PDA

View Full Version : Pit Stop crew????

r3d d3vil
19-10-2015, 22:42
Where is the damn crew we see in the intro of Project cars?? Where are they??? Are they ghosts of something?!?!?! I love the game and I having fun like never before with a Racing game but seriously... Even old gran turismo titles had the crew changing you wheels and filling the fueltank... WHERE IS OUR PIT CREW???

STEELJOCKEY
19-10-2015, 22:46
As far as I know they are still coming. There have been more pressing matters that have needed priority attention to make things run smoothly before this. I'm eager for it too, but am happy bug patches are given priority

SUBGTRACER
19-10-2015, 22:48
My pit crew are in the naughty room because they drop my nuts all the time and fill the fuel to the wrong amount regardless of what I want "twats " .....

I am currently recruiting a new pit crew if you know where I can find a good one.

In all seriousness they are being worked on , that's all we really know.

STEELJOCKEY
19-10-2015, 22:50
See Mr Belowski and his new crew chief, on PC and hopefully coming to a console near you soon!

SUBGTRACER
19-10-2015, 22:52
http://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/spotter-mr-belowski-1-0-for-the-app-spotter-1-2-1.7556/

That is very very cool !

Schnizz58
19-10-2015, 22:58
I don't see how one could possibly have any fun at all with this game without a pit crew.

SUBGTRACER
19-10-2015, 23:00
I'm hoping for more than just the pit crew added when they do decide to forward this to us , I do hope they add some more graphical life , pazaz that comes with racing and race tracks ...... E.g I would dearly love to officails waving the flags and the flag rules working would be great , I would like to see a little bit of life around the track ......
Obviously after the bugs are fixed

Would be nice for a future patch to concentrate on some polish and graphical add on's - updates.

Obviously after the bugs are fixed

diesel97
19-10-2015, 23:02
As far as I know they are still coming. There have been more pressing matters that have needed priority attention to make things run smoothly before this. I'm eager for it too, but am happy bug patches are given priority

They should be different teams working on these things (according to the mods and devs) so im not sure why they are taking so long

Schnizz58
19-10-2015, 23:05
I'm hoping for more than just the pit crew added when they do decide to forward this to us , I do hope they add some more graphical life , pazaz that comes with racing and race tracks ......
Agreed. In fact I'd rather have that than a pit crew and free up the devs and artists for fixing bugs and creating more actual content like cars and tracks.

Roger Prynne
20-10-2015, 12:39
I don't see how one could possibly have any fun at all with this game without a pit crew.

Are you serious?
So not having a pit crew ruins your game for you?

Bealdor
20-10-2015, 12:43
Your sarcasm detector is broken Roger. ;)

Roger Prynne
20-10-2015, 12:49
Yeah perhaps it is :apologetic:

mkstatto
20-10-2015, 13:01
I'd much rather have manual control in the pitlane (or an option to) instead of an animated pit crew.

SUBGTRACER
20-10-2015, 13:12
Yeah perhaps it is :apologetic:
Yes I think it is roger :)

NavyFlipper HUN
21-10-2015, 13:47
Oooooh my God!...

pCRAS really dont work without pitcrew??? oohhh...noooo :D :D

I still dont understand why would be need pitcrew into a simgame! Sorry its my bad

My hobby is RC Short Course Truck racing...I should to get some crew to the pit when I go to some race...because thats cool :D

Akra
21-10-2015, 15:51
I'd much rather have manual control in the pitlane (or an option to) instead of an animated pit crew.

You'd need to make the AI obey pitting rules first. Currently they full throttle all the way to the pit limiter line, then slam on the brakes, defy the laws of physics and get away with it. So whilst I'm sure we could all handle our cars in the pit lane, this issue appears to be more AI based, since they currently break the rules on every single pit stop.

It'll also be a reason why the AI collision gets turned off in pit stops. Because they just drive right through your car.

PTG Baby Cow
21-10-2015, 19:00
While a pit crew would be cool I am guessing it is difficult to undertake due to the differences in pits. For instance if they add oval and more stock cars the pits should reflect only having 7 people and you would also not allow the crew to be standing on track waiting for the car. Whereas, f1 allows 14+ people in the box, standing on track over the pit wall, waiting on the car to pull in. Also, being as how fa is based on f1, you may as well remove the option to fuel during pit stops. This may piss people off as it essentially makes it so you cant do an endurance race in f1 cars even if you wanted to. Indy car only allows 6 people over the pit wall at one time while f1 allows 21+ people over the pit wall. DTM allows 12-15(?). Formula E (not currently in game has 2 people, and there is not a traditional pitstop, literally the driver gets out of the car and into another car, and 2 people help him get his seatbelt fastened and hook up the steering wheel. LMP/gte has 2 people assisting the driver swap (not possible in pcars) and 2 mechanics. Do you realize how much work it would be to have a different pit crew for every single car? I think pit crew is a neat idea, but quite a daunting task to add into the game due the huge differences. Also, if they are going to implement that, pit times should be much closer to realistic length. In formula a (with no fueling) i would want to see pitstops closer to the 3 second range than the 8-12 seconds it takes now including fueling (which isn't allowed).

I know many have suggested just make pit crews ghost and to have them standing at the pit box ready but as you can see this also would not be simulation either which people will then complain about.... cant win really.

Roger Prynne
21-10-2015, 20:32
The Pit Crew won't be quite as complicated as you mention above, but it will still be a lot of work to sort out all the classes, different wheel spacing/types etc, fuel fillers in different positions, maybe a guy wiping the windshield and so forth.

PTG Baby Cow
21-10-2015, 22:31
Just another thing for people to complain about....

My fa car takes too long in the pits
My lmp car has not enough people in the pits.
Etc etc.

SUBGTRACER
21-10-2015, 22:42
Just another thing for people to complain about....

My fa car takes too long in the pits
My lmp car has not enough people in the pits.
Etc etc.

Um so you are saying don't add anything to the game because people will complain ............. I'm glad you are not in the development team :)

Sproket
21-10-2015, 23:03
I couldn't give a stuff about the lack of crew. This game needs less style and more substance.
Shame we can't have patch 1.0 back. Coz it was better than where we are now.

PTG Baby Cow
21-10-2015, 23:53
No but this is another thing that can really wait. I'd rather have the artists and coders working on getting additional cars into the game. Or some of those coders working on that working more on debugging etc. I am just saying by doing this they are just giving people more things to complain about rather than less. Sure if the game worked 100% of the times I'd love to see a pit crew added, and then maybe an update at a later date to increase the accuracy based on the car class but right now I'd rather it work properly and have additional content other than a real pit crew.

I'm not trying to turn this into a gripe about the game currently I love the game just wish certain things worked better before they add things that only add a minor amount of visual pleasure.

SUBGTRACER
21-10-2015, 23:55
No but this is another thing that can really wait. I'd rather have the artists and coders working on getting additional cars into the game. Or some of those coders working on that working more on debugging etc. I am just saying by doing this they are just giving people more things to complain about rather than less. Sure if the game worked 100% of the times I'd love to see a pit crew added, and then maybe an update at a later date to increase the accuracy based on the car class but right now I'd rather it work properly and have additional content other than a real pit crew.

I'm not trying to turn this into a gripe about the game currently I love the game just wish certain things worked better before they add things that only add a minor amount of visual pleasure.

Yeah I do think we all wish the over all game was better than it is at this current point in time :(

Plato99
22-10-2015, 15:04
I couldn't give a stuff about the lack of crew. This game needs less style and more substance.
Shame we can't have patch 1.0 back. Coz it was better than where we are now.

Really? Really? Are you sure about that?!!