PDA

View Full Version : Why SMS don`t have the license to use brands like Ferrari or Lambos?

flybikes
16-10-2015, 07:28
(sorry my bad english)

Why the SMS don`t have the license to use brands like Ferrari or Lambo? if even Asseto Corsa or Rfactor developers ( that are small companys) have the rights to use that brands.

I don`t understand. Is there a explanation? Ferrari for example is a essencial part of the Le Mans Series. It should be a priority. I don`t undertand why they are not in Project CARS.

resmania
16-10-2015, 07:32
Olny if SMS was Italian company... :p

havocc
16-10-2015, 07:40
Here we go again

Machinist90
16-10-2015, 07:43
they were talking to lambo but nothing confirmed,wouldn't count on ferrari (maybe pcars 2) but there is a modding team planning to make lambo GT3

AB_Attack
16-10-2015, 08:00
Ferrari doesn't like damage for one thing as I understand it. In addition, wild guesses are also moneyz and exclusivity.

I like Lamourghini but like somebody wrote: what have they done in motorsports the last ten-twenty years? That's a fair point I think.

Cheesenium
16-10-2015, 08:40
Here we go again.

Since when ISI has access to Ferrari and Lamborghini?

In the mean time, Kunos has tonnes of license but they have a problem of creating all these licensed content into the game where they still have a fairly long list of cars and tracks that still havent made it to the game. They have a great game in the making but the pace of content creation is extremely slow. I really hope I am not getting only 2 paid DLC this year.

Or you have companies like Milestone who has plenty of licenses like their upcoming rally game has quite a lot of cars like Mitsubishi Lancers, Toyota Celicas, Suzukis along with tonnes of rallycross cars from different eras that even Codemaster dont have, but a lot of their games are unpolished and incomplete. At the end, I rather have a fun, playable game with missing licenses than a game packed with desirable license that is dreadful to play.

People just refuse to understand that licensing isnt as easy or cheap as walking into Walmart to buy a bottle of milk. When you tried to explain to them, most likely you'll see that they will say "I wont buy your reasons".

Plage
16-10-2015, 09:06
what have they done in motorsports the last ten-twenty years?

http://i.imgur.com/z4E4xjX.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/LGnINT9.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/vLrhF8a.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/z3bCtiX.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/5vatuTw.jpg

Gherkin44
16-10-2015, 09:43
Obviously they would be in the game if possible. It's a shame but these things happen. Honestly there are so many cars that aren't Ferrari or Lambo that could be in the game, like Indycar, Touring cars, Stock cars etc that it doesn't even matter.

Cheesenium
16-10-2015, 09:44
I like Lamborghini but like somebody wrote: what have they done in motorsports the last ten-twenty years? That's a fair point I think.

They have tonnes of interesting road cars that there are people who will enjoy it. That alone will make a lot of people excited for it.

AB_Attack
16-10-2015, 12:21
They have tonnes of interesting road cars that there are people who will enjoy it. That alone will make a lot of people excited for it.

Yeah, it was more of a "see if we care Lambo corps, talk to our hands, we don't need you" :D

balderz002
16-10-2015, 12:25
Since they are owned by Audi, you would think it would be easier, if you already had Audi, to get Lamborghini........

Invincible
16-10-2015, 12:31
I think they're managing their licenses on their own.

Otherwise even Porsche should be possible (although effing expensive). And we would probably already have VW.

TwilightUA
16-10-2015, 12:35
What's the point of this type of topic? There is a car request thread, where you can post what cars you'd like to see in-game. There are a lot of car brands that isn't here yet and creating new threads will not help to bring them faster (or at all).

FS7
16-10-2015, 12:37
Lots of people ask for certain cars/manufacturers but nobody ever offers to pay for the license.

balderz002
16-10-2015, 12:40
What's the point of this type of topic? There is a car request thread, where you can post what cars you'd like to see in-game. There are a lot of car brands that isn't here yet and creating new threads will not help to bring them faster (or at all).

Quite right dear boy! Mods, lock this thread and throw away the key!

balderz002
16-10-2015, 12:41
Lots of people ask for certain cars/manufacturers but nobody ever offers to pay for the license.

I wonder if we knew the cost, would that be an extra crowdfunding victory? I might put in, if it meant getting cars I want to play!

Invincible
16-10-2015, 12:42
You could probably a real car from said manufacturers for those license fees.

Bealdor
16-10-2015, 12:50
You could probably a real car from said manufacturers for those license fees.

More like two or three. ;)

Invincible
16-10-2015, 12:54
More like two or three. ;)
You know anything about those figures or is it just a guesstimate? If you're right, that would mean a license for every virtual car may cost just as much as the real deal

flybikes
16-10-2015, 13:00

The point is that I asked (the main question) why SMS don't have acess to the brand if the other 2 or 3 small companies that make RFactor and Asseto Corsa had the acess. Duh

If you are inteligent enough to know why, please tell to the comunity.

And sincerely, Yes theres a lot of brands or Serie that are not present in the game but very few have the sound so beautiful and iconic as a Ferrari.

Bealdor
16-10-2015, 13:03
Kunos got those licenses for cheap most likely because they're an italian company and RFactor doesn't have a Lambo license.

flybikes
16-10-2015, 13:10

The thing is.. We pay a lot more than that with the DLC's.

Every possible money that SMS would pay, would be recovered in no time. "Everyone" would buy the DLC. That is the truth and you know that.

Pappa_Stig
16-10-2015, 13:18
I wish SMS could re-licence all the content from the Test Drive Ferrari game they made. I loved that game, despite it having about half a second of input lag that made it damn near unplayable lol. I'm just a sucker for historic tracks and cars, especially Ferraris! I'd pay the price of Pcars again for a DLC with all the cars and tracks from Test Drive: FRL. I seriously would!

chig88
16-10-2015, 13:20
Here we go again

Here we go again.

Yes, here we go again indeed. Heaven forbid anyone actually ask a question on this forum.

TwilightUA
16-10-2015, 13:49
Yes, here we go again indeed. Heaven forbid anyone actually ask a question on this forum.

Yeah, instead let's create dozens of threads asking why there are no Subaru yet, Nissan, Honda, Chevy, Cadillac, etc.

Raven403
16-10-2015, 13:56
yeah, dont see the need but then again, 3 pages worth of people have responded............

chig88
16-10-2015, 14:02
Yeah, instead let's create dozens of threads asking why there are no Subaru yet, Nissan, Honda, Chevy, Cadillac, etc.

And where are these dozens of threads exactly? Must only be visible to some because I certainly haven't seen that many.

The guy had a legitimate query - if you don't want to answer or aren't interested in the topic then don't click on it.

Also, if you look under his/her name you will see they only registered this month so maybe, just maybe, they haven't seen this question answered before.

Bealdor
16-10-2015, 14:10
Keep the discussion civil and friendly please folks. It's weekend after all. :)

The thing is.. We pay a lot more that with the DLC's.

Every possible money that SMS would pay, would be recovered in no time. "Everyone" would buy the DLC. That is the truth and you know that.

I think you're underestimating the costs of a Lambo or Ferrari license or you're overestimating how much money SMS is making with DLC sales.

Nonetheless Ian already stated that they're talking with Lambo:

So let's see what transpires :)

Lamborghini we can do without restrictions. We are in communication with them now.

Regarding Ferrari: MS seems to have an exclusive license for them on their console which means you'd have to sublicense those cars:

Not Turn 10, Microsoft for Ferrari on their platform.

SUBGTRACER
16-10-2015, 14:18
Well I just think they are going on the cheap for this game , holding out on us for the next ......

TwilightUA
16-10-2015, 14:19
And where are these dozens of threads exactly? Must only be visible to some because I certainly haven't seen that many.

And that is the point I'm trying to make. There isn't any.

The guy had a legitimate query - if you don't want to answer or aren't interested in the topic then don't click on it. query
Also, if you look under his/her name you will see they only registered this month so maybe, just maybe, they haven't seen this question answered before.

Fair enough.

balderz002
16-10-2015, 14:20

:

Regarding Ferrari: MS seems to have an exclusive license for them on their console which means you'd have to sublicense those cars:

Sorry xbone users, everyone's getting Ferrari except you! Lol. Purely a wind up post, not meant to offend, or give out incorrect information! Just thought I would clarify, for all those forum elitists!

TheReaper GT
16-10-2015, 14:25
Sorry xbone users, everyone's getting Ferrari except you! Lol. Purely a wind up post, not meant to offend, or give out incorrect information! Just thought I would clarify, for all those forum elitists!

Let's see how Assetto Corsa plays in this field since they major license is ferrari and the console version is coming to both platforms..

flybikes
16-10-2015, 14:48
Keep the discussion civil and friendly please folks. It's weekend after all. :)

I think you're underestimating the costs of a Lambo or Ferrari license or you're overestimating how much money SMS is making with DLC sales.

I see the things in this way:

1 million copy solds right?
Lets supose that 20% would buy the DLC and because it'a a Ferrari DLC it would cost 10 euro.

200.000 x 10. = 2 million euros.

Here's your money back and this is understimating

And I'm not counting that the sales of the main game probably would increase a bit and the brand PROJECT CARS would be a lot more valuable.

Sometimes you have to throw money out of the window to have huge profits.

Bealdor
16-10-2015, 14:56
I see the things in this way:

1 million copy solds right?
Lets supose that 20% would buy the DLC and because it'a a Ferrari DLC it would cost 10 euro.

200.000 x 10. = 2 million euros.

Here's your money back and this is understimating

And I'm not counting that the sales of the main game probably would increase a bit.

Or Sms could do a royalties deal..

You forgot to substract VAT, share for the first parties, share for Bandai NAMCO, various fix costs, development costs for those cars...etc

You're happy if there's 20% left of that 2mil (and that's probably overestimated).

chig88
16-10-2015, 15:07
You forgot to substract VAT, share for the first parties, share for Bandai NAMCO, various fix costs, development costs for those cars...etc

You're happy if there's 20% left of that 2mil (and that's probably overestimated).

Don't forget the cut that goes towards the upkeep of the S.S. Ian Bell :p

flybikes
16-10-2015, 15:48

All of that would be peanuts for the tremendous added value to the game, by a brand like Ferrari.

A simulator without a brand like Ferrari seems a little incomplete to be honest with you. Tomorrow here in Portugal I`m gonna see the Le Mans 4 Hours Series.. obviously Ferrari will gona be present.

And once again, I understimated the values. A lot of people, would buy THE Ferrari DLC not for 10, but for 15 euros, 20 euros or even 25 euros with 5/6 cars and 1 track and that`s like 5 million dollars. That`s why every single game developer is betting on DLC`s. It`s the new thing.

Besides that, I doubt that the game developers that made RFactor and Asseto Corsa, payed anything close to that value... very very far.

Cheesenium
16-10-2015, 16:49
Let's see how Assetto Corsa plays in this field since they major license is ferrari and the console version is coming to both platforms..

They will probably jump through all the legal hoops just to get those content on consoles. Even if that means they are paying a lot of money for it.

No way they are leaving the Ferrari out of the console builds as it was one of the main reason their game did well on PC.

balderz002
16-10-2015, 16:55
Well if the traditional 'virtues' of Italian business practice run true, then AS got some very favourable rates from other Italian manufacturers and circuits.

European single market my arse!

TheReaper GT
16-10-2015, 17:06
Well if the traditional 'virtues' of Italian business practice run true, then AS got some very favourable rates from other Italian manufacturers and circuits.

European single market my arse!

I don't think it's a money only deal. The game can be under an Art Act, just like Stock Car Brazil and Copa Petrobras. THe manufacturers got taxes rebates if they help art projects.

Jescott71
16-10-2015, 17:17
Well I just think they are going on the cheap for this game , holding out on us for the next ......

Completely disagree. If you look at how much the game has changed (not so much in DLC terms but in core gameplay mechanics terms), the level of work that must have taken surely couldn't be done "cheap". Also, I bet Aston Martin don't throw around their license "cheap" either.

balderz002
16-10-2015, 17:41
I know I've already posted this in the request thread, but I feel it's a bit relevant to this subject.

Could a RUF GTE be made, so as to move the Aston GTE and the M3 GT with a GTE spec RUF to their own class, free up 2 of these limited model spaces in the GT3, and get in 2 more cars to fill those gaps?

TheReaper GT
16-10-2015, 17:50
I know I've already posted this in the request thread, but I feel it's a bit relevant to this subject.

Could a RUF GTE be made, so as to move the Aston GTE and the M3 GT with a GTE spec RUF to their own class, free up 2 of these limited model spaces in the GT3, and get in 2 more cars to fill those gaps?

Maybe one with a flat6 :D

maurice-pascale
16-10-2015, 17:58
Kunos got those licenses for cheap most likely because they're an italian company and RFactor doesn't have a Lambo license.

Not that true.....this doesnt fit with the corvette license kunos got.....

it is just a bit strange that kuno got so much nice licenses...not just italians......why is no corvette or dodge in Pcars?.....to have a viper would be brilliant!....cant be that expansive

HonzaVolenec
16-10-2015, 17:58
I Donīt know if anyone already asked about that but Do anybody know which license of manufacturers SMS has now ?? Which we can looking forward to see in game ?? I mean SMS are british and i love Jags, so i still believe in future we will have these cars in a game, but also another brands e.g. Lexus, Lotus, but yes also italian manufacturers. It īs a shame , SMS donīt suport independent modders , cause it would be quicker to have a lot of cars in a game ... :/

maurice-pascale
16-10-2015, 17:59
Also the nice new scuderia glickenhauser is so amazing

TheReaper GT
16-10-2015, 18:03
Not that true.....this doesnt fit with the corvette license kunos got.....

it is just a bit strange that kuno got so much nice licenses...not just italians......why is no corvette or dodge in Pcars?.....to have a viper would be brilliant!....cant be that expansive

Each maker is a case, if you save a lot of money on the ferrari deal you can spend a little more on the chevy deal. About dodge, it is part of Fiat Group, same as Ferrari, but you know that already...

I Donīt know if anyone already asked about that but Do anybody know which license of manufacturers SMS has now ?? Which we can looking forward to see in game ?? I mean SMS are british and i love Jags, so i still believe in future we will have these cars in a game, but also another brands e.g. Lexus, Lotus, but yes also italian manufacturers. It īs a shame , SMS donīt suport independent modders , cause it would be quicker to have a lot of cars in a game ... :/

What support you want them to give to modders? There are modders working on cars for project cars, just google it and you will see...

HonzaVolenec
16-10-2015, 18:12
Yeah I know just about GT3 cars but if I know this is only one group of the modders of Pcars in the world .. And SMS wanted to support them but after releaseing pCars they decided to not , didnīt they ??

TheReaper GT
16-10-2015, 18:16
Yeah I know just about GT3 cars but if I know this is only one group of the modders of Pcars in the world .. And SMS wanted to support them but after releaseing pCars they decided to not , didnīt they ??

Again, what support could they offer?

hdh
16-10-2015, 18:18
Maybe one with a flat6 :D

Cue the RUF RGT 4,2 ;)
http://data.motor-talk.de/data/galleries/0/421/6811/68688994/dsc-0376-591877610595383651.jpg

Bealdor
16-10-2015, 18:19
Besides that, I doubt that the game developers that made RFactor and Asseto Corsa, payed anything close to that value... very very far.

As I already said, rfactor does not have a Ferrari or Lambo license and the AC devs most likely got those two licenses cheaper because they're italian.
Btw. what value do you mean?

The decision to not officially support modding was made long before release.

azidahaka
16-10-2015, 18:39
As I already said, rfactor does not have a Ferrari or Lambo license and the AC devs most likely got those two licenses cheaper because they're italian.
Btw. what value do you mean?

The decision to not officially support modding was made long before release.

This cheap because Italian is pure bullshit. Being Italian I can assure you that Ferrari are filthy avid bastards, and money is the only thing that will move them. Google the minardi-Ferrari deal for example.

If some game has Ferrari in it it's because they dished the money and chose to spend them on Ferrari instead of other brands.

TheReaper GT
16-10-2015, 18:41
This cheap because Italian is pure bullshit. Being Italian I can assure you that Ferrari are filthy avid bastards, and money is the only thing that will move them. Google the minardi-Ferrari deal for example.

If some game has Ferrari in it it's because they dished the money and chose to spend them on Ferrari instead of other brands.

You have no Idea what are you talking about. Some countries have tax rebates for companies that help with multimedia products. That's an incentive to local developers. On top of that, here in Brazil some studios have products fully funded by government money via tax bypass, when a company donate the full amount of some taxes to fund the projects. I have two books published in that system and know for a fact that some well known racing games made in Brazil are also funded with government money.

MAARTEN
16-10-2015, 18:42
Personally i don't miss the Ferraris. Won't cry if they never be available in Pcars.

DiabloSandwich
16-10-2015, 19:50
Hmm i sometimes do miss them - when you think of how good they'd sound and "feel" in this game compared to Forza.
Imagine blatting an F40 or a 458 down the California highway course.....
I hope they arrive someday - but I'm not holding my breath until they do.

AdM1
16-10-2015, 19:56
They couldn't afford the Ferrari or something like that..

http://shifthype.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/01/morethanyou.png

balderz002
16-10-2015, 20:09
If what azidahaka says is true, and I quite believe him from the books I have read about Ferrari (Go Like Hell, and The Limit), that they are greedy and totally distrustful! For that reason, I hope PCars is the most lauded racing game ever, and Ferrari have no part in it for their selfish ways!

Ask Ferruccio Lamborghini what he thinks of Ferrari's! He didn't think much of them, or old Enzo either!

azidahaka
16-10-2015, 20:16
You have no Idea what are you talking about. Some countries have tax rebates for companies that help with multimedia products. That's an incentive to local developers. On top of that, here in Brazil some studios have products fully funded by government money via tax bypass, when a company donate the full amount of some taxes to fund the projects. I have two books published in that system and know for a fact that some well known racing games made in Brazil are also funded with government money.

Wake up italy=/=brasil in case you didn't notice.

VanquishedVantage
16-10-2015, 20:17
Oh no, it's flybikes the troll.

TheReaper GT
16-10-2015, 20:28
Wake up italy=/=brasil in case you didn't notice.
Which means nothing. Wake up, you don't know squat about nothing.

Sergi01978
16-10-2015, 20:38
Also the nice new scuderia glickenhauser is so amazing

After a quick google, this might be a welcome addition?

balderz002
16-10-2015, 20:59
After a quick google, this might be a welcome addition?

Its already in AC isn't it?

azidahaka
16-10-2015, 21:39
Which means nothing. Wake up, you don't know squat about nothing.

You are incredibly full of yourself if you think you know more about me about my country.

There's no such laws here.

If you want to know about Ferrari behavior go and learn about the deal they had with minardi.

If you can't I can google it for you.

TheReaper GT
16-10-2015, 21:42
You are incredibly full of yourself if you think you know more about me about my country.

There's no such laws here.

If you want to know about Ferrari behavior go and learn about the deal they had with minardi.

If you can't I can google it for you.

Wel, I have no idea where are you from, but I bet that there is a law in that direction and you are not the only one that don't know it. Now cool your jets....

Chiraq
16-10-2015, 22:43
All of that would be peanuts for the tremendous added value to the game, by a brand like Ferrari.

A simulator without a brand like Ferrari seems a little incomplete to be honest with you. Tomorrow here in Portugal I`m gonna see the Le Mans 4 Hours Series.. obviously Ferrari will gona be present.

And once again, I understimated the values. A lot of people, would buy THE Ferrari DLC not for 10, but for 15 euros, 20 euros or even 25 euros with 5/6 cars and 1 track and that`s like 5 million dollars. That`s why every single game developer is betting on DLC`s. It`s the new thing.

We need Estoril!!!

Cheesenium
17-10-2015, 02:01

Kunos has years of close relationship with Ferrari where they did work with Ferrari for simulators which is also partly why they got it for cheaper price than everyone else. And it make sense for Italian manufacturer to give rebates to support their local company.

Kunos still paid a lot for it but it is very likely to be far lower than the market price that turn 10 or Polyphony paid for. After all these while, it is very obvious that Kunos is willing to put in as much money as possible for licenses. To date, they had many license obtained while there are brands like Ford and Toyota that they only have one car till now because they just can't produce content fast enough with a team that is 1/4 of SMS. Kunos only had one track modder so far while SMS probably had a dozen at least based on what I saw in WMD. The way SMS is managed, it seemed like they want to run a larger team with faster content production and less expenses on license, Kunos is the other way round.

There is a similar case with Aston Martin Racing that Pcars got it effortlessly, partly because Pcars has a ongoing relationship with them and also contacts that aid them to obtain the license cheaper. Kunos still haven't obtain that brand yet while another Swedish company, Sector 3 had officially announced that they gave up pursuing Aston Martin because it is way too expensive for them to obtain this license.

Just because one game has a particular license, it doesn't mean other games should have the same license. Sector 3 had amazing relationship with Chervolet where they have multiple Chevy cars in their games so far while for SMS, their extensive list of BMW, Mercedes and Ford is something that I am really proud off where many other games do not offer these cars.

hkraft300
17-10-2015, 08:31
I dig that SMS is different.
Concentrating on race cars, simulation, dynamic time and weather effects.
The car list could be half WMD/SMS creations to real regulations (big applause to the Marek, RWD and Ruf GT3 cars that I've driven), still it'll be excellent.
Frankly in the thick of it, while battling on track, the last thing on my mind is the badge on the nose. If it's hurting your racing experience you're not driving fast enough :p
Admittedly I love to turn my headphones loud when I drive the Lola to hear the V12 sing. It sort of gives me confidence and helps control my throttle output better. Call it a placebo. But I'm far from reminiscing Aston Martin's racing history or pretending I'm Bond.
If, hypothetically A couple of Ferrari/Lambo race cars were in pCars, but they happened to be pigs to drive, I wouldn't drive them. It wouldn't enhance the experience for me.

azidahaka
17-10-2015, 08:38
Wel, I have no idea where are you from, but I bet that there is a law in that direction and you are not the only one that don't know it. Now cool your jets....

Being italian i do think i know more about my country than you do. My jets are ice-cold and i'll let this drop.

Dutchmountains
17-10-2015, 10:41
Is it possible to create a fictional brand instead of Ferrari.
Give it a name that dont excist. And than make a copy that looks like the 458 italia

Silraed
17-10-2015, 10:58
Is it possible to create a fictional brand instead of Ferrari.
Give it a name that dont excist. And than make a copy that looks like the 458 italia

Doing that would most likely burn any bridges for the future between SMS and whatever brand they did it for.
I am also no expert but there are probably legal reasons to not do it.

Chiraq
17-10-2015, 12:12
I'd rather have Porsche than Ferrari. I love Ferrari and their cars but honestly there are more Porsches around than Ferraris in motorsport. I mean the only Ferrari I can think of that is important is the 458 GT3. But Porsche has several cars like all the GT3s, Cup Cars, Prototypes and so on. The 430 GT2 would be out of place because other cars are missing. So better concentrate on getting Porsche than getting Ferrari

flybikes
17-10-2015, 12:30
I'd rather have Porsche than Ferrari. I love Ferrari and their cars but honestly there are more Porsches around than Ferraris in motorsport. I mean the only Ferrari I can think of that is important is the 458 GT3. But Porsche has several cars like all the GT3s, Cup Cars, Prototypes and so on. The 430 GT2 would be out of place because other cars are missing. So better concentrate on getting Porsche than getting Ferrari

We already have enough Porsches/RUF's in the game. It's time to move forward.
We need this with a realistic sound:

UKpitbull
17-10-2015, 17:05
Ferrari doesn't like damage for one thing as I understand it. In addition, wild guesses are also moneyz and exclusivity.

I like Lamourghini but like somebody wrote: what have they done in motorsports the last ten-twenty years? That's a fair point I think.

You say what have they done>?>=
http://squadracorse.lamborghini.com/de/series/overview/

Its a global event,also somebody earlier on mentioned the obvious-They DO make outstanding road cars.+one off prototypes like this bad-boy=
220457----The Sesto Elemento(The Sixth Element).

TheReaper GT
17-10-2015, 17:17
You say what have they done>?>=
http://squadracorse.lamborghini.com/de/series/overview/

Its a global event,also somebody earlier on mentioned the obvious-They DO make outstanding road cars.+one off pro-types like this bad-boy=
220457----The Sesto Elemento(The Sixth Element).

That thing + a porsche gt3rs + an Aston gt12 + mclaren 675s = epic road class

Chiraq
17-10-2015, 17:18
We already have enough Porsches/RUF's in the game. It's time to move forward.
We need this with a realistic sound:

http://www.ultimatecarpage.com/images/car/651/14933/Porsche-911-GT1--98.jpg
I'm talkin about this legendary car, achieved more than any 458 I guess.
http://data.motor-talk.de/data/galleries/0/404/4157/69724513/m15-1171-fine-1921190871455511359.jpg
A RUF is a RUF a Porsche is a Porsche, two different brands with different history.
https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/7/7f/Roock_Porsche_911_GT2.jpg
http://cdn-2.motorsport.com/static/img/mgl/0/30000/37000/37000/37022/s8/lemans-24-hours-of-le-mans-2002-freisinger-motosport-porsche-911-gt3-rs.jpg
http://www.thetruthaboutcars.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/2014-Porsche-Motorsport-Porsche-919-Hybrid-Angle.jpg

This is better than any Ferrari IMO (and I really like Ferrari)

TheReaper GT
17-10-2015, 17:19
^^hallelujah brother

flybikes
17-10-2015, 17:41
A ruf is very different from a porsche.... the name have less letters.

Whats the point of having more porsches? they are rip offs one from another. They're all the same!

This is the last Porsche we need:

But the truth is that, besides that 90% of the porsches feel the same, none of them have the sound or the look or the drivebility of a F458 for example.

balderz002
17-10-2015, 17:53
We deffo need need need the 911 GT1.

But I had a thought, I think it would be great if SMS could wangle an official tie in with the European Le Mans Series. The 2 real life LMP2 cars ingame have ELMS paints as the official paint jobs, and we have a pretty good grid of GT3 cars. All we need are a few more tracks and cars.

Forza made a big deal of their ALMS deal a few games back.

Dorny
17-10-2015, 17:53
There is no chance of Porsche as long as EA have the rights. Have you not noticed that even the big daddy of all the racing games Gran Turismo doesn't even have them. Everything else is up for grabs but what limits achieving them is cost, time and limitations and imposed rules from said manufacturer. SMS maybe interest in a vintage Touring car for the game but the car manufacturer only wants to give modern street cars. Or they want to impose that there car is better or equal to rival cars, which is ok for arcade games but a simulator strives for realism.

If I remember rightly Turn10 who make Forza have the exclusive rights to Ferrari on xbox (and maybe PC) platform but they are at least open to negotiating. Where as EA seem to keep a strong hold grip on Porsche. Outside of the need for speed franchises and the other EA racing games you don't see Porches in anything else except the odd times in Forza. Turn10 must of paid alot for them and used the Ferrari exclusivity on Xbox as a bargaining chip to get Porsche.

However there has been rumour that the deal between Porsche and EA will expire next year, now it will be up to porsche to decide if it carries on the exclusivity as obviously EA will pay for it again.

hdh
17-10-2015, 19:14
However there has been rumour that the deal between Porsche and EA will expire next year, now it will be up to porsche to decide if it carries on the exclusivity as obviously EA will pay for it again.

With the recent popularity surge of racing sims one can hope that Porsche has been paying attention in class. Atm EA is pretty much wasting away the license on RWB and Magnus Walker stuff that's cool with the stance kids and the car hipsters. All that glorious racing heritage wasted. Let's hope Porsches PR department sees the value in promoting the brand through more serious racing sims rather than NFS, which is largely based around illegal street racing.

balderz002
17-10-2015, 19:44
We think like that, but do the bean counters in the boardroom think like that? Shame to say, I doubt it. If EA throw enough money at them, I'm sure it will be more of the same.