PDA

View Full Version : Vondaful Game

Lewis Puppy
17-10-2015, 15:51
I've had this game now for about 3 weeks and I love it. Thank you SMS and keep up the great work. This is exactly what I was looking for and needed!

Alan_Bernardo
17-10-2015, 17:16
The game is decent and fun. But it's full of bugs, multiplayer is terrible (no decent outputs for leagues), and quite honestly the game isn't even remotely close to the driving experience of Assetto Corsa.

Assetto Corsa is a simulator; PC is pretty much an arcade game with a lot of frills and a truck-load of bugs.

Maybe I'll come back to the game once SMS gets their act together, but for now it's all Assetto Corsa (1100 hours, as compared to 100 for PC).

VanquishedVantage
17-10-2015, 17:29
The game is decent and fun. But it's full of bugs, multiplayer is terrible (no decent outputs for leagues), and quite honestly the game isn't even remotely close to the driving experience of Assetto Corsa.

Assetto Corsa is a simulator; PC is pretty much an arcade game with a lot of frills and a truck-load of bugs.

Maybe I'll come back to the game once SMS gets their act together, but for now it's all Assetto Corsa (1100 hours, as compared to 100 for PC).
Remember that SMS is trying really hard to please the community.
Have fun with a game that has an extremely limited car choice and horrible AI, no offence.

Shinzah
17-10-2015, 17:45

>Comes on forum
>New thread about how someone likes the game
>Someone like you has to "Express their opinion"
>What faith in humanity that went up I had
>Went back down again because you're kind of a prick
>And also wrong.

https://media.giphy.com/media/l0O9xk5sLcmWmOkaQ/giphy.gif

balderz002
17-10-2015, 18:11
Dont mess with the king!

VanquishedVantage
17-10-2015, 18:21
Dont mess with the king!

ALL HAIL SHINZAH, THE KING OF THE GIFS!

TrevorAustin
17-10-2015, 18:33

Interesting as I feel completely the opposite, crap physics in AC< very crap graphics in comparison and only decent FFB after the last patch, and the cars and AI, just lol.

Knightfall
17-10-2015, 18:55

Nub comment.

Lewis Puppy
17-10-2015, 20:08
I'd like to see some SC/VSC in the Formula series! :) Great stuff

a3broek
17-10-2015, 20:28

What is the definition of so called "Arcade" ? I don't understand when a game / simulation is "arcade", maybe you can explain?
I own both games, pCars and AC, but AC is very, very boring for me.
AC doesn't even come close to pCars in physics and graphics.
But that's my opinion.

balderz002
17-10-2015, 21:01
Everyone is entitled to their opinion. Its just the internet age has given rise to the train of thought that everyone's opinion is important and worth sharing. Rightly, or wrongly. Mostly wrongly. Thank you for sharing.

havocc
17-10-2015, 21:21

Reminds me of so called game reviewers who try the game for 1h with all assists on with a 150bhp car and say "arcade", pick McLaren F1 Lotus 49T or Yellowbird, go to Nordschleife, turn off all assists and have fun with your "arcade game"...

Also for me AC physics are dabatable, a Ferrari 599XX Evo with warm soft slick tyres that can't do turn 5 at Silverstone flat-out and slides all around the track like a road car on street tyres doesn't seems right to me...

Krus Control
17-10-2015, 21:53
I don't know where this business about PCARS being arcadey got started. It's quite silly to see people saying this constantly. It's a good way to identify somebody who doesn't know what they're talking about. I've always hated seeing people say this. Maybe PCARS would have more fans without the haters but who knows. AC feels a lot less polished to me in every way. Different cars in PCARS feel better and worse IMO though. Like I've never liked the way the modern DTM feels and the Cobra Trans Am has always felt strange to me. I don't really have a real world refence for those cars though. The important things about PCARS are things like being able to see and identify rubbery areas on track where there will be more grip, being able to visually identify and differentiate wet conditions as they change. The tire model is clearly exceptional. I'm always seeing strange and new behavior in every tire. The way certain tires feel when cold as compared to others and sometimes difficulty associated with getting heat into them. The game constantly has my jaw dropped with just the mundane things. I was having a problem for a while where I was having strange incidents in the first or second lap of a race when I tried to push the car further. It was always behavior that the car didn't exhibit in practice or qualifying. I was having this problem in every class. You need to treat the beginning of the race differently. Something between the track rubbering in and having perfectly fresh tires makes for unstable handling on the limit until the tires have worn a bit. At least I'm pretty sure this is the case. Has anybody else experienced this?

hkraft300
17-10-2015, 22:05
Start of the race, in traffic, feels just that little bit skatey but I thought it was down to nerves, traffic and aero effects. Also the tires don't all stay at 92c. Give it a lap or 2 to settle into temps and balance out for the way you drive.
But you could be right too. Could be both.

That moment when the track temp changes and you back off a touch to save your tires, and they drop 10c and you lose 2 sec/lap, so you gotta push to warm them up but start to wear them out real quick...
The struggle, my friend. It's real {0_0}

bmanic
17-10-2015, 22:11

Bla bla bla bla...

That's just your opinion. AC is no more of a simulator than pCars. It has it's faults and really strange physics issues as well. Not to mention that in the latest update it actually got way closer to the pCars tire model feel than ever before (as did iRacing with it's latest update). So yeah, which one is closer to reality, eh?

Your kind of comment just instantly puts you in the "oh.. it's one of those people again" category. Mindless regurgitation from the AC lobbying group. It's getting quite tiresome and the longer it goes the more foolish it looks.

EDIT: .. and for people like you I always have to give the disclaimer: I've owned every single product Kunos has ever sold (yes, I'm one of those unlucky netKar Pro early adopters). Basically I've purchased every single simulator on the planet except rF2 and LFS so it's not like I don't have any perspective on the matter. And for kickers, I've driven the BMW Z4, the very same model that is in AC, around a track and up until the latest patch, it was nowhere near reality. In fact, it was so far from reality that it was ridiculous. They've since fixed the botched gear box and differential (and the latest tire model update helps a lot too) but it's still a bit iffy and doesn't drive quite like the real deal as far as I'm concerned. So yeah.. if AC is your idea of "perfect simulation" when compared to pCars then you are delusional or just have a very different idea of how reality translates to virtual.

bmanic
17-10-2015, 22:27
What is the definition of so called "Arcade" ? I don't understand when a game / simulation is "arcade", maybe you can explain?
I own both games, pCars and AC, but AC is very, very boring for me.
AC doesn't even come close to pCars in physics and graphics.
But that's my opinion.

There is no definition. It's typical BS from mindless sheep. I don't even know who coined the "simcade" word in the first place. I remember it started happen at the iRacing forums back in the day when people wanted to disrespect other titles like netKar Pro or the original rFactor. Before those days it was used by PC master race hard core simracer's to describe Gran Turismo. Ironically, over the years sims like iRacing have actually become much closer to the handling of GT/Forza in some areas (like low speed grip which was completely off in the old sims like GPL and Nascar 2003). I think it all boils down to the weird mentality and history of PC sim racing. It's become a sort of pseudo reality where people truly think that real cars handle the way they did in the early PC sims when in actual fact they were so far off that it wasn't even funny.

I don't know, it's just a very weird mindset and obvious complete lack of any kind of critical thinking. Here we have a game like pCars that goes into ridiculous detail in it's tire model simulation and it's all there clear as day to feel/see. Yet it's deemed less of a simulator even though it SIMULATES (in the very sense of the word!!) more things than certain competing products. It shouldn't even be a question of how well something is simulated but rather if it is simulated at all! Once you start to pick apart the problems you'll quickly notice that none of the current products are any where near reality yet.. they just represent it differently. pCars, LFS and AC are probably on the more forgiving side compared to say iRacing (then again it is now rapidly going into a similar "car must make more sense" direction but that doesn't make iRacing more accurate necessarily. Different sides of the coin. Objectively looking iRacing in it's early days was probably one of the least accurate simulations as it was so far off the mark that it wasn't funny at all, yet it was hailed as the "king of simulation!" by a very vocal group of people.

Human nature is strange.

/rant

hkraft300
17-10-2015, 23:41
I'm not liking this pCars vs AC debate all over this forum. I like battlefield over cod, but you don't see me in cod forums talking smack about it.

That said, I'm just happy SMS successfully and daringly brought a sim to console. It's opened the doors, encouraged/inspired/ paved the way for more titles to come to console (heard there are other titles besides AC to make the jump). I welcome the variety. Competition breeds excellence. Hopefully the studios will play each other's games and try to outdo each other. They're resources grow enough for better R&D, better tire/physics models, more accurate digital recreations of our favourite cars/tracks/events.

Hopefully the manufacturers also relax their license restriction a little, and not fear so much for performance/ damage model stuff, let the studios do their thang.

Brighter days ahead, ladies :)

Knightfall
18-10-2015, 00:54
I'm not liking this pCars vs AC debate all over this forum. I like battlefield over cod, but you don't see me in cod forums talking smack about it.

That said, I'm just happy SMS successfully and daringly brought a sim to console. It's opened the doors, encouraged/inspired/ paved the way for more titles to come to console (heard there are other titles besides AC to make the jump). I welcome the variety. Competition breeds excellence. Hopefully the studios will play each other's games and try to outdo each other. They're resources grow enough for better R&D, better tire/physics models, more accurate digital recreations of our favourite cars/tracks/events.

Hopefully the manufacturers also relax their license restriction a little, and not fear so much for performance/ damage model stuff, let the studios do their thang.

Brighter days ahead, ladies :)

The thing is... most of the people that come in here to complain about the game are just butthurt that the game is so good, and people playing it and enjoying it.

Reminds me of a quote from the immortal Alfred Pennyworth played by the great Michael Caine:

Because some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn.

Lewis Puppy
18-10-2015, 13:52
and the cars and AI, just lol.

Yes, I heard that the AI is really terrible in AC, far worse than PCARS. I need a great AI to race against. I don't just want to do timed laps by myself or multiplayer. If I want multiplayer, I'll just fire up my iRacing instead.

havocc
18-10-2015, 14:33
Yes, I heard that the AI is really terrible in AC, far worse than PCARS. I need a great AI to race against. I don't just want to do timed laps by myself or multiplayer. If I want multiplayer, I'll just fire up my iRacing instead.

Last time i played against ai on ac i got a slow down penalty for corner cutting and the ai cars slowed down instead of overtaking as if they were behind a safety car

Montana.BE
18-10-2015, 15:13
I've had this game now for about 3 weeks and I love it. Thank you SMS and keep up the great work. This is exactly what I was looking for and needed!

Second that ! It's a great game !

And today I found the best car : the Ford Capri !

It drives so nice ...

Montana.BE
18-10-2015, 15:19
To know if a game is arcade or simulation, there's some very simple things to test :
Arcade games have unrealistic speeds displayed, and also have unrealistic crashing/colliding models. Said differently, you can crash at silly speeds against any car, and even come out the corner faster than you entered, seemingly without damage. That is arcade ! Usually, arcade games don't have any brakes, cause the 6 year olds don't have any driving experience themselves, and they just plant the gas 90% of the time, bouncing off the corner walls.
And, I don't think you can win many races in PC (or Assetto Corsa) driving like that. Even with some options adjusted for that.

havocc
18-10-2015, 16:55
THIS is arcade https://youtu.be/hX_ke3GwLE0

...and EA holds Porsche license for this cr*p...

balderz002
18-10-2015, 17:04
THIS is arcade https://youtu.be/hX_ke3GwLE0

...and EA holds Porsche license for this cr*p...

Its cute they are still flogging the Fast and Furious horse. But if Porsche are happy for this type of game to be associated with their brand. Maybe they should stick to diesels!