PDA

View Full Version : Daytona Theory

ARSEBubba
18-10-2015, 04:46
I think I'm on to something. Since Daytona was in early builds as Volusia, I'm thinking Daytona is holding the licenses on SMS until Daytona Rising project is finished because they want the new look of the track in the game rather than the old.

PC49NZ
18-10-2015, 04:58
There was Sherlock Holmes and his mate Watson and now another mate Bubba. Good thinking all the same.

AtomicSphincter
18-10-2015, 08:48
I think I'm on to something. Since Daytona was in early builds as Volusia, I'm thinking Daytona is holding the licenses on SMS until Daytona Rising project is finished because they want the new look of the track in the game rather than the old.

I don't think that's the case, cause what about Turn 10? Daytona, along with other oval tracks are removing seating due to dropping attendance numbers all over the country. It's such a small part of the track really.
I wish we had Sebring and Daytona in project cars, those are both amazing tracks!

Azure Flare
18-10-2015, 08:53
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-61_jQP10tR8/Ubt7vS5L0FI/AAAAAAAAAa0/Ef2sI-CXTYE/s1600/TinFoilHatArea.jpg

ARSEBubba
18-10-2015, 09:00
I don't think that's the case, cause what about Turn 10? Daytona, along with other oval tracks are removing seating due to dropping attendance numbers all over the country. It's such a small part of the track really.
I wish we had Sebring and Daytona in project cars, those are both amazing tracks!

Daytona is adding seating in this project and the whole turn 10 thing is due to money most likely. They have a considerably higher budget and probably paid more to get the license. In forza 6 it is the "finished" daytona rising stands.

LigierJSP2
19-10-2015, 17:56
The most recent rumor I had heard was that we would get Daytona as a DLC, but again, that is only a rumor.

copes24
19-10-2015, 18:23
My guess is they are keeping it for the November track expansion and are hoping it will help shift a few extra copies at Christmas. You can call me Miss Marple from now on.

Sasquatch
19-10-2015, 20:34
I think I'm on to something. Since Daytona was in early builds as Volusia

Volusia is the Florida County name that Daytona is in. Just a FYI.

VanquishedVantage
19-10-2015, 23:49
Volusia is the Florida County name that Daytona is in. Just a FYI.
The more you know!

Wayfastwhitey26
20-10-2015, 12:49
You may be on to something...may not. Interesting enough, Indy has a reno project going on as well. New seating and such. 100th running of the Indy 500 this year, so I hope I'm wrong but the DLC for Indy could come closer to this race. I'm guessing the Indy car update will be seperate from the Oval Racing Pack. Like I said, I hope I'm wrong! Until then, I patiently wait.

Str8shooter
20-10-2015, 15:06
I was just at the Daytona Speedway last weekend for a Biketoberfest and they are working really hard to have it all finished in time for 2016 Speed Weeks. I've been going to Daytona since the late 1980s and now live just a short drive away. I must say they are building an amazing venue not only for racing but will be having a huge music festival next year as well. I sat in the new stands for the last July race and the view was spectacular. While it can be said they are adding seats, the actual number of seats has been greatly reduced. Just a few days ago they took down the stands on the back stretch which eliminated several thousand seats. Guessing, I think they went from around 150,000 seats to 101,000 with the new seating on the front stretch.

As for the track coming to PC, Daytona and Sebring are on my wish list. I was happy to get to try Daytona in Forza 6 but really want it in PC for the driving physics. I did see the new seats in the Forza version but didn't notice if the back stretch stands are missing like it should be to fully represent the Daytona Uprising final result. There was a schedule of DLC for PC floating around and going by that it looked like Daytona would fit in the track pack scheduled for Feb 2016 which would coincide with the Daytona 500. Of course that is speculation.

Del Zotto x82x
20-10-2015, 19:50
I think they will release Daytona and Indianapolis at the same time which would mean they'd prolly release it for the Indy 500 before they release it for Daytona.. But your guess is as good as mine