PDA

View Full Version : Random weather isn't working.

Blupp
15-10-2015, 16:27
Hi,

the random weather for multiple slots isn't working. Every time you select random for a slot, the weather changes to clear. For constant weather throughout the race, the random function works, only for multiple slots it doesn't.

For example if you have two slots:
rain, random -> it is raining and then gets clear, every time.
random, rain -> it is clear and then starts to rain.
random, random -> the complete race is clear.

It looks like random was replaced by clear and should be easy to replicate, since I get it 100% of the time.

Renoldo1990
15-10-2015, 17:25
Same here.

But just for online races.

N0body Of The Goat
15-10-2015, 17:34
Does it work if you do a Quick Race Weekend, with 4 weather slots of "random" and x30 weather progression, going straight to race (no practice; qual; warmup)?

Blupp
15-10-2015, 17:39
I tried quick race, race only and 4 slots. Weather progression was set to "sync to race". It works when I set the weather manually, like fog, rain, haze. But random never worked.

Renoldo1990
16-10-2015, 07:24
Hey,

I tried it again today. It is not only the 'random' weather that isn't working properly. I created an online race. 31 Laps with two weater Slots. Clear and heavy rain. 'sync to race'. It stayed dry all race.

Afterwards i created a new online race. 10 Laps this time. Two slots. Clear and heavy rain. Weather progression x5. Stayed dry all race.
Any change to drive an online race starting in dry conditions and ending in rain? :(

Blupp
23-10-2015, 13:19
Yeah I also tried something else. Fixed weather is also broken, on some tracks random doesn't work.

Mahjik
23-10-2015, 13:27
Yeah I also tried something else. Fixed weather is also broken, on some tracks random doesn't work.

Can you be more specific? What do you mean "on some tracks random doesn't work"? What happens or doesn't happen that you expect?

Raven403
23-10-2015, 13:35
Hey,

I tried it again today. It is not only the 'random' weather that isn't working properly. I created an online race. 31 Laps with two weater Slots. Clear and heavy rain. 'sync to race'. It stayed dry all race.

Afterwards i created a new online race. 10 Laps this time. Two slots. Clear and heavy rain. Weather progression x5. Stayed dry all race.
Any change to drive an online race starting in dry conditions and ending in rain? :(

Did you have any other sessions besides Race. ie Warmup/Quali/Practice?

Blupp
23-10-2015, 13:39
Can you be more specific? What do you mean "on some tracks random doesn't work"? What happens or doesn't happen that you expect?

I am not sure if it's only on some tracks, maybe it didn't work in general. But i drove 5 short races today, on 3 different tracks, weather was set to fixed and random, but in all 5 races the weather was clear. But I could swear it worked some days ago and now it doesn't. I don't know, something is wrong with the weather, that's for sure.

Raven403
23-10-2015, 13:41
I am not sure if it's only on some tracks, maybe it didn't work in general. But i drove 5 short races today, on 3 different tracks, weather was set to fixed and random, but in all 5 races the weather was clear. but I could swear it worked some days ago. I don't know, something is wrong with the weather, that's for sure.

How long were the Races

Did you have a Practice/Quali/Warmup Session

Was it on Sync to Race

Was this in Career, Quick Race, or MP

Blupp
23-10-2015, 13:44
How long were the Races

Did you have a Practice/Quali/Warmup Session

Was it on Sync to Race

Was this in Career, Quick Race, or MP

The weather was fixed, there is no sync to race on fixed weather. It was a quick race, everything disabled but the race with 6 laps. The other stuff works, but random always ends up in clear weather.

Raven403
23-10-2015, 13:47
The weather was fixed, there is no sync to race on fixed weather. It was a quick race, everything disabled but the race with 6 laps. The other stuff works, but random always ends up in clear weather.

Right, good point.

Definitely strange, should be noted.

U on PC, XB, PS4?

Blupp
23-10-2015, 13:50
I play on PC. When I opened this thread I only thought random at multiple slots don't work, but now it doesn't work at fixed for me either.

Raven403
23-10-2015, 13:53
I play on PC. When I opened this thread I only thought random at multiple slots don't work, but now it doesn't work at fixed for me either.

It does seem super weird that Random would give you clear weather all 5 races, hell I wouldnt even have expected clear weather on Random in 1 of 5, It always seemed to give me Rain or Heavy fog or some ungodly condition on Random, but Ill have to test this out myself on PC now too. Come to think of it, the last time i used a Random slot, I had it set to Rain-Random, Synced to a 4 lapper, and wouldnt you know it it got Clear halfway through.......but thats one race, ill have to try it out. Good catch

Blupp
24-10-2015, 18:30
Ok, I think I got it now. Random weather works in practice. In quickrace it's completely broken, fixed and multiple slots always result in clear weather.
It seems like a minor flaw to me that can be fixed relatively easy. The weather is working, but is not chosen correctly, it looks like it always chooses the default value (clear).

flybikes
24-10-2015, 23:35
I know that are multiple threads around the weather in this forum, but I want to make sure that the developers read this:

The weather is completly broken at every level!

1 - The weather sync to race don`t work

2 - The random weather don`t work

3 - The weather progression don`t work (resets after each session)

The dynamic weather was always a major plus in this game. How can it be completly broken right now? A urgent patch is needed and please don`t touch in the weather code lines after that.

VanquishedVantage
24-10-2015, 23:52
please don`t touch in the weather code lines after that.
The bait is real.

3800racingfool
25-10-2015, 05:18
Just ran a nearly 2 hour race today. Used 2 weather slots, both set to random. Weather changed over and worked perfect for me. Started off cloudy before clearing up a bit then started raining the last 5 laps.

About the only thing I could find remotely wrong with the weather is that there seems to be a lot of "it's partly cloudy and raining" but other than that, it's worked great for me.

DriftManiaX
25-10-2015, 07:22
Yes its true after a practice or qualify the weather or time resets.
Thats stupid if you end your qualify in the dark you should start your race in de dark unless you should be able to chance the race date.

JohnSchoonsBeard
25-10-2015, 07:46
I would expect weather and time to reset after qualifying. Typically they are on seperate days at similar times to each other (although not always).

Every time slot is an hour which is reduced when weather progression is sped up. E.g. x2 weather makes weather slots 30 minutes each.

Sync to race doesn't appear to work when the race has other sessions (practice or qualifying). I believe that is a known bug. So at the moment I'm not using sync to race. By adjusting the number of slots and speed of weather you should still be able to get roughly the desired weather.

F1Aussie
25-10-2015, 11:54
Real weather works fine for me in the fact that it seems to be quite accurate with the forecasts, that is all i use.

F1Aussie
25-10-2015, 11:58
I would expect weather and time to reset after qualifying. Typically they are on seperate days at similar times to each other (although not always).

Every time slot is an hour which is reduced when weather progression is sped up. E.g. x2 weather makes weather slots 30 minutes each.

Sync to race doesn't appear to work when the race has other sessions (practice or qualifying). I believe that is a known bug. So at the moment I'm not using sync to race. By adjusting the number of slots and speed of weather you should still be able to get roughly the desired weather.

Why would weather reset if p, q and race are on different days? I don't like this new time reset feature for each session and it seems to reset the weather so it is the same for each session also even in dynamic. That is not right.

TrevorAustin
25-10-2015, 12:36
I know that are multiple threads around the weather in this forum, but I want to make sure that the developers read this:

The weather is completly broken at every level!

1 - The weather sync to race don`t work

2 - The random weather don`t work

3 - The weather progression don`t work (resets after each session)

The dynamic weather was always a major plus in this game. How can it be completly broken right now? A urgent patch is needed and please don`t touch in the weather code lines after that.
Doesn't , but actually it does

Roger Prynne
25-10-2015, 12:53
The weather sync to race don`t work
Actually it does work OK if you just go to race.

Blupp
25-10-2015, 15:46
Just try out some quickraces, set the weather to fixed and random and disable everything except the race. I promise you, you wont see anything but clear weather.

flybikes
25-10-2015, 17:49
Actually it does work OK if you just go to race.

I never go directly to race.