off your new console, this is not the place for that ...topic says: Xbox One 5.0 patch notes. Discussing PS4 stuff is not relevant and as you don't play PCars on Xbox anymore so I don't think you are able to contribute to this topic in any way....having said that, your PS4 fellas will be delighted to have you around...

wOoDsTeR16
16-10-2015, 13:15
I was anoyed loads of times with the patch delays

Did you "Chill out" when you we're waiting on the patches?

No need for that comment

Or get a ps4..... Any need for that comment?

little fella
16-10-2015, 13:23
Point is....if you just wanna show off your new console, this is not the place for that ...topic says: Xbox One 5.0 patch notes. Discussing PS4 stuff is not relevant and as you don't play PCars on Xbox anymore so I don't think you are able to contribute to this topic in any way....having said that, your PS4 fellas will be delighted to have you around...

Why everyone so cranky?

little fella
16-10-2015, 13:28
Did you "Chill out" when you we're waiting on the patches?

Or get a ps4..... Any need for that comment?

Ever heard of a joke?

wOoDsTeR16
16-10-2015, 13:31
Ever heard of a joke?

Yep, why did the chicken cross the rd ;)

little fella
16-10-2015, 13:38
Yep, why did the chicken cross the rd ;)

Because he was looking for patch 5.0?????

Raven403
16-10-2015, 13:39
I guess Forza wasnt THAT good if you were able to get rid of it altogether Fella........;)

Sorry I had to

TheReaper GT
16-10-2015, 13:41
And another useless thread that somehow got some pace and was ruined by "my sick is bigger than yours" discussion.... Well done, dicks...

Haiden
16-10-2015, 13:43

What doesn't make sense? The separate OS thing?

http://www.engadget.com/2013/05/21/xbox-one-runs-three-operating-systems/

Raven403
16-10-2015, 13:45
And another useless thread that somehow got some pace and was ruined by "my sick is bigger than yours" discussion.... Well done, dicks...

How does a "useless thread" get ruined?

little fella
16-10-2015, 13:50
I guess Forza wasnt THAT good if you were able to get rid of it altogether Fella........;)

Sorry I had to

I really liked forza 6 and I thought I would miss it more than I do.
But I am really enjoying starting project cars again and Driveclub is great for arcade action.

Raven403
16-10-2015, 13:52
I really liked forza 6 and I thought I would miss it more than I do.
But I am really enjoying starting project cars again and Driveclub is great for arcade action.

Good good, glad your enjoying it. Thats what its about anyways. :D

little fella
16-10-2015, 13:53

Eh????

diesel97
16-10-2015, 14:16

This is a funny statement right there ^^^^^ since there are no patch notes all post are OFF TOPIC

Haiden
16-10-2015, 14:42

Here's the OP's original post below. Please tell me how LittleFella's comment is off topic, and how he's unable to contribute to the conversation.

I see the patch is out for the PS4 lads, I guess we're playing the waiting game for MickySoft to clear ours but it would be nice to see the patch notes?

the_monk
16-10-2015, 15:22
I changed consoles as I fancied a change and couldn't afford to own both.Sale of the Xbox and Wii U paid for the ps4 with a stack of games.Never owned a ps3 so really wanted to play the Uncharted games aswell as The Last of Us.Nothing to do with getting the patch early just pointing out that it's nice to have the patch sooner ��
amazing, good to see you are happy thats what counts, now please stop posting on the xbox one thread, if you are still posting here it means u need a LIFE.

wOoDsTeR16
16-10-2015, 15:42
Here's the OP's original post below. Please tell me how LittleFella's comment is off topic, and how he's unable to contribute to the conversation.

Is he pointing out a link to the xb1 patch notes?, thats my original post. He's pointing out the PS4 already has the patch hence knowing its going to get some peoples backs up. Me personally couldn't give a dam if the ps4 gets there patch a month before the xbox, all I want to know is what are in our patch notes.

Sometimes if you have nothing constructive to say it's best to scroll on by ;)

AdM1
16-10-2015, 15:43
Good good, glad your enjoying it. Thats what its about anyways. :D

It most certainly is, not about what the fanboys tell you is better, it's about what you get most enjoyment from.. ;)

little fella
16-10-2015, 16:46
amazing, good to see you are happy thats what counts, now please stop posting on the xbox one thread, if you are still posting here it means u need a LIFE.

I have a good life mate and I can post where I like as I am interested in project cars and like to read this thread as I used to own an xbox.
Nobody gonna tell me I can't post something.
If you don't like my posts for whatever reason then you can simply go in the settings menu and hide my posts.Simple.
Always enjoyed this forum as it is a game I am passionate about regardless of the platform.Also good to interact with other users and see what people have to say.
It annoys me though when people get personal or rude such as telling me I ain't welcome to post now I have sold my xbox.If you can't tell I was having a bit of a joke about me getting the patch earlier for once than that's your problem.I certainly don't say anything out of order or to cause offence.
It's all rather pathetic to be honest but the majority on here are great.

By the way patch 5.0 is great.Well done SMS keep up the good work this game just gets better and better.
PEACE!!!!!!!!!!

wOoDsTeR16
16-10-2015, 17:03
By the way patch 5.0 is great.Well done SMS keep up the good work this game just gets better and better.
PEACE!!!!!!!!!!

But you have to end with that, you just can't help yourself. But I will take your word for it, if we could see our patch notes we would be able to make our own minds up and thats what I was asking in the first place, not how good it is on PS4 or PC

little fella
16-10-2015, 18:59
But you have to end with that, you just can't help yourself. But I will take your word for it, if we could see our patch notes we would be able to make our own minds up and thats what I was asking in the first place, not how good it is on PS4 or PC

You really do make me laugh I think you have some serious issues mate.
"You just can't help yourself"........Really? ????
Why don't you just grow up and stop making a situation that isn't there?
I was praising SMS and saying that the new patch is great.Your really paranoid and twisting everything I say.
Just look forward to your patch and chill out!!!!

igornoel
16-10-2015, 19:02
5.0 ????????????:confused:

little fella
16-10-2015, 19:09
5.0 ????????????:confused:

Watch out mate some individuals don't like other format users posting on here.For some reason they believe they have the right to tell you what you can and can't say.They get a bit upset.

Sankyo
16-10-2015, 19:34
OK guys, time to go out and get some fresh air. No need to turn yet another thread into a handbagging fiesta.

Roger Prynne
16-10-2015, 19:35
Put your handbags away girls..... and keep it on topic please.

Edit: I've just been Remco'd

little fella
16-10-2015, 19:43
Put your handbags away girls..... and keep it on topic please.

Edit: I've just been Remco'd
Totally agree with you well said!!!!!!

diesel97
16-10-2015, 19:56
Some body needs a snickers

Dynomight Motorsports
17-10-2015, 01:20
I've read about some issues with Weather progression on the PC after patch 5.0, can we expect similar results for the Xbox?

wOoDsTeR16
17-10-2015, 04:29
You really do make me laugh I think you have some serious issues mate.
"You just can't help yourself"........Really? ????
Why don't you just grow up and stop making a situation that isn't there?
I was praising SMS and saying that the new patch is great.Your really paranoid and twisting everything I say.
Just look forward to your patch and chill out!!!!

Paranoid and twisting everything you say?, are you for real. And as for keeping things on topic if you look back through my posts I am trying to keep it on topic, its this mug that's trying to get peoples backs up!

STEELJOCKEY
17-10-2015, 04:33
Now, now, children. Settle down and play nice

wOoDsTeR16
17-10-2015, 04:33
I've read about some issues with Weather progression on the PC after patch 5.0, can we expect similar results for the Xbox?

Thats the main thing I want to know

STEELJOCKEY
17-10-2015, 04:34
Probably, guess we'll find out when the patch drops for us

little fella
17-10-2015, 10:45
Paranoid and twisting everything you say?, are you for real. And as for keeping things on topic if you look back through my posts I am trying to keep it on topic, its this mug that's trying to get peoples backs up!

So even the moderators have quite rightly come on and told us to calm down and get back on topic,you still decide to come back and post more of your garbage and now you are resorting to calling me a MUG.
Mate you are looking at a ban straight in the face.
I have bit my tongue and not resorted to pathetic childish name calling as I am an adult and don't want to stoop down to your infantile level.
Now listen, leave it alone and can we please get back on topic like we have been politely asked to do by the mod's.?

wOoDsTeR16
17-10-2015, 10:54
So even the moderators have quite rightly come on and told us to calm down and get back on topic,you still decide to come back and post more of your garbage and now you are resorting to calling me a MUG.
Mate you are looking at a ban straight in the face.
I have bit my tongue and not resorted to pathetic childish name calling as I am an adult and don't want to stoop down to your infantile level.
Now listen, leave it alone and can we please get back on topic like we have been politely asked to do by the mod's.?

In one ear and out the other. And as I've said, I'm not the one taking it off topic and this topic does not effect you in anyway (You brought a PS4) so you have both your patch and patch notes.

little fella
17-10-2015, 10:57
Oh please for the love of god can someone post the patch notes for this guy?????

wOoDsTeR16
17-10-2015, 10:59
Oh please for the love of god can someone post the patch notes for this guy?????

It would be nice :)

diesel97
17-10-2015, 14:28
It would be nice :)

What does it matter ? It is what it is

wOoDsTeR16
17-10-2015, 14:34
What does it matter ? It is what it is

And just what is it then?, If I knew that I wouldn't be asking.

Dynomight Motorsports
17-10-2015, 15:05
Resets the Time Progression for every session too? Damn that's going to suck!!! Especially since My league has Le Mans coming up. What a Bummer..!! :concern:

Fractured Life
17-10-2015, 15:43

Amazeballs.

d4ninho
18-10-2015, 12:54
the dealy is due to MS testing it , every patch that has been released so far has had a problem and they have sent it back to sms to be fixed/changed.

that is why we have no patch notes or patch yet, MS want to make sure everything from sms is correct before release, judging by the ps/pc replies it is not and many things are broken in a patch thats meant to fix things,lol

Dynomight Motorsports
18-10-2015, 16:11
MS only fixes crash bugs not problems with coding that can cause non-crashing bugs. The 4.0 Patch came out very quickly indicating that it had no issues that needed to be fixed by SMS. So not every patch has issues. MS just likes to take their time as they obviously have more stringent requirements for their consoles.

TAAT GUNA
19-10-2015, 03:56
Just to say that i got new dash 4 days ago and sound bug just dissapear

wOoDsTeR16
19-10-2015, 04:23
Just to say that i got new dash 4 days ago and sound bug just dissapear

I have seen a few people say that now but the new dash has been put back because of its problems :(

TheReaper GT
19-10-2015, 04:38
I have seen a few people say that now but the new dash has been put back because of its problems :(
The audio glitch is hardly fixed, it's just happening in different situations. It do not happen randomly during races, but if you snap something the glitch is worst than before. About the new dash, it's faster but very unstable and the issues are random, some people had wifi problems, some sign in problems, I had nothing.

wOoDsTeR16
19-10-2015, 05:00
The audio glitch is hardly fixed, it's just happening in different situations. It do not happen randomly during races, but if you snap something the glitch is worst than before. About the new dash, it's faster but very unstable and the issues are random, some people had wifi problems, some sign in problems, I had nothing.

For me it happens as and when it likes through a normal race, but saying that, It does seem to hit once you get to the top end of a gear change when the engine is screaming for the next gear.

Akra
19-10-2015, 07:48
If MS send the patch back to SMS to be fixed, then I don't see that as MS fault. I love this game, but it's easily the most broken game I've played in decades. This one even beats Assassins Creed Unity for problems.

morphee7
19-10-2015, 08:12
just a tip sms why dont you pay an outside coder to come in and sort your problems out with the game instead of hiring "cheap as chips" coders who obviously dont know what there doing, i notice they still havnt fixed the brick walll glitch since patch one and doing a test run in a bentley gt3 on dubai gp they still havent fixed the front left tire of death with it only lasting 10 laps before its useless were the other 3 still have well over half tire wear left and dont give me the "its your tire pressures" line when ive tried every setting available

Bealdor
19-10-2015, 08:24
just a tip sms why dont you pay an outside coder to come in and sort your problems out with the game instead of hiring "cheap as chips" coders who obviously dont know what there doing, i notice they still havnt fixed the brick walll glitch since patch one and doing a test run in a bentley gt3 on dubai gp they still havent fixed the front left tire of death with it only lasting 10 laps before its useless were the other 3 still have well over half tire wear left and dont give me the "its your tire pressures" line when ive tried every setting available

Just a tip morphee, don't insult the devs if you want to stay on that forum and/or expect serious answers from them.

Regarding your Dubai GP issue, it's most likely your driving style and not your tire pressures. Dubai has some really fast right hand corners that can easily destroy your FL tire if you're overdriving them.

morphee7
19-10-2015, 08:45
Just a tip morphee, don't insult the devs if you want to stay on that forum and/or expect serious answers from them.

erm can i ask how can it be an insult when im stating something that is clear that there not doing there job properly when the issues still happen which they cant blame MS for when it is across all platforms? for example invisable walls? but if that comment or this one warrents a ban then i shall say good luck in the future and move on

Bealdor
19-10-2015, 08:57
erm can i ask how can it be an insult when im stating something that is clear that there not doing there job properly when the issues still happen which they cant blame MS for when it is across all platforms? for example invisable walls? but if that comment or this one warrents a ban then i shall say good luck in the future and move on

If you can't see that this

...hiring "cheap as chips" coders who obviously dont know what there doing...

is insulting, I have nothing more to add to this.

Regarding that invisible wall issue, if you can't constantly repro a bug it's very hard/almost impossible to fix. Especially when it could be caused by multiple elements (track mesh, micro bumps, car collision mesh, physics, setup issue...).

nissan4ever
19-10-2015, 09:14
example invisable walls?

I've never hit/run into an invisible wall on Project CARS. I got over 700 hrs invested playing the game.

I'm not saying it doesn't happen. I've seen vids on YouTube. I haven't seen it myself while racing. Therefore, maybe it is hard for SMS to fix if it's hard to reproduce.

Bealdor
19-10-2015, 09:18
I've never hit/run into an invisible wall on Project CARS. I got over 700 hrs invested playing the game.

And that's the exact reason why this issue is so hard to fix. Not everyone experiences it and even those who do, can't repro it or hit objects on different places.

TheReaper GT
19-10-2015, 09:31

I'm not saying it doesn't happen. I've seen vids on YouTube. I haven't seen it myself while racing. Therefore, maybe it is hard for SMS to fix if it's hard to reproduce.

Same here, well over 800hrs, not once....

morphee7
19-10-2015, 09:35
ok for example was doing an endurance race online in a private lobby on silverstone 58 laps,
tire wear slow
fuel real
time x5
weather light cloud

it happened to me in a bmw z4. it also happened to two others in the z4 it also happened to someone in the bentley, i was also in a race with woodster in an endurance race and it happened to him

morphee7
19-10-2015, 09:39
and as for the front left tire wear/overheating your saying its down to the track being harsh on the right turns, so why dont it effect the rear left???

Bealdor
19-10-2015, 09:49
and as for the front left tire wear/overheating your saying its down to the track being harsh on the right turns, so why dont it effect the rear left???

Most drivers tend to "overturn" when the car goes a bit understeery in fast corners. This leads to the front tires scrubbing, resulting in more tire wear.
Rear tires are not so prone to high wear unless you're very agressive on the gas and/or are using a very oversteery car setup.

Edit: I'm not trying to imply that you're a bad driver.

KkDrummer
19-10-2015, 10:10
I got the invisible wall glitch once - been playing Pcars since day one...it was quite amusing, but I understand it can be frustrating having it all the time...

About tire wear at Dubai...I did a 19 lap and a 28 lap race at this track yesterday...first race: I qualified first in the Aston GTE. Race was a different story though. AI was so much faster on the straights and I was having problems to hold them back so ended up braking too late in several occasions and as a result I constantly had my tires red (too warm) and wear was too high. The AI didn't pitstop at all, but half way through the race I had to as my front tires were destroyed. Second race I took a different approach and never flat spotted my tires and in the high speed corners I would keep the car on the racing line without pushing the tires too hard (letting it off the gas and let the wheel go back to central position as soon as possible), as a result I had to stop only once in a much longer race with the AI also stopping once.....until then I hadn't noticed how easily you can destroy your tires....another awesome feature PCars offers!

wOoDsTeR16
19-10-2015, 10:17

Most drivers tend to "overturn" when the car goes a bit understeery in fast corners. This leads to the front tires scrubbing, resulting in more tire wear.
Rear tires are not so prone to high wear unless you're very agressive on the gas and/or are using a very oversteery car setup.

What hes saying is right mate, I have been having the same problem in the LMP1 P30 atm where the front left is cooking. If you think about it, when you turn the wheel right the first thing that happens is the front left suspension digs down hence more pressure on the tier and the back don't get as much pressure. Personally I have never had the problem with any of the back tiers overheating. But as for the brick wall its happened to me 3 times, 2 of them I actually posted videos up and its always been in the Z4, twice on Silverstone inter and again on Monza.

wOoDsTeR16
19-10-2015, 10:21
Here are the 2 vids

https://youtu.be/v9HH-aaH07Y

https://youtu.be/-YQwJ7P_rFY

Fractured Life
19-10-2015, 17:47
Here are the 2 vids

https://youtu.be/v9HH-aaH07Y

https://youtu.be/-YQwJ7P_rFY

First time I remembered to stop laughing and ask Xbox to record...

http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/Fractured%20Life/video/12345932#

wOoDsTeR16
19-10-2015, 18:45
First time I remembered to stop laughing and ask Xbox to record...

http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/Fractured%20Life/video/12345932#

That won't play for me mate

Bealdor
22-10-2015, 12:14
Patch notes are available now: http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?41163-Project-CARS-Xbox-One-Patch-5-0-Release-Notes

Patch will go live today.

Fredouye
22-10-2015, 13:52
Patch is live in France. 2.3 Gb !

Dynomight Motorsports
22-10-2015, 17:27
Yep! Time Progression and Weather Resets Every Session... Need a new Event Planner Bealdor.. :(

Umer Ahmad
22-10-2015, 18:26
Patch notes are available now: http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?41163-Project-CARS-Xbox-One-Patch-5-0-Release-Notes

Patch will go live today.

CLOSED.

Please discuss in the link parch thread.