PDA

View Full Version : Dlc schedule? (Is there one?)

Gravit8
17-10-2015, 11:22
It seems like they drop randomly.
There is no set schedule or day of the month for it is there?
Just curious.

Is there a reason for delay between update and dlc?

Robhd
17-10-2015, 12:02
I agree the DLC releases seem a bit half baked and why on earth tie them to patches?

I mean they surely don't expect to be having to patch every month until PC2 arrives... Do they?

Chiraq
17-10-2015, 12:12
I agree the DLC releases seem a bit half baked and why on earth tie them to patches?

I mean they surely don't expect to be having to patch every month until PC2 arrives... Do they?

They have to

Shinzah
17-10-2015, 12:16

There probably won't be DLC/Patch for EVERY MONTH until Project Cars 2. Eventually the whole team will probably have to be on deck for that game. But that is a while away.

Why not? In this way it keeps them delivering on their promise of support, anyway.

No there is no DLC schedule and probably won't be.

Robhd
17-10-2015, 12:26
Yeah i see your point Shinzah.. It just seems weird way to run a business in terms of the DLC releases.

I mean wouldn't most companies be trying to maximise their revenue streams? Creating confusion amongst your potential customer base isn't an exactly ideal marketing strategy.

RTA nOsKiLlS
17-10-2015, 12:29
http://s8.postimg.org/ljv2p5sqd/Project_cars_DLC_calender.jpg

Shinzah
17-10-2015, 12:34
Yeah i see your point Shinzah.. It just seems weird way to run a business in terms of the DLC releases.

I mean wouldn't most companies be trying to maximise their revenue streams? Creating confusion amongst your potential customer base isn't an exactly ideal marketing strategy.

It's true, but SMS is trying to be a very. Um, ambitious? Company. They don't mean to create confusion, but they are also walking on the edge a lot too. Some of this DLC was probably licensed not very long ago. Some of the content doesn't even get finished before the DLC drops so other things need to be placed into it instead, like what happened with the Test Track/Scottish Track. They haven't got a rigid timeline beyond "Every month". So far every month, they've managed to deliver something. That's impressive itself.

A small studio trying to deliver on its promise of delivering a mass market complex simulator while cross developing the IP and with a probably very tenuous publisher tie (I honestly don't even know how they roped in Bandai-Namco. That's not exactly a publisher known for its specialized simulation games.) is a tough position to be in already.

The louder minorities of the consumer community doesn't give them much of a break, either.

Robhd
17-10-2015, 12:56
Agreed.. I personally think the delivered product is brilliant and the commitment to the customer base should hopefully create brand loyalty for the future despite a very vocal minority of detractors.

Hopefully, manufacturers will get on board and see the potential the franchise has and give more support.

Personally, i feel a more obviously planned and mapped dlc schedule would create customer confidence and demonstrate a more focused approach to potential partner companies.. Such as license holders, manufacturers etc

rams1de
17-10-2015, 13:14
The louder minorities of the consumer community doesn't give them much of a break, either.

I don't know about that. You always seem very supportive.

Shinzah
17-10-2015, 13:18
I don't know about that. You always seem very supportive.

You mean like...most other people?

TheReaper GT
17-10-2015, 13:23
They always come at the end of the month, around 27th, it's pretty comprehensive to me...
Their method of release is attached to patches so even if you don't own a DLC pack you still can use the cars/traks on multiplayer races if the host lock the car or choose said track. Another advantage is that you can see the other racer's cars even if it's a DLC car, not a black Jetta as in other games in the past. All DLC files are in the patches, the pack you buy on the store front contain only minor last minute fixes for that content and the unlock key to allow the use of it.

Gravit8
17-10-2015, 21:01
Thanks. End of month. Cool

diesel97
17-10-2015, 21:16
Thanks. End of month. Cool

I swear i have seen that same answer at least 10 X before

diesel97
17-10-2015, 21:19
It could be like EA that wants your $60 for a season pass before the game is even released and never tell you what in it (a.k.a. Battlefront ) , at least with SMS if you dont like dont buy it

Gravit8
17-10-2015, 21:52
You alright there diesel?
Double post
I'm not looking for any trouble. Just clarification.
Has EA gotcha knickers all twisted?
If that annoys you. Just wait to play it til they release the game with all dlc a year later.
That's what I do now. Just postpone start date. Get it free.
You also get to start on a much more stable build.

bmanic
17-10-2015, 22:00

EA has historically got pretty much everybody's knickers twisted. There is a reason why they were voted the worst company in America, twice, in a row.

Shinzah
17-10-2015, 22:17
EA has historically got pretty much everybody's knickers twisted. There is a reason why they were voted the worst company in America, twice, in a row.

Not really sure they were *actually* worse than BoA though...

diesel97
17-10-2015, 22:32
You alright there diesel?
Double post
I'm not looking for any trouble. Just clarification.
If that annoys you. Just wait to play it til they release the game with all dlc a year later.
That's what I do now. Just postpone start date. Get it free.
You also get to start on a much more stable build.

I dont give two craps about EA or battlefront i was just pointing out other devs take on DLC. Some people think because they bought a game their part owners know and demand everything yesterday

vahagn_hayk
18-10-2015, 06:06
http://s8.postimg.org/ljv2p5sqd/Project_cars_DLC_calender.jpg

what does the graphic prove or show? don't really understand the graphic and how it goes with what has happened so far...?! from marketing standpoint SMS gets 120 for that graphical sales pitch! :) nicely done! but do not believe it will hold...

T0MMY
18-10-2015, 08:07
what does the graphic prove or show? don't really understand the graphic and how it goes with what has happened so far...?! from marketing standpoint SMS gets 120 for that graphical sales pitch! :) nicely done! but do not believe it will hold...

It shows what type of DLC we get on which month, each row represent a month. As that picture shows, we can know that on October we will get a free car and a car pack DLC. the following month we will get a free car, a free livery pack and a track expansion.

I have been updating that chart myself for my DLC Speculation thread: