PDA

View Full Version : Is this a Known online bug?

BigAlex
20-10-2015, 09:26
Yesterday I was playing online. Entered a lobby that had a 30 min qualify section. Did my laptime and got the 6th place on the starting grid.

As soon as the race started I was able to reach 4th place. However I found it a little strange that I was able to open a good advantage over the rest of the drivers. I completed the race and watched the replay.

Take a look at the video below. It seems most of the cars got stuck in the starting grid and only a couple of them started the race. After completing the first lap all of the other cars remained in the starting grid I could "pass through them". Weird!

Thanks in advance.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vstgHsibeno

Neil Bateman
20-10-2015, 09:32
Ive seen this but it was a race filled with AI and only 5 humans, the static cars were all the AI, apparently it only happened on my pc so not sure what was causing it.

madmax2069
20-10-2015, 09:38
I think they had that issue fixed I do believe in one of the previous patches. Its when the host has AI enabled and he disconnects or leaves the lobby the AI leave with him but the cars stay on the track, the cars get lined up on the starting grid, the AI doesn't pick back up with the new host of the lobby so they just stay at the starting grid once the race starts.

tomtparis
20-10-2015, 09:47
this is not about "the Host leaving" the Server,
this is a serious Bug on all Plattforms.
Its a nightmare,specialy for league races.
We cant live-stream our League-Races because of this bug.
Fix this,please....as soon as possible.

BigAlex
20-10-2015, 09:52
Just to add that my version now is 5.0

madmax2069
20-10-2015, 09:57

All those cars that are stuck on the starting grid are AI drivers, when the orignal host of that lobby leaves for any reason it will kill the AI and leave the cars in the game, and when the new host takes over the host the AI doesn't reactivate so theres a slew of dead cars sitting all over the place (all over the track during practice/qualifying, or stuck on the starting grid when the actual race starts).

You might be talking about another issue.

And yes I was correct, that issue was fixed in 4.0 http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?39388-Project-CARS-PC-Patch-4-0-Release-Notes but in 5.0 the AI are back to doing the same thing when the host leaves.

tomtparis
20-10-2015, 10:03
You might be talking about another issue.

ok,maybe.
in our Races no AI is on the Track.
If someone (not only the Host) leave the Race (by logoff or other problems) the whole Replay is crap.
it mixup the cars,wrong liverys and "parking cars" on the Track.

madmax2069
20-10-2015, 10:09
ok,maybe.
in our Races no AI is on the Track.
If someone (not only the Host) leave the Race (by logoff or other problems) the whole Replay is crap.
it mixup the cars,wrong liverys and "parking cars" on the Track.

That is a issue with the replay itself, and that issue has been a issue since the game launched, they know about that issue. The issue here is something else entirely, it was fixed once but reappeared in 5.0

tomtparis
20-10-2015, 10:12
That is a issue with the replay itself, and that issue has been a issue since the game launched, they know about that issue. The issue here is something else entirely, it was fixed once but reappeared in 5.0

ok,sorry.
Yes,its a problem since game-launch....one more reason to fix it soon.

Neil Bateman
20-10-2015, 10:37
That does make sense as the host is using AI from his game and i assume its his AI cars you are seeing and not AI from your game.

So a request for any hosts out there, if you fill server with AI for gods sake dont leave until after the race has finished.:)

QPRLad
20-10-2015, 11:29

So its and issue, not so much of serious issue. You can still race in the game, you just get a dodgy stream/replay?

I would rather SMS fix the more important bugs first, otherwise you might not complete some races you're streaming.

RomKnight
20-10-2015, 11:33
Tell that to all that make online leagues...

BigAlex
20-10-2015, 12:14
I'm not sure there were AI's in this race.

Anyway, some time ago during an online race I've encountered another problem. I reported it here but no one could answer.

I was at the starting grid and all of a sudden all cars started the race without the green light. At first I tried to follow them and received a drive-through penalty.

later this day the same thing happened again. This time I waited for the green light and started the race with almost a lap behind... Weid... If that happens again I will record it and present here.

RomKnight
23-10-2015, 11:45
Where I race there are no AI cars and replays are still a huge mess. No one had a decent replay to try and make a video from wednesday race let alone analyze incidents.

Paulzx
23-10-2015, 12:08
Wow...every day I look on this forum there's a new issue (probably an old issue actually), is it any wonder so many have abandoned Project Cars?

Like most of you, I'm desperate for a fully functioning game, at least something without game breaking bugs. This far down the line after release, it is a bit poor really.

I was hoping this would be the 'go to' game for car racing on PS4, but I strongly suspect Polyphony Digital are keeping a close eye on this and rubbing their hands.

I really hope for the sake of everyone who is putting time in to this game, that they mop up these big issues very quickly.

lancashirelad
24-10-2015, 11:33
It's not just ai that get left on the starting line, we have had this happen in online races with human control after latest 5.0 patch. As far as I'm aware it's always been a bug in the game.

DragonSyr
24-10-2015, 11:53
I'm not sure there were AI's in this race.

Anyway, some time ago during an online race I've encountered another problem. I reported it here but no one could answer.

I was at the starting grid and all of a sudden all cars started the race without the green light. At first I tried to follow them and received a drive-through penalty.

later this day the same thing happened again. This time I waited for the green light and started the race with almost a lap behind... Weid... If that happens again I will record it and present here.

this is lag i think.
happened twice to me