PDA

View Full Version : Mandatory Pit Stop... What if I stop before I'm prompted?

jfs
16-10-2015, 03:35
Hey guys,

I'm in a GT3 race, the main race. 28 laps of Brno. The race starts with a light rain, so I start with rain tires. 7 or 8 laps in, the rain stops so I enter the pits for some slick tires. A few laps after that, maybe around the 12th, my pit guy tells me to stop and every lap I get the pit board. But why would I stop, I already did stop for the mandatory tire change... or did I?

No, I got disqualified...

Can someone tell me why?

Thanks,

JFS.

Konan
16-10-2015, 05:23
No...you took an unscheduled pit stop...mandatory is only when the pit window opens (about half way in the race)
When the conditions change I usually wait until the AI goes to pit...when they don't I just stay on track until my mandatory...rain tires can hold up a couple of laps in dry conditions anyway so when I"m close to the mandatory pit stop I just keep going...that way sometimes you have one stop less than the AI and take the advantage...

LigierJSP2
19-10-2015, 18:00
As Konan said, any stop taken before the mandatory pit stop is considered unscheduled and will not count as your normal stop.
I recently played a GT3 race, I believe at Spa, where I pitted on my scheduled lap, and then the game asked me to pit again the next time around. I chose to ignore the wrong call, and still won the race. However, I did try to pit a lap later to hold some track position, and when I came in, I was not allowed to stop as my stall had another car in it. So, I would say play it safe and pit when advised;)

Montana.BE
19-10-2015, 18:10
Hey guys,

I'm in a GT3 race, the main race. 28 laps of Brno. The race starts with a light rain, so I start with rain tires. 7 or 8 laps in, the rain stops so I enter the pits for some slick tires. A few laps after that, maybe around the 12th, my pit guy tells me to stop and every lap I get the pit board. But why would I stop, I already did stop for the mandatory tire change... or did I?

No, I got disqualified...

Can someone tell me why?

Thanks,

JFS.

Man, that's a silly question. Is there a reward for silly questions on this forum ?

This morning, I got out of the door, and my head became wet.

Can somebody tell me what happened ?

Konan
19-10-2015, 18:26
Man, that's a silly question. Is there a reward for silly questions on this forum ?

No reward for that...should be one for ignorant answers though...

Montana.BE
19-10-2015, 18:55
No reward for that...should be one for ignorant answers though...

Ow ? Mine wasn't an answer though, it was pure sarcasm. It's a bit like : if you have to explain a joke, it'll never be funny. But carry on.

RTA nOsKiLlS
19-10-2015, 18:57

Freezing rain maybe?

Konan
19-10-2015, 18:58
Ow ? Mine wasn't an answer though, it was pure sarcasm. It's a bit like : if you have to explain a joke, it'll never be funny. But carry on.

No matter what it was...still uncalled for...

apexatspeed
19-10-2015, 19:48
How many racing leagues force mandatory pits stops if it is raining anyway? That doesn't make sense to force a mandatory pit stop during abnormal weather conditions.

Konan
19-10-2015, 19:54
How many racing leagues force mandatory pits stops if it is raining anyway? That doesn't make sense to force a mandatory pit stop during abnormal weather conditions.

That's a valid point, and maybe should be admitted to the known issues thread, but anyway it is what it is...
The question was asked and answered correctly imo...

Montana.BE
19-10-2015, 21:17
No matter what it was...still uncalled for...

Says a lot about the level

Konan
19-10-2015, 21:21
Says a lot about the level

Right on the money...i rest my case..and oh...i'm being sarcastic

Montana.BE
19-10-2015, 21:32
Right on the money...i rest my case..and oh...i'm being sarcastic

Spelling also seems to be below par here, QED

Konan
20-10-2015, 05:02
Spelling also seems to be below par here, QED

Thank you for those constructive posts...you're a real asset to this forum...