PDA

View Full Version : Pit stops still broken

klorptar
16-10-2015, 23:54
Playing on PS4. I love the game, and I've put a lot of hours in to it, but please fix the pit stop issues. I can't even remember the last time I had a pit stop that actually gave me what I requested. I get random amounts of fuel. Maybe they will give me new tires, maybe they won't. If I am lucky enough to get new tires, half the time I don't get the tire pressures I've requested. It's been like this through the last 3 updates. Come on. I appreciate all the support and new content, but it would be great if you could start to get rid of some of these core issues. It's been months since the game's release.:mad:

Raven403
17-10-2015, 00:22
Career? Multiplayer? Free Race?

We're u using force default setup?

CoTiNhO
17-10-2015, 00:26
With default setups, change the tires when you want it's like win the lotto.

klorptar
17-10-2015, 02:04
This was in career. I select a set up when I enter the pits. I've also had a bunch of crashes and weird stuff happening with my wheel (T300RS) after 5.0. Yesterday, the force feed back just turned off. I unplugged it, and then it was alright. Today, an hour and a half into a 3 hour race, I left the pits for the 3rd time because the previous 2 didn't give me what I wanted, and after a couple of turns the car just turned right into a wall. I couldn't control it, and the game wouldn't recognize any inputs from other buttons. I'm shelving this game until the next update. It's infuriating.

Paulo Ribeiro
17-10-2015, 09:44
Odd, last night I've made a 2 hours career race with 4 pit stops (without pre-setting the strategy),
and I was able to change tires from wet to soft and vice-versa and add any amount of fuel I wish.

rams1de
17-10-2015, 18:23
I've had this pit stop bug happen a couple of times in career. GT4 Asia Trophy at Sakitto and GT4 Euro championship at Imola, given mediums instead of slicks.

Thought I'd messed up pit strategy at first, just sucked it up at Sakitto and finished last but quit and re-ran the Imola race to no avail.

I've assumed this bug in career is known but there's nothing in the Known Issues thread and latest patch notes only indicate an attempt to fix an online pit bug.

Maybe one of the in-the-know mods can confirm if the devs are aware of the problem in career?

hkraft300
18-10-2015, 00:28
I speak to people online and read on these forums complaining about pit stop bugs.
A lot of misunderstanding is that auto tire option has certain parameters you must meet to have a tire change. You have to set the option a/symmetrical or no tire change.

It's quick to edit the strategy, select the compound and be on your merry way.

And fuel: you set the amount of fuel you want in the tank. It's NOT +10l or +15l. If you set 10l in the pit strategy, and have 15l in the tank, you won't get any fuel. If you have 8l in the tank, and set 10l in pit strategy, you get 8+2=10, and leave the pits with 10l in the tank.

What's also a little confusing to some is litres vs laps. At a glance you may mistake one for the other, but it's not so bad.
As for tires: I tend to make the decision myself instead of leaving it auto.

Remember: your pit strategy must match the tire pressures you set in the car setup menu. If you specify 1.5 bar pressure before the race start, you want your strategy set at 1.5 bar because even if you set no tire change, they will adjust pressures. This played to my advantage in a race last night where I set 1.85 bar front pressures which were hard to keep >90c, so when I boxed for fuel + repairs I dropped the pressures but didn't change tires, and my temps were better for the next stint. Which is cool as all f*
Awesome and handy little feature there. It's also bit me and killed my races where, I made an unexpected stop for fuel/repairs and pit crew let the air out and my tires cooked it. I know to be that little more OCD/pedantic now.

klorptar
19-10-2015, 10:08
I'm aware of how the pit stop strategy works. I've been playing the game since its release day, and I understand the UI they implemented to show fuel-wise what you need to complete a race. Before continuing with the pit stop, I meticulously checked all of the parameters. I started experiencing this problem after 4.0 I think. I quit doing longer races because of it, and again tried it with 5.0 when it came out. I tried multiple times to make sure it wasn't an issue with my input as well.

For example, I was doing a 3 hour career "24 hours of le mans." During the first pit, I entered with about 6 liters of fuel remaining, and selected a full tank. I was using the Aston Martin DBR 1-2 so that should have been 90 liters if I recall correctly. I selected symmetrical tire change on soft compound and I set the tire pressures to the same as the race start. I left the pit with 43 liters of fuel, and it didn't give me any new tires. I kept going with that fuel and for the next pit stop I tried to add just the fuel that I needed to finish the race, which would have been about 70 liters. And I did the same for the tires as I did before. The pit crew gave me a full tank and put tires on by the pressures were way off what I selected.

I could perhaps live with the pit stop bugs, but that coupled with the land mines or invisible walls and multiple crashes to the home screen, random FFB problems and wheel problems after 5.0 have left me with a bad taste in my mouth. I don't mean to sound ungrateful, because I really enjoy the game. I've put over 250 hours into it, and until recently, I was still playing it almost daily. I'm just kind of getting tired of dealing with these issues. Since patches seem to come out monthly, at the very minimum I have to wait until next month to see if they actually make any progress on ironing out the kinks. It also feels like the devs aren't really responding any more to these threads. I've tried reporting bugs before, but never get any confirmation that someone's seen it or that they're working on it. Some of these problems aren't in the known issues thread, and I'm losing faith that SMS are actually going to address any of these. I hope I'm wrong.

LordDRIFT
19-10-2015, 15:56
I'm aware of how the pit stop strategy works. I've been playing the game since its release day, and I understand the UI they implemented to show fuel-wise what you need to complete a race. Before continuing with the pit stop, I meticulously checked all of the parameters. I started experiencing this problem after 4.0 I think. I quit doing longer races because of it, and again tried it with 5.0 when it came out. I tried multiple times to make sure it wasn't an issue with my input as well.

For example, I was doing a 3 hour career "24 hours of le mans." During the first pit, I entered with about 6 liters of fuel remaining, and selected a full tank. I was using the Aston Martin DBR 1-2 so that should have been 90 liters if I recall correctly. I selected symmetrical tire change on soft compound and I set the tire pressures to the same as the race start. I left the pit with 43 liters of fuel, and it didn't give me any new tires. I kept going with that fuel and for the next pit stop I tried to add just the fuel that I needed to finish the race, which would have been about 70 liters. And I did the same for the tires as I did before. The pit crew gave me a full tank and put tires on by the pressures were way off what I selected.

I could perhaps live with the pit stop bugs, but that coupled with the land mines or invisible walls and multiple crashes to the home screen, random FFB problems and wheel problems after 5.0 have left me with a bad taste in my mouth. I don't mean to sound ungrateful, because I really enjoy the game. I've put over 250 hours into it, and until recently, I was still playing it almost daily. I'm just kind of getting tired of dealing with these issues. Since patches seem to come out monthly, at the very minimum I have to wait until next month to see if they actually make any progress on ironing out the kinks. It also feels like the devs aren't really responding any more to these threads. I've tried reporting bugs before, but never get any confirmation that someone's seen it or that they're working on it. Some of these problems aren't in the known issues thread, and I'm losing faith that SMS are actually going to address any of these. I hope I'm wrong.

Sounds much like my last experience playing. One time playing 3.0 then 1 time playing 4.0. I haven't even bothered to check out 5.0. This game is a gigantic waste of time. At least for me who only plays career.

rams1de
19-10-2015, 21:08
I speak to people online and read on these forums complaining about pit stop bugs.
A lot of misunderstanding is that auto tire option has certain parameters you must meet to have a tire change. You have to set the option a/symmetrical or no tire change.

It's quick to edit the strategy, select the compound and be on your merry way.

And fuel: you set the amount of fuel you want in the tank. It's NOT +10l or +15l. If you set 10l in the pit strategy, and have 15l in the tank, you won't get any fuel. If you have 8l in the tank, and set 10l in pit strategy, you get 8+2=10, and leave the pits with 10l in the tank.

What's also a little confusing to some is litres vs laps. At a glance you may mistake one for the other, but it's not so bad.
As for tires: I tend to make the decision myself instead of leaving it auto.

Remember: your pit strategy must match the tire pressures you set in the car setup menu. If you specify 1.5 bar pressure before the race start, you want your strategy set at 1.5 bar because even if you set no tire change, they will adjust pressures. This played to my advantage in a race last night where I set 1.85 bar front pressures which were hard to keep >90c, so when I boxed for fuel + repairs I dropped the pressures but didn't change tires, and my temps were better for the next stint. Which is cool as all f*
Awesome and handy little feature there. It's also bit me and killed my races where, I made an unexpected stop for fuel/repairs and pit crew let the air out and my tires cooked it. I know to be that little more OCD/pedantic now.

Sound gameplay advice mate. Have you experienced any of the pit stop bugs and/or know if the issues have been acknowledged by the devs?

Cholton82
19-10-2015, 21:17
I've just completed the first championship in the endurance championship , Silverstone Nurburgring and Monza . I scaled them all to two hours and everything went well with pit stops getting the correct fuel and tyres each time . I'll keep an eye on it in the WEC and see what happens .

Gravit8
19-10-2015, 23:01
True. Pit stops still broken.
In career anyway.
Anyone care to explain why tunes for my Mercedes 300 show up when I'm in the formula rookie? That shouldn't happen.

My setup for all tracks didn't work. Have to make new setup at every new track. It goes back to default.
And pit stops in practice are coming up random. Regardless of whether I use strategy or select my own.

I've set my pit strategys to same as setup so there's no confusion.

I did see someone say online pit stops are working now, but I seriously doubt that.
Maybe SMS have concentrated on getting it working in one oarticular area, at the expense of others. Who knows.
Other than the obligatory Hkraft post saying." It's you. Not the game. "
The devs are MIA around here lately. Agreed.
I think the only strategy about broken pit stops that is constant is the lack of good info about how they're broke.
Maybe they are giving up.

hkraft300
19-10-2015, 23:40
Sound gameplay advice mate. Have you experienced any of the pit stop bugs and/or know if the issues have been acknowledged by the devs?

Thanks mate, I try.

Since day 1 I haven't experienced a problem with incorrect fuel. Any problems were my own doing. Since 3.0 with the #laps estimation I found it very conservative so, for longer races I calculate myself OR read the Motec that gives last/average fuel consumption in litres/lap. So eg 2litres/lap x 20 lap race I need 40litres of fuel to finish, so it's what I set in car tuning.
For longer races where for example I need 100 litres of fuel but tank is only 60 litres, I'll start race with 50litres and in pit strategy I'll set my fuel slider to 50, so I know I'll leave the box with 50 litres on board.

With patch 4.0 I had tire compound selection issues like everyone else, but with 5.0 it's been fixed too.

I know the fix has been found for dip+flip/land mine. They found the cause just before the 4.0 release and it's being tested. I guess they didn't meet the deadline for 5.0
The camber exploit is also being fixed: I'm guessing both improvements will make it in patch 6.0 but that's speculation - this information I've gathered in this forum.

As for invisible walls - they know about it but I don't know what's happening with it.
I'm not sure of invisible walls - I got it a couple of times in LMP cars at Spa at pit straight, more often in races with big pile ups. I've also got invisible wall on other tracks but behind a lagging player - not the same issue. The invisible wall may be connected to car parts remaining on track but I wouldn't know.

hkraft300
19-10-2015, 23:57
True. Pit stops still broken.
In career anyway.
Anyone care to explain why tunes for my Mercedes 300 show up when I'm in the formula rookie? That shouldn't happen.

My setup for all tracks didn't work. Have to make new setup at every new track. It goes back to default.
And pit stops in practice are coming up random. Regardless of whether I use strategy or select my own.

I've set my pit strategies to same as setup so there's no confusion.

I did see someone say online pit stops are working now, but I seriously doubt that.
Maybe SMS have concentrated on getting it working in one oarticular area, at the expense of others. Who knows.
Other than the obligatory Hkraft post saying." It's you. Not the game. "
The devs are MIA around here lately. Agreed.
I think the only strategy about broken pit stops that is constant is the lack of good info about how they're broke.
Maybe they are giving up.

Devs aren't MIA. Since 5.0 I've seen more dev posts than ever before, even some I hadn't seen before requesting more info on bugs etc. Dropping teasers for upcoming DLC. Relaying info on patch release threads etc

Saving setups: When you're at, for example Donnington GP and make a setup, it will only save to that track. If you go to the garage through main menu, make a setup, you have to save to ALL tracks for it to save. That said, I tend not to run same setup for different tracks: it's far from optimal and I wouldn't recommend it.

Online pit stops ARE fixed: it's not a matter of you doubting.

My obligatory "It's not the game, it's you" posts are to eliminate the possibility of being a player mistake. If enough of us did the same, genuine bugs would be easier/quicker to isolate.
There's enough threads on here of people ranting about this or that broken/ unavailable but it was them not seeing the next page or a little button on the corner of the screen. Granted, the UI is not the most intuitive or obvious but it works well once you figure it out.

That being said, what info do you want on bugs? Would you like sections of code? Would you like daily updates on what the devs have looked through today to find certain bugs? Or what they've successfully tested/repaired? Have you once provided repeatable occurrence of bugs with videos/telemetry to help devs locate the bugs?
What good does that do: keyboard warriors having better ideas on which/how bugs to fix?
Or does it make you feel all warm and fuzzy inside?
Do you feel entitled to dev reporting to you because you paid ~$100 for a game makes you a stakeholder in SMS operations?
Truth be told: I get the warm and fuzzies with dev feedback, and I appreciate it, but I don't feel entitled to it. Reading code, to me, is boring.

Taxi_slider
20-10-2015, 01:17
Latest update helped the pits heaps. The only major problem left is the headlight fix issue but part from that it's at a satisfactory level. I do endurance racing and just getting soft after soft changed was annoying and making it hard for me to be competetive.

Before every race I go into my pit strategy page and select the saved spot for the car I'm in. Then it's fine after that, just have to remember to apply it before every race.

I'm pretty happy with the progress the sms has made. This game is hands above the rest IMHO and in time, as issues become less, this game will continue to be an awesome experience. :)

Cheers
Jared