PDA

View Full Version : What's been fixed after this last update?

VR-Mustard
14-10-2015, 11:36
After spending 30 mins to download this last patch my question is.. What has this actually fixed??

Still the lobby crashed after we finished racing twice and ffb on the wheels are still not working properly? Invisible wall bugs yep we had them all last night.. It's an absolute disgrace how these companies keep releasing patch after patch with absolutely no changes or bug fixes.. Just taking up more of my hard drive space.

Has this last patch fixed anything??

VR-Mustard
14-10-2015, 11:40
I ask because atm we can't use tyre wear, we can't use the pits and correct me if I'm wrong but aren't we playing a racing sim? Crazy just crazy.. Problem is that this invisible wall shit is inbeded into the game engine and can't be fixed.. What worries me more is the fact that the same bugs will be present in pcars 2.. Tell me that I'm wrong

Fre.Mo
14-10-2015, 12:09
The patch notes says:
* Resolved more retail crashes.
but SMS should provide which cases have been solved...

VR-Mustard
14-10-2015, 12:15
We had 3 different rooms up last night and in each room there where the same bugs present in all 3 rooms. Such an inconvenience having to keep remaking the lobby because it keeps crashing at the end of the racing. The loss of ffb etc should have been fixed a long time ago. Ridiculous.

Sankyo
14-10-2015, 13:19
Has this last patch fixed anything??
Did you read the patch release notes?

VR-Mustard
14-10-2015, 15:36
Exactly.. All I've done is download more cars and tracks that will need to be unlocked by another pointless DLC.. No fix for bugs no attempt to address the game breaking bugs.. No just another chance to cash in on a very broken game.

VR-Mustard
14-10-2015, 15:51
I know that i don't speak for the majority but i do speak for all the serious simracing enthusiast that are using the PS4 and the Xbox.. This game can't be taken as a serious simracing title and especially for ESports when we have invisible walls on the track the loss of ffb just as the race starts. This is crazy just crazy.. Please please please address these bugs.

Liquid7394
14-10-2015, 17:13
I know that i don't speak for the majority but i do speak for all the serious simracing enthusiast that are using the PS4 and the Xbox..
No you don't.

Aizcold
14-10-2015, 17:14
It seems you need to find a way to relax again, Captain Mustard. I have just the thing for it.... Relaaaaaaax :D

http://youtu.be/PGYAAsHT4QE

Schnizz58
14-10-2015, 17:28
Pitstops and (likely) the dip-and-flip/landmine bug. Those two alone are worth the price of admission.

Umer Ahmad
14-10-2015, 20:46
http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?40825-Pitstops-Post-Patch-5-0-Wow!

hkraft300
15-10-2015, 05:32
Dip/Flip/land mine/invisible wall bug has been found and fixed, apparently. It was found just before the 4.0 release. I think Casey said it's going through testing, as well the tire model changes, both I think coming in patch 6.0
I've done 6-8 online sprints in different cars and tracks. A few hours offline testing and tuning. Haven't had a problem.

OP have you tried changing the host of the lobby? I've seen a poor connection on the host's part cause instability.
I can also confirm accelerated tire wear DOES work (it was never out of action).

thegt500
15-10-2015, 06:35
I have issues with stability after nearly every pCARS patch so now I just rebuild the PS4's database and it seems to fix it. I've read that in some cases, the previous patch can sometimes sort of stay in memory and 'bleed through' causing issues ?
Anyways, try a rebuild, nothing to lose by trying.

https://support.us.playstation.com/articles/en_US/KC_Article/Safe-Mode-PS4/

VR-Mustard
15-10-2015, 10:41
So your telling me that there's no invisible wall bugs? There's no wheel grinding bug?

Give me 1h and ill come back here with a replay taken from last night's racing that will say different.

Sankyo
15-10-2015, 10:56
... No fix for bugs no attempt to address the game breaking bugs..
And how do you know about what the devs are doing and what they are attempting to fix? Do you have insight in how the devs spend their time, how they prioritize bug fixing and how much effort it takes to fix certain bugs? If not, then I'd suggest to lay off the judgments.

Bealdor
15-10-2015, 10:58
Dip&Flip bug seems indeed to be fixed along with various other issues (pit stops for example). Apparently performance got improved too.

Landmines and FFB loss aren't, simply because they're hard to be reproduced/located.

Saying that nothing got fixed and they just want to "cash in" is simply not true Freddy.

VR-Mustard
15-10-2015, 11:05
Another thing we had to remake the room again at the end of the race because someone jumped to spectator mode and unfortunately froze the room AGAIN.

Or did all 16 drivers imagine this bug to... FACT a lot of bugs still exists in this game. FACT I spent 30 yesterday down loading future DLC. To say that 16 grown fellers in a room are all telling lies about having wheel clipping bugs and hitting a invisible walls is disgraceful and later today ill get everyone of them to come on here a post there frustration in regards to all these bugs you've so called fixed.

VR-Mustard
15-10-2015, 11:08
The wheel clipping bug is the main one for me has its got to be breaking my wheel. Agreed the performance has improved but these bugs.. COME ON GUYS

Bealdor
15-10-2015, 11:11
FACT a lot of bugs still exists in this game.

Show me the dev post that says all bugs are fixed.

FACT I spent 30 yesterday down loading future DLC.

What you downloaded were recompiled track files and only a small part of DLC files, which btw. allow you to drive those DLC cars in MP even if you haven't bought it.

To say that 16 grown fellers in a room are all telling lies about having wheel clipping bugs and hitting a invisible walls is disgraceful and later today ill get everyone of them to come on here a post there frustration in regards to all these bugs you've so called fixed.

Again, show me the dev post that says that all of these issues are fixed and you'Re friends are lying.

Your childish and agressive attitude gets really tiring Freddy and definitely does not help to get those bugs fixed any faster.

VR-Mustard
15-10-2015, 11:13
The same guys who jump every time i post! A question to you.. Do you by any chance race this game on the PC or the PS4?

Bealdor
15-10-2015, 11:16
The same guys who jump every time i post in an overly aggressive manner!

FTFY

Do you by any chance race this game on the PC or the PS4?

Check my platform of choice under my avatar. ;)

VR-Mustard
15-10-2015, 11:16
Bealdor.. So what been fixed bug wise since this last update????????? Because that was the original question?

TrevorAustin
15-10-2015, 11:17
So your telling me that there's no invisible wall bugs? There's no wheel grinding bug?

Give me 1h and ill come back here with a replay taken from last night's racing that will say different.

30 minutes to go :)

Bealdor
15-10-2015, 11:19
Bealdor.. So what been fixed bug wise since this last update????????? Because that was the original question?

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?40783-Project-CARS-PS4-Patch-5-0-Release-Notes

VR-Mustard
15-10-2015, 11:20
Not trying to be an arse hole im simply stating that this game has been out for quite a while now and STILL these main bugs are in the game... I think me venting my frustration is just.

VR-Mustard
15-10-2015, 11:23
Wheel clipping, not crashing when someone jumped to spectator mode and invisible wall bug fixed will = a very happy Mustard

Fre.Mo
15-10-2015, 11:24
Dip&Flip bug seems indeed to be fixed along with various other issues (pit stops for example). Apparently performance got improved too.

Landmines and FFB loss aren't, simply because they're hard to be reproduced/located.

Saying that nothing got fixed and they just want to "cash in" is simply not true Freddy.

Maybe when we will be able to record telemetry data, it will be easier for devs to debug. During my previous ps4 crash I really felt it was due to the suspension/dampers model (the car was bottoming out during the hill climb in Spa and the console froze)...

Bealdor
15-10-2015, 11:29
Not trying to be an arse hole im simply stating that this game has been out for quite a while now and STILL these main bugs are in the game... I think me venting my frustration is just.

I know where you're coming from mate and I really feel your pain, believe me.
I'm just trying to tell you that getting your point across in a, let's say... less emotional way is the better way to get useful responses.

_MB_
15-10-2015, 11:30
Look guys Mus is just venting his frustrations with the game as he is very passionate about giving his members the best possibly experience with league racing but its being held back with theses bugs.Just like most leagues we are restricted and trying to work around the bugs and even with doing that guys will spend hours practising,setting up the car etc to then get their race ruined by ffb bugs and invisible walls.As i said he is passionate about sim racing providing leagues and wants to take things to the next level but can't until certain things are fixed so im sure you can understand the frustration?

Bealdor
15-10-2015, 11:31
Maybe when we will be able to record telemetry data, it will be easier for devs to debug. During my previous ps4 crash I really felt it was due to the suspension/dampers model (the car was bottoming out during the hill climb in Spa and the console froze)...

Every bit will help to fix more of those crashes to home screen mate. Please post your videos here if you can capture anything: http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?37281-PS4-Crash-to-Home-Screen-After-Patch-3-0

chig88
15-10-2015, 11:33

I was under the impression that FFB loss had been fixed? I'm sure it was in the patch notes for 4.0 (or maybe 3.0). Stated something like loss of FFB under large impacts had been sorted.

I've hit a few small landmines since that patch & haven't lost FFB like I did previously. Obviously now I've said that it'll happen during league races on Sunday :(.

_MB_
15-10-2015, 11:39
I was under the impression that FFB loss had been fixed? I'm sure it was in the patch notes for 4.0 (or maybe 3.0). Stated something like loss of FFB under large impacts had been sorted.

I've hit a few small landmines since that patch & haven't lost FFB like I did previously. Obviously now I've said that it'll happen during league races on Sunday :(.

The ones we get are not from impacts some have lost all FFB just from exiting the pits but more commonly its the FFb being replaced with the crazy wheel vibrations which seem completely random.

Sankyo
15-10-2015, 11:44

I think the current FFB loss issue that's being investigated is when (re-)starting events.

chig88
15-10-2015, 11:45
The ones we get are not from impacts some have lost all FFB just from exiting the pits but more commonly its the FFb being replaced with the crazy wheel vibrations which seem completely random.

Yes the vibrating wheel (or canned FFB bug) is still there, as is the occasional lack of FFB when exiting the pits - but I'm talking specifically about the loss of FFB when hitting a landmine. I think that has been fixed.

I'm finding that the only way around the canned FFB bug is to restart the session (usually twice, which is weird) and the only way around the lack of FFB when exiting the pits is to unplug & reconnect the wheel.

Not sure if it helps anyone, but the only time I've had the lack of FFB when exiting the pits is when I've turned on or plugged in the wheel AFTER turning on the PS4. Make sure you connect the wheel to the PS4, turn the wheel on & only then turn the console on.

VR-Mustard
15-10-2015, 11:47
It's not a loss of ffb lol... It's a buzzing and vibration on the wheels before we start the race and because we don't have the simple option to just jump back into the lobby we have to race the full race with the wheel feeling like it's about to break.

VR-Mustard
15-10-2015, 11:50
Chig.. Restart the session as in getting everyone to just jump back to spectator mode or actually remaking the room twice?? Because i really would appreciate a workaround for this one.

chig88
15-10-2015, 11:53
Chig.. Restart the session as in getting everyone to just jump back to spectator mode or actually remaking the room twice?? Because i really would appreciate a workaround for this one.

If it happens during a race I think the only option would be to back out to the menu and restart the lobby.

When I say restarting the session twice I'm talking purely about practice sessions or time trials. Previously restarting the session once was enough to get rid of it - now you seem to need to do it twice for some reason.

Sankyo
15-10-2015, 11:59
Look guys Mus is just venting his frustrations with the game as he is very passionate about giving his members the best possibly experience with league racing but its being held back with theses bugs.Just like most leagues we are restricted and trying to work around the bugs and even with doing that guys will spend hours practising,setting up the car etc to then get their race ruined by ffb bugs and invisible walls.As i said he is passionate about sim racing providing leagues and wants to take things to the next level but can't until certain things are fixed so im sure you can understand the frustration?
Still, being passionate and frustrated doesn't warrant posting false accusations towards the devs. If you're frustrated, just say you're frustrated, instead of blaming the devs of not trying to fix things.

Bealdor
15-10-2015, 12:02
Not sure if it helps anyone, but the only time I've had the lack of FFB when exiting the pits is when I've turned on or plugged in the wheel AFTER turning on the PS4. Make sure you connect the wheel to the PS4, turn the wheel on & only then turn the console on.

It would be great if anyone could confirm or deny this workaround. This could be a big help for the devs to find the root of this issue.

VR-Mustard
15-10-2015, 12:02
All these mods and it took one person a couple of sentences to help.. Thank you chig ill try this also i do think this buzzing, clippings got something to do with whoever is hosting the room (not the bugs in general like the mods are trying to say) as I'm with virgin and get 80meg most of the time, but every week it seems to happen to me. It's so frustrating. Will try this tonight and report back. Thanks again chig.

_MB_
15-10-2015, 12:08
Still, being passionate and frustrated doesn't warrant posting false accusations towards the devs. If you're frustrated, just say you're frustrated, instead of blaming the devs of not trying to fix things.

Likewise responding like Your childish and aggressive attitude is not the best way to respond to a customer!

vahagn_hayk
15-10-2015, 12:21

Remco, there is a tone to reply, especially in your position. (although only a WMD member, but with so much under your belt, you should have better quality responses)

vahagn_hayk
15-10-2015, 12:35
agree with i, still have invisible wall on watkin glen after pit lane up hill if u stiffen/ lower suspension, lmp1, 2 and gt3. also when u tune a lot with rebound(dampers), camber and toe on all tracks, causes blue screen/ black screen/ freezing. (sonoma, watkins, spa, hockenheim and road america tested) whatever the problem I think physics related and 10% connectivity issues as long as all based on peer-to-peer. (i think most issues would go away if there were dedicated working servers, see this topic...in PC section!) nevertheless game has become better regardless and patches continue to be released, so kudos to hardworking devs!

VR-Mustard
15-10-2015, 12:38
Guys it's cool.. Im frustrated mods because if you bothered taking a look at what it is that im trying to achieve with www.VRroom.org then you would realise that i put a lot more into this game than any of you. Mods on here have always had a bad attitude and that's why i speak to them with the same tone.

All you guys who know me you all know how passionate i am towards pcars and the success it deserves.
Just wanted to know whats being done in regards to fixing this game so that guys like myself can really run with pcars and help make this game the flagship simracing title of the future.

VR-Mustard
15-10-2015, 12:40
And no before someone jumps on this im not trying to promote my site.

VR-Mustard
15-10-2015, 12:52
https://youtu.be/j-afF1amofQ

Here you go btw.. Like i said.. NOT FIXED this race was from last night. Sorry i have no telemetry etc to help here but i posted this to show the Devs

Sankyo
15-10-2015, 12:57
Mods on here have always had a bad attitude and that's why i speak to them with the same tone.

I'm sorry, but this is just nonsense. Mods and devs never started the aggressive attitude, it's a certain group of people who don't know how to word their thoughts who got responded in style.

Sankyo
15-10-2015, 12:58

Here you go btw.. Like i said.. NOT FIXED this race was from last night. Sorry i have no telemetry etc to help here but i posted this to show the Devs
Was the problem mentioned in the patch release notes to have been fixed?

Franco Ferrari
15-10-2015, 12:58
And no before someone jumps on this im not trying to promote my site.

I beg to differ.

VR-Mustard
15-10-2015, 13:10
I can see once again we're getting nowhere with this thread.. Simple fact of the matter like ive previous stated some of the mods (not all of them) just don't like vrroom

Bealdor.. I will try this remaking the room workaround over the next 4 days or so to make sure. Hopefully this works because for me this is my main gripe with the game atm. Please please please let this work and if it does chig I'm gonna kiss you x

vahagn_hayk
15-10-2015, 13:16
I'm sorry, but this is just nonsense. Mods and devs never started the aggressive attitude, it's a certain group of people who don't know how to word their thoughts who got responded in style.
Moderation as a Moderator, is plain and simple, NO STYLE requires and wrong place in a forum belonging to a company selling "products" for profit. there are many incidents here in the forum where surely legal actions could start something, but that just shows lack of knowledge by people/ community members posting, u guys (WMD) members who are Mods and etc...anyways thin ice nowadays online stuff! not the good old "internet" days.
but regardless, I do think Mods have to be more careful and more political, like it or not Remco...any style you refer to is out of place, plain and simple. OP...however is tone is, searching for his name and etc...well brings up a lot of interesting things, so whoever can put 1&1 together will form his/ her own opinion. and that's bottom line, no need for Mods or WMD (who sometimes think they are above other "normal" members) to offend users. (plenty of that also when u search forum!)

rams1de
Guys it's cool.. Im frustrated mods because if you bothered taking a look at what it is that im trying to achieve with www.VRroom.org then you would realise that i put a lot more into this game than any of you. Mods on here have always had a bad attitude and that's why i speak to them with the same tone.

All you guys who know me you all know how passionate i am towards pcars and the success it deserves.
Just wanted to know whats being done in regards to fixing this game so that guys like myself can really run with pcars and help make this game the flagship simracing title of the future.

Do you run your club with the same level of hypocrisy as you've shown here?

This forum has given you an opportunity to promote your club (which has been abused in the past by Vroom team members spamming other league's thread).

The patch notes are published where they always are, and helpful forum members are providing devs with valuable feedback by posting details that can be used to assist the de-bugging process. Confirmed fixes and non-fixes are being documented, you're clearly aware of this.

With the above in mind, your thread becomes a disingenuous rant and, given your prejudiced view of the mods in this post, it's hard not to take it as open provocation.

Btw, I'm frustrated at the state of online too. So frustrated, I decided in June that I'd wait until SMS get it fixed along with adding the features needed to provide a good multiplayer experience at casual level as well as for league racing - still waiting.

Bealdor
I can see once again we're getting nowhere with this thread.. Simple fact of the matter like ive previous stated some of the mods (not all of them) just don't like vrroom

Once again, that's simply not true.

Bealdor.. I will try this remaking the room workaround over the next 4 days or so to make sure. Hopefully this works because for me this is my main gripe with the game atm. Please please please let this work and if it does chig I'm gonna kiss you x

Please, also try this potential workaround/fix for the FFB issues:

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?40806-What-s-been-fixed-after-this-last-update&p=1148620&viewfull=1#post1148620

Sankyo
15-10-2015, 13:57
Moderation as a Moderator, is plain and simple, NO STYLE requires and wrong place in a forum belonging to a company selling "products" for profit.
That may be your opinion, but it's not your forum and not your rules. It's our opinion that people should word their opinions decently in the first place, and we are not going to stay 'corporately-friendly' just because people are customers and should get away with any aggressive and rude behaviour.

there are many incidents here in the forum where surely legal actions could start something, but that just shows lack of knowledge by people/ community members posting,
I'm confused, are you saying that people could/should start a legal procedure because of some bickering on a hobby internet forum? Surely grown-up people have better things to do with their lives?

but regardless, I do think Mods have to be more careful and more political, like it or not Remco...any style you refer to is out of place, plain and simple.
All moderators here are volunteers and not professional moderators or part of SMS. They'll use any style as long as SMS is fine with it.

Jinobi
15-10-2015, 13:58
Reading the first couple of pages of the following thread:
http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?40580-Project-CARS-PC-Patch-5-0-Release-Notes I was under the impression this issue was fixed:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j-afF1amofQ

Elmo

"This fix affects all cars. Examples for the Dip and Flip bug can be found here.
The wandering we found on the 320 seemed to have the same root cause like the D&F. "

Liquid7394
15-10-2015, 14:01
mods (not all of them) just don't like vrroom

Liquid7394
15-10-2015, 14:03
http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?40580-Project-CARS-PC-Patch-5-0-Release-Notes I was under the impression this issue was fixed:

Elmo

"This fix affects all cars. Examples for the Dip and Flip bug can be found here.
The wandering we found on the 320 seemed to have the same root cause like the D&F. "
I think that's a different issue.

VR-Mustard
15-10-2015, 14:06
Lol would be.

VR-Mustard
15-10-2015, 14:12

Elmo

Yep me to and thats why im so frustrated when after over 6 months these bugs are still here. How can we race with bugs like this?

VR-Mustard
15-10-2015, 14:20
In the other thread everyone of you are congratulating one another saying this bugs been eradicated but it's clearly not the case but once again an opportunity was taken to jump on either me personally or my website. Post your slurs and videos all you want. It's a simple matter of FACT just look back through this thread.

I read that this bug was fixed and after spending 30 minutes down loading the patch (DLC) it was still present?? That's why i made this thread.

Bealdor
15-10-2015, 14:27
I read that this bug was fixed...

Where? I haven't seen a single dev confirming that the landmine/invisible wall issues are fixed.
They hoped that the fix that killed the Dip&Flip bug could have also removed the landmines but that's unfortunately not the case.

VR-Mustard
15-10-2015, 14:46
Look the question was what's been fixed, major bug wise since this last update and the clear answer is nothing. The 3 main bugs are
1# invisible wall or whatever you want to call it.
2# The ffb buzzing/vibration before starting a race resulting in many people sending their wheels back for repair etc (which is just ludicrous)
3# Having to remake the rooms after every race because one person switched to spectator mode.

These are the game breaking bugs that I'm referring to because atm this game is only half finished. FACT!

Fong74
15-10-2015, 15:05

It would be great if anyone could confirm or deny this workaround. This could be a big help for the devs to find the root of this issue.

Ill try this tonight as this is a combination I was never using so far. I also believe that there could be a relation between the start-up sequence and the stability of the game/FFB

My sequence is usually:
1. Turn PS4 on
2. Log in
3. Wait till all is loaded up on the dashboard
4. Turn the wheel on and let it finish its boot-up sequence
5. Start pCars
6. Press X-button on my wheel when prompted on welcome-screen
(7. I never use the controller while ingame, only the wheel; except for naming a pit strategy of course)
(8. I never move the wheel or press the pedals during loading screens etc, only when it is activated on track; of course I use the pedals to navigate the menues)

Alternatively you could try:
1. Turn PS4 on
2. Log in
3. Wait till all is loaded up on the dashboard
4. Start pCars and wait till the welcome-screen appears
5. Turn the wheel on and let it finish its boot-up sequence
6. Press X-button on my wheel as prompted

VR-42
15-10-2015, 15:12
Sorry sms but I am loosing faith. The feedback bug that causes my wheel to vibrate is worrying me. Every time I get it I now stop and exit the race because as an unpaid carer I cant afford to replace my wheel if it get broken.
I have been loving the game, and I have been loving racing with vrroom, the racing is top draw stuff but not loving having to keep pulling out of races because of this, The other bugs I can live with (just) but not this one.
I need to consider my evenings entertainment. whether to continue with this of move to another sim. Which I cant afford to do.

Liquid7394
15-10-2015, 15:13
Look the question was what's been fixed
And that question was answered.

READ. THE. PATCH. NOTES.

diesel97
15-10-2015, 15:14
I thought the landmines and dip & flip were the same thing ? The suspension windes up like a top then releases and looks like you drove over a bomb.

I hope it gets fixed but i think the odds are against it , some of the WMD guys said its been around for years

rams1de
15-10-2015, 15:14
Look the question was what's been fixed, major bug wise since this last update and the clear answer is nothing. The 3 main bugs are
1# invisible wall or whatever you want to call it.
2# The ffb buzzing/vibration before starting a race resulting in many people sending their wheels back for repair etc (which is just ludicrous)
3# Having to remake the rooms after every race because one person switched to spectator mode.

These are the game breaking bugs that I'm referring to because atm this game is only half finished. FACT!

There's no claim to any of those issues being fixed, as a brief glance through the patch notes informs you.

Don't you think you'll be better served by contributing to the threads raising issues #2 and #3? Provide some useful detail for the devs (I seem to recall a promise of a video) and if those threads have not been linked to the Known Issues Collective stickied above, a gentle nudge to one the mods might see it listed. Devs are far more likely to check up on that thread than wade through pages of whining.

diesel97
15-10-2015, 15:16
And that question was answered.

READ. THE. PATCH. NOTES.

Are you saying because its in the patch notes means its FIXED ?

Schnizz58
15-10-2015, 15:18

I thought "landmine" and "dip & flip" were one & the same. Not so?

Fight-Test
15-10-2015, 15:21
I will make a effort to helps since we run large rooms with long races and rarely have issues on ps4.

First understand that this game is pushing the system to the max.

*Make sure your no one in lobby has any other apps open
*Make sure no one is streaming. This is a big no-no as it will create lag for everyone. If you wanna record use a external device or use the ps function to save the last 10 mins
*Never unplug the wheel from ps4 while its on in any way (power,rest) Some wheels seem to work fine if you do this but other will lose the FFB
*if you don't leave wheel plugged in all the time make sure you plug it in to ps4 before you turn ps4 on or can get lose of ffb and have to restart ps4 for it to come back
*Never use the rest mode (while wheel is plugged in). If it goes into rest, turn it off and unplug wheel and plug back in then restart. This will cause ffb loss on some wheels
*Always always always connect your wheel to your psn account before opening the pcars app every time. This can cause no ffb or non calibrated wheel
*Always always always use your wheel and not your controller to hit x on the main Screen the first time (this may of been fixed and maybe was only a thrustmaster issue)
*Always calibrate your wheel when you get on. It takes 20 seconds to do wheel and pedals. Yea it gets old but you know that you will be good from the first race
*Early on when the patches came out you had to do a hard control reset for the ffb setting to take place. This might still be the case as its recommended by the all the ffb guys. If you have never done this then you might be having some legacy issues with ffb settings and feel. This could be a big help and make the wheel feel even better. Grimeydog is reporting a change in the ffb with new patch after control restart.
*The issue with the game not ending after clock run down comes from the host retiring to pit. Yes, it does happen once in a blue moon when the host doesn't but other do. Tell your guys to drive to pit(sim) and not retire to pit. You wont be able to spectate but you wont have issues. We couldn't spectate when the game came out anyway so no big deal till they fix it.

Im not 100% sure what if any differences with landmine/dip and whatever bugs and which issues come from the suspension which is supposed to be the cause but the workaround was to scrap a wall or pit. Not ideal when your trying to run serious races. We have been running longer races for a while using 3x tire wear (Muticlass-GT3 and LMP2). This would make the GT3's have to pit between 9 and 12 laps on softs first stints most tracks and can run longer on following stints (2 to 3 stops a race). Most of the cars(GT3) seem to start to explode around 20 to 25 so this removed the issue for us. Before this patch you could only put on softs in the pit so there wasnt much strategy to it but balanced as everyone had to take softs. Now its all working in the pits and the race strategy has really opened up. We have run 5 races 45 laps or more since saturday(before the patch) and had two guys drop from black screens on sat (none since patch) and had a weird one tuesday night after patch where a guy dropped out and came back in and he had his car and a ghost car on track. That was a new one for us. Most likely some kind of internet issues as he had just dropped from room.

Hopefully this stuff helps and stay positive you have a large group of racers you are responsible for and they need leader. I appreciate that you making a attempt to run a organized league but this poor me thing your doing acting like everyone is to get you or your site is silly. I don't even see any insults to you or your site. If you want better communication with the mods or sms or whatever start by speaking them to them in a different way. The way you say things not what your saying is why the responses are often not what you wanna hear.

Oh, please stop saying things like you speak for all serious sim racers, it takes away from your credibility.

Good luck and hope some of this helps.

Bealdor
15-10-2015, 15:28
I thought "landmine" and "dip & flip" were one & the same. Not so?

No, they're different issues.

Liquid7394
15-10-2015, 15:29
Are you saying because its in the patch notes means its FIXED ?
That's the idea. If it isn't fixed then provide the devs with concrete proof that it isn't.

Schnizz58
15-10-2015, 15:32
No, they're different issues.
What's landmine then, if you don't mind me asking?

vahagn_hayk
15-10-2015, 15:36
That may be your opinion, but it's not your forum and not your rules. It's our opinion that people should word their opinions decently in the first place, and we are not going to stay 'corporately-friendly' just because people are customers and should get away with any aggressive and rude behaviour.

I'm confused, are you saying that people could/should start a legal procedure because of some bickering on a hobby internet forum? Surely grown-up people have better things to do with their lives?

All moderators here are volunteers and not professional moderators or part of SMS. They'll use any style as long as SMS is fine with it.

to the 1st paragraph: we as customers paid a company for a product, they sold and advertised, it did not include you as a WMD member...so will just leave it at that. also here rules apply, you should go and educate yourself about companies running forums and their mods, or maybe contact a lawyer who can carefully explain it to you, and maybe you will think about your post before you hit "SUBMIT REPLY". Customer/ Client is king, no matter what, you like or not as SMS, bad luck, you took money profited from it, that's the rule, especially in the EU!!! (will leave it here at that, you have the least to say actually as a WMD member here, so more like hot air....you are not even employed by SMS...)
to the 2nd paragraph: firstly hobby maybe for you, but for some people in this world paying for a game is hard earned money, maybe you are well off and don't give a **** about money, but there are others who do give a ****. surprises are good and pleny! grown ups have many things to do in their lives, you seem to have found that out correctly.
to the 3rd paragraph: yes, no **** sherlock...that's what i said above. and exactly my point, shows quality and tones of SMS, which head of studio has shown many times in his post on this PUBLIC forum, and so you are showing your colors too, the way you are posting and responding.

BUT the good news is, few moderators here in this forum, who are WMD member's are absolute fantastic, respectful and highly appreciated and intelligent people! and for those few moderators out there, it makes mods/ or members like you be completely dispensable and limpid.

@Remco - since you are such a know-it-all, I would look up some good examples of UK based issues with INTERNET FORUM/ MODS legal actions, or contact a lawyer who is well aware of that stuff in Europe! especially for companies based in the UK (GB)! EDUCATE YOURSELF before throwing **** at people.

rams1de
15-10-2015, 15:39
Sorry sms but I am loosing faith. The feedback bug that causes my wheel to vibrate is worrying me. Every time I get it I now stop and exit the race because as an unpaid carer I cant afford to replace my wheel if it get broken.
I have been loving the game, and I have been loving racing with vrroom, the racing is top draw stuff but not loving having to keep pulling out of races because of this, The other bugs I can live with (just) but not this one.
I need to consider my evenings entertainment. whether to continue with this of move to another sim. Which I cant afford to do.

Which FFB Bug are you getting and on what wheel?

I've got a T300 and encountered three different bugs playing offline.

There was the 'white line' bug which caused weird wheel vibration followed by loss of FFB. It happened only once prior to patch 2.

The second was very aggressive vibration/buzzing when cornering. It could be seen on telemetry as very intense spikes. I was able to repeat my issue at will by reducing LSD Decel as it only appeared when on throttle in the rain, others needed to adjust Fx and Mz smoothing on the in car set up menus so AI thought thus was resolved by settings?

The most worrying for me was unnatural FFB vibration together with the fan kicking into turbo. This would happen after 10-15 minutes of firing up the game, regardless of driving or simply going through the menus. I tried the wheel on PS3 and GT6 and was gutted to get the same behaviour. I gave the wheel a good dusting, a blast of compressed air through the vents and light vacuum for good measure and it's been ok ever since.

Bealdor
15-10-2015, 15:40
What's landmine then, if you don't mind me asking?

Landmine:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ayFvCuPInTg

Dip&Flip bug:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EeoX3In0bz8&feature=youtu.be

VR-Mustard
15-10-2015, 15:43
My t300 works perfectly on GT6 and has never worked properly on pcars. I also tried it on F1 2012 again np. No I'm afraid it's this game thats causing this clipping bug

Schnizz58
15-10-2015, 15:45
Thanks Bealdor. I had seen both of those but never looked closely enough to notice the difference. Personally, I've never encountered either one.

Fight-Test
15-10-2015, 15:48
My t300 works perfectly on GT6 and has never worked properly on pcars. I also tried it on F1 2012 again np. No I'm afraid it's this game thats causing this clipping bug

Try to do a control reset. I have the t300 also and it needed after the first 3 patches for sure and most are saying still needs it. Also is your firmware up to date? I find I can get some random things happening here and there when I don't calibrate every time. I also run Haidens globals from the t300 ffb thread and jacks 66% with TF at 60. Tons of ffb and I can run all day and never get fade or hear fan kick on loud.

VR-Mustard
15-10-2015, 15:49
Dip n flip, landmine?? Have you listened to yourselves... What is the point!

Liquid7394
15-10-2015, 15:52
The second was very aggressive vibration/buzzing when cornering. It could be seen on telemetry as very intense spikes.
It's like that. When you turn the wheel above a certain speed the FFB vibrates violently. It's seemingly random though since restarting the session or unplugging the wheel fixes it for me. The FFB telemetry shows a continuous line of short spikes when it's happening, it feels like you're constantly driving over a rumble strip.

VR-Mustard
15-10-2015, 15:55
Just because I'm not one of these yes sir no sir kind of ar$e lickers i feel like I'm once again being cyber bullied by these guys for voicing an opinion and asking a question. That's the point!

vahagn_hayk
15-10-2015, 15:55
I will make a effort to helps since we run large rooms with long races and rarely have issues on ps4.

First understand that this game is pushing the system to the max.

*Make sure your no one in lobby has any other apps open
*Make sure no one is streaming. This is a big no-no as it will create lag for everyone. If you wanna record use a external device or use the ps function to save the last 10 mins
*Never unplug the wheel from ps4 while its on in any way (power,rest) Some wheels seem to work fine if you do this but other will lose the FFB
*if you don't leave wheel plugged in all the time make sure you plug it in to ps4 before you turn ps4 on or can get lose of ffb and have to restart ps4 for it to come back
*Never use the rest mode (while wheel is plugged in). If it goes into rest, turn it off and unplug wheel and plug back in then restart. This will cause ffb loss on some wheels
*Always always always connect your wheel to your psn account before opening the pcars app every time. This can cause no ffb or non calibrated wheel
*Always always always use your wheel and not your controller to hit x on the main Screen the first time (this may of been fixed and maybe was only a thrustmaster issue)
*Always calibrate your wheel when you get on. It takes 20 seconds to do wheel and pedals. Yea it gets old but you know that you will be good from the first race
*Early on when the patches came out you had to do a hard control reset for the ffb setting to take place. This might still be the case as its recommended by the all the ffb guys. If you have never done this then you might be having some legacy issues with ffb settings and feel. This could be a big help and make the wheel feel even better. Grimeydog is reporting a change in the ffb with new patch after control restart.
*The issue with the game not ending after clock run down comes from the host retiring to pit. Yes, it does happen once in a blue moon when the host doesn't but other do. Tell your guys to drive to pit(sim) and not retire to pit. You wont be able to spectate but you wont have issues. We couldn't spectate when the game came out anyway so no big deal till they fix it.

Im not 100% sure what if any differences with landmine/dip and whatever bugs and which issues come from the suspension which is supposed to be the cause but the workaround was to scrap a wall or pit. Not ideal when your trying to run serious races. We have been running longer races for a while using 3x tire wear (Muticlass-GT3 and LMP2). This would make the GT3's have to pit between 9 and 12 laps on softs first stints most tracks and can run longer on following stints (2 to 3 stops a race). Most of the cars(GT3) seem to start to explode around 20 to 25 so this removed the issue for us. Before this patch you could only put on softs in the pit so there wasnt much strategy to it but balanced as everyone had to take softs. Now its all working in the pits and the race strategy has really opened up. We have run 5 races 45 laps or more since saturday(before the patch) and had two guys drop from black screens on sat (none since patch) and had a weird one tuesday night after patch where a guy dropped out and came back in and he had his car and a ghost car on track. That was a new one for us. Most likely some kind of internet issues as he had just dropped from room.

Hopefully this stuff helps and stay positive you have a large group of racers you are responsible for and they need leader. I appreciate that you making a attempt to run a organized league but this poor me thing your doing acting like everyone is to get you or your site is silly. I don't even see any insults to you or your site. If you want better communication with the mods or sms or whatever start by speaking them to them in a different way. The way you say things not what your saying is why the responses are often not what you wanna hear.

Oh, please stop saying things like you speak for all serious sim racers, it takes away from your credibility.

Good luck and hope some of this helps.
good point! what is actually a serious sim racer? and what is a not serious sim racer? (i could not wiki or google it ;)!) great productive post @Fight-Test

Liquid7394
15-10-2015, 15:58
Dip n flip, landmine?? Have you listened to yourselves... What is the point!
Have you ever listened to yourself?

http://i.imgur.com/CVSaIhv.jpg

t0daY
15-10-2015, 16:00
If you are not happy with the game then just leave it and buy another racing game xDD

Just saying there are no improvements... wow... I wont comment it, I just cant... :D :D

t0daY
15-10-2015, 16:02
Have you ever listened to yourself?

http://i.imgur.com/CVSaIhv.jpg

Mr. Mustard you are really a douche bag wow... I would say you are the ******** here to be honest...

VR-Mustard
15-10-2015, 16:08
Again cyber bullying from the mods and yet nothing said or done.. Like i said.. This is the point!

t0daY
15-10-2015, 16:12
Again cyber bullying from the mods and yet nothing said or done.. Like i said.. This is the point!

Cyber bullying? LOL. Come on whats your point? Crying all day long? Cyber bullying... oh boy... no words for it :D

And you are an admin of a racing league? I thought admins are kinda role models for the other members... thats not looking even close like it... Attacking Bealdor personally and calling the pcars moderators dickheads in another forum... just wow... WOW... and stupid enough not to close it or make it private or whatever... Unprofessional high 10

VR-Mustard
15-10-2015, 16:13
Every page in this thread has just been screen shot. What you think because you have the power to ban, delete and edit post you can get away with calling people dick heads when your supposed to be ambassadors for what you do.

This is cyber bullying my friend no two ways about it!

VR-Mustard
15-10-2015, 16:14
I wrote to Bealdor and apologised for what was said.. Ask him.

t0daY
Every page in this thread has just been screen shot. What you think because you have the power to ban, delete and edit post you can get away with calling people dick heads when your supposed to be ambassadors for what you do.

Go outside, buy a lollipop seriously... You are pretty annoying xDD

Liquid7394
You really haven't a clue what cyber bullying is, have you? Posting the truth isn't cyber bullying.

Sampo
15-10-2015, 16:15
Yellow names (WMD members) are not mods. They are just regular members on this forum.

Liquid7394
15-10-2015, 16:17
Every page in this thread has just been screen shot.

More lies.

VR-Mustard
15-10-2015, 16:17
Read back through this thread and you will clearly see who starts the name calling etc.. And im afraid it's not me. It's you again, you and your band of merry men. I just asked a question.

Liquid7394
15-10-2015, 16:19
And your question was answered.

t0daY
And your question was answered.

Yep... go outside and buy a lollipop xDD

Latosius
Just to confirm this video was of my race last night after the patch. In the same race my FFB disappeared once in qualifying then after leaving and resetting my wheel it reappeared in the race (I'm an avid re-calibrator of my wheel each time I race) and the landmine bug (new feature?) happened once at the start too, strangely enough when I turned my lights on... Cant be linked but it was weird none the less.

diesel97
15-10-2015, 16:21
Landmine:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ayFvCuPInTg

Dip&Flip bug:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EeoX3In0bz8&feature=youtu.be

So" invisible walls" and "landmines" are the same thing then ?

VR-Mustard
15-10-2015, 16:23
You been getting trolled all day and are now frustrated because you jumped into the net. It didn't have to be like this but truth is that there are one or two of you on here that clearly don't like me and the feelings rhetorical

Liquid7394
15-10-2015, 16:26
In the first video he gets catapulted due an invisible explosion. The second video the car has a gradual roll. They look similar but obviously have different causes.

Zenzic
15-10-2015, 16:26
At Captain Mustard: Make that three.

Sampo
15-10-2015, 16:31

Pretty much. It was named a landmine because usually the car flipped over like something had exploded under it.

diesel97
15-10-2015, 16:33
In the first video he gets catapulted due an invisible explosion. The second video the car has a gradual roll.

thanks but that didnt answer my question . the mods posted that video to show the differences between "landmines " and "dip and flip " and first video is clearly posted as " invicisible wall " thats why i asked the question

Liquid7394
15-10-2015, 16:35
Misread invisible walls as dip & flip, my bad.

VR-Mustard
15-10-2015, 16:50
You been getting trolled all day and are now frustrated because you jumped into the net. It didn't have to be like this but truth is that there are one or two of you on here that clearly don't like me and the feelings rhetorical

Zenzic.. you only make two im afraid as you was one of the arseholes i was talking about.

Liquid7394
15-10-2015, 16:53
Thanks for the kind words, I'm touched.

I like how you cry about being cyber bullied and then proceed to insult people.

EDIT: I see you changed Liquid to Zenzic. What's wrong? Are you upset that I didn't care.

VR-Mustard
15-10-2015, 16:54
Do apologise liquid.. Your quite right there are 3.

Zenzic
15-10-2015, 16:55
I'd like it if you leave my arsehole out of this.

Zenzic
15-10-2015, 16:56
About the mods having it in for you: they've cut you loads and loads more slack than any other member here. I've seen members get banned for much less. Stop complaining, remain factual and all will be fine. I'm starting to think you can apply that to your real life as well.

Bealdor
15-10-2015, 16:56
That's enough now.