PDA

View Full Version : Few questions regarding pitstops

mjolnir_markiv
15-10-2015, 05:37
That's might be a stupid question, but I've just started my experience witht Project Cars on PS4 and only did a few free races.

How do I add fuel before the event? I'm running out of fuel on the track. Why pitstops doesn't work for me? Nothing changes, I just drive through them. I tweaked pitstop strategy left and right with no succes -- same predefiend amount of fuel, no refill during the race. That seems like a big issue to overlook, so it's probably me doing smth wrong.

Konan
15-10-2015, 06:07
In some races you are not allowed to refuell...
Before the start you can set the amount of fuel during qualifying and race...something with the R1 button in setup screen.
You can also set your pit strategy there,be sure to set change tires
Also when you drive in the pits a little pop up screen should appear...there you can alter things too...
When you take an unexpected pit stop this screen won't appear...you have to push the button "request pit stop"
Look in the controller settings menu to see which button this is (I changed it so I can't tell you which one it is)

Konan
15-10-2015, 07:51
So now i'm on my ps4...
Before the race go to "edit tuning set up "... Push L2...There you see the fuel load...with a prediction of how many laps you can drive (approximately) always take a few more litres than needed...et voila!
So now we're back in the first menu...go to "edit pit strategy"...push square button to create a strategy...name it...so now you can set what you want to be done during the stop (fuel and tires)...when you press R1 you can set the damage repairs...save...et voila!
Remember not all races allow refuelling and if there's not a mandatory pit stop you have to request one...otherwise you just drive through the pits...
Hope this helped?

mjolnir_markiv
15-10-2015, 13:28
Thanks, Konan, that helped.

Though I must say that's a little counter-intuitive. When I first glanced over default tuning setup, it says 50+ litres in my fuel tank, but whenever I started the race it dropped to default 6-7-8-9 litres depending on the track. I didn't change anything in tuning setup, just saved it by pressing X and here we go -- 50 litres as requested, I could finally finish the race.

Konan
15-10-2015, 13:31
Thanks, Konan, that helped.

Though I must say that's a little counter-intuitive. When I first glanced over default tuning setup, it was 50+ litres, but whenever I started the race it dropped to default 6-7-8-9 litres depending on the track. I didn't change anything in tuning setup, just saved it by pressing X and here we go -- 50 litres as requested, I could finally finish the race.

You're welkome... glad i could help