PDA

View Full Version : Help me with my first mandatory pit stop.

tonaz
14-10-2015, 11:46
Hello racers!
I'm facing my first mandatory pit stop race, at Lacuna Seca, in GT3.
I play at 90% difficulty.
I did a good qualifying time, starting first. (I've noticed that the rolling start during first attempt is just fine, then if I retry the race my AI sucks and I am overtook instantly by the second AI... Meh ok).
The race is 12 laps race (30%). I can stay first pushing hard, but no matter in which lap I pit stop, I finish the race 6th or 7th, even driving very good.
The pit stop strategy is just change tyres and some refill, using the minimum mandatory time (16 secs or something).
Would you please suggest me something about this?
Thanks a lot!

N0body Of The Goat
14-10-2015, 11:54
Do you have to add fuel at the stop? If not, it would be better to start the race with all the fuel you need.

tonaz
14-10-2015, 12:00
Ok but the refill is very small, and do not affect the stop time (the slider is still in the "grey" area).
So it adds 8-9 liters but do not affect timing, default minimum set by the tyre change.
I also tried to don't change tyres, but the time is the same and looks like they change them anyway (hearing the drills noise).

Bealdor
14-10-2015, 12:08
If you're playing career mode refuelling is not allowed in GT3 and tire change is mandatory.

Regarding your initial issue (not winning):

Drive faster ;)
Lower AI difficulty
React to the AI drivers behind you (if they pit, do the same one lap later)

tonaz
14-10-2015, 12:12
If you're playing career mode refuelling is not allowed in GT3 and tire change is mandatory.

Regarding your initial issue (not winning):

Drive faster ;)
Lower AI difficulty
React to the AI drivers behind you (if they pit, do the same one lap later)

Oh well, I will try the 3rd suggestion :) no need for the other two. I drive fast enough, lowering difficulty makes it boring.
Thanks.

Cholton82
14-10-2015, 13:39
Maybe after they pit they are catching you and your losing a bit of time as you are on older tyres so when you do pit they undercut you , this is seen in F1 all to often . I normally keep an eye out for the cars around me pitting and respond by putting in a stonking in lap and try and cover them off .

Bealdor
14-10-2015, 13:41
Maybe after they pit they are catching you and your losing a bit of time as you are on older tyres so when you do pit they undercut you , this is seen in F1 all to often . I normally keep an eye out for the cars around me pitting and respond by putting in a stonking in lap and try and cover them off .

That's actually a very good point. Learn how to inlap efficiently!

You most likely know the track in and out but do you know what is the fastest line into the pits? I know that I don't on most tracks, simply because I don't practice it enough.

Schnizz58
14-10-2015, 14:34
That's actually a very good point. Learn how to inlap efficiently!

You most likely know the track in and out but do you know what is the fastest line into the pits? I know that I don't on most tracks, simply because I don't practice it enough.
To expand further on that, the pit entrance and exit at Laguna Seca are pretty tricky. On the pit in, you have a sharp hairpin that you have to negotiate and also a sharp turn on the exit just as you blend back onto the track. The AI cars are on rails through those turns so unless you practice and get good on them, you will lose time to the AI.

KkDrummer
14-10-2015, 15:26
Just to add that your crew may hold you until you can be released safely making you lose precious time...so you may consider stopping a lap earlier to make sure the pits are not too busy.

tonaz
15-10-2015, 00:16
Thanks I've managed to win the race!

nhitrac
15-10-2015, 03:09
Well this is interesting as I have the opposite problem. I put myself at the back and end up on the podium despite top 5 or so cars putting down faster laps than me.

Created a thread about it but never got any responses =(

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?40105-Understanding-AI-strategy-in-QRW-Solo