PDA

View Full Version : G27 and T300 brake pedals randomly engaging, NEED HELP!!

SGETI
15-10-2015, 20:58
I recently posted this in the PS4 section but received only one suggestion, so please excuse the double post, I just want to play this great game. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

At this point if you suggested I stand on one foot, right hand in the air with my eyes closed, while facing North and cough three times might help, I just might try it.

I have PS4, a T300 with G27 pedals. I am using the Thrustmaster Wheel to Logitech Pedal Adapter .

The problem is the brake pedal randomly engages. Any where from 5-10% up to full 100%. Sometimes the gas stays at my input and other times the brakes goes full and the throttle goes to zero, even when I still have 100% full throttle. This happens for split seconds at a time. I used the HUD display and can see the brake pedal randomly engaging , the throttle going to zero. If you were driving behind me in a race you would swear I was brake checking you. I have tried on numerous tracks, numerous cars, quick mode, solo mode and online mode. Anyone have this happen to them?

This is what I have done to trouble shot the issue.

Unplugged wheel, yes I do have the switch on PS4.
Recalibrated the wheel and pedals.
Unplugged pedal adapter
I took apart the G27 pedals thinking it was the Potentiometers. Instead of cleaning the brake pedal, I switched out my full clutch pedal assembly with my broken brake assembly. I rarely have used the clutch, prefer paddles. So the clutch potentiometer is basically new.

I tried my PS3 with GT6 and the pedals work fine, not one issue. ????
I then tried PS4, Drive Club and again the peddles worked fine. ???

I did rebuild the database. still same problem.

updated firm ware to V25, same problem.
plugged in the original Thrusmaster T300 pedals, still same problem.
used a controller to make sure issue not with wheel or cables, same problem.
The adapter is from Ricmotech, I talked to them last night, no circuits in the adapted, only rewiring tongle. Gave me trouble shooting info, again same problem.

I need some help.

I am open to any and all ideas to fix this issue.

gti
15-10-2015, 22:16
Try it on a PC and confirm the wheel/pedal is working fine would be my first suggestion (if you have not done that yet). That isolates a lot of things you are unsure of.

SGETI
15-10-2015, 23:04
Just tried the wheel and pedals with Assetto Corsa, worked fine. I do not have PCars on PC only PS4.

gti
15-10-2015, 23:18
Hm then next logical step is to wipe out PCars from the PS4 and reinstall from scratch ... better yet would be also to find another PS4 with PCars for a test of course.
I don't have PS4 so can't comment much further. Good luck. At least the wheel/pedal is fine I am pretty sure which is important.

SGETI
15-10-2015, 23:28
Thank you for trying to help me. I am leaning towards deleting Pcars and then reinstall.

Just hoping someone has another idea before I have to erase all my tunes.

Mahjik
16-10-2015, 00:06
Moved to PS4 Tech as someone with more PS4 experience may have suggestions for you. You had posted in the PC Technical section where not many PS4 users visit.

SGETI
16-10-2015, 00:13
Already posted in PS4 as I stated above. I was hoping for more exposure and results here. If you have moved, then you may as well delete since the same thread disc is already opened. thank you.

Liquid7394
16-10-2015, 02:48
I'd suggest doing a full reset of your wheel settings first to see if it helps, this won't delete tunes. If that doesn't work then delete and re-install the game, again this won't delete tunes. If you still have the issue after that then backup your savedata to a USB or upload it the cloud, then delete your savedata, you will lose your tunes.

If none of that works then transfer your savedata backup back to your PS4 so you get your tunes back, then contact Thrustmaster and see if they can help.

wyldanimal
16-10-2015, 04:21
I recently posted this in the PS4 section but received only one suggestion, so please excuse the double post, I just want to play this great game. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

At this point if you suggested I stand on one foot, right hand in the air with my eyes closed, while facing North and cough three times might help, I just might try it.

I have PS4, a T300 with G27 pedals. I am using the Thrustmaster Wheel to Logitech Pedal Adapter .

The problem is the brake pedal randomly engages. Any where from 5-10% up to full 100%. Sometimes the gas stays at my input and other times the brakes goes full and the throttle goes to zero, even when I still have 100% full throttle. This happens for split seconds at a time. I used the HUD display and can see the brake pedal randomly engaging , the throttle going to zero. If you were driving behind me in a race you would swear I was brake checking you. I have tried on numerous tracks, numerous cars, quick mode, solo mode and online mode. Anyone have this happen to them?

This is what I have done to trouble shot the issue.

Unplugged wheel, yes I do have the switch on PS4.
Recalibrated the wheel and pedals.
Unplugged pedal adapter
I took apart the G27 pedals thinking it was the Potentiometers. Instead of cleaning the brake pedal, I switched out my full clutch pedal assembly with my broken brake assembly. I rarely have used the clutch, prefer paddles. So the clutch potentiometer is basically new.

I tried my PS3 with GT6 and the pedals work fine, not one issue. ????
I then tried PS4, Drive Club and again the peddles worked fine. ???

I did rebuild the database. still same problem.

updated firm ware to V25, same problem.
plugged in the original Thrusmaster T300 pedals, still same problem.
used a controller to make sure issue not with wheel or cables, same problem.
The adapter is from Ricmotech, I talked to them last night, no circuits in the adapted, only rewiring tongle. Gave me trouble shooting info, again same problem.

I need some help.

I am open to any and all ideas to fix this issue.

I read your Other Post as well.

I too use the T300 with my G27 pedals with the Ricmotech adapter ( plus I have the Load cell kit )

not had a single issue, so lets rule out the Adapter..

You also said that with the TM pedals it does the same..
and you also said that using the DS4 control it does the same...

and Only with pCars.

I would think something is funky with your User Profile,
Pedal sensitivity settings.. Dead zone settings.

Back up your pCars profile to USB or PS plus.
the delete your pCars Profile ( you will be starting over )

if that doesn't resolve it.
Then I'd do a full wipe of Pcars and re-install it.

I think your T300 and your G27 pedals are Fine..
some setting if pCars got funky and is causing it.

chig88
16-10-2015, 09:57
If it's happening with both sets of pedals and with a DS4, and the pedals are working fine with other games, then it's obviously a pcars problem.

I'd say you've tried pretty much all of the logical troubleshooting steps - might be time for a reinstall I'm afraid :(.

Before you do that though, could you post a video of the problem to ensure that it's not a setup error or something?

SGETI
16-10-2015, 20:03
Full wipe of Pcars and re-install.

That was the solution to my problem.

In the scheme of things in life, losing my video game data is no big deal, not the worst thing to happen to me this month or even the whole year. Just another bump in the road of life.

APPRECIATE all who took the time to try and help me resolve this issue.