PDA

View Full Version : Toyota LMP1

venomreturn
16-10-2015, 10:43

Hello fellow drivers

I was surprised as you can see I can drive a toyota in LMP1 Career, where the hell does this come from ????
I can't drive it in custom mode can you ?

VanquishedVantage
16-10-2015, 10:45
Haven't you heard?
It was confirmed for a DLC a while back.

cenkcnk
16-10-2015, 10:46
i think this is incoming dlc's content

venomreturn
16-10-2015, 10:47
Well i guess i did not, but why is it available in career mode if it's suppose to be a future dlc ?

VanquishedVantage
16-10-2015, 10:48
Well i guess i did not, but why is it available in career mode if it's suppose to be a future dlc ?
Maybe SMS is teasing us?
:p

balderz002
16-10-2015, 10:51
looks good mind!

venomreturn
16-10-2015, 10:53
maybe i'll have a nissan gt3 next time :cool:

cenkcnk
16-10-2015, 10:56
share some pics please

venomreturn
16-10-2015, 11:37

Cheesenium
16-10-2015, 11:41
How did you get these screenshots?

This doesn't look right as it looked like you hacked the game for this car to appear. I would really appreciate if SMS stop leaving the DLC files in the game as a lot of upcoming DLC informations are being leaked out from the files left in the PC version.

Chiraq
16-10-2015, 11:48
i smell trouble

mantukas334
16-10-2015, 11:51
I dont get it. whats the hype about. its just same as other lmp cars, with toyota name on it. might aswell give ferrari suzuki honda civic lmp car and whats the difference?
btw aston martin lmp car sucks, its not competetive to other lmp1 cars so whats the point? i understand when we get some unique cars like the old mustang or dbr1. that stuff is awesome. but personally i wouldnt give a damn if they would give us 100 lmp cars with random manufactors.

venomreturn
16-10-2015, 11:55

This doesn't look right as it looked like you hacked the game for this car to appear. I would really appreciate if SMS stop leaving the DLC files in the game as a lot of upcoming DLC informations are being leaked out from the files left in the PC version.

As I said, LMP1 Career, first race Spa and nope it is not a cracked version

balderz002
16-10-2015, 11:57
How did I guess that Paul would be the first to like those images!?!

Cheesenium
16-10-2015, 11:59
As I said, LMP1 Career, first race Spa and nope it is not a cracked version

The DLC isn't out. How did you access it? I can't do that in mine as there won't be a Toyota contract for me.

Mahjik
Hello fellow drivers

I was surprised as you can see I can drive a toyota in LMP1 Career, where the hell does this come from ????
I can't drive it in custom mode can you ?

Watch your language on this forum. Cursing (even if not completely spelled correctly) is not allowed.

It is an "oops" that some of the upcoming DLC is now active, but take it is so give SMS a "thank you" for it. ;)

havocc

Read the op, it's available in career mode

QPRLad
16-10-2015, 12:05
Watch your language on this forum. Cursing (even if not completely spelled correctly) is not allowed.

It is an "oops" that some of the upcoming DLC is now active, but take it is so give SMS a "thank you" for it. ;)

Is it only on PC or all platforms?

Scuderia Paul
16-10-2015, 12:06
How did I guess that Paul would be the first to like those images!?!

Ha ha! Lucky guess Balderz002. I'm sitting at home recovering from an operation desperate for my most wanted car to come to console and all I see are more and more PC users accessing it. It's torture!

I'm constantly checking to see if v5.00 has hit Xbox One yet so the DLC may arrive Tuesday and searching YouTube for gameplay.

Stop delaying us PS4 users Microsoft.

Bealdor
16-10-2015, 12:09
You know the saying folks, "You touch it, you buy it!". ;)

Roger Prynne
16-10-2015, 12:10
Yeah it was unlocked by mistake guys.

Mahjik
16-10-2015, 12:12
Is it only on PC or all platforms?

I don't have anyway to confirm that, but I would assume the same career events are available for all 5.0 platforms.

cluck
16-10-2015, 12:13
You know the saying folks, "You touch it, you buy it!". ;)Yeah, been married for 20 years :(

(not really)

balderz002
16-10-2015, 12:13
The DLC isn't out. How did you access it? I can't do that in mine as there won't be a Toyota contract for me.

I'm pretty sure a similar thing has happened with the rocket bunny gt4. Remember seeing screens of ai driving it.

balderz002
16-10-2015, 12:18
Yeah, been married for 20 years :(

(not really)

Funny old thing. Got my wheel last week. Got it all set up, then said 'could use a bigger monitor'...... To which she replied 'your never satisfied with what you got!' To which I replied 'im still married to you aren't I!?'

Conversation killer right there!

Furma
16-10-2015, 12:20
I dont get it. whats the hype about. its just same as other lmp cars, with toyota name on it. might aswell give ferrari suzuki honda civic lmp car and whats the difference?
btw aston martin lmp car sucks, its not competetive to other lmp1 cars so whats the point? i understand when we get some unique cars like the old mustang or dbr1. that stuff is awesome. but personally i wouldnt give a damn if they would give us 100 lmp cars with random manufactors.

I also don't get it (and many other people on other forums)
LMP cars all come off as "soulless" to me - they mostly all have the same designed striped down cockpits and aren't that fun to drive compared to other classes
LMP cars to me are useless next to open wheel racing which offers similar driving feel but with much better sense of speed/excitement due to cockpit being in the open

I guess its much cheaper and easier to license LMP cars..

balderz002
16-10-2015, 12:22

I hope that's the case, and we get a ton more to play with! Go team LMP!!

QPRLad
16-10-2015, 12:23
Ha ha! Lucky guess Balderz002. I'm sitting at home recovering from an operation desperate for my most wanted car to come to console and all I see are more and more PC users accessing it. It's torture!

I'm constantly checking to see if v5.00 has hit Xbox One yet so the DLC may arrive Tuesday and searching YouTube for gameplay.

Stop delaying us PS4 users Microsoft.

I've got patch 5 on PS4, do you not have it?

cenkcnk
16-10-2015, 12:24
if it is ready, release and let us buy it guys

QPRLad
16-10-2015, 12:25
Good piece of marketing though, use it in career for free but you have to pay to use it in multiplayer, Free Practice & QRW.

Scuderia Paul
16-10-2015, 12:38
I've got patch 5 on PS4, do you not have it?

Yes, I've got PS4 v5.00 but what I meant was the DLC won't arrive until Microsoft release it for Xbox One. SMS don't want to upset anyone by releasing DLC earlier for some.

balderz002
16-10-2015, 14:45
Paul, for now, you'll just have to crack sneaky looks at the pics in this thread to satisfy your primal urges!

Otherworld
16-10-2015, 19:42
LMP cars all come off as "soulless" to me - they mostly all have the same designed striped down cockpits and aren't that fun to drive compared to other classes
LMP cars to me are useless next to open wheel racing which offers similar driving feel but with much better sense of speed/excitement due to cockpit being in the open

LMP cars are the most technologically advanced and diverse racing cars as of today (except the cars from the World Solar Challenge I guess), while providing impressive performances and excellent reliability. And yeah they're not really meant to provide a quick sense of speed like open wheelers, they're meant to race for 6 to 24 hours.

apexatspeed
16-10-2015, 19:55
LMP cars are the most technologically advanced and diverse racing cars as of today (except the cars from the World Solar Challenge I guess), while providing impressive performances and excellent reliability. And yeah they're not really meant to provide a quick sense of speed like open wheelers, they're meant to race for 6 to 24 hours.

I'd say GT3/GTE is more diverse and LMP1 is no more technically advanced than F1. LMP2 and LMP3 are definitely not technologically superior than other forms of racing.

Slowsley
16-10-2015, 20:00

Soulless...riiiiiight.....because they all have very unique "soul" configurations, yet the open wheelers are somehow more....diverse? I'm not sure I follow.

Bealdor
16-10-2015, 20:00
I'd say GT3/GTE is more diverse and LMP1 is no more technically advanced than F1.

Technically LMP1 cars are quite similar to Formula (1) cars with the advantage of not looking as ugly as a vacuum cleaner. ;)

balderz002
16-10-2015, 20:12
LMP cars tend to be more relevant to road cars, aren't strangled by tight arse restrictions, and aren't governed by a mentalist Andy Warhol lookalike who only want to line his own golden pockets. WEC is in a much better place to be than F1!

apexatspeed
16-10-2015, 20:30
LMP cars tend to be more relevant to road cars, aren't strangled by tight arse restrictions, and aren't governed by a mentalist Andy Warhol lookalike who only want to line his own golden pockets. WEC is in a much better place to be than F1!

That has nothing do with whether LMP1 is the most diverse or technically advanced group of racing. LMP1 definitely can't be definitively claimed as either.

balderz002
16-10-2015, 21:02
That has nothing do with whether LMP1 is the most diverse or technically advanced group of racing. LMP1 definitely can't be definitively claimed as either.

Well it has one thing over F1. If that's the pinnacle of motorsport, LMP has a couple of years on F1 in using hybrid tech.

apexatspeed
16-10-2015, 21:04
Well it has one thing over F1. If that's the pinnacle of motorsport, LMP has a couple of years on F1 in using hybrid tech.

You are just going further and further from the initial statement, and I am not going to even respond to that. LMPs are no more diverse or technically advanced than some other forms of racing. This isn't going to turn into some LMP1 vs F1 bashing fest. Actually it can, but I am not participating.

balderz002
16-10-2015, 21:08
I was only stating my opinion, no need to get your knickers in a twist. This isnt a willy waving exercise in who knows more about motorsport. I couldn't care less what is more diverse, or advanced.

cenkcnk
16-10-2015, 21:09
Technically LMP1 cars are quite similar to Formula (1) cars with the advantage of not looking as ugly as a vacuum cleaner. ;)

:D they used to be better imo, but now they are ugly too much, yes lol

Casey Ringley
16-10-2015, 21:15
...LMPs are no more diverse or technically advanced than some other forms of racing...

A turbo V4 + battery hybrid vs. turbo diesel V6 + flywheel/electric vs. N/A V8 + supercapacitor vs. Front engine! V6 TT + mechanical flywheel and they are all (save the last one, but I'll be $5 they're close next year) within spitting distance of each other. That's just about the high point of technically advanced and diverse in my book.

apexatspeed
16-10-2015, 21:23
A turbo V4 + battery hybrid vs. turbo diesel V6 + flywheel/electric vs. N/A V8 + supercapacitor vs. Front engine! V6 TT + mechanical flywheel and they are all (save the last one, but I'll be $5 they're close next year) within spitting distance of each other. That's just about the high point of technically advanced and diverse in my book.

Two can play that game.

FR turbo V6 vs MR V10 vs MR V8 vs FR turbo V8 vs MR turbo V8 vs FR V8 vs FR V8 vs FR V12 vs FR V8 vs MR V10.

I repeated some of the layouts, but they are all different cars in one racing league. That is much more diverse.

In terms of technology the LMP1 class is no more advanced than F1.

LMP2 and 3 are definitely no more advanced or diverse than half the racing classifications on earth.

As a side note the Nissan shouldn't even count as an LMP1. It didn't even complete one whole race and then they quit the rest of the season. Also they aren't in spitting distance of each other. The TS040 doesn't stand a chance.

GT_Racing
16-10-2015, 21:29

I'll give you advanced, but diversity is beat by the PWC.
RWD AWD
V8 V10 V8TT V6TT H6
High and low displacement variations of the various engine layouts
Rear engine, Mid, Front
Carbon tub chassis, steel, aluminum, carbon-aluminum hybrid
That is just in the top class alone. Pirelli World Challenge has the most diverse field of race cars on the planet. I doubt that level of diversity can be beat to be honest.
\_(ツ)_/

Casey Ringley
16-10-2015, 21:32
Ah but BoP through engine restriction is slightly different than via equivalence of technology as LMP1 is doing now. It's artificial diversity as everyone knows you can bring whatever you like and it will be equalized to the same level. To open things up in a 'run what ya brung' formula with only an energy allowance and get such variety is far more impressive, IMO.

No arguments that F1 is at the top right now. Boring as the racing may be, those power units are at or over 50% thermal efficiency and could go higher. That is mind boggling from an engineering perspective.

GT_Racing
16-10-2015, 21:33
Dang it apexatspeed stole my post. EFU. *sight i'll let you have this one.*

Cholton82
16-10-2015, 21:36
I love the lmp1 vs f1 debating, it's funny because I'm a massive f1 fan and havnt missed one live since I don't know when . Everythings planned around F1 however I have very little interest in driving one , given the opportunity to race I'd take WEC over F1 apart from the money earning aspect. I havnt tried the Formula A and have little interest in it but I love racing lmp2 and lmp1 and GT3 in pcars

GT_Racing
16-10-2015, 21:39
Ah but BoP through engine restriction is slightly different than via equivalence of technology as LMP1 is doing now. It's artificial diversity as everyone knows you can bring whatever you like and it will be equalized to the same level. To open things up in a 'run what ya brung' formula with only an energy allowance and get such variety is far more impressive, IMO.

No arguments that F1 is at the top right now. Boring as the racing may be, those power units are at or over 50% thermal efficiency and could go higher. That is mind boggling from an engineering perspective.

Aye. GT diversity may be cheap and artificial, but it makes a damn good looking field and it still counts. What can I say? haha.
http://www.thecheckeredflag.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2015/07/VSA_BES_SPA15_LC3_0185.jpg
Gotta throw in a pic of my boy Kevin Estre

Casey Ringley
16-10-2015, 21:44
No argument there. I do love me some PWC. :)

GT_Racing
16-10-2015, 21:54
As a side note the Nissan shouldn't even count as an LMP1. It didn't even complete one whole race and then they quit the rest of the season. Also they aren't in spitting distance of each other. The TS040 doesn't stand a chance.

Thats the truth. Toyota better bring it next year (even though I hate the brand), but Nissan can just go play with themselves in a corner. I could not care any less what happens to them and Le Mans disaster for the third time in a row. Either way I'm out. I dont even know what this thread's topic is haha.

balderz002
17-10-2015, 00:28
One thing I will say for the outlook of the organisers of Le Mans, is their Garage 56 entry. Had some very techy entries over recent years. Takes alot to let these technology demonstrators to run on track with the actual race entries.

LigierJSP2
17-10-2015, 01:07
They are also apparently extending the pit lane so that 60 cars may race in 2016. Nissan was the first Garage 56 entry with the Delta Wing in 2012, which was going decently until one of the Toyota's accidentally punted it off course. Then Nissan came back with the ZEOD RC, which was built by the British Ray Mallock group, but the last two years the 56th car has just been a standard entry.

Slowsley
17-10-2015, 01:59
Yeah, I don't have it. I can't believe I have to actually wait until I can buy it. What a shame. :o

balderz002
17-10-2015, 06:16
Ligier, wasn't there meant to be an American team running a hydrogen racer? Been a few years overdue. Looked quite mean, but they kept pulling out as it wasn't ready.

Scuderia Paul
17-10-2015, 06:26
Ligier, wasn't there meant to be an American team running a hydrogen racer? Been a few years overdue. Looked quite mean, but they kept pulling out as it wasn't ready.

That was the GreenGT H2 in 2013 and it was amazingly ugly. It ran for the first time in April of that year but was hugely complex and expensive so the project was delayed. They apparently intend to return in the future but we'll see if those plans come to fruition.

QPRLad
17-10-2015, 11:09
anyone see the WEC and ACO kicking off about Bernie scheduling the Baku f1 over the Le Mans weekend so f1 drivers cannot race at Le Mans?

balderz002
17-10-2015, 11:27
Yeah I did. Funny old thing. Not the first time Bernie has tried to crap on Le Mans cars. I cant wait to see the back of him. Hopefully face down in a shallow grave!