PDA

View Full Version : New Pitstop-Bug since Patch 5.0

Renoldo1990
15-10-2015, 12:31
Hey,

Since the last update to version 5.0 i'm experiencing a new Pitstop Issue.
When i choose 'Change tyres: no' in the Pitstop-Menue, the Crew doesn't change the tyres but i still get the tyre-pressures which are displayed in the pit-stop menue. So if you don't chance the tyres it can happen that you have wrong tyre-pressures after the pitstop allthough you haven't changed them.

I experienced it with the BMW 320 Turbo and with the McLaren C12 GT3 on Bathurst und Nurburgring Sprint on Playstation 4/online&offline.

Anyone else having this problem?

Sorry if this is already a known issue.

Raven403
15-10-2015, 14:59
Hey,

Since the last update to version 5.0 i'm experiencing a new Pitstop Issue.
When i choose 'Change tyres: no' in the Pitstop-Menue, the Crew doesn't change the tyres but i still get the tyre-pressures which are displayed in the pit-stop menue. So if you don't chance the tyres it can happen that you have wrong tyre-pressures after the pitstop allthough you haven't changed them.

I experienced it with the BMW 320 Turbo and with the McLaren C12 GT3 on Bathurst und Nurburgring Sprint on Playstation 4/online&offline.

Anyone else having this problem?

Sorry if this is already a known issue.

Will have to test it out later on PC. Thanks for bringing it up, thats good to know. Usually the pressures in my strats are the same as my setups tho so it probably wont get noticed by alot of people

t0daY
15-10-2015, 15:03
I think this happened already in patch 3.0 I believe. But I did not think it is a bug. Although sometimes it is quite important to change the tirepressures but not the tire itself. I would suggest another bar which would ask for changing tire pressure yes/no. But maybe I am totally wrong :D :D

Raven403
15-10-2015, 15:05
Right, it may not be a bug at all, but the crew adjusts your pressures without changing the tires. meaning some people might want to come in and do that? So it might not be a bug whatsoever

Yorkie065
15-10-2015, 15:20
Right, it may not be a bug at all, but the crew adjusts your pressures without changing the tires. meaning some people might want to come in and do that? So it might not be a bug whatsoever

After readings t0day's post, thats exactly what I thought. This could just be working as intended, allowing people to adjust the pressures if they're saying going into a night race but don't want to loose the time swapping tyres and double stinting.

Just to be safe, it's always a good idea to reset your pit strategies when going into a long organised race. May not be overly convenient to do, but it's worth it if you don't want to end up going out with the wrong tyres, tyre pressures or fuel loads if you do end up making a trip to the pits and forgetting that you hadn't adjusted your strategy.

I would suggest another bar which would ask for changing tire pressure yes/no.

Nice idea, and a good way of preventing pressures from changing if people don't have them set at the right bar correctly.

Renoldo1990
15-10-2015, 15:47
For example in a 30 Laps Race with 50% dry condition and 50% wet conditions. Before the race i choose tyre pressures for wet conditions for my pit-stop stratey. So I choose very low tyre pressures.
But if I get a damage on my car before it starts to rain and I only want to repair the car it also adopts the tyre pressures from my 'wet'-pitstop-strategy. In my opinion 95% of the project cars drivers around would do the same and get the wrong tyre pressures. So if it's intended from the developers it is very delusive.

As said above a bar which would ask for changing tire pressure yes/no would be perfect.
If you choose 'yes' it should also cost some time. I don't think that you can change tyre pressures without having a longer holding time.

t0daY
15-10-2015, 15:52
For example in a 30 Laps Race with 50% dry condition and 50% wet conditions. Before the race i choose tyre pressures for wet conditions. So I choose very low tyre pressures.
But if I get a damage on my car before it starts to rain and I only want to repair the car it also adopts the tyre pressures from my 'wet'-pitstop-strategy. In my opinion 95% of the project cars drivers around would do the same and get the wrong tyre pressures. So if it's intended from the developers it is very delusive.

As said above a bar which would ask for changing tire pressure yes/no would be perfect.
If you choose 'yes' it should also cost some time. I don't think that you can change tyre pressures without having a longer holding time.

Or different strategies. For example a pit strategy which is called "Dry Repairs" with the standart dry pressure you adjusted in the setup before. But yes I do would prefer a bar which asks me for changing tire pressure :D :D. Although an opportunity to save multiple setups but well thats another topic :P

MikeyTT
15-10-2015, 18:09
I got stung by this behaviour last night in the TGC G40 race. After collecting the barrier I pit, choose my "Repair Only" strategy and I hear "phhhht, psssss". 2 laps later my tires are running at 130 degC instead of a nice 85 degC as they were before I pitted.

I really would not have expected the pressures to change, if I'm not changing tyres. Whilst I can see why you might want this, I think that 90+% of times you don't change tyres you also wouldn't want pressures changed. It's a fairly small % of people that would want to adjust pressures and not tyres IMO.

I'll second the option to not have the pressures changed UI option.

But now I know and I'll certainly plan ahead for that in the future.

hkraft300
16-10-2015, 01:15
There is a possibility this was happening even before patch 4.0, and I agree it's an interesting and handy feature, although there maybe another issue.
Last month I did a Lotus 98T race at Watkins Glen. Box for repairs only, no tire change. Within half a lap my tires were all >140C and even parking it for a few minutes didn't bring the temp down. Box for tire change and it was ok. This has happened to me a few times just in this car. But...

...This could've affected my race last night: Sauber C9 15 laps at Bathurst, performance damage, mech failure on, tire + fuel real. Stopped for a splash of fuel, didn't take note of pressures they were ~1.6 bar mark but didn't specify a tire change. Within half a lap my rear tires were >120c. With a tire change (correct pressures) it was ok again.

I'll have to try in those 2 specific cars to replicate the problem, and test whether the crew are changing pressures and get exact figures.

N0body Of The Goat
16-10-2015, 08:20
Created a server at Dubai International with x7 tyre wear, me in BMW M3 GT against 30 AI.

In qualifying, I created a pit strategy, where I set all four tyre pressures to 1.50 BAR but tyre change to "no."

In race, with a default setup, I entered the pits with...

But while in the pit box, I heard an air hissing sound and then left the box with...

hkraft300
16-10-2015, 08:49
"it's not a bug, it's a feature" ;)

Cheers Goat.

Looks like you can set cold pressures and have them adjusted in the box.
If you set 1.5 bar cold pressure, looks like pit crew putting in the hot pressure. That's awesome.

Bealdor
16-10-2015, 08:53
"it's not a bug, it's a feature" ;)

Cheers Goat.

Looks like you can set cold pressures and have them adjusted in the box.
If you set 1.5 bar cold pressure, looks like pit crew putting in the hot pressure. That's awesome.

No, you're setting hot pressures for cars that use tire warmers (GT3, LMP, FA) and cold pressures for cars that don't have them.
The 1.5 bar are hot pressures. I don't know what the standard temp for them is (90C?) but the image shows that Goat's tires were warmer than that.
A delta of 0.11 bar is not big enough of a difference for cold vs. hot.

hkraft300
16-10-2015, 09:06
No, you're setting hot pressures for cars that use tire warmers (GT3, LMP, FA) and cold pressures for cars that don't have them.
The 1.5 bar are hot pressures. I don't know what the standard temp for them is (90C?) but the image shows that Goat's tires were warmer than that.

You said it better.
By "cold pressure" I meant the pressure you start race/exit the garage at, and by hot pressure I mean the on-track, on-pace pressure. Because temps are slightly different and they fluctuate.
But you end up with the set "mass" of air in the tire, yes?

I'm sorry I'm not down with the lingo, ok? :p

CoTiNhO
16-10-2015, 09:47
With default setups it's impossible change the tires when you want. You can entry in the pit like you bought a lotto and wait for the numbers.... Jajaja

Hope to fix soon

M. -VIPER- Morgan
16-10-2015, 10:52

IMO there is a problem in general that such infos are not available in a manual or something else. And there are many such small important things. (someone attempts to collect these things -> Wiki (http://en.pcars.shoutwiki.com/wiki/Physics)).
It is sometimes difficult for a player, who is a sim racer and deals with every detail of a sim racing game, but don't know how such things are implemented.
At some points you can say, it reacts like in real life. But then you have to know, what of the real life is really implemented in game.

hkraft300
16-10-2015, 12:44
With default setups it's impossible change the tires when you want. You can entry in the pit like you bought a lotto and wait for the numbers.... Jajaja

Hope to fix soon

Force Default Setup causes a force default pit strategy too, from what I'm seeing.

IMO there is a problem in general that such infos are not available in a manual or something else. And there are many such small important things. (someone attempts to collect these things -> Wiki (http://en.pcars.shoutwiki.com/wiki/Physics)).
It is sometimes difficult for a player, who is a sim racer and deals with every detail of a sim racing game, but don't know how such things are implemented.
At some points you can say, it reacts like in real life. But then you have to know, what of the real life is really implemented in game.

PV=mRT
That'll get you started on the tire pressures ;)
The wiki is a good place to start. Do some basic reading of kinetics (for springs and dampers) and thermodynamics, you'll be right :)