PDA

View Full Version : Return to P Cars

Pbucko
19-10-2015, 07:02
Well last night we had 8 of us online and thought let's give p cars another go. First race we left the room open to try and get s few more racers in, so we set a practice of 15mins, every time anybody joined the suffered major lag, to the point every one crashed of track. We ended that idea and went private lobby. Started it of again one of the lads then had the speed up slow down effect when breaking. He hard reset his Xbox. So we started again on Mojave the second layout on list 17 corners 3.5 Mile track. Race started 2 of us got drive through penalties, OK where is the pits, oh there isn't any, so 2 of us got disqualified. Right then one last race Dtm on Watkins glen. Went to setup ffb would not save settings tried 3 times, not the only one in lobby to suffer this, even though I got settings saved for this car on all tracks. After a night of messing about on p cars the lads have decided it's back to forza again, sad but true. My question to sms is how come after 6 months your game is still littered with bugs, some as basic as it gets, setup saves. Game breaking lag on multiplayer when people join. This game could be the best racer on Xbox by a country mile but at the moment it's got to many faults in it.

BiggNasty187
19-10-2015, 07:36
Be careful about exposing the current state of things, the mods may SMITE you!!!

I feel a sadness when I realize what potential SMS has squandered on XBOX. Bugs of this nature this far into the games life makes me feel like my trust has been violated.

The fierce passion I have for this game displaced all love I had for Forza, now that I have pushed Forza out of my life, I'm left holding my @&%$%# in my hand, as I now have no solid option for a consistent hardcore simracing experience on XBOX ONE.

I can't believe i spent many years in anticipation of this game, only to have my hopes and trust crushed under SMS's foot like an ant on the sidewalk.

The sadness really runs deep SMS!!!

HAZEYNIGHTS
19-10-2015, 09:19
Well i must say that i totally understand the frustrations that you have for this game because it really has the potential to be the best racing game on the xbox but with these game breaking bugs it's going to be dust on a shelf, more space on your hard drive and it saddens me to say that forza is now the game everyone starts first and not because it's a better racer but because it's so much more stable and playable with groups online but also forza has it's problems with bugs and you will find people looking elsewhere for their driving fix so if sms got the finger out and made us aware that these bugs will be fixed sooner rather than when pcars 2 comes out who knows we might get back the best racing sim game I've ever played and be happy. There's no game like this and i hope it gets fixed. Come on sms give us a stable online racer career can do one i want wheel to wheel action from corner to apex with some quality driving friends not avatars or ai. Please please please please please fix this awesome bug ridden game please with sprinkles on top.

inthebagbud
19-10-2015, 09:46
Probably best to wait for patch 5 to drop, some of the posts on PS4 side seem to suggest that online was more stable

Also if you have access to Xbox preview that might be worth a whirl as the screensaver issue and wheel not registering on dashboard seem to have been fixed in yesterdays update. I haven't downloaded yet but will be doing later and all in all the experience is a lot slicker and the sound stutter seems to be a lot less for some users

Pbucko
19-10-2015, 10:25
Cheers for the heads up. On a different note plugged tx wheel back into laptop but this time put it into boot mode and reinstalled v50 software and seems to work better now. Using that link you gave us to steering wheel settings and the 66% settings. I am on preview program but not gone for it yet, did have a little look yesterday but backed out again. If wheel issues Are fixed I will go for it. I do think that p cars should be in a much better shape than it is at the moment after 6 months and 4 patches, how can you get a drive through penalty and there's no where to drive through. Who tests this game before they release things new and old.

nwrlchargerl
19-10-2015, 11:54
I used to have these issues really bad, I unistalled the game, reinstalled it and it ran a lot better. I now have a lot of fun on this game. I know it's time consuming but it's worth a shot so spread the word to your friends that have had the issues you have had

rtazz17
19-10-2015, 14:48
I used to have these issues really bad, I unistalled the game, reinstalled it and it ran a lot better. I now have a lot of fun on this game. I know it's time consuming but it's worth a shot so spread the word to your friends that have had the issues you have had

No ,ive uninstalled the game and reinstalled 5 times,doesnt change anything unless you have some kind of corrupted data... You are getting the placebo effect...

Tottally unfortunate this game has so many problems. It COULDVE been the best racer to date.. They essentially released a beta work in progress and in 5 months still dont have it NEARLY finished.. Unfortunately they lost a strong base of players to forza because the game works to the extent that you dont have to reset this do this cross your fingers and hope...Now another patch was just released on other platforms that from reading on those forums is horrid...

OpticalHercules
19-10-2015, 15:47
The only thing of note I saw in the patch 5 notes was the fix to tire selection when pitting and using auto on your tune, and the couple pit entry/exit boundary/penalty issues.

I can live with most of the bugs that have been mentioned in this thread. I've lived with them thus far, I can continue to deal with them going forward. The big issue for me is this data file corruption. I asked 5 days ago in the other "From Bad to Worse" thread for a response from SMS on this. This issue has existed since Day 1 and has never, ever been acknowledged by SMS. What is the point of investing time into 1/4 of the game's offering (career) if you're going to lose it on some random day for no reason you can identify? It's happened 5 times to me. What is the point of investing so many hours into building that perfect tune for x-car on x-track if that data is going to be wiped away on some random day for an unknown reason, unless you write down the tune by hand or in some sort of data file completely unrelated to SMS or PCars?

Over the last 5+ days I've spent quite a bit of time playing other games that I've neglected since PCars release. I have to admit that the time spent there just playing those games without having any nagging worry in the back of my mind about working around this bug or that defect, without making sure that I shut down the xbox in the proper order every time, without debating myself on doing a hard reset this time I boot the xbox or not has altered my perspective on these issues quite a bit from my stated position a week ago. I'll still work around those other bugs going forward just as I have been for the last 5 months, but the constant worry in the back of my mind about whether what I accomplished in the last x-hours will still be there the next time I turn on the game is really getting to me. I don't think it's any longer something I can easily deal with. The time spent doing other things where I didn't have those worries was just too enjoyable.

I sincerely hope something is done soon about the corruption issue. At the very least, acknowledge that it is a real problem and provide us some progress on how you're dealing with it. Even if it's not fixed for some time to come, acknowledging it as a problem is still a step in the right direction. In 5 months of this problem, we haven't even had that much.

nwrlchargerl
19-10-2015, 16:12
No ,ive uninstalled the game and reinstalled 5 times,doesnt change anything unless you have some kind of corrupted data... You are getting the placebo effect...

Tottally unfortunate this game has so many problems. It COULDVE been the best racer to date.. They essentially released a beta work in progress and in 5 months still dont have it NEARLY finished.. Unfortunately they lost a strong base of players to forza because the game works to the extent that you dont have to reset this do this cross your fingers and hope...Now another patch was just released on other platforms that from reading on those forums is horrid...

So I was just imagining that I was getting hurrendous lag and frame rate issues?

nwrlchargerl
19-10-2015, 16:23
The only thing I am not happy about atm with project cars is the lobbies, getting into lobbies. Or not enough lobbies open. The game is dying in online mode, seen it happen before. You go online and see the same 2-4 lobbies open with the same hostage the same people in the lobby. I for one like meeting new people and racing against different racers.

OpticalHercules
19-10-2015, 18:02
The only thing I am not happy about atm with project cars is the lobbies, getting into lobbies. Or not enough lobbies open. The game is dying in online mode, seen it happen before. You go online and see the same 2-4 lobbies open with the same hostage the same people in the lobby. I for one like meeting new people and racing against different racers.

Nothing SMS can do about that at this point, really. Unless SMS were to somehow create a central multiplayer server and somehow allow cross-platform connections and racing, I don't see the lobby populations growing much from where it is now. The vast majority of online players who bought this game on this console are gone, and likely to never return. I'm not saying multiplayer is dead on Xbox PCars, because there are still private lobbies and leagues that can and do get some great online action going, but the average joe pick-up racers who just play on random lobbies have mostly moved to Forza or some other greener pasture. I wish that weren't true, but I don't see any way for it to not be true.

Perhaps the questions we should be asking are 'how do we bring online players back to PCars'? Obviously fixing the bugs is a requirement of that, but just getting them all fixed and announcing that fact isn't enough to bring back the week 3-6 player population. It's been long enough now that there has to be some other incentive, similar to what Destiny did with their most recent DLC that basically re-released the game from the ground up. What can SMS offer to bring those players back or even to entice new players to buy even with all the negative news around the game? I'm sure there is some answer to that question, but then you have to wonder if that answer is an offer SMS is willing to make. With PCars 2 in the pipeline, I don't see the offer being made, even if there were something big and juicy enough to entice all those players back AND all the bugs fixed that those players left over in the first place.

Best chance is to hope the release and first 60-90 days of Project Cars 2 on this console goes better than it did for PCars 1.

RTA nOsKiLlS
19-10-2015, 18:37
I would really like to see the lag when people join fixed. Sometimes it is extremely hard to get a lap in, during qualifying. This is the cause of lots of frustration people have when trying to play online.

The whole speed up slow down thing, should be gone if you hard reset. I know its not a proper fix, but it sorts it for a while. Enough to get some racing done.

I believe the speeding up and slowing down issue is because the dashboard is using the same core. This game uses more processor cores than older games, and we need to wait untill xbox release the new windows 10 dashboard, with Direct X 12, before we are likely to see this fixed. The blame lies with MS and their crappy DEV kit.

BiggNasty187
19-10-2015, 21:42
The only thing of note I saw in the patch 5 notes was the fix to tire selection when pitting and using auto on your tune, and the couple pit entry/exit boundary/penalty issues.

I can live with most of the bugs that have been mentioned in this thread. I've lived with them thus far, I can continue to deal with them going forward. The big issue for me is this data file corruption. I asked 5 days ago in the other "From Bad to Worse" thread for a response from SMS on this. This issue has existed since Day 1 and has never, ever been acknowledged by SMS. What is the point of investing time into 1/4 of the game's offering (career) if you're going to lose it on some random day for no reason you can identify? It's happened 5 times to me. What is the point of investing so many hours into building that perfect tune for x-car on x-track if that data is going to be wiped away on some random day for an unknown reason, unless you write down the tune by hand or in some sort of data file completely unrelated to SMS or PCars?

Over the last 5+ days I've spent quite a bit of time playing other games that I've neglected since PCars release. I have to admit that the time spent there just playing those games without having any nagging worry in the back of my mind about working around this bug or that defect, without making sure that I shut down the xbox in the proper order every time, without debating myself on doing a hard reset this time I boot the xbox or not has altered my perspective on these issues quite a bit from my stated position a week ago. I'll still work around those other bugs going forward just as I have been for the last 5 months, but the constant worry in the back of my mind about whether what I accomplished in the last x-hours will still be there the next time I turn on the game is really getting to me. I don't think it's any longer something I can easily deal with. The time spent doing other things where I didn't have those worries was just too enjoyable.

I sincerely hope something is done soon about the corruption issue. At the very least, acknowledge that it is a real problem and provide us some progress on how you're dealing with it. Even if it's not fixed for some time to come, acknowledging it as a problem is still a step in the right direction. In 5 months of this problem, we haven't even had that much.

So we're we sold a lie. Shame on you SMS, I honestly want my money back, as the game is broken.

Why have you let it come to this?

I'm a fool for expecting you to answer this as long as you have my $60.00!!! I have NEVER felt so robbed after purchasing a video game like I do now.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again...

SHAME ON YOU IAN, SMS, AND ANYONE ON HERE TRYING TO STIFEL THE VOICE OF TRUTH!!!

SHAME ON YOU ALL!!!! I hope this reverberates in the devs minds, hearts, and souls as they toss and turn at night, knowing how many people they hurt!!!!!

Umer Ahmad
19-10-2015, 21:54
Oh cut the drama.

Yes there's some data bug. No one is happy about it, i'm confident they're investigating it. It seems difficult to solve, does not affect ALL xb1 players universally and a clear reproduction case (to my knowledge) has not been identified

If this is making the game "unplayable" for you then apologies and check back later for a fix.

Robhd
19-10-2015, 22:14
In the very esrly days i had a bit of frame stutterng running the karts but these days my xbox copy runs fine... Even the engineer is chatty these days.. So why would any other xbox users have such a different experience when the hardware running the gam is supposedly universal and identical? Just saying...

Pbucko
19-10-2015, 22:24
It's not ms fault there's lag online, especially when people join a race it's down to sms using p2p hosting "save money make more money" instead of proper dedicated servers. You don't get that lag when you join a game on forza. It's always the same result whatever game your playing when p2p is used. Lag lag lag. I've lost my career save when game first came out, not wasting my time doing that again until sms says it's fixed. Game chat is another big reason why people gave up online that's still not fixed. Audio bug is just annoying but not a game breaker. Then there's all the small bugs which really should all be mended by now "setup saves". As people are saying multiplayer lobbies are near empty now as people have given up on the game, is this having a bearing on the snail pace of bug mends for this game. Then there is the dlc that keeps on coming out and that's got bugs in it. I do believe now that this game will never be bug free. Which brings me on to p cars 2 should you really start work on that when p cars one is still in a beta state.

OpticalHercules
19-10-2015, 22:28
Oh cut the drama.

Yes there's some data bug. No one is happy about it, i'm confident they're investigating it. It seems difficult to solve, does not affect ALL xb1 players universally and a clear reproduction case (to my knowledge) has not been identified

If this is making the game "unplayable" for you then apologies and check back later for a fix.

I hope the 'drama' isn't pointed at me, I definitely don't agree with BigNasty's comment just trying to inflame the situation.

As far as you being confident they are working on it, I am too but would it be so hard for any blue poster to actually say that? That is all I'm asking for. I've given plenty of hours on this forum trying to help people through the various problems related to this 'bug', and I will continue to do so, as I am sure those others who also have helped with these associated problems will continue to do. I continue to have a positive outlook that something will happen fixing this, but without any confirmation or acknowledgement of the problem by the only people who can fix it, it's increasingly difficult to put forward a positive attitude to others when they are at their lowest with this game: when the data file fails.

This issue also isn't included in your linked list of known issues.

inthebagbud
20-10-2015, 06:31
In the very esrly days i had a bit of frame stutterng running the karts but these days my xbox copy runs fine... Even the engineer is chatty these days.. So why would any other xbox users have such a different experience when the hardware running the gam is supposedly universal and identical? Just saying...

This has been debated and discussed at length since the game was released with no satisfactory outcome as to why

RacerPaul65
20-10-2015, 08:18
look people. just play Forza if you want a stable, fully functional experience

treat pCARS as a quirky little thing you do occasionally. that's what I do :cool:

KkDrummer
20-10-2015, 08:42
There is no lag in online races....what you see in practice and qualify is a connection stutter which has been reduced with 4.0, but I remember Ian saying this would not totally eradicated....

Ian Bell
20-10-2015, 10:13
So we're we sold a lie. Shame on you SMS, I honestly want my money back, as the game is broken.

Why have you let it come to this?

I'm a fool for expecting you to answer this as long as you have my $60.00!!! I have NEVER felt so robbed after purchasing a video game like I do now.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again...

SHAME ON YOU IAN, SMS, AND ANYONE ON HERE TRYING TO STIFEL THE VOICE OF TRUTH!!!

SHAME ON YOU ALL!!!! I hope this reverberates in the devs minds, hearts, and souls as they toss and turn at night, knowing how many people they hurt!!!!!

Oh get some perspective you silly person.

Mods, remove his IP.

inthebagbud
20-10-2015, 12:21
Ian

I would have just ignored BiggNasty187 post as it wasn't worth a reply, but are you able to provide some insight as to whether these issues mentioned by pbucko have been reproduced and is there a roadmap for a resolution.

I appreciate they are known about but the lack of further updates is what is really getting people wound up and turning them from the game, especially as we do not know what a patch will fix until it is released

Cheers

It's not ms fault there's lag online, especially when people join a race it's down to sms, You don't get that lag when you join a game on forza. It's always the same result whatever game your playing when p2p is used. Lag lag lag.

I've lost my career save when game first came out, not wasting my time doing that again until sms says it's fixed.

Game chat is another big reason why people gave up online that's still not fixed. Audio bug is just annoying but not a game breaker.

Then there's all the small bugs which really should all be mended by now "setup saves".

As people are saying multiplayer lobbies are near empty now as people have given up on the game, is this having a bearing on the snail pace of bug mends for this game.

Then there is the dlc that keeps on coming out and that's got bugs in it.

RacerPaul65
20-10-2015, 13:18
Oh get some perspective you silly person

Mods, remove his IP
if only for his inability to spell stifle

Umer Ahmad
20-10-2015, 13:32
Ian

I would have just ignored BiggNasty187 post as it wasn't worth a reply, but are you able to provide some insight as to whether these issues mentioned by pbucko have been reproduced and is there a roadmap for a resolution.

I appreciate they are known about but the lack of further updates is what is really getting people wound up and turning them from the game, especially as we do not know what a patch will fix until it is released

Cheers

There's a blue post regarding in-game chat for xb1 (short story: in progress)

Will see if we can get some commentary/guidance on save game file corruption.

Mr Schumacher
20-10-2015, 18:39
I AGREE WITH EVERY SINGLE WORD AND PERIOD!!

Plato99
20-10-2015, 19:45
I AGREE WITH EVERY SINGLE WORD AND PERIOD!!

Never, ever disagree with anyone on their period.....

Birdman
20-10-2015, 22:30
Never, ever disagree with anyone on their period.....
Shhhh, some of the youngsters don't know about this yet... Its best they find out on their own.

OpticalHercules
21-10-2015, 00:30
So much blood and illogical anger being thrown around on these forums...

AdM1
21-10-2015, 00:40
I cant even pull myself away from Forza atm tbh but do want to play again. I'll be a bit rusty now.

inthebagbud
21-10-2015, 04:05
There's a blue post regarding in-game chat for xb1 (short story: in progress)

Will see if we can get some commentary/guidance on save game file corruption.

Umer it would be appreciated

tremblax
21-10-2015, 05:16
I've been a fly on the wall on these forums for quite some time now. As a guy who spent $600 on a console, wheel and game download just to play project cars, I admit my expectations were likely a little too high (though Tudor did a great job of making me feel like this was going to be a flawless title).

Although disappointed at launch, I really wanted this game to work, so I've been patiently waiting for bug fixes and I think I've officially lost hope.

I totally regret buying the game, but to be honest, most of all I feel almost deceived and cheated out of a significant investment. Even still I appreciate that SMS was trying to create a great racing SIM on a slim budget, and that Microsoft is a hard company to work with, I just feel that SMS failed to deliver on their promise

[B]But what really makes me disappointed in SMS most of all is that we have so many people on this forum who support the dev team and have questions that they want answered, yet the only response I see on this thread by the head of the studio (or any others over the past week) has been to ban a guy for complaining

wOoDsTeR16
21-10-2015, 06:39
[B]But what really makes me disappointed in SMS most of all is that we have so many people on this forum who support the dev team and have questions that they want answered, yet the only response I see on this thread by the head of the studio (or any others over the past week) has been to ban a guy for complaining

I have pretty much done the same as you, I didn't get the xbox just for this game but when this game came out I have spent nearly 900 on my racing set up after proper falling in love with this game. I have to admit that after 4.0 the game has got much better for me as in regards to suiting my needs on how I play this game, but as you have said above, the way mods and members of sms and wmd attitudes have changed over the last few months is not on. Sometimes the way people vent there anger i all wrong and they deserve to get booted, but people have the right to be angry and as long as it comes across how you've just worded it then opinions are like A-Holes.... We all have them!.

Take the patch notes, at the start they posted the patch notes once it was submitted but now they won't post them till its live or been passed!, why's that?. My guess is its because they don't want a lot of people moaning because the one fix they want most has not been fixed but still, they should post them so at least we know whats coming. Should it be sent and then sent back then tell us, be honest with us

Pbucko
21-10-2015, 08:17
It's not as though the game hasn't improved over the six months since release it has and everybody would properly agree with that, the main problem to me is that the big bugs the ones that should really have been addressed in the first couple of months have not been addressed.
1 chance of losing career
2 multiplayer lag when join session
3 overall multiplayer stability (I know hard reset sorts most problems out)
4 game chat (not that bad now ms has increased party to 12)
5 setup saves for cars and wheels
6 annoying audio bugs

For racing games to last a long time they must have solid reliable multiplayer. Where people can join and leave puplic Lobby's, people don't want the hassle of workarounds for different situations and people must be able to talk to one another or the racing just ends up in crashes and people leaving that session. This is where this game fails, it's not the game itself the actual cars and handling on wheels is better than anything else on console.
I was happy when I saw Ian had joined the chat but even that turned to disappointment when I read what he had to say. Yes he was over the top of what he had to say but he is a paying customer after all and is fed up. It would have been a lot more positive if he gave the bloke a good humoured ticking off then apologised for the issues. Then followed that up on what is being done to sort these issues and when he thinks these issues will be mended.

KkDrummer
21-10-2015, 09:47
All this talk is based on expectations and each of us should know when it is time to embrace the game for what it is, or just drop it entirely. I am ok with multiplayer the way it is simply because I don't normally talk to others in public chat. I always mute people on Forza6 for example. Online racing is stable enough so I can have fun. I do not enjoy the join session stutter, but can put up with it as I know the race itself will be fine. When I play PCars I always launch it right after my console is powered on and the game performs quiet well. Hopefully the new console update will help with performance and audio issues.

If you've using this forum since the launch of the game, you should know the answer for these questions:

1 chance of losing career. It does not happen to everyone, in fact it seems to happen to a minority of pleople so it is hard to reproduce it and it may stay as is.
2 multiplayer lag when join session. It's been improved in 4.0. It is likely to remain as is.
3 overall multiplayer stability (I know hard reset sorts most problems out). Race should be fine, unless host has a poor internet connection.
4 game chat (not that bad now ms has increased party to 12). SMS is working on it....
5 setup saves for cars and wheels. Don't know much about this one. I play on a pad and I normally race on default setup, but I've noticed that small changes I make in practice and qualify are saved...
6 annoying audio bugs. it should improve with the new fall update, but SMS has to update the game with a new SDK that, AFAIK, is still to be provided by MS.

Now, be honest to yourselves? based on the above, can you enjoy/have fun with PCars? if one or more of these issues is/are so annoying that your experience is spoiled and you cannot have fun at all, maybe you should consider another game AND forum.

Pbucko
21-10-2015, 10:33
I have not mentioned once that I don't enjoy the game, and I've never said that the game is unplayable. I actually think that this is the best racing game on Xbox. I actually play mainly online with a group of friends on either p cars or forza 6 every night for an hour or two. My problem with this game is as I said the time it's taking to fix the annoying bugs. Everybody knows that if you use p2p servers in multiplayer you always have stability issues mainly down to the hosts connection. Most of the annoying bugs would be fixed with dedicated servers. All we want to do is turn our consoles on play project cars with no hassle. Your sitting in pits edit setup ffb setting put settings in save. Check settings they gone back to default, try again fail, this sort of thing should be fixed by now. It's these bugs why people are not playing multiplay, you have only got to look at the amount of people playing online. These are the bugs that sms should have been sorting out at the very start before adding new stuff. Fix the annoying problems you then make the game even more enjoyable to play.
I don't like the way the game industry is going at the moment release games and fix after is completely wrong in my book. If you spend 55 on a game it should work as intended, you should not have to turn Xbox onto save mode, put game on external hard drive and so on. It was very clear at the start that this game wasn't tested as much as it should've been, and the has improved a lot, but some of these basic bugs should have been removed by now. As you say maybe these forums are not the Wright place for me, but I've spent 55 on game 250 on wheel and all the dlc so where else do I go to voice my opinion on when the game I've purchased is going to work as intended without all the workarounds. I am not trying to cause any arguments or inflame other people, all I'm after is some answers to when these faults will be repaired instead of we are working on it.

Pbucko
21-10-2015, 10:39
I also forgot to mention that I have received very good advice on these forums about other things to do with p cars mainly steering wheel settings over the last month, which I'm grateful for.

KkDrummer
21-10-2015, 11:22
I also forgot to mention that I have received very good advice on these forums about other things to do with p cars mainly steering wheel settings over the last month, which I'm grateful for.

it is all cool! I am glad to hear you are having fun with the game. I hijacked it your post cuz your questions are pretty common and I though some folk still need to be better informed.

Plato99
21-10-2015, 11:52
To be fair, to an untrained cynical eye it would appear that the "easier" bugs have been squashed, leaving the "game breakers" that have been there since day one.
However, the sum of the parts of these "easier" bugs has produced a game which is incredible fun and immersive now.
Nothing is perfect, but it's close.

odemode
22-10-2015, 06:36
When Ian Bell posts it excites me!! I can fault this game but on the other hand it gives me so much pleasure that I have to ignore it flaws and just put my faith into SMS. IMO they have produced the most realistic console based racer to date, plus I'm pretty good at it too

PFalcon
22-10-2015, 12:20
When Ian Bell posts it excites me!! I can fault this game but on the other hand it gives me so much pleasure that I have to ignore it flaws and just put my faith into SMS. IMO they have produced the most realistic console based racer to date, plus I'm pretty good at it too

I agree. I don't think there is any argument about Project CARS being the most realistic console based racer to date. I can't think of another console title that comes close. I enjoyed the times when Ian and some of the devs posted regularly on these boards. I also understand why they choose not too these days - with all the hate that was posted at them months ago. Hopefully they will eventually become active members on the message boards again. I think things have settled down now, and most of the haters have moved on to Forza and other titles.

Raven403
22-10-2015, 12:25
I agree. I don't think there is any argument about Project CARS being the most realistic console based racer to date. I can't think of another console title that comes close. I enjoyed the times when Ian and some of the devs posted regularly on these boards. I also understand why they choose not too these days - with all the hate that was posted at them months ago. Hopefully they will eventually become active members on the message boards again. I think things have settled down now, and most of the haters have moved on to Forza and other titles.

Alot of the said "hate' was made much worse by the behavior of the person in question, cant say i miss that, or those exchanges. I like the Dev updates we get these days that are concise and to the point and provide information.

OpticalHercules
22-10-2015, 15:12
1 chance of losing career. It does not happen to everyone, in fact it seems to happen to a minority of pleople so it is hard to reproduce it and it may stay as is.

Now, be honest to yourselves? based on the above, can you enjoy/have fun with PCars? if one or more of these issues is/are so annoying that your experience is spoiled and you cannot have fun at all, maybe you should consider another game AND forum.

I agree with you on most of the points you made in your post, and to answer your last question, yes I can still enjoy PCars as it is now. I think I've made that pretty clear in my posts on the topic, while still allowing for the annoyances that come with dealing with this game at this point in it's life cycle.

As far as the losing career and not happening to everyone, I think that is subjective. For one, it's not just career that's lost. It's every user-specified detail in the game. All career progress, all saved tunes for every car, all in-game achievements (you still keep your lap times on the board though not in the game, and you still keep your Xbox Live achievements.). You essentially lose all record of every interaction with the game from the moment you install it. For two and not happening to everyone, I think it is only a matter of time for EVERYONE before they experience either this issue in it's entirety, or experience some of the related minor issues that are also fixed when you fix this problem, such as: tunes not saving in pit box, Skip to End or time acceleration giving impossible AI times, Session results not saving when exiting back to main menu even when clicking save, etc.

Something is causing this to happen to random people, and whatever that cause may be there is every chance that people as-yet unaffected could easily become the next affected person crying out for help on this forum. Those of us who have been affected already and still continue to play know what we are risking by continuing to play; it's not for our sake that I'm trying to get this resolved. It's that portion of players still playing after all this time who have yet to experience this problem, but may just up and quit completely should this issue hit them at this point. If we lose that portion of the player population for something that should be avoidable (hence this discussion), there will be no playerbase left to speak of. That is my overall concern.

rtazz17
22-10-2015, 15:20
Well Im gonna give this game another shot since another patch just dropped.I will try for a week. I have low expectations but going to give it a go.What bothers me the most now is that so many players have left this game there is hardly any on line lobbies to speak of.Just checked now and theres a whole two with a combines 9 people.I spend all my time on line racing and dont care for career or solo.Such a shame.Well hopefully some more drop by and try out the patch but from what Ive read in notes no major steps to fix main problems.But heres to hope!

KkDrummer
22-10-2015, 15:20
I agree with you on most of the points you made in your post, and to answer your last question, yes I can still enjoy PCars as it is now. I think I've made that pretty clear in my posts on the topic, while still allowing for the annoyances that come with dealing with this game at this point in it's life cycle.

As far as the losing career and not happening to everyone, I think that is subjective. For one, it's not just career that's lost. It's every user-specified detail in the game. All career progress, all saved tunes for every car, all in-game achievements (you still keep your lap times on the board though not in the game, and you still keep your Xbox Live achievements.). You essentially lose all record of every interaction with the game from the moment you install it. For two and not happening to everyone, I think it is only a matter of time for EVERYONE before they experience either this issue in it's entirety, or experience some of the related minor issues that are also fixed when you fix this problem, such as: tunes not saving in pit box, Skip to End or time acceleration giving impossible AI times, Session results not saving when exiting back to main menu even when clicking save, etc.

Something is causing this to happen to random people, and whatever that cause may be there is every chance that people as-yet unaffected could easily become the next affected person crying out for help on this forum. Those of us who have been affected already and still continue to play know what we are risking by continuing to play; it's not for our sake that I'm trying to get this resolved. It's that portion of players still playing after all this time who have yet to experience this problem, but may just up and quit completely should this issue hit them at this point. If we lose that portion of the player population for something that should be avoidable (hence this discussion), there will be no playerbase left to speak of. That is my overall concern.

I do understand it can be very frustrating...but it may be for Devs as well. This issue seems to be pretty difficult to identify and reproduce and when this is the case it is impossible to fix it. SMS has done a great job updating PCars and as far as I can see they will continue to do so, fingers crossed!

inthebagbud
22-10-2015, 16:06
Well Im gonna give this game another shot since another patch just dropped.I will try for a week. I have low expectations but going to give it a go.What bothers me the most now is that so many players have left this game there is hardly any on line lobbies to speak of.Just checked now and theres a whole two with a combines 9 people.I spend all my time on line racing and dont care for career or solo.Such a shame.Well hopefully some more drop by and try out the patch but from what Ive read in notes no major steps to fix main problems.But heres to hope!

You could try the site in my signature, good set of guys who are struggling to find enough runners for Pcars side so are concentrating on Forza, but if we can get enough interest Pcars will open up again - no league just friendly racing and TT challenges. As I don't do Forza need to drum up further support for Pcars to take of again

AdM1
22-10-2015, 22:50
Well I've seen the new patch notes and unfortunately, along with some rumors of a few new bugs I don't think I'll be returning just yet. When will it be working right? :(.

rtazz17
23-10-2015, 00:39
You could try the site in my signature, good set of guys who are struggling to find enough runners for Pcars side so are concentrating on Forza, but if we can get enough interest Pcars will open up again - no league just friendly racing and TT challenges. As I don't do Forza need to drum up further support for Pcars to take of again
Well unfortunately Im in the states,not sure if the times would work?

Anyhow,I did some races on line tonite.Wasnt bad really aside from normal idiots who pass at all costs cuz finishing number 1 is the only position that counts.....That damn sound glitch is still ever so present..I know it has to do with some possible xbox update that may fix it but Jesus it is sooooooo freaking annoying.. The night wouldve been great had it not been for that... It happened quite often...Also chat is still non existant... Kind if hard to tell someone ur on the right passing when theres no way to tell them.... If these two things got fixed I would make this my go to on line game over forza...I dont play single player so the bugs with the single player on project dont affect me...

inthebagbud
23-10-2015, 05:41
Well unfortunately Im in the states,not sure if the times would work?

Anyhow,I did some races on line tonite.Wasnt bad really aside from normal idiots who pass at all costs cuz finishing number 1 is the only position that counts.....That damn sound glitch is still ever so present..I know it has to do with some possible xbox update that may fix it but Jesus it is sooooooo freaking annoying.. The night wouldve been great had it not been for that... It happened quite often...Also chat is still non existant... Kind if hard to tell someone ur on the right passing when theres no way to tell them.... If these two things got fixed I would make this my go to on line game over forza...I dont play single player so the bugs with the single player on project dont affect me...

Not too sure of time difference as the states is so god dam big:o but we are on utc .

A few users of the xbox preview have commented that sound is better so cross your fingers

On the knowing where cars are there is an alternative race engineer for PC http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?38922-Crew-Chief-an-alternative-race-engineer-for-PC-users which COULD arrive on xbox when the companion app is introduced http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?40113-IN-PROGRESS-Companion-app-UDP-streaming

rtazz17
24-10-2015, 00:30
Alright,Im not going to make it through the week I was going to give the game again... That sound bug is just horrendous.. Constantly happening to me.. Make the game completely unenjoyable.. Sounds like crap and then hiccups and gets choppy at same time.. I tried.. Cant do it..........

Haiden
24-10-2015, 16:01

The strange thing is... I've experienced my share of bugs in the game and been forced to do a reinstall, but none of that's ever made me want to give up on it (well...the out of box experience came close, but only because my 1.4 update didn't take, and I was unaware. After installing 1.4, the game has been extremely enjoyable, despite the problems). I hear all these people on console talking about serious experience killing issues that I don't seem to have. I play on both Xb1 and PS4, and the bugs and glitches I encounter are the same on both consoles. The Xb1's sound glitch being the exception. That's why I just don't know what to make of some of the other problems being reported. I thought maybe it was a console hardware issue--different builds--but my Xb1 is a release model, and my PS4 is a new unit from the current lot, so I don't think that's it. The only other thing that comes to mind is the settings.

Right now, visual and driving aids are up there on my list of things that might be causing problems. They must consume resources, and I wonder if they cause other conflicts. Might also be why a good portion (not all) of the glitch complaints come from the less experienced sim drivers. From the start, the assumption has been that their issues are a result of their lack of experience--that they're just doing something wrong. But perhaps it's because the more assists you run in-session, the more unstable the game becomes.

If hardware isn't the issue, then it has to be something in-game causing the variance in glitches and their frequency. My experience on Xb1 and PS4 has been identical, aside from the already known hardware differences. Am I lucky, or is that just because my settings on both consoles are also identical? I'm even using a TX and T300 between the two--basically the same wheel--so even my FFB settings are exactly the same.

As far as people leaving the game goes, I think that's already happened. Most of the console users that are still around--at least those enjoying the game, and not just hanging around the forums to drive nails in the coffin--are here because we love racing and don't see any better experiences available on console. I'd be curious to know how many loyal PCars console users are also fans of real-world racing, and not just "into racing/driving games".

Pbucko
29-10-2015, 09:11
I've had Windows 10 update on Xbox and patch 5, so I thought I'd test the same things out I tested in original post. Merc Dtm on oulton park wheel ffb and car setup was still ok wheel worked ok did 5 laps everything looking good. Went to Watkins glen, ffb settings had returned to default, so changed them press save, check settings gone back to default, same as before. Ok drive out of pits get on track lost all ffb on wheel nothing at all. Leave game start back up same car track same happens again. Went back to oulton park ffb worked again. Errrr what is it with this game why can't it just work as it should. Ok I've deleted the whole game and reinstalled it overnight to see if it makes any difference. I was testing came in multiplayer with a mate who had the Windows update same day and we both got tx wheels the same week both new ones. He's ffb worked on Watkins glen and he could change and save ffb settings. Both got same ext hdd both running of the ext hard drive. Both got setups saved to all tracks.

Pbucko
29-10-2015, 09:44
Will deleting game save data solve some of these issues. I've only done about 4 hours of career.

rtazz17
29-10-2015, 13:57
Will deleting game save data solve some of these issues. I've only done about 4 hours of career.
No,Ive deleted EVERYTHING 4 or 5 times...

AsHeavenIsWide
30-10-2015, 03:40
Haven't played for month's, patches have probably improved it but first impressions do count for a lot.

Waited for that fix on the controller so i could steer. Then the whole issue with setup savings made me put down the game. Maybe that's fixed now. Not going to pick it up off the shelf and invest time into a game where X number of bugs could ruin hours of work or a race. Would rather stick to Forza.

If Project 2 ever gets going and released on console don't expect too many preorders, people are going to wait until after release for sure

SUBGTRACER
30-10-2015, 04:15
Haven't played for month's, patches have probably improved it but first impressions do count for a lot.

Waited for that fix on the controller so i could steer. Then the whole issue with setup savings made me put down the game. Maybe that's fixed now. Not going to pick it up off the shelf and invest time into a game where X number of bugs could ruin hours of work or a race. Would rather stick to Forza.

If Project 2 ever gets going and released on console don't expect too many preorders, people are going to wait until after release for sure

good point about the pre - orders !

inthebagbud
30-10-2015, 06:38

You have nothing to lose by reinstalling and some people have said it works for them. Although xbox is a closed architecture just like anything that is omputerised corruption can occur for no real reason.

At least if you reinstall you have tried

AdM1
31-10-2015, 00:51
good point about the pre - orders !

Even the total overall sales will take a hit imo.

Iantugmaster
16-12-2015, 04:26
Please fix this, this is all we want!!!!

gotdirt410sprintcar
16-12-2015, 07:04
Even the total overall sales will take a hit imo.
Yeah but the next great game everyone will complain about that too they did it with gt6. If you been playing games for awhile you no this happens with all most everyone something don't make someone happy. and we still buy the game or pre order when we say we wont.

I haven't really had any problems saving settingS if I test and change stuff I always save after in garage to make sure and I noticed a lot of people getting corrupted data you know when that little arrow is blinking don't shut the game down that will always screw the data up JS. xbox guys sorry for all your trouble but you should off bought a pc or ps4. again JUST SAYING LOL. not being rued by the way