PDA

View Full Version : One of the most annoying bug is still there

resmania
16-10-2015, 11:52

Didn't noticed this in a while but I'm surprised that White FFB input of death is still in the game!!

Second corner after long straight, completely lost FFB input as white FFB(canned effect) took over Yellow FFB. Car spun out! 2nd place to none. :mad:

Please fix this already... this was in the game since beta.

Bruno Alexandre
16-10-2015, 16:40
Got a question on that white line, can you see the line if you disconnect the Thrustmaster and Staitek (or any other controller) from the computer ? Also do you have any damper or dampening effects enabled either on the wheel drivers or in-game ?

3800racingfool
16-10-2015, 19:18
I'll try not to detract from resmania's post but I've experienced what I believe is the exact same issue with just a G27 connected. It seems to occur randomly when switching between sessions -OR- when using the "return to pit" option. The problem can usually be resolved by returning to the pits again or when you move to the next session (obviously if it happens at the start of a race session the player is more or less screwed).

The way the bug feels (at least for me) is as follows:

With the wheel perfectly straight FFB is completely normal and the car drives completely normal.

When going through light bends where you don't need to turn the wheel much (somewhere within the -5 - +5 rage) the car behaves as expected and FFB is fine.

When turning the wheel in direction X (in my case, it usually seems to be to the right) more than a few degrees the FFB will go limp and the white line will be seen in the FFB graph. The car physics seem to change as well becoming much more oversteer prone. Turning the wheel in the opposite direction seems to cause the FFB to become ridiculously heavy. I've also seen one instance where the FFB went limp in both directions however, in my experience, this is usually not the case.

Upon turning the wheel back to center, the FFB returns to normal and will only bug out again if turned beyond said ~5 degree range.

ex_
16-10-2015, 19:31
if you tweak your Relative Adjust settings, you may be able to exacerbate or alleviate this problem... that's just a hunch but it has seemed to correlate for me.

Haiden
16-10-2015, 19:40
if you tweak your Relative Adjust settings, you may be able to exacerbate or alleviate this problem... that's just a hunch but it has seemed to correlate for me.

Same thought here. That "going limp" description reminds me of the feeling you get when Relative Adjust Bleed is set too high.

resmania
17-10-2015, 03:24
Got a question on that white line, can you see the line if you disconnect the Thrustmaster and Staitek (or any other controller) from the computer ? Also do you have any damper or dampening effects enabled either on the wheel drivers or in-game ?

I play with only G27 connected to the PC so I think that's not the problem. Also I set the spring & damper effects set to 0 on Logitech profiler.

It seems like this usually happens when I messing with the car settings. Once white FFB line starts to appear, the only way to get rid of it is either return to pit or restart the game.

Returning to pit is a temporary solution because you never know when the white FFB line will come back.
The screenshot above is taken during the race, but I was already experiencing white FFB line during the Qualifying session.
I thought it was gone(by returning to the pit) but it wasn't ;)

senn
17-10-2015, 05:45
G25 user. Have experienced same after returning to pits to change settings. goes away if I return to pitbox and drive again without touching settings.

Jussi Viljami Karjalainen
20-10-2015, 06:21
Got a question on that white line, can you see the line if you disconnect the Thrustmaster and Staitek (or any other controller) from the computer ? Also do you have any damper or dampening effects enabled either on the wheel drivers or in-game ?The problem has come and gone randomly (often appears and disappears when restarting a session) with both Logitech and Thrustmaster wheels I've used in the past, doesn't seem like there's any rhyme nor reason to it.

barcode
20-10-2015, 08:17
Not sure if this is related, but it might be, so here's what happens to me every once in a while on my GT3RS Wheel. Usually happens after a while of play, the USB "disconnects" and reconnects, as if I pulled the cable, I hear the Windows notification sound. Wheel goes out of FFB, and most of the time right back on just after I hear the USB reconnect sound. Might be some failsafe function in the driver so the wheel "switches off" when it doesn't. Sometimes it helps to turn the wheel on and off again (does that sound familiar?=)), but that usually ends me up at the back of the pack as well, so that's quite an annoyance. I'm using Jack Spades FFB settings (and tried different ones, with the same effect), so I would assume the settings are not screwed up.

Again, not sure if related, but the FFB still needs some more work in my opinion.

KamyKaze1098
20-10-2015, 08:28
I had it happen quite a few times. Twice on transition from qually to race (1 of them a league race, oh it was though to drive like that, while my wheel felt like falling appart).

G25 only connected here. I was running 20% or 40% on Logitech damper settings I believe. Can send the in game settings if needed.

I don't have it for a few weeks though, but I was playing less for a month. I'll post here if it happens again and try to explain what happened.