PDA

View Full Version : Steering lock on the T300

Apoov
21-10-2015, 06:16
I have tried to get an answer everywhere so I'll try here once more.
What should the "soft steering lock" feel like on the T300?
My problem is that when I go past the per car steering lock the wheel looses resistance. Shouldn't this be the opposite?
My wheel is set to 900 degrees.

Please help!

Sir Digby Chicken Caesar
21-10-2015, 06:51
When I hit max steering for a car, it's blocked. Feels like a real car at steering lock. I may be able to push past it but I don't want to break the wheel. I tend to use lower steering ratios than default. Maybe you aren't hitting max steering before 900 degrees?

Apoov
21-10-2015, 07:39
When I hit max steering for a car, it's blocked. Feels like a real car at steering lock. I may be able to push past it but I don't want to break the wheel. I tend to use lower steering ratios than default. Maybe you aren't hitting max steering before 900 degrees?

When driving the Formula A, shouldn't the "soft" steering lock come into play? So I should feel something well before the 900? So the question is still: what should that feel like?

Sir Digby Chicken Caesar
21-10-2015, 07:44
When driving the Formula A, shouldn't the "soft" steering lock come into play? So I should feel something well before the 900? So the question is still: what should that feel like?
I would think something like 420 degrees with a ratio of 10.5:1. Like I said for me it's blocked, maybe like there's a thick rubber rod blocking the spokes of the wheel. The feel is a little loose right up against that (just a degree or two), but it doesn't strike me as weird.

Apoov
21-10-2015, 07:56
I would think something like 420 degrees with a ratio of 10.5:1. Like I said for me it's blocked, maybe like there's a thick rubber rod blocking the spokes of the wheel. The feel is a little loose right up against that (just a degree or two), but it doesn't strike me as weird.

So something really weird is going on with my wheel since when I turn it past the soft lock I can do it without any force. And turning past the soft lock makes my wheel more limp like there's less resistance. Any advice?

Sir Digby Chicken Caesar
21-10-2015, 08:03
So something really weird is going on with my wheel since when I turn it past the soft lock I can do it without any force. And turning past the soft lock makes my wheel more limp like there's less resistance. Any advice?
I haven't experienced anything like that. If I did, I would try things like resetting wheel settings, calibrating, changing steering ratio, trying different cars, and different games if possible.

JoeDogs
21-10-2015, 08:08
Tips: Project CARS-PS4 (CALIBRATE WHEEL)
On the PS4™ version of the game, you can calibrate your wheel in the game’s options in order to improve the gameplay (and match same ratio as the cockpit view).
1) Go to OPTIONS / CONTROLS tab.
2) Press the SQUARE button on your wheel to launch the calibration.
3) Follow the instructions. Steering Lock:
- T300: put your wheel in the 900° position.
- T500: put your wheel in the 1080° position.
- T100: put your wheel in the 240° position.
- T80: put your wheel in the 240° position.
4) Press the X button on your wheel to save your calibration.
Once the process is completed, the Steering Lock will be automatically adjusted to your cars.
YOU ARE READY TO PLAY220594

JoeDogs
21-10-2015, 08:10

JoeDogs
21-10-2015, 08:13
Moderator feel free to edit my post

Apoov
24-10-2015, 11:33
Still no success!
I've tried to get the steering lock to work with different cars...
Last time I tried was the bmw z4, formula A and the 125 cart.
While standing still, I can feel a slight resistance when the car's steering wheel stops turning. (Not much)
While driving I still dont feel any resistance before the 900 degrees.
I've gotten the menu spring back and the wheel does not go limp anymore after the car's steering lock.
I'm beginning to wonder if there's some parameter I can adjust to get it working?

So frustrating that my wheel turns past the car's wheel!

Apoov
24-10-2015, 16:11
So I'm alone with this? Anyone? Devs? Please!

Gravit8
24-10-2015, 23:44
To change the soft lock.
Hold left on the D-pad and hit the mode button next to the red LED.
1 blink = 270
2 blink = 360
3= 540
4= 900 default
Right on d pad will turn it up to
5= 1080

These change where the soft lock stops. You should not be able to turn past the soft lock unless you don't have your wheel calibrated properly to car you are driving.
Can use 270 or 360 and it will calibrate to a 900 degree car by itself if you set it up right. (Calibration)
Hope it helps.

Apoov
25-10-2015, 07:05
To change the soft lock.
Hold left on the D-pad and hit the mode button next to the red LED.
1 blink = 270
2 blink = 360
3= 540
4= 900 default
Right on d pad will turn it up to
5= 1080

These change where the soft lock stops. You should not be able to turn past the soft lock unless you don't have your wheel calibrated properly to car you are driving.
Can use 270 or 360 and it will calibrate to a 900 degree car by itself if you set it up right. (Calibration)
Hope it helps.

I know that I can change my wheel's settings using the d-pad. The question I've been asking for is:
Does the soft lock change automatically per car in Project Cars so that I can feel the wheel stopping at different degrees in different cars?
Changing the wheels settings with the d-pad is not an option, since all it does if you've calibrated the wheel with 900 degrees, is that the wheel is out of sync with the car's wheel.

Gravit8
25-10-2015, 07:15
Yes it does a ratio calculation if your not matched up. But the soft lock won't stop you if its mismatched.
That why I always calibrate if I can and match them up.

The soft lock is gonna stay where ever you set it. Regardless of car choice and its own setup.
So no it's not automatic.only the steering ratio calculation when not matched is automatic. Not the lock.

I understand if you want to be authentic. You switch to what you think is the cars real degrees naybe?
But switching modes in game is fine. You'll get the lock you need. And once you max out steering. It's calibrated anew. So get it done in first corner going full lock if no practice.
Hope it helps

Liquid7394
25-10-2015, 12:41
I know that I can change my wheel's settings using the d-pad. The question I've been asking for is:
Does the soft lock change automatically per car in Project Cars so that I can feel the wheel stopping at different degrees in different cars?
Changing the wheels settings with the d-pad is not an option, since all it does if you've calibrated the wheel with 900 degrees, is that the wheel is out of sync with the car's wheel.
Steering lock does adjust automatically, so if a car only has 540° of rotation then your wheel should automatically adjust itself to 540° of rotation while you're driving that car.

Are you 100% sure the wheel is calibrated properly?
Is your wheel in PS4 mode?

Apoov
25-10-2015, 13:17
Steering lock does adjust automatically, so if a car only has 540° of rotation then your wheel should automatically adjust itself to 540° of rotation while you're driving that car.

Are you 100% sure the wheel is calibrated properly?
Is your wheel in PS4 mode?

I have calibrated my wheel mutiple times like this:
- wheel set to 900 degrees ps4 mode on
- calibration step1: turn the wheel 450 degrees to the left 'till I feel the soft lock
- calibration step2: turn the wheel 90 degrees 'till it reads 900

The wheel works otherwise perfectly in every car and is in sync with the cars' steering wheel.
The only thing that is missing is the soft lock, which I can feel at the 900 degrees point with every car. So when the cars wheel stops turning, I can still turn the physical wheel past the cars' steering lock. Ofcourse the cars' wheels won't turn anymore and that is really annoying, since I don't feel the cars' steering lock.
I've updated the firmware so it can't be that. I've also reseted the global ffb settings multiple times. I'm also using Jack Spade's car ffb settings. So I got no more ideas...

UPDATE:
Recalibrated everything once more. I left the global ffb settings to default and tried the Formula A. When standing still, there is no soft lock before the 900 degrees. While driving the car I can feel the car's soft lock but it's nowhere near the stiffness compared to the wheel's native 900 soft lock.

Gravit8
25-10-2015, 20:33
I have calibrated my wheel mutiple times like this:
- wheel set to 900 degrees ps4 mode on
- calibration step1: turn the wheel 450 degrees to the left 'till I feel the soft lock
- calibration step2: turn the wheel 90 degrees 'till it reads 900

The wheel works otherwise perfectly in every car and is in sync with the cars' steering wheel.
The only thing that is missing is the soft lock, which I can feel at the 900 degrees point with every car. So when the cars wheel stops turning, I can still turn the physical wheel past the cars' steering lock. Ofcourse the cars' wheels won't turn anymore and that is really annoying, since I don't feel the cars' steering lock.
I've updated the firmware so it can't be that. I've also reseted the global ffb settings multiple times. I'm also using Jack Spade's car ffb settings. So I got no more ideas...

UPDATE:
Recalibrated everything once more. I left the global ffb settings to default and tried the Formula A. When standing still, there is no soft lock before the 900 degrees. While driving the car I can feel the car's soft lock but it's nowhere near the stiffness compared to the wheel's native 900 soft lock.

Yeah. Was trying to tell you the soft lock only functions at the value set it at. Regardless.
Good luck. Don't think it's going to match the animations either unless they are the same steering values either.

Liquid7394
25-10-2015, 23:06
It's sounds like you've set everything up correctly so I'm not sure why your having issues. It could be a bug with the game.

You could try re-installing the game, although that's never fixed anything for me. You could try contacting Thrustmaster to see if they can help. Other than that I'm out of ideas. It would be nice if a dev could explain if this a bug or something.

Apoov
26-10-2015, 05:53
No I'm even more confused!
Thanks to everyone trying to help, but you are all giving different answers... I'm beginning to wonder if we are talking about the same thing here.

To get to the bottom of this, could someone please try this out:
1. Configure your wheel to 900 degrees.
2. Reset your global FFB settings to default.
3. Go to practice and select the Formula A.
4. Use the cockpit view.
5. Stop the car to a standstill.
6. Turn your wheel to it's extreme (left or right)

Does your wheel turn well past the steering wheel on the screen. (all the way to 450 degrees)?
Do you feel any additional resistance after the steering wheel on the screen stops turning? If so, is it as stiff as the native 900 degrees soft lock?
Do you feel any additional resistance while driving when doing the same? If so, is it as stiff as the native 900 degrees soft lock?

Thank you in advance!!!

absoluturq
26-10-2015, 14:04
Tips: Project CARS-PS4 (CALIBRATE WHEEL)
On the PS4™ version of the game, you can calibrate your wheel in the game’s options in order to improve the gameplay (and match same ratio as the cockpit view).
1) Go to OPTIONS / CONTROLS tab.
2) Press the SQUARE button on your wheel to launch the calibration.
3) Follow the instructions. Steering Lock:
- T300: put your wheel in the 900° position.
- T500: put your wheel in the 1080° position.
- T100: put your wheel in the 240° position.
- T80: put your wheel in the 240° position.
4) Press the X button on your wheel to save your calibration.
Once the process is completed, the Steering Lock will be automatically adjusted to your cars.
YOU ARE READY TO PLAY220594

Jesus man, this helped me so much!
Thanks!!

JoeDogs
26-10-2015, 16:42

Apoov
27-10-2015, 05:24
C'mon guys!
Someone test this out PLEASE so I can start whining here and either settle with the fact that this feature is not as is should be or my wheel is messed up!

Apoov
28-10-2015, 07:03
Please someone do this easy test for me so I can determine if my wheel is acting weird or not!

Someone please try this out:
1. Configure your wheel to 900 degrees.
2. Reset your global FFB settings to default.
3. Go to practice and select the Formula A.
4. Use the cockpit view.
5. Stop the car to a standstill.
6. Turn your wheel to it's extreme (left or right)

Does your wheel turn well past the steering wheel on the screen. (all the way to 450 degrees)?
Do you feel any additional resistance after the steering wheel on the screen stops turning? If so, is it as stiff as the native 900 degrees soft lock?
Do you feel any additional resistance while driving when doing the same? If so, is it as stiff as the native 900 degrees soft lock?

Thank you in advance!!!

Apoov
07-12-2015, 17:45
Bump

Apoov
08-12-2015, 05:47
Can anyone confirm there is a steering soft lock per car that is adjusted by the game automatically on PS4???
Mods? Devs? Anyone????
I have confirmation that on DFGT wheel on a PC the soft lock exists.
I'm using the T300 on PS4, so is there or isn't there such a thing or is it a bug or a feature deliberately left out??? if so why?
This has been a huge annoyance for me since I bought a wheel!!!
HELP!