PDA

View Full Version : Customized pedals. (Do they exist)

Gravit8
14-10-2015, 05:20
Oops edit: stupid title. Of course they do. I mean custom software for them.

My set of pedals don't register brake input as easily as I would like for very slight two foot breaking into corners.
It got me thinking
Has anyone ever had a setting on expensive or high end pedals for sensitivity or other adjustments?
Kind of like exponential settings on a receiver for a remote control car?
Where the steering reacts differently at the limit of steering compared to minor inputs.

My pedals (t300 base) register as center negative. What does that mean? And what do other pedal sets register that's different?

If it doesn't just sit here. I'd like to talk more about pedal sets and a good mid level set. That has a very positive feel immediately. I like to barely drag the break a little into corners, but it doesn't register anything at the initial movement, then when it does, it comes on too quickly for my taste.

Edit: I also realize you can accomplish similar things mechanically with springs or foam.
But I'm looking for the software answer as well as a good set with really positive feel for first half of travel. I assume that might be center positive.
But hopefully someone can clarify.

Haiden
14-10-2015, 15:24
Did you try lowering your brake sensitivity? Sounds like that would do what you're trying do.

Gravit8
14-10-2015, 22:23
Did you try lowering your brake sensitivity? Sounds like that would do what you're trying do.

Thanks. Maybe I'll try that and see.