PDA

View Full Version : Where do you Head next SMS Once the bugs are Gone ?

SUBGTRACER
14-10-2015, 22:52
With very limited time with the new patch to it seems very nice , pits seem to work nicely , Frame rate (fps) seems better to me ! Nice menu when using keyboard to change ABS and so on .... Nice work Gentlemen ! Kudos to you guys.

Hypothetically once all the minor bugs that are left in the game are gone on all formats what is the next step? Where do we as a player expect it to head ?

Where do you as a developer want it to go?

How far are you going to go with it ?

Once bugs are out , Myself I would love to see a patch that adds some graphical flare to the game just to liven things up notch , all probably completely useless at the end of the day in gameplay context. I would like to see the pruposed pit crews in pit lane , would love to see the flag system (fixed) with the officials waving the flags not a onscreen flag system, oh checkered flag with a human waving it at the finish line would be nice . Even the odd flock of birds flying past ( stupid one really ) but adds life and feeling .

Slower drying race line , darker skid marks perhaps . I could go on on on as we all could for what we wish the product can or could be !

Would dearly love to see a fully working flag system working I think that would just boost the overall tension and excitement in a race. warm up lap , bring the car home to the pits after completing a race (as a option).....

Angst1974
14-10-2015, 22:54
Project Cars 2

SUBGTRACER
14-10-2015, 22:57
Yeah I would hope not once the bugs are gone surely there is just a little more to be done here first .

awaite85
14-10-2015, 23:39
I woke up thismorning with the patch downloading, online was incredibly smooth.

VanquishedVantage
14-10-2015, 23:42
I'm worried with the large-size updates though, I only have a 128GB SSD as my storage so it could take up some space. :p

Shinzah
14-10-2015, 23:46
Once the bugs are gone? That's easy. Probably they implement custom championships and reduce the forum by about 75 threads and 400 posts per day....

SUBGTRACER
14-10-2015, 23:50
Custom championship would be a good add on . + 1

one1two
15-10-2015, 00:02
Thread reduction would mean less Shin banter. What would we do without that?

Shinzah
15-10-2015, 00:04
Thread reduction would mean less Shin banter. What would we do without that?

What indeed, one.

What, indeed.

hkraft300
15-10-2015, 00:13
Fix the bugs. Bring more features.
That's what I thought was happening. Seems there's been an overlap in every patch which is great to see.
DLC free car support is expected to continue for another ~6 months IIRC so there's a few additions yet.

apexatspeed
15-10-2015, 00:22
I doubt every bug will be fixed before they release project cars 2.

SUBGTRACER
15-10-2015, 00:25
I doubt every bug will be fixed before they release project cars 2.

Aww negative :)

apexatspeed
15-10-2015, 00:32

It is a negative thought, and I don't mean to offend the people at SMS. But there are so many, and more bugs show up after updates that it is impossible. It is unfortunate, but hopefully PC2 is released with a lot better quality control. It is just frustrating to see DLC released that appears as if no one tested it.

CCM
15-10-2015, 07:48
Once the bugs are gone? That's easy. Probably they implement custom championships and reduce the forum by about 75 threads and 400 posts per day....

OVALS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!INDY CAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!. :).

GT_Racing
15-10-2015, 08:05
I agree on the bugs being around until the next game. Project cars is not alone in this aspect. This is seen around the board, but I think the bugs will be here until the next game. Seriously you can still jump starts without a penalty 160 days after the game was released. This blows my mind.

N0body Of The Goat
15-10-2015, 08:55
Seriously you can still jump starts without a penalty 160 days after the game was released. This blows my mind.

I get drive through penalties for jump starting on the PC, whenever I've tested this (which admittedly is not often, but I tested this once yesterday and I got a penalty).

Is this no penalty issue for other PS4 users too?

What about XBox1 users?

RomKnight
15-10-2015, 08:59
If custom championships could translate to MP (i don't care about SP) it would make leagues a breeze to handle :)

It is the only way I care about this feature, otherwise I just want bugs corrected and MP at rFactor/iR level, nothing more.

vicdavery
15-10-2015, 09:08

Also realistic. There is no piece of complex software that has no bugs.

However, will they be major bugs? Answer: No. How do I know? Well there aren't any now.
Some minor glitches and irritations, sure. But nothing that can't be lived with.
I think many people exagerate the problems massively.

N0body Of The Goat
15-10-2015, 09:38
The pub. ;)

Jussi Viljami Karjalainen
15-10-2015, 09:38
I doubt every bug will be fixed before they release project cars 2.Honestly, I don't think there is any game, or any software altogether, out there that doesn't have a single bug in it. Achieving that on any piece of programming at even half the scale of pCARS would be an unprecedented feat of programming prowess.

EDIT: Also need to keep in mind what the definition of a bug is (code failing to work as intended). Many people have been asking for "bug fixes" that would in reality be feature additions, as well as labeling things as bugs that would actually be closer to realism improvements on systems that are actually functioning as they should already, but not being tuned into optimal condition.

VanquishedVantage
15-10-2015, 09:45
Honestly, I don't think there is any game, or any software altogether, out there that doesn't have a single bug in it. Achieving that on any piece of programming at even half the scale of pCARS would be an unprecedented feat of programming prowess.

EDIT: Also need to keep in mind what the definition of a bug is (code failing to work as intended). Many people have been asking for "bug fixes" that would in reality be feature additions, as well as labeling things as bugs that would actually be closer to realism improvements on systems that are actually functioning as they should already, but not being tuned into optimal condition.
Isn't there a difference between a bug and an in-game glitch?

andycass
15-10-2015, 09:50
There's still plenty of bugs for them to go at . Lag in qualify/ rolling starts/ replays/ sound glitches/flag system/wrong finishing positions/Community ambassador trophy not unlocking/car glue effects/.....etc....These should keep them busy till PC2 is released.

apexatspeed
15-10-2015, 19:10
I get drive through penalties for jump starting on the PC, whenever I've tested this (which admittedly is not often, but I tested this once yesterday and I got a penalty).

What about XBox1 users?

There is a small window between the last red lights and before the green lights come on that you can jump the start. It has been there since the game started.

GT_Racing
15-10-2015, 19:25

What about XBox1 users?

I dont know why somebody liked this. It does not take that long playing this game to realize you can jump the start inbetween the last redlights and the first green ones. It is easy to do and because the timing is not random it is very easy to get it down to a rhythm. I did it just yesterday by accident. I do not do it on purpose anymore since other people in my lobbies stopped doing it.

diesel97
15-10-2015, 19:55
I dont know why somebody liked this. It does not take that long playing this game to realize you can jump the start inbetween the last redlights and the first green ones. It is easy to do and because the timing is not random it is very easy to get it down to a rhythm. I did it just yesterday by accident. I do not do it on purpose anymore since other people in my lobbies stopped doing it.

I dont think its a bug INMO ,the cars are not staged perfectly on the starting line. Some times there is a foot or two from the line so you can get a split second head start because you never cross the line. You can see this on tracks that start on a hill,if you dont brake right off and roll a little bit you wont get a drive through.

Every start tree has split second fudge factor built in also

KkDrummer
15-10-2015, 19:58
Custom championships and full animated pit stops....then PCars 2!

Sasquatch
15-10-2015, 20:11
Yeah I would hope not once the bugs are gone surely there is just a little more to be done here first .

There's no such thing as a bug free video game.

Shinzah
15-10-2015, 20:12
There's no such thing as a bug free video game.

Pong tho :|

ScorpionR3D
15-10-2015, 20:15
I would like to see a 'car radar' as in Assetto Corsa.

Neil Hopwood
15-10-2015, 20:17
Pong tho :|

Apparently not:

There is a bug in the original arcade version of Pong where the direction of the ball bounce off the paddle is actually influenced by the opposite players paddle (and vice versa). This video demonstrates the phenomenon. On page 98 of this PDF you can find a detailed explanation of why this happens.

Basically when the printed circuit board was drawn up (specifically the version E boards but maybe others), two signals were mis-routed. The position where the ball "hits" the paddle is kept track of using 3 bits, these determine how the ball "bounces" off the paddle. The lowest significant bits ended up getting wired to the opposite players paddle. The effect is subtle enough that it seemed to go unnoticed for a very long time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F-6tJCcQtXU

Shinzah
15-10-2015, 20:30
Apparently not:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F-6tJCcQtXU

Well played sir, well played.

apexatspeed
15-10-2015, 20:42
I dont think its a bug INMO ,the cars are not staged perfectly on the starting line. Some times there is a foot or two from the line so you can get a split second head start because you never cross the line. You can see this on tracks that start on a hill,if you dont brake right off and roll a little bit you wont get a drive through.

Every start tree has split second fudge factor built in also

Are you really trying to justify them letting you jump the start? The green lights are not on and you can start driving.

AdM1
15-10-2015, 20:51
'once'

Haha!

el3KtroN
15-10-2015, 21:23
not all bugs are gone

today i was always in the front and finished the race first, but in the board after the race i was only second.

showing the fastest laps of the players after the race would be cool

and a working flag system for the ai

richcummings
15-10-2015, 22:03
once the big bugs are ironed out I'd like to see some of the smaller features implemented that would give the community feel back to it. the api being one I would choose. it's ok for now, but there is so much more that you can do with it. console support adds more of the community to the possibilities

diesel97
16-10-2015, 00:28
Are you really trying to justify them letting you jump the start? The green lights are not on and you can start driving.

I havent seen that since they changed it back on patch 2.0 . I have timed it wrong and gotten a drive through penalty

GT_Racing
16-10-2015, 00:38
I havent seen that since they changed it back on patch 2.0 . I have timed it wrong and gotten a drive through penalty

You could always get a drive through for jumping the start. It has always been that way. The point is that if you jump it close enough to the green you can go without a penalty. It is still an issue in the game today and has been in the game since release. Earlier today I turned the game on just to do it and it took me two tries with having not played in a long time. It is not difficult at all.

diesel97
16-10-2015, 00:48
You could always get a drive through for jumping the start. It has always been that way. The point is that if you jump it close enough to the green you can go without a penalty. It is still an issue in the game today and has been in the game since release. Earlier today I turned the game on just to do it and it took me two tries with having not played in a long time. It is not difficult at all.

your still talking about split seconds. The way you talk its like you have 100 yds on the field. I still think being a couple feet from the starting line has alot to do with it . You skipped right over that point though

GT_Racing
16-10-2015, 01:10
your still talking about split seconds. The way you talk its like you have 100 yds on the field. I still think being a couple feet from the starting line has alot to do with it . You skipped right over that point though

It does not matter where you start. Once you start moving before the race starts you've jumped it. I am not address you simpleton justification of not being directly on the startline or whatever. If that was the case then how did they decrease amount you can jump without moving the cars starting position? It purely is that the game lets you leave your spot before the race starts. Pure and simply put that is a jump start. If you are gaining an advatange by starting the race before everyone else a penalty should be heading your way. There is nothing else to say.

Also dont tell me you are arguing that split seconds don't matter in a racing game. That is the whole idea of racing. I can not believe you are going to sit here and try to justify being able to jump starts in a racing game. SMS new it was a problem because they intentionally decreased the amount that you could jump it in an update. They didn't do it enough since you can still intentionally jump it and it is noticeable and easy.

hkraft300
16-10-2015, 01:31
Maybe against AI it's easy to get a bit of a start if you time it correctly. In MP I've had good starts where I released the brakes and smashed the throttle at the right moment and got a head on the car next to me. Sometimes I've had others take me at the start.
It's between a good and bad start. Timing. Happens to everyone, in every racing event.
If I release the brakes a fraction too early, I get a penalty.
What's wrong with it? Maybe adjust the AI to get a better launch? Sure. Right now in MP it's a narrow enough margin. You can get caught sleeping at the lights, you can get a good start and take a few positions before turn 1, you can get a good jump but bog down and lose positions, you can get penalty for jump start...

diesel97
16-10-2015, 01:34
It does not matter where you start. Once you start moving before the race starts you've jumped it. I am not address you simpleton justification of not being directly on the startline or whatever. If that was the case then how did they decrease amount you can jump without moving the cars starting position? It purely is that the game lets you leave your spot before the race starts. Pure and simply put that is a jump start. If you are gaining an advatange by starting the race before everyone else a penalty should be heading your way. There is nothing else to say.

Also dont tell me you are arguing that split seconds don't matter in a racing game. That is the whole idea of racing. I can not believe you are going to sit here and try to justify being able to jump starts in a racing game. SMS new it was a problem because they intentionally decreased the amount that you could jump it in an update. They didn't do it enough since you can still intentionally jump it and it is noticeable and easy.

I'm not trying to justify anything i'm just not going to over react to a couple tenths of a second.I never said it was perfect but i also realize i'm playing a racing game and not a drag racing game that needs to be in thousands of second.You can roll a couple feet without getting a drive through.

apexatspeed
16-10-2015, 01:39
I'm not trying to justify anything i'm just not going to over react to a couple tenths of a second.I never said it was perfect but i also realize i'm playing a racing game and not a drag racing game that needs to be in thousands of second.You can roll a couple feet without getting a drive through.

Jumping the start can easily give you edge into turn one. There is no reason for a video game to let someone jump the start. The discussion ends there. You are absolutely justifying it. You say you're not justifying anything and then immediately justify it. That doesn't even make sense. :confused:

GT_Racing
16-10-2015, 01:41
Haha. I'm done. If you guys think being able to jump the start is cool that is fine by me. Personally I will keep thinking it is stupid and nonsense but you guys can accept it if you want.
Edit: If you dont want them penalizing people for jumping the start they should at least make the time random so you can not learn and the memorize the rhythm. Again that is just me. You guys can say and think what you want.

hkraft300
16-10-2015, 01:54
It's not "jumping" the start as in taking off and driving away before lights. That'll get you a drive-through penalty. As it should
It's just timing the release and crossing your grid spot as early as possible to get a good start.
You don't wait for the green light to start your engine, put your car in gear, release the handbrake and get going.
Classic Le Mans start would be fun though, having to run to your car across the road to get going lol...

apexatspeed
16-10-2015, 02:06
It's not "jumping" the start as in taking off and driving away before lights. That'll get you a drive-through penalty. As it should
It's just timing the release and crossing your grid spot as early as possible to get a good start.
You don't wait for the green light to start your engine, put your car in gear, release the handbrake and get going.
Classic Le Mans start would be fun though, having to run to your car across the road to get going lol...

It absolutely is driving away before the green lights come on.

SUBGTRACER
16-10-2015, 02:07
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
OFF TOPIC ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

:)

GT_Racing
16-10-2015, 02:16
What are you talking about? You can literally punch the gas and go in this game. I have never heard of a circuit racing league that lets you roll before the lights go out. I also have never seen a racing league that based false starts on when you leave your box. All forms of circuit racing I have seen count it as a false start once your car starts rolling. I don't know about drag racing, and that doesnt even apply anyway since it is not even in this game.

inthebagbud
16-10-2015, 06:41
In answer to the post on a personal level I am going to ally to a software house as a Q&A tester for xbox software ... as have had loads of experience :applause:

Shinzah
16-10-2015, 06:47
What are you talking about? You can literally punch the gas and go in this game. I have never heard of a circuit racing league that lets you roll before the lights go out. I also have never seen a racing league that based false starts on when you leave your box. All forms of circuit racing I have seen count it as a false start once your car starts rolling. I don't know about drag racing, and that doesnt even apply anyway since it is not even in this game.

I've seen multiple standing starts series that allow forward rolling so long as it isn't aggressive and does not cross the grid space indication line.

Though you can absolutely outright jump the starts in pcars since the error margin is VERY lenient. Though in some cars I tend to dump the clutch as early as I can so the car will take a moment to grab and then will lurch at the light. I don't always get it right, and since I like to be a sadist with no restarts, I tend to just swallow my drive through anyway.

I'm not sure but I think the actual track green status and the lights are not synch'd or have a fairly significant delay between them.

Gherkin44
16-10-2015, 09:46
I would imagine that they would continue to update the game with new cars and tracks, even while Project Cars 2 is in full development since Racing games can never really go out of date, except for graphics, which isn't an issue with PCars. I could see myself dipping in an out for at least a year if they continually add content.

balderz002
16-10-2015, 09:53
If they added enough relevent content, I wouldnt have a need of other racing games. (I dont play any of the other current gen racing games)

But it all depends what SMS bring to the table.

Konan
16-10-2015, 10:14
Custom championships and full animated pit stops....then PCars 2!

Good working flag system would be nice too...

KkDrummer
16-10-2015, 10:35
Good working flag system would be nice too...

yeah! forgot that one!

el3KtroN
16-10-2015, 15:11
or complete the started lap in qualifying (career offline)....

Konan
16-10-2015, 18:13
or complete the started lap in qualifying (career offline)....

Allready done....

Shinzah
16-10-2015, 18:15
If only they'd do it for practice too! That'd be great!

el3KtroN
16-10-2015, 19:28
Allready done....

Its not done, it happens 2 times today. Ps4 Patch 5.0

Konan
16-10-2015, 19:34
Its not done, it happens 2 times today. Ps4 Patch 5.0

I guess you better report this then because it was fixed quite some time ago...
Must admit that i haven't had the time (read opportunity) to play since 5.0...
Damn the wife and her soaps/sitcoms/shows...

balderz002
17-10-2015, 07:05
Damn the wife and her soaps/sitcoms/shows...

I'm still at that stage of marriage where my wife wants to spend time with me! Which does tend to affect PCars play time! Give it another 10 years and things might be different!

Konan
17-10-2015, 07:17
I'm still at that stage of marriage where my wife wants to spend time with me! Which does tend to affect PCars play time! Give it another 10 years and things might be different!

Another 10? I allready put 21 years in...lol

balderz002
17-10-2015, 07:27
I've only been married for one!

Konan
17-10-2015, 07:40
I've only been married for one!

Like you said...give it about 10 years... Just kidding...
If i could go back 21 years,i wouldn't change a thing...and no...the wife is NOT reading my posts hahaha...

balderz002
17-10-2015, 07:50
Mate, we all get conditioned in the end. We do their bidding if we want to or not! Its just the way our brains work I guess

Shinzah
17-10-2015, 07:55
Like you said...give it about 10 years... Just kidding...
If i could go back 21 years,i wouldn't change a thing...and no...the wife is NOT reading my posts hahaha...

...Yes she is.

They always do.

Say something mean, try it.

You're gonna hear it again in the next fite.

You're gonna, Konan.

Many good men have fallen victim to this trap.

Konan
17-10-2015, 08:28
...Yes she is.

They always do.

Say something mean, try it.

You're gonna hear it again in the next fite.

You're gonna, Konan.

Many good men have fallen victim to this trap.

Well i've tried it...just called her a b***ch...
Big fight... You should have put "write" in stead of "say" something mean...
Thanks a lot!

Just joking off course...:p

Shinzah
17-10-2015, 08:30
Many men have fallen into that trap too ^^;

Konan
17-10-2015, 08:36
Good one mate... :-))