PDA

View Full Version : Newpatch?

Dan1948
17-10-2015, 04:21
How do you know if you have the latest patch on the Xbox one as I haven't seen any update notice when I start the game.

STEELJOCKEY
17-10-2015, 04:31
You will get an update notice when it is out, you can't play online without the game running the latest update. Waiting on latest 5.0 to drop very soon

Dan1948
17-10-2015, 15:05
Thanks for the reply Steel Jockey. I guess my question should have been, How do you know when you have a new update to install? On other games when you fire them up it will say "you have a new update. do you want to install?" I haven't seen that on this game since I owned it. How do I know if I have ANY updates installed on Project cars?
Thanks in advance guys!
Dan

Fractured Life
17-10-2015, 15:57
Under manage games it will show you. The game itself in bottom left of menus IN GAME shows you version number, and that was with the last patch - so if you get that version number, I guess you are up to date.

On manage games there is a button combo which opens up a special menu and shows version number as well, RB+LB+A or something.

TheReaper GT
17-10-2015, 15:58
Go to games and apps, highlight project cars, hold both triggers and view button, it will show the version. The current version is 4.0.0.0.

Dynomight Motorsports
17-10-2015, 16:08
PS4 just got theirs so we are probably about 2 weeks away. MS's validation period takes a bit of time.

Dan1948
17-10-2015, 16:55
Go to games and apps, highlight project cars, hold both triggers and view button, it will show the version. The current version is 4.0.0.0.

Thanks for your guidance gents! I'm on version 4.0.0.0.....

STEELJOCKEY
17-10-2015, 19:12
How do you know when you have a new update to install? On other games when you fire them up it will say "you have a new update. do you want to install?"
Dan

To answer your specific question, you will get the same response regardless of the game you play. When you are connected to Live and start any game, if there is an update, you won't be able to play it until you have answered this question

d4ninho
18-10-2015, 12:44
it will fix nothing but break something as all updates they release do,lol
i still cant use the dlc i have as it will not install, i had to delete it just to run the game correctly, now the dlc cost me money so will anyone refund me for stuff i have paid for but cannot use, i doubt it.

we are what 6/7 months in and the game is still not 100 % usable,

pitstops cannot be used
therefore damage cannot be used
weather cannot be used for reason above.

therefore this make this a forza sim which drives better but has less content to use and works less.

no wonder most have gone back to forza, we had a great game here that was not ready and we all became testers, that gentlemen is the gaming industry right there,lol

RTA nOsKiLlS
18-10-2015, 16:11
i still cant use the dlc i have as it will not install, i had to delete it just to run the game correctly, now the dlc cost me money so will anyone refund me for stuff i have paid for but cannot use, i doubt it.

pitstops cannot be used

therefore this make this a forza sim which drives better but has less content to use and works less.

no wonder most have gone back to forza, we had a great game here that was not ready and we all became testers, that gentlemen is the gaming industry right there,lol

Enjoy Forza. ;)

rtazz17
18-10-2015, 20:53
Enjoy Forza. ;)

Most are enjoying forza!;)

Plato99
18-10-2015, 21:24

Most under 15s are enjoying Forza....

Haiden
18-10-2015, 21:44

pitstops cannot be used

And yet here you are. Is the Forza forum offline or something?

Hellrider13
18-10-2015, 22:48
Tell u one thing they can go fuck themselves when project cars 2 is out I'll not waste my money. Don't get me wrong I like the game but feel like I've had the piss taken out of me for too long. They obviously tested the game before release and thought fuck em all they will buy it and we can patch it later! But patch after patch and still problems. I'm pretty happy now I'm using jack spade settings but master levels are way too high for me and could potentially break my wheel I feel. But seriously it's that much of an arse ache getting a good set up that it's boring. I love the engine sounds etc.. But I've never owned any game that needed this much playing about with its totally put me off buying pcars 2 think it will flop big time.

Mrbrown33
18-10-2015, 22:51
Ive binned this game. Came on the site to see if a new up date has been released, and what has been fixed, and as far as ive read, nothing thats going to make this game run any better. Complete p**s take and a waste off my hard earnt money, on a game thats still is in development. Fair play to those who are sticking with it, but I think SMS have wasted enough of my time and money. Only wish i brought the disc version. Complete let down. :(

When are people going to realise that this has to be one of the most broken games ever to come to the Xbox.

Umer Ahmad
18-10-2015, 23:19
Tell u one thing they can go fuck themselves when project cars 2 is out I'll not waste my money. Don't get me wrong I like the game but feel like I've had the piss taken out of me for too long. They obviously tested the game before release and thought fuck em all they will buy it and we can patch it later! But patch after patch and still problems. I'm pretty happy now I'm using jack spade settings but master levels are way too high for me and could potentially break my wheel I feel. But seriously it's that much of an arse ache getting a good set up that it's boring. I love the engine sounds etc.. But I've never owned any game that needed this much playing about with its totally put me off buying pcars 2 think it will flop big time.

1st & Final Warning for language/insulting.

rtazz17
18-10-2015, 23:29
Most under 15s are enjoying Forza....

Haha!Sorry I mustve struck a nerve! Enjoy your broken unfinished game

Umer Ahmad
19-10-2015, 00:23
Ive binned this game. Came on the site to see if a new up date has been released, and what has been fixed, and as far as ive read, nothing thats going to make this game run any better. Complete p**s take and a waste off my hard earnt money, on a game thats still is in development. Fair play to those who are sticking with it, but I think SMS have wasted enough of my time and money. Only wish i brought the disc version. Complete let down. :(

When are people going to realise that this has to be one of the most broken games ever to come to the Xbox.

I think some folks have found a certain enjoyment even through and despite the problems in pcars that other titles like Forza cannot offer even with their 110% stability. This "certain enjoyment" is what keeps those guys playing pcars. That and the continued support SMS offers in the patches and DLCs.

one1two
19-10-2015, 00:28
Say what you want about Project Cars being unfinished, which I disagree with, but I'd take a game with the issues we've got that are breaking the mould for console racers rather than yet another forza where little changes. I use to love Forza and won't say I'll never buy another one but I will be waiting until they take a chance more like SMS and get away from their tired old formula. I hope all that enjoy it and prefer it to PC continue to enjoy it but would go ahead and do that rather than constantly try to bash a game they are supposedly so tired of dealing with.

2pfspiff
19-10-2015, 02:02

Everything for the most part is working for me. I run into the sound stuttering issue more than anything else. As for Forza 6, The car feels like it is on ice everytime I try to race on it. And my wheel is completely useless in the game. The FFB sucks. The car has no feeling.

Maybe it is because there is nothing else on my XB1 except Pcars and Forza. And everytime I start my XB1 I hard start it to wipe out the cache.

Haiden
19-10-2015, 13:19

Okay, see ya. Please close the door on your way out. I guess it's hard for me to realize, because I'm having so much fun playing this broken, unfinished game. In fact, about 10 times more fun than I've ever had playing Forza.

Don't know about striking a nerve, but I bet Plato is enjoying this "unfinished" game. Just like myself and countless others. Sorry it didn't work out for you. Maybe it's your nerve that got struck, and you're feeling left out and find it difficult to allow others to enjoy their unfinished game in peace. I mean, why else do people like you complain about SMS wasting their time with a broken game, but then voluntarily spend their time reading and commenting in the forum community for said game? How much sense does that make? And let's not talk about your right to complain. Yes, you have that right. But the game's been out for six month now. Is your right to complain everlasting and eternal? When does it stop? When you do you finally move on ? When will you say your peace and leave the rest of us to ours? Or are you just a troll?

Umer Ahmad
19-10-2015, 13:23
Hey i was with you until end, u didnt need to insert the insult.

Let's just have respectful disagreements. Thanks

Mecky79
19-10-2015, 14:35
I think some folks have found a certain enjoyment even through and despite the problems in pcars that other titles like Forza cannot offer even with their 110% stability. This "certain enjoyment" is what keeps those guys playing pcars. That and the continued support SMS offers in the patches and DLCs.
Thank you this is it is I despite the numerous problems, always fun with the game had exactly the game what I have long wished for a console. After I got to from PC to console.
Finally something to a race a racing game with all this.
I need no optical tuning or I did not have at that time also painting, GT Legends, GTR2 and Race07. Easily create race car snap, Setup and drive a race weekend against the AI.

rtazz17
19-10-2015, 14:54
Okay, see you. Please close the door on your way out. I guess it's hard for me to realize, because I'm having so much fun playing this broken, unfinished game. In fact, about 10 times more fun than I've ever had playing Forza.

Don't know about striking a nerve, but I bet Plato is enjoying this "unfinished" game. Just like myself and countless others. Sorry it didn't work out for you. Maybe it's your nerve that got struck, and you're feeling left out and find it difficult to allow others to enjoy their unfinished game in peace. I mean, why else do people like you complain about SMS wasting their time with a broken game, but then voluntarily spend their time reading and commenting in the forum community for said game? How much sense does that make? And let's not talk about your right to complain. Yes, you have that right. But the game's been out for six month now. Is your right to complain everlasting and eternal? When does it stop? When you do you finally move on ? When will you say your peace and leave the rest of us to ours? Or are you just a troll?

Oh boy I really struck a nerve... Relax....I have every right to post here.. I keep my language appropriate and dont insult people..........Oh and I bought the game from sms and this is their forum for their players to voice their opinion... If you dont like my opinion block me.. Simple as that...But I will continue to give my opinion so deal with it.By the way if you read posts from others I am by far not the only one who feels this way.. I was a big supporter in the beginning of this game and posts were positive.Its been way too long and too many useless patches to stay positive at this point.. The game is broken.Fact..

Anchorman
19-10-2015, 15:13
As a casual user and not racing online, I have not had any problems with the game since patch one. Racing karts the other day I had a red and white hoarding barrelling towards me and I actually ducked!
It's pretty s(t)imulating for me. In a hurry to go to the kitchen I was standing up racing with an Xbone controller, impossible to keep your balance, if that's not immersive! Must get a wheel next.

wOoDsTeR16
19-10-2015, 15:28
Must get a wheel next.

Makes it a whole new game buddy

Dan77 DESTROYER
19-10-2015, 16:00
Makes it a whole new game buddy

+1 on that, love my wheel and really glad I took the plunge and got it,

The game bugs are irritating and definatly not ideal but at this stage the game is what it is until SMS get on top of it which I'm sure they are.
Have faith guys it's working much better than it was after release,
definatly sticking with it :D

nissan4ever
19-10-2015, 16:45
+1 on that, love my wheel and really glad I took the plunge and got it

I'm happy for you Dan77 Destroyer. I remember racing you when game first came out. You were getting fed up with the controller pad real quick. You were so happy when you got that TX. You just had to get used to racing with a wheel. :)

Haiden
19-10-2015, 17:52
Hey i was with you until end, u didnt need to insert the insult.

Let's just have respectful disagreements. Thanks

LOL...I hear you, but it was really just a question. I'm genuinely curious. :)

Oh boy I really struck a nerve... Relax....I have every right to post here.. I keep my language appropriate and dont insult people..........Oh and I bought the game from sms and this is their forum for their players to voice their opinion... If you dont like my opinion block me.. Simple as that...But I will continue to give my opinion so deal with it.By the way if you read posts from others I am by far not the only one who feels this way.. I was a big supporter in the beginning of this game and posts were positive.Its been way too long and too many useless patches to stay positive at this point.. The game is broken.Fact..

Well, I can see from your response that you didn't read my comment at all, and instead just started banging out your response, but that really doesn't surprise me. You did not strike a nerve--as I said. And you also didn't answer any of the questions. Particularly, "Is your right to complain everlasting and eternal?" I'm curious, how long are you going to subject everyone to your never ending grief and disappointment with PCars? Do you not have anything better to do than rag on a game you don't play because it's so broken? I mean, if you're really that upset with SMS, why are you giving them more of your time? I just don't understand it. When I don't like a product, I post a review, and then move on. I don't hang around in the product forum, telling satisfied customers how much I hate the product. But I guess if you're looking to antagonize, or as you call it... "strike a nerve", then carry on. Especially if you don't have anything better to do with your time.

Plato99
19-10-2015, 18:37

Thanks, I'm loving it now. I quite like that it's unfinished. Thinking how awesome it will be when it is finished. Pity you won't ever know as you'll still be spinning wheels for XP rewards and wondering where the fun is to be had plodding around the Nurburgring in an executive saloon whilst being sideswiped by angry teenagers listening to Limp Biskit on Kinect.

wOoDsTeR16
19-10-2015, 18:43
I'm happy for you Dan77 Destroyer. I remember racing you when game first came out. You were getting fed up with the controller pad real quick. You were so happy when you got that TX. You just had to get used to racing with a wheel. :)

As you know I was the other way round. I was fast with a pad but with a wheel I was 2 secs slower. But when I decided to get the TX I also told myself that with the amount of money I was going to spend on my set up I would never touch the pad again. Well, I didn't stick to it, I had a go with the pad the other day and whats the word I'm looking for?

NOOOOOOOOOB lol

beetes_juice
19-10-2015, 19:05
Thanks, I'm loving it now. I quite like that it's unfinished. Thinking how awesome it will be when it is finished. Pity you won't ever know as you'll still be spinning wheels for XP rewards and wondering where the fun is to be had plodding around the Nurburgring in an executive saloon whilst being sideswiped by angry teenagers listening to Limp Biskit on Kinect.

Haven't been on here in a few days, just got a new pup.

Anyway, best comment of the day to you sir.:applouse:

Mrbrown33
19-10-2015, 22:30
Really Haiden? Its always alright for the ones that the game works fine for, isnt it. But for those that it doesn't, your attitude is, tuff s***. Your pathetic critisam only makes me laugh, that your the mug that buys into all this bulls****. And you call me a troll! D***head. And I always hear the same line "watch the door on your way out" Pathetic!

STEELJOCKEY
19-10-2015, 22:44
Looks like another thread getting so off topic and turning into another whinge fest/slagging match. Give it a rest you lot!

SUBGTRACER
19-10-2015, 23:15
I hope yu get your patch ASAP and it improves the xbox experience as it has done the ps4 in a few ways .

Haiden
19-10-2015, 23:59
Really Haiden? Its always alright for the ones that the game works fine for, isnt it. But for those that it doesn't, your attitude is, tuff s***. Your pathetic critisam only makes me laugh, that your the mug that buys into all this bulls****. And you call me a troll! D***head. And I always hear the same line "watch the door on your way out" Pathetic!

Except the thing you don't realize is, I've also been critical of both the game and SMS. I think SMS bit off a little more than they can chew, and the game's buggy state has seriously cost them, and the community, in terms of momentum. They could have done better. Period. But that's already been said, by everyone, at least ten times, months ago. At this point, if you haven't figured out which direction the train is going and the route it's taking, then you're just a little slow. Yes, there's bugs, and the process for dealing with them leaves room for improvement. But again. This is known. By all. SMS is doing to the best they can, you're either onboard or you're not. If you're not happy and you want to leave, I totally understand. But here's the thing I don't understand...

I visit this forum to see what's new. I find new tuning tips that I can try, opinions on hardware, fixes, patch info, event info, DIY tips, etc. You name it. Basically, I (like a lot of people) come here to extend and improve my experience with the game. Why do you come here, Mr. Brown? Just to complain? Seriously... Is that you're only reason for coming here? You don't like the game--you've already told everyone. Now you just want to keep saying that, over and over, whenever you get a chance to interject it? Is that it? Because you don't like the game and don't play it, so you're not here for the tips and tricks, or to find people to race with. Please tell me this isn't a source of entertainment for you, or that you get any real worthwhile fulfillment from this. Please say that's not so. Although, I honestly can't think of any other reason. You say you always here the same line: "Watch the door on the way out." and that's pathetic? No, sir. What's pathetic is that you choose to spend your time hanging out in a forum community for a game you hate and don't play, just so you can poke at everyone that's having a good time and remind them how unhappy you are.

You see... Early on, complaints where expected. But now, six months later. Most of the people here simply DO NOT CARE. That's why we're still here--hoping...praying...wishing people like you will finally find something else to make you happy and stop coming here with your heaviness, sounding like a broken record, playing your sad "Woe is me, I feel cheated; SMS made me feel bad" tale of heartbreak and betrayal. At the very least, go find a thread focused on complaints and stop roaming through the forums looking for anyone that seems remotely happy with the game to remind them how badly SMS hurt your feelings.

SUBGTRACER
20-10-2015, 00:09
I think SMS bit off a little more than they can chew......................... < that part of your statement I believe is the hard truth unfortunately ....

nissan4ever
20-10-2015, 02:34

So, you going to give me a reputation mark for this accurate account of what Dan77 did experience. Exactly what is your deal & what does "Forza is best with a pad, fanboy" have to do with my comment? Absolutely nothing.

nissan4ever
20-10-2015, 03:18
As you know I was the other way round. I was fast with a pad but with a wheel I was 2 secs slower. But when I decided to get the TX I also told myself that with the amount of money I was going to spend on my set up I would never touch the pad again. Well, I didn't stick to it

I didn't remember that, lol. Sorry :)

wOoDsTeR16
20-10-2015, 04:42
I didn't remember that, lol. Sorry :)

Your a lost cause lol

Mrbrown33
20-10-2015, 10:33
Except the thing you don't realize is, I've also been critical of both the game and SMS. I think SMS bit off a little more than they can chew, and the game's buggy state has seriously cost them, and the community, in terms of momentum. They could have done better. Period. But that's already been said, by everyone, at least ten times, months ago. At this point, if you haven't figured out which direction the train is going and the route it's taking, then you're just a little slow. Yes, there's bugs, and the process for dealing with them leaves room for improvement. But again. This is known. By all. SMS is doing to the best they can, you're either onboard or you're not. If you're not happy and you want to leave, I totally understand. But here's the thing I don't understand...

I visit this forum to see what's new. I find new tuning tips that I can try, opinions on hardware, fixes, patch info, event info, DIY tips, etc. You name it. Basically, I (like a lot of people) come here to extend and improve my experience with the game. Why do you come here, Mr. Brown? Just to complain? Seriously... Is that you're only reason for coming here? You don't like the game--you've already told everyone. Now you just want to keep saying that, over and over, whenever you get a chance to interject it? Is that it? Because you don't like the game and don't play it, so you're not here for the tips and tricks, or to find people to race with. Please tell me this isn't a source of entertainment for you, or that you get any real worthwhile fulfillment from this. Please say that's not so. Although, I honestly can't think of any other reason. You say you always here the same line: "Watch the door on the way out." and that's pathetic? No, sir. What's pathetic is that you choose to spend your time hanging out in a forum community for a game you hate and don't play, just so you can poke at everyone that's having a good time and remind them how unhappy you are.

You see... Early on, complaints where expected. But now, six months later. Most of the people here simply DO NOT CARE. That's why we're still here--hoping...praying...wishing people like you will finally find something else to make you happy and stop coming here with your heaviness, sounding like a broken record, playing your sad "Woe is me, I feel cheated; SMS made me feel bad" tale of heartbreak and betrayal. At the very least, go find a thread focused on complaints and stop roaming through the forums looking for anyone that seems remotely happy with the game to remind them how badly SMS hurt your feelings.
Im slow??? Really?? If people like you didnt respond to my post like you have then I wouldnt be getting more frutrated and angry. saying that, thats your point isnt it. You patronise members to try and up set them more.

Haiden
20-10-2015, 12:16
Im slow??? Really?? If people like you didnt respond to my post like you have then I wouldnt be getting more frutrated and angry. saying that, thats your point isnt it. You patronise members to try and up set them more.

Whatever you say. I'm not the one frequenting a forum community for a product I hate.

Anyway... Don't forget to refresh the index page. You don't want to miss an opportunity to crap on someone else's happiness.

Wari
20-10-2015, 12:45
I have the latest patch 5.0 . I appreciate many of the upgrades however the game still shuts off everytime I check my new contracts. It only recently started doing this but I hoped that version 5.0 would eliminate this annoying crash. Infact last night I was on my last endurance lap at 30 just coming around my final turn an she crashed.
This was the delayed crash from my new contract because it didn't crash at the beginning of my career ( like it usually does) so that usually means it will crash later . I call this the contract crash and version 5.0 doesn't seem to have that one fixed yet.

TNTNitro
20-10-2015, 13:14
microsoft who is delaying the patch

or the patch was, and always is sent in error?

most broken game I've ever played, I don't doubt that microsoft find bugs in patch.

The Witcher patch 16 GB and left practically together with the PS4

wOoDsTeR16
20-10-2015, 13:33
microsoft who is delaying the patch

or the patch was, and always is sent in error?

most broken game I've ever played, I don't doubt that microsoft find bugs in patch.

The Witcher patch 16 GB and left practically together with the PS4

Buy a game made by milestone, SMS would soon be forgiven lol

skells22
20-10-2015, 15:32
there might be a 3rd reason for this no show of patch for your xbox one, might just be sitting in a queue as there are due to be lots of games that Microsoft need to check for day one patches like ACS and Halo 5

Liquid7394
20-10-2015, 16:54
That doesn't explain why previous updates were received later.

Schnizz58
20-10-2015, 17:02
That doesn't explain why previous updates were received later.
It might explain some of them. We don't know what's in their queue. However we do know that a couple of the early patches were rejected. And I think one of them came out pretty quickly relative to the other platforms (4.0?).

Raven403
20-10-2015, 17:14
It might explain some of them. We don't know what's in their queue. However we do know that a couple of the early patches were rejected. And I think one of them came out pretty quickly relative to the other platforms (4.0?).

Yup 4.0

morphee7
20-10-2015, 17:57
As you know I was the other way round. I was fast with a pad but with a wheel I was 2 secs slower. But when I decided to get the TX I also told myself that with the amount of money I was going to spend on my set up I would never touch the pad again. Well, I didn't stick to it, I had a go with the pad the other day and whats the word I'm looking for?

NOOOOOOOOOB lol

woody...... go forth and multiply lol how i regret buying the spider and not waiting to be able to get a TX might throw it on the ebay bargin bucket towards a TX

Psychomatrix
20-10-2015, 18:04
Interest in the game seems not high anymore. I can remembered 200 pages where's the patch threads.

Plato99
20-10-2015, 18:24
Buy a game made by milestone, SMS would soon be forgiven lol

Key difference being is that SMS are still patching and making the game better after six months, whereas Milestone are releasing games that look like we're coded six years ago...

perositi
21-10-2015, 03:31
So is there any news when we will get the patch or we still in the dark.

CPU M Rossi
21-10-2015, 03:49
So is there any news when we will get the patch or we still in the dark.
still in the dark with no night light

TheReaper GT
21-10-2015, 03:51
still in the dark with no night light

Now I wanna play Alan Wake, damn you Rossi... Hahaha

CPU M Rossi
21-10-2015, 04:09
hmmm didn't know that was a reference to Alan Wake in any way

wOoDsTeR16
21-10-2015, 04:56
Key difference being is that SMS are still patching and making the game better after six months, whereas Milestone are releasing games that look like we're coded six years ago...

Your so kind, I would of said that Milestone ain't got a clue what there doing! lol

nissan4ever
21-10-2015, 05:20

Love that game :) one of the best games period, for Xbox 360.

Lagoa
21-10-2015, 08:50
not really following things anymore... Kinda lost interest in pcars.. But wanted to play again yesterday so checked forums real quick.. Lol nothing new it seems. AGAIN 10 DAYS BEHIND with the patch... Some sad sad bs...

KkDrummer
21-10-2015, 09:24
People that love PCars will be playing it until PCars 2 come out. Patches are more than welcome, but if you are still playing PCars, you are having fun with it so waiting for a patch is not a problem...I for one, am having a great time with it...lots of fun doing long races.

Raven403
21-10-2015, 11:15
Every patch we go through the same thing, the patches are submitted at the same time, it's Microsoft that is responsible for the long patch turnover. Don't know y that's still a foreign concept to people. Not like there's hundreds of pepole on here anymore but still.

Plato99
21-10-2015, 15:31
People that love PCars will be playing it until PCars 2 come out. Patches are more than welcome, but if you are still playing PCars, you are having fun with it so waiting for a patch is not a problem...I for one, am having a great time with it...lots of fun doing long races.

What he said x10

Dynomight Motorsports
21-10-2015, 23:03
Well apparently they fixed the Dip n' Flip, but not Landmines. I've been informed they don't know what causes Landmines so that will continue. Until today I didn't know there was much of a difference but apparently there is and its not fixed. So Expect more of the same.. Now Broken Weather progression, and More Landmines ( as reported by PC and PS4 players)

Schnizz58
21-10-2015, 23:09
Well apparently they fixed the Dip n' Flip, but not Landmines. I've been informed they don't know what causes Landmines so that will continue. Until today I didn't know there was much of a difference but apparently there is and its not fixed. So Expect more of the same.. Now Broken Weather progression, and More Landmines ( as reported by PC and PS4 players)
I didn't know there was a difference either until just the other day.

Umer Ahmad
22-10-2015, 18:25
New patch is released, discuss in patch thread