PDA

View Full Version : Has it got THAT quiet online???

Megalomanic87
14-10-2015, 18:01
For the first time in a month or 2, i found myself re installing and playing PCARS tonight.

There was ONE lobby available. ONE.
Though i did join and had a few great races with 7 or 8 other players, surely this couldn't have been the only lobby online.
Is this a bug or has it got that bad that no one no longer plays??

HEF51
14-10-2015, 18:25
Check to make sure your filter settings are "Any" for all categories.

BCFCBristolRed
14-10-2015, 18:25
Very strange. A mate of mine plays almost exclusively online and said there has been at least 5/6 lobbies every time he goes on!

Megalomanic87
14-10-2015, 18:35
Check to make sure your filter settings are "Any" for all categories.

Yep, made sure it was all set to any, couldn't believe it myself...Very odd!

ian2726
14-10-2015, 23:32
Ok so pcars sold over 1 million across three platforms. Judging by the Xbox one lobbies there wasn't too many copies sold. Or everyone has given up and gone to forza. I've been sat here for over an hour popping in and out of multiplayer and not one lobby. I start one and no one joins. When this game works it's epic. Please turn off your forza and come back.

Pink_650S
14-10-2015, 23:35
Obviously you know where everyone is. :p

SUBGTRACER
14-10-2015, 23:49
12 people playing forza and 12 playing project cars ...........SOrry unnecessary xbox dig ! I apologies already ......

ian2726
14-10-2015, 23:51
Dear Pink 650S,
You're nomination for internet dick head 2015 has been received.

I know where they aren't, and that's the Xbox one lobbies.

SUBGTRACER
14-10-2015, 23:52
Dear Pink 650S,

LOL ....That's a bit Harsh , I thought I would win , Runner up is fine .

Pink_650S
14-10-2015, 23:55
Dear Pink 650S,

Thanks!
And the award for most unnecessary thread goes to you then? :D

Take a joke, mate.

OpticalHercules
15-10-2015, 00:21
Just because there's no lobbies showing up in search doesn't mean there aren't any lobbies running. I don't think you would be able to see a lobby if you can't join it, such as if the race has already started. Maybe start your own or wait 10-15 minutes to see if something else pops up, maybe a race finished that you can then join.

I don't play multiplayer pretty much at all, but I have been clicking the lobby list every so often just to see what's available. Around 9pm PST (California time) weeknights I only see 1-3 lobbies in the list. I checked at 6am PST this morning and saw around 10. I actually tried to join one, but as soon as I joined a 1/15 lobby, the lobby d/c'd and there were no more lmp lobbies so I gave it up.

2pfspiff
15-10-2015, 02:36
I am seeing the same thing. I went on last night around 2am (EST) and saw 2 lobbies. Tried to join one and it told me the lobby was full and disappeared. I have everything set to any. I hit the refresh and still only one lobby came up.

Lukeymonster
15-10-2015, 03:20
It's been this way for me for over a week

wOoDsTeR16
15-10-2015, 07:00
I had a look yesterday and there we're 7 lobbys but the max was 3 people, most we're 1 player waiting for others to join. Between all 7 lobbys there wouldn't be enough to fill a single grid.

inthebagbud
15-10-2015, 07:08
11 pm UK on xbox 9 lobbies with total of 34 racers and 14 of those where in 1 lobby, so average of 2/3 in other lobbies , not good

Chiraq
15-10-2015, 11:56
The amount decreased because of Forza 6. Before the release there were about 30 lobbies.

Sankyo
15-10-2015, 14:59
Dear Pink 650S,

No need for this.

Megalomanic87
15-10-2015, 15:32
I had a look yesterday and there we're 7 lobbys but the max was 3 people, most we're 1 player waiting for others to join. Between all 7 lobbys there wouldn't be enough to fill a single grid.

That's really depressing.

Psychomatrix
15-10-2015, 16:06
But if the game sales 300 000 copies there must be more than 30 people worldwide. Public lobbies are not much interesting here in pcars because you get only with gt3 cars bigger grids. Nothing against them but after 5 months I'm bored only to drive gt3 cars online. When you opend by yourself a lobby with group 5 cars you can be happy if 5 people join and 1 stays to the end. The only way to get a nice online experience is to join a league.

GrimeyDog
15-10-2015, 17:47
I played the XB1PCars yesterday 10 Min... Then went back to PS4 PCars...always Full Lobbys in the PS4 camp... ijs

Spiny Anteater
15-10-2015, 17:52
But if the game sales 300 000 copies there must be more than 30 people worldwide. Public lobbies are not much interesting here in pcars because you get only with gt3 cars bigger grids. Nothing against them but after 5 months I'm bored only to drive gt3 cars online. When you opend by yourself a lobby with group 5 cars you can be happy if 5 people join and 1 stays to the end. The only way to get a nice online experience is to join a league.

I think it's fair to say that many people are wary of lobbies. One such example is myself - I hated the hoppers in Forza 3 and since then avoided them like the plague. And now I'm well and truly in the habit of running single player races or races with friends only so the PCars lobbies never really got a look in. I guess I'm missing out on a bit, but I also would be very surprised if I was the only one who was put off public lobbies by the constant ramming, corner cutting and barging on Forza.

d4ninho
15-10-2015, 18:21
its simple, they went to a game that works without a million work arounds just to have a race.

sms had their chance and blew it by not prioritizing what to fix, the graphics fixes should have been last and the lobby chat, pit stops and other actual gameplay bugs should have been first, sadly now though the game is dead apart from a very few who still play.

I still play right now but so few others do its turning out to be 6 in a lobby and your doing well.

with all the money they made from this i hope they spend it on servers for pcars 2 or they may aswell just throw it in the bin and cut out the middle man,lol

d4ninho
15-10-2015, 18:24
its not the lobbies its the game, ppl are fed up with work arounds and the terrible lag in races due to p2p.

forza may not be the greatest game around but it does what you want it to do from the off, 18 ppl in a lobby with no lag easy, lots more cars, lots of tracks.

pcars may drive better but forza works better and at the end of the day we want to race not re-start over and over again just to make sure everyone stays in the lobby.

Chiraq
15-10-2015, 18:33
never had that issue mate. We ran 16 people lobbies and sometimes 1-2 disconnected due to own connection issues.

Chiraq
15-10-2015, 18:35
Btw I'm online right now and I see 16 lobbies. 11 GT3, 1 GT4, 1 Trans Am, 2 TC1, 1 GT1x and so on

ian2726
15-10-2015, 18:35
I've had some really good races in public lobbies. Lately its been dead. I thought it may have been down to being in the NXOE, guess its really as dead as it looks. Maybe a deals with good might help get the numbers back up.

ian2726
15-10-2015, 18:36
Gt4 lobby��... I'm off to race

AdM1
15-10-2015, 19:36
Ok so pcars sold over 1 million across three platforms. Judging by the Xbox one lobbies there wasn't too many copies sold. Or everyone has given up and gone to forza. I've been sat here for over an hour popping in and out of multiplayer and not one lobby. I start one and no one joins. When this game works it's epic. Please turn off your forza and come back.

I thinks so tbh.

KkDrummer
15-10-2015, 20:01
there are 11 lobbies and about 50 people online now....

beetes_juice
15-10-2015, 20:14
Rooms are sparse, find a community and your good to go.

TBH, FM isint doing to hot either in the multiplayer camp. Multiplayer may be packed rooms but I'll take quality over quantity. Besides FM turning into the burnout/flight simulator in public lobbies, a good amount of my die hard FM friends have put it to the side to collect dust. Just another blehhh FM game.

CPU M Rossi
15-10-2015, 20:17
I played the XB1PCars yesterday 10 Min... Then went back to PS4 PCars...always Full Lobbys in the PS4 camp... ijs

I think one problem on the Xbox is most lobbies tend to be GT3 out of 17 lobbies at point today 14 were GT3 with only 1 or 2 anywhere close to having 16 people
I made a vintage gt3 lobby with the free Merc right many joined the lobby but quickly left afterwards.

AdM1
15-10-2015, 20:49
Rooms are sparse, find a community and your good to go.

TBH, FM isint doing to hot either in the multiplayer camp. Multiplayer may be packed rooms but I'll take quality over quantity. Besides FM turning into the burnout/flight simulator in public lobbies, a good amount of my die hard FM friends have put it to the side to collect dust. Just another blehhh FM game.

I have to disagree with this post, while there's a few wreckers it's certainly not worth putting such an amazing game away for.

Besides I was wrecked many a time in Project Cars too.

Thankfully they ghost after not moving for a few seconds too which eliminates the opportunity to park in the middle of corners which was a real problem in Project Cars.

Umer Ahmad
15-10-2015, 20:51
merged

ian2726
15-10-2015, 22:10
Well it seems back to normal now. Wonder if it was Xbox weirdness, project cars weirdness or really no one was on. Still too many gt3 races. If anyone knows MIDJ72 I had some really good races against him tonight. That's why I love this game and public lobbies.

Hornetvenom
15-10-2015, 23:34
Well it seems back to normal now. Wonder if it was Xbox weirdness, project cars weirdness or really no one was on. Still too many gt3 races. If anyone knows MIDJ72 I had some really good races against him tonight. That's why I love this game and public lobbies.

He does seem pretty fair Ian as do you. Been running a GT4 lobby all night and aside from a few dodgy racers (The usual ones.) It's been quite good.

Dynomight Motorsports
16-10-2015, 11:15
Racing with Jon Q. Public is such a joke. Who wants to to be crashed up. Maybe if collisions were turned off of a vote to kick was added that really worked. I only race private rooms with my friends. I don't even race public with Forza, because there are even more yahoo's on there waiting to wreck prospective drivers just for entertainment.

KkDrummer
16-10-2015, 11:40
Racing with Jon Q. Public is such a joke. Who wants to to be crashed up. Maybe if collisions were turned off of a vote to kick was added that really worked. I only race private rooms with my friends. I don't even race public with Forza, because there are even more yahoo's on there waiting to wreck prospective drivers just for entertainment.

vote to kick is coming, probably in 6.0!

Bealdor
16-10-2015, 11:40
Host kick is coming, probably in 6.0!

FTFY ;)

KkDrummer
16-10-2015, 11:43
FTFY ;)

Even better!!! =] I will start polishing my boots!:cool:

ian2726
16-10-2015, 12:05
Ha I know when I'm in a "hornetvenom" lobby I'm never going to win. But a close race for last is better than being out at the front on your own.

Hornetvenom
16-10-2015, 12:28
Ha I know when I'm in a "hornetvenom" lobby I'm never going to win. But a close race for last is better than being out at the front on your own.

I'm flattered but there's normally 3/4/5 of us fighting up front. Putting it on x7 tyre wear has certainly made it more interesting as we're really having to think differently about how to race and what compound to run. Consistently had around 10 in the lobby last night which was a pleasant surprise. Normally people don't stay for a GT4 lobby.

Del Zotto x82x
16-10-2015, 14:55
I have to disagree with this post, while there's a few wreckers it's certainly not worth putting such an amazing game away for.

Besides I was wrecked many a time in Project Cars too.

Thankfully they ghost after not moving for a few seconds too which eliminates the opportunity to park in the middle of corners which was a real problem in Project Cars.

I thought your game didn't work?

AdM1
16-10-2015, 15:28
I thought your game didn't work?

Not correctly, it's still playable, use some logic.

DECATUR PLAYA
19-10-2015, 00:55
Was on earlier today and it was 18 rooms up and most of them was filling nicely.

2pfspiff
19-10-2015, 01:36
Was on earlier today and it was 18 rooms up and most of them was filling nicely.

Nice to hear. Hope people are starting to comeback.

PTG Baby Cow
19-10-2015, 02:21
I think the novelty of forza is wearing off. Especially for wheel users. I personally refuse to use a wheel on fm6 so when I want my fix I must go to pcars. (Not a bad thing)

poirqc
19-10-2015, 02:41
It's like that on the PC also, GT3 galore on public. GT4 are rare. Witch is a shame because they're really fun!

DECATUR PLAYA
19-10-2015, 02:45
I think the novelty of forza is wearing off. Especially for wheel users. I personally refuse to use a wheel on fm6 so when I want my fix I must go to pcars. (Not a bad thing)

When I put my room up late at night we always get traffic as long as the room is live. I agree with the Forza thing if you paid $60 for a game you got to play it. A lot of people are coming back.

2pfspiff
19-10-2015, 02:50

I keep going back every couple of weeks to try and play Forza and Each time I find it frustrating even with a controller. Pcars has me hooked. Wheel feels the way it should and I am at the point were I want to get into a car and race, not build my garage.

If I had the money to build a PC I would be playing Pcars and Iracing online.

AdM1
19-10-2015, 04:09
When will people understand they are different games aimed at different audiences?

http://41.media.tumblr.com/fb1b96183670bf263f313b0c2cfa943f/tumblr_nsofy6y4iZ1s5tgxuo1_1280.png

I think it's a given which is the better sim and which relates closest to real life when using a wheel.. Forza hits somewhere between sim and arcade, it'll never be as good a sim as Project Cars but then it doesn't try to be and in fact I think it would be a bad direction to take, I reckon it's success is due to how it's hits that middle spot. And lets be real here it's safe to say which is more popular and successful. Sim racers are a minority, general gamers are not.

Not sure why I wasted my time typing that because I'm sure some ignorant fool will argue it but that's just how it is.

I'll tell you one thing for sure though, keeping on topic and that. It's certainly not quiet online in Forza.

Edit - Ha I guess someone didn't like the truth but it was to be expected, thanks ;).

2pfspiff
19-10-2015, 06:41
When will people understand they are different games aimed at different audiences?

http://41.media.tumblr.com/fb1b96183670bf263f313b0c2cfa943f/tumblr_nsofy6y4iZ1s5tgxuo1_1280.png

I think it's a given which is the better sim and which relates closest to real life when using a wheel.. Forza hits somewhere between sim and arcade, it'll never be as good a sim as Project Cars but then it doesn't try to be and in fact I think it would be a bad direction to take, I reckon it's success is due to how it's hits that middle spot. And lets be real here it's safe to say which is more popular and successful. Sim racers are a minority, general gamers are not.

Not sure why I wasted my time typing that because I'm sure some ignorant fool will argue it but that's just how it is.

I'll tell you one thing for sure though, keeping on topic and that. It's certainly not quiet online in Forza.

Edit - Ha I guess someone didn't like the truth but it was to be expected, thanks ;).

I understand what you are saying and I agree with you that Forza sits between the Sim and Arcade racer. I just would like to be able to use my wheel in the game without detuning it down to the old Microsoft 360 wheel. The only way I can drive it is to drop the DOR down to 270 and sensitivity to 4. I guess in the end Pcars has spoiled me with the FFB physics. I will continue to try and dial my wheel in for Forza also (It is a nice change of pace when it isn't aggravating me), and if worse case scenario I will use the controller.

PTG Baby Cow
19-10-2015, 12:57
Sure, they are aimed at seperate audiences however forzas audience is so broad that it actually takes the sim racers and real racers too. Fact of the matter is there are 3-5 different groups i compete in from time to time which cover all aspects of racing games. As of right now, not one of them is doing anything in project cars. Will they try again? I can't answer that. There are many games that have issues upon release, thats fine and nowadays is to be expected. The problem is because of the daunting task of processing all the information its provided project cars hasnt been stable enough to run a series since many of these groups started and canceled/completed there first series. Noone has gone back to organized racing. I love the game, but i almost wish they delayed it another 6 months. Then we could be getting the game right now, with the majority of things working properly. Hopefully some will take the leap of faith and come back. I know a few of the guys i regularly race with intend on coming back to pcars throughout the month.

Pbucko
19-10-2015, 14:18
We left for forza, sick and tired of all the issues that come with this game, then last night returned, 8 of us in multiplayer. Read thread below this one 'return to p cars" to see how we got on, anyway back to forza again tonight.