PDA

View Full Version : Triple-monitor Issues?

BobbyDazzler
21-10-2015, 09:27
I've had quite a few glitches from the start and the patches/updates don't seem to have addressed any of them - my friends on the other hand have noticed improvements, so maybe it's due to triple-monitor as that's the only thing I can think of that's relatively unique about my set up:-

1) Every time I boot the game up, it freezes straight away on the first loading screen. If I then click CTRL-ALT-DEL and Cancel and go back into the game, this wakes the game up.

2) In general, I often get game freeze on menus. Sometimes, the menu item/button dosen't change colour when I hover it and at this point if I click it freezes. Again the CTRL-ALT-DEL and return trick gets it going again.

3) Online only - sometimes I come out of pits in practise and the FFB on wheel (T300RS) yanks it permanently to the right. If I park up, unplug and plug back in again, it's always fine. Once this has happened, it seems to repeat every time we go into a new session. This means I have to hover over the USB ready for the wheel to yank itself and quickly reset, but I usually get off the line a second after everyone else.

4) This one should resolve with auto-clutch disabled - it sometimes starts me in an indicated 4th gear. I think it's actually neutral as last time it happened, I downshifted and went into reverse and got drive-thru penalty.

5) This is just a game glitch, but after it has rained and track dries and inters are starting to get too hot, you come in and it puts inters back on again.

That is all - exquisite game, Formula B is a hoot, but quite frustrating for me.

Wheel: T300RS
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4790 @3.6GHz
Op Sys: Win 7 64-bit
GPU: GeForce GTX 970
Mem: 16GB

TrevorAustin
21-10-2015, 10:34
Can't see a single thing there that could be tied to triples, especially as the game doesn't even directly support triples, just whatever resolution you've chosen.

BobbyDazzler
21-10-2015, 11:30
I agree - it's just the only thing I can think of that's obviously different between myself & friends. Also, I'm assuming you don't get these issues.

TrevorAustin
21-10-2015, 12:06
I agree - it's just the only thing I can think of that's obviously different between myself & friends. Also, I'm assuming you don't get these issues.

quite often get a crash first launch but none of the others i'm afraid

RomKnight
21-10-2015, 12:07
None of the above with 3 screens.

Did you try to "verify integrity cache" option inside steam - pcars properties?

Mahjik
21-10-2015, 13:00
Do you have the Nvidia 3D Vision drivers installed?

TrevorAustin
21-10-2015, 13:02

I do, is there a known issue with them, I don't/won't use them so they are of no benefit to me at all.

Voo78
21-10-2015, 13:26
Guys - I am also having the same freeze issues on start up and also run this on triples.

I've also got an issue where the colour seems to disappear from one or 2 of the screens for a few seconds and then reappears a moment or 2 later - it's quite distracting when racing and nothing I have tweaked in the settings seems to have resolved this.

Any ideas in what is causing the colour loss and freezing?

BobbyDazzler
21-10-2015, 14:07

Geforce Game Ready Driver

Mahjik
21-10-2015, 15:54
Geforce Game Ready Driver

Look in the NVidia Control Panel and see if 3D Vision is enabled. If so, disable it.

RaceNut
21-10-2015, 16:43
I always install graphics drivers clean leaving out the 3D and other extras from Nvidia. I just have less issues that way, especially with Pcars.

BobbyDazzler
21-10-2015, 22:17
Look in the NVidia Control Panel and see if 3D Vision is enabled. If so, disable it.

Thanks for tip, but not enabled.

BobbyDazzler
21-10-2015, 22:18
None of the above with 3 screens.

Did you try to "verify integrity cache" option inside steam - pcars properties?

Have now - no errors, no changes. Thanks for tip :)

mattcwell
22-10-2015, 07:02
Guys - I am also having the same freeze issues on start up and also run this on triples.

I've also got an issue where the colour seems to disappear from one or 2 of the screens for a few seconds and then reappears a moment or 2 later - it's quite distracting when racing and nothing I have tweaked in the settings seems to have resolved this.

Any ideas in what is causing the colour loss and freezing?

For the issues on startup, do you happen to have the Logitech profiler software running in the background? This is an issue that's been around a long time. If so, try uninstalling it and see if that fixes the issue.

BobbyDazzler
22-10-2015, 09:27
For the issues on startup, do you happen to have the Logitech profiler software running in the background? This is an issue that's been around a long time. If so, try uninstalling it and see if that fixes the issue.

Star man - removed profiler (that was only there for previous wheel) and straight through loader screens to the intro video. Sod's Law I then clicked that and it dropped me back to desktop, but one click on the Taskbar recovered it. This is still progress.