PDA

View Full Version : Problem with brakes on csr elite pedals

Gloomy
16-10-2015, 01:14
My brakes just started acting up, it happened right after the 5.0 patch but that may just be a coincidence. I'm on ps4 so I have no way of testing them out on another game since this is the only game that supports fanatec.

When I go into calibration they immediately go to 100% at any pressure I push. And in game they seem to be sticking somewhere around 15%. So my question is could it be that the load cell is bad? Anyone ever experience this issue with these pedals, I've only had them for about 3 months and I don't play that often, I have about 100 hours into the game, seems like a short time for them to go bad if that is the case.

Also when I try to calibrate the pedals my L2 button stops working, but that's always been a problem. So to recalibrate I have to constantly restart the game to continue testing them out.

Liquid7394
16-10-2015, 03:01
Does Fanatec have some sort of profiler on PC that you can test the pedals with?

Also, your L2 button won't work if your putting pressure on the brake. In the menu the brake functions as L2 and throttle R2, so if your brakes are stuck at 15% then L2 won't work.

Gloomy
16-10-2015, 04:07
I took the brake pedal apart, removed the load cell and then put it all back and it was working again for a few laps. But then it started going out again.
I tried the fanatec file on my pc to try and calibrate it, there was something definitely wrong with the brake pedal. The pressure was erratic so I'm guessing ill most likely just need a load cell replacement.

mcbrew
16-10-2015, 13:49
i`ve had the same thing happen to me some time ago. I replaced the loadcell and it works fine now. I ordered it from the fanatec website and 2 days later it was delivered. The new loadcell feels a lot stiffer than the one before. I need to push quite hard to get to full braking. (feels a lot better than before).

Mascot
16-10-2015, 14:02
I took the brake pedal apart, removed the load cell and then put it all back and it was working again for a few laps. But then it started going out again.
I tried the fanatec file on my pc to try and calibrate it, there was something definitely wrong with the brake pedal. The pressure was erratic so I'm guessing ill most likely just need a load cell replacement.

I've got a load cell. PM sent.

Pappa_Stig
17-10-2015, 00:06
My brakes just started acting up, it happened right after the 5.0 patch but that may just be a coincidence. I'm on ps4 so I have no way of testing them out on another game since this is the only game that supports fanatec.

Sounds like you've identified the problem as the load cell, but just for info, F1 2015 supports Fanatec. Also so does The Crew, even though it's unrealistic, it's still quite a bit of fun with a wheel. Driveclub's the only racing game I have that doesn't support my CSR+CSP combo, which is a bummer, because it's a cool game, but I don't want to go back to racing with a DS4.

Gloomy
17-10-2015, 13:39
Thanks for the heads up, I'll have to try the crew out with my wheel, It's been awhile since I've played it, I don't mind some arcade racing every now and then.
It is a bummer about driveclub, I played it alot with the ds4, but when you get used to a wheel, it's not as fun racing with a controller. I used to have a g27 for the grid and dirt games on ps3. But got the fanatec specifically for project cars with the hopes that other racing games will support it too. Good to know other games have added it, gives me hope for more games to add it as well. Just gotta get that dang load cell replaced now.
I'm not sure about the f1 games, the last one I had was 2012 but I wasn't that into it.