PDA

View Full Version : Audi v10 resetting into Neutral gear (bug)

konnos
19-10-2015, 22:38
I rarely drive this Audi road car, but yesterday and today I was attempting California and Azure Coast with it. And as soon as I landed the car from a small jump or actually hit some sidewall a bit too badly, the car immediately stopped and went into Neutral gear. It made that screetching sound when the body is scraping the tarmac and the springs don't have any more distance to travel. I thought it was just some random error on the road surface but it didn't do that with other cars i tried, like m3, Z4, 12c, ruf road, FRookie and a few others. I even validated my cache in steam in case something was corrupted but that still persists with the Audi.

And since I've written all this, since the patch at least, I noticed that inside tunnels, the sound is weird, like there is too much reverb or something (in California you can hear it since the tunnel is long enough to notice) and also there is wrong reflection in the dial instrument glass from the tunnel itself.

Has anyone else noticed these things, so we can report them?

konnos
20-10-2015, 15:45
So has anyone tried the Audi V10 and encountered that bug I have described?

Schnizz58
20-10-2015, 16:44
I haven't encountered the shifting into neutral issue myself but I've seen other threads about it. So it's not your imagination; it's definitely a real problem and it seems to only affect that Audi.

Regarding the sound, in tunnels or when running alongside a car of the same model I often hear a phase shifting effect. It's similar to the effect you'd get from a flanger (in audio processing).

konnos
20-10-2015, 17:41
Yes but the effect is off, it used to be better synced. Now it seems there is too much delay between the sounds.

Ok thanks for the information. The Audi bug is definitelly reproductible, no question about it and since it's a known bug, I ll leave it for now.

konnos
01-06-2016, 09:47
Necroing an old thread of mine, but sadly after so much time, the Audi v10 road car still has that bug. I cannot explain it otherwise, it seems to clip into the tarmac and goes to an instant standstill and shifts to neutral when it bottoms out hard, e.g. landing from being airborne in Nords or in Cali are some good place to see this. Is it really such a hard thing to fix? What is actually causing this?

Bealdor
01-06-2016, 09:59
IIRC it's some kind of physics reset which is a result of the car's soft suspension combined with limited suspension travel capabilities.
In layman terms, when the suspension gets compressed too much some values in the suspension calculation go negative and essentially crash that calculator.

There's no easy fix for this unfortunately but you can work around it by making the suspension stiffer.

konnos
01-06-2016, 10:01
Well ok thanks. I always drive default, but I ll give it a try, it's better than crashing ;P

NemethR
01-06-2016, 10:16
IIRC it's some kind of physics reset which is a result of the car's soft suspension combined with limited suspension travel capabilities.
In layman terms, when the suspension gets compressed too much some values in the suspension calculation go negative and essentially crash that calculator.

There's no easy fix for this unfortunately but you can work around it by making the suspension stiffer.

Well, that did not work out for me, on the Nordschleife at the bottom of Fuchsröhre the car still spins out, as well as sometimes at the 2 jumps, and at Paddock hill in Brands hatch, and at Azure Coast, and California Highway jumps.
Not to mention hitting the Snetterton curb.

Bealdor
01-06-2016, 10:26
Are you just spinning out or are experiencing that physics reset bug too?

NemethR
01-06-2016, 10:32
Are you just spinning out or are experiencing that physics reset bug too?

At the jumps mostly also the bug, at the Fuchsröhre only spinning out.
At Brands hatch the bug+spin mostly, sometimes only spin.
At Snetterton while hitting the curb, the bug only.

NemethR
01-06-2016, 16:25
Just wanted to add, that the weird Spin thing also happens with the SLS AMG (Road car) on the Nordschleife.

No other car produces this issue, only the Audi R8 V10 and the Mercedes SLS AMG.

The car bottoms aout and starts spinning.

konnos
01-06-2016, 18:35
The spin is the "light" effect, the harsher one is the bottoming out, standstill, Neutral gear. I have't tested the SLS for that matter, i m gonna tonight ;)