PDA

View Full Version : expansion packs

theothermexico
14-10-2015, 08:53
Will there ever be proper expansions? In either pcars 1 or 2?

While I don't mind a single track and a handful of cars, I would love to see a full expansion.
For example, v8 supercars, have an expansion with all of the cars and tracks, whether it's current spec only or current + the legendary cars and tracks of yesteryear. Who wouldn't love to jump into brockys a9x or moffs Xb? And to run around tracks like Oran park or lakeside?
I would happily pay $50+ for that.

But will there ever be the possibility of such large expansions?

Even if it was split into regions, such as an Australian pack or a north American pack, etc.

At the other end of the scale, it would be awesome if we could buy cars from each pack individually, surely that would turn a profit? There's bound to be tons of players that only want lmp1 or gt3 or road cars that don't buy packs because they only want a single car.

Sorry if there's a better place for this thread, just letting my mind wander between qualifying sessions

Sorry for my bad English.. I'm Australian

Gherkin44
14-10-2015, 09:40
I agree, it would be nice to see more consistent expansion packs or DLC as opposed to a handful of random cars. I would prefer a GT3 pack, WTCC pack, Ferrari pack etc in order to flesh out racing series. I think that would be more fun than a couple of road cars that are only really useful in invitational events or time trial.

azidahaka
14-10-2015, 10:36
You can dig a few post below my dlc direction topic and bring it up. I hope we'll get some words from those that matter.

Mahjik
14-10-2015, 15:38
I believe you'll see larger packs coming in the near future, but I wouldn't expect "racing series" packs as we haven't seen licenses announced for entire racing series.

Shinzah
14-10-2015, 15:40
I believe you'll see larger packs coming in the near future, but I wouldn't expect "racing series" packs as we haven't seen licenses announced for entire racing series.

...Indycar.

snipeme77
14-10-2015, 15:46

NAS (ish) CAR in the Ford NASCAR that's coming. But yeah, I hope/wish racing series packs would come.

Mahjik
14-10-2015, 16:24
...Indycar.

Technically, the license announced was for the car and the Indy 500 track (so the event, not the series).

Shinzah
14-10-2015, 16:31
Technically, the license announced was for the car and the Indy 500 track (so the event, not the series).

It was for the full field of Indy 500 competitors though, which is actually around 13 more cars than the (also included) full season teams, and would require the Indycar branding to sign off on it.

So while we may not see all of the liveries and tracks represented. It is still definitely a license of the series. Unless by 'Series' you are explicitly stating the entire season representation.

Pink_650S
14-10-2015, 16:36
While l agree on such large expansions and l would also welcome them, l would NEVER pay 50€+ for them, 15€ max.

Mahjik
14-10-2015, 16:52
Unless by 'Series' you are explicitly stating the entire season representation.

Series by definition implies more than one event. But yes, they are expecting to have the real competitor names and liveries (as I understand it from the announcement) for the Indy 500 race.

Shinzah
14-10-2015, 16:56
Series by definition implies more than one event. But yes, they are expecting to have the real competitor names and liveries (as I understand it from the announcement) for the Indy 500 race.

But Sonoma, Though ^^;

Even a year ahead (atm) by having Road America too ^^;

FS7
14-10-2015, 17:04
Is the Indy road course included or is it just the oval?

Chiraq
14-10-2015, 17:06
License this please http://www.blancpain-gt-series.com/
or this http://history.fiagt.com/

or maybe this onehttp://www.worldseriesbyrenault.com/-Formula-Renault-3-5-Series-174-.html?lang=fr

:))

Wayfastwhitey26
14-10-2015, 17:10
...Indycar.

Still waiting patiently for it...just waiting...220312

Shinzah
14-10-2015, 17:13
Still waiting patiently for it...just waiting...220312

Mahjik
14-10-2015, 17:38
Is the Indy road course included or is it just the oval?

I don't believe it's known yet...

ranman
14-10-2015, 17:39
I would rather see what we already have work properly before any more expansion packs :(

theothermexico
15-10-2015, 06:57
Just keep in mind, two years of dlc is a long time!
There could have been anything picked up secretly just prior to launch or very soon after that could be added later on.

Although I will admit I have no idea how long it takes to develop a single car/track so it may just be wishful thinking on my behalf.

But who knows what suprises sms is hiding just waiting for the right time to drop on us

Pappa_Stig
15-10-2015, 07:07
or maybe this onehttp://www.worldseriesbyrenault.com/-Formula-Renault-3-5-Series-174-.html?lang=fr

:))

I think you may be in for a pleasant surprise ;)

Cheesenium
15-10-2015, 08:16
I think you may be in for a pleasant surprise ;)

I hope you are right, I do want 3.5 in pcars.

Maybe RS01 too.