PDA

View Full Version : Soft pedals.

Gravit8
21-10-2015, 12:07
I'm looking for pedals with a particularly soft feel early in travel.
I want to be able to trail break by curling my toes and toe pressure. My stock t300 pedals are way too stiff and I'm always searching for that initial bite. Not getting it consistently with any confidence.
ones that can be adjusted so minimal leverage is needed a plus also.

T300 compatible.

What are the pedals like that come with the Logitech g920 or whatever 9 series it is?

Thanks for any input.

Roger Prynne
21-10-2015, 12:27
The G25/27 pedals would suit you, because at stock they are quite weak.

rams1de
21-10-2015, 12:35
There's not a great deal of difference in strength of stock G25 and T300 pedals ime.

OP could try this http://youtu.be/bcnVrXTkCTI

Gravit8
21-10-2015, 15:47
The G25/27 pedals would suit you, because at stock they are quite weak.

Ps4 and t300. Logi g25 pedals won't work.
Looks like it's the t3pa pros inverted and hung f1 style for me.

Mahjik
21-10-2015, 16:19
Is it possible to take apart the T300 pedals and see if you can replace whatever their resistance mechanism with something softer? I know the Logitech pedals use springs so you can find softer or harder ones, but I'm not sure what the T300 uses but it might be similar.

marcdxn
21-10-2015, 18:37
G27 pedals then install the Niximm brake mod.
I have that and it works really well, progressive braking initially very easy followed by a much harder pedal as you near the bottom of the travel.

Mahjik
21-10-2015, 19:14
I have that and it works really well, progressive braking initially very easy followed by a much harder pedal as you near the bottom of the travel.

He want's the opposite of the Nixim springs.. ;) The Nixim springs are stronger and he's looking to make his pedals softer.

Roger Prynne
21-10-2015, 20:24

Ah, I didn't see that you're on PS4.... :apologetic:

Schnizz58
21-10-2015, 20:59
That would be GT style.

Gravit8
21-10-2015, 21:52
That would be GT style.

All their marketing and box art calls it F1 style.
Maybe I stated it wrong calling it inverted, but I understand them to be hung from the top as opposed to sitting on bottom.
But I assume getting the leverage I need earlier will be easier.

Gravit8
21-10-2015, 21:59

This sounds like something that could work. I'm ok with stiff at medium to max travel. That's good. Just looking for that easy manipulation from 0-10% input to go with.

Except it's logitech's old stuff. Not compatible with ps4.
If I go Logi. It would be with a second wheel. The g920 with whatever pedals come with. What are those like?
I'm ok with replacing my t300 early and passing a wheel down to my son. I'll have burned the t300 out within the two year warranty like everyone else has anyway.

chig88
21-10-2015, 22:07
All their marketing and box art calls it F1 style.
Maybe I stated it wrong calling it inverted, but I understand them to be hung from the top as opposed to sitting on bottom.
But I assume getting the leverage I need earlier will be easier.

Hung from the top is GT style.

Sitting on the bottom is F1 style.

Jussi Viljami Karjalainen
21-10-2015, 22:51
Hung from the top is GT style.

Sitting on the bottom is F1 style.Can confirm, that's the way it says in the actual manual and my box as well.

GT style rules btw. Apart from any individual preferences, there's one thing going for that layout that is not to be ignored by anyone: It keeps almost all dust and gunk from dropping into the pedal set, gunking up the insides.

Schnizz58
21-10-2015, 22:53
Can confirm, that's the way it says in the actual manual and my box as well.

GT style rules btw. Apart from any individual preferences, there's one thing going for that layout that is not to be ignored by anyone: It keeps almost all dust and gunk from dropping into the pedal set, gunking up the insides.
Wish I could set mine up that way. The Ricmotech brake mod won't install in the GT configuration. And I don't think it will attach to my wheel stand either. I think solutions to both are in the works so I may get to give it a try eventually.

Gravit8
22-10-2015, 00:59
Wish I could set mine up that way. The Ricmotech brake mod won't install in the GT configuration. And I don't think it will attach to my wheel stand either. I think solutions to both are in the works so I may get to give it a try eventually.

That's good info. And about the dust. I always store mine upside down to avoid it.
That ripmotech load cell was on my radar, but not anymore if you can't use GT style.
I'm convinced load cells are over priced and could introduce electric gremlins anyway, when you could just get a mechanical setup to do the same muscle memory trick without spending $170. I'll just modify it with urethane bushings, springs, or foam or whatever it takes to get the progression I want.
Done it before with Microsoft pedals and one piece of foam.

Fight-Test
23-10-2015, 14:42
That's good info. And about the dust. I always store mine upside down to avoid it.
That ripmotech load cell was on my radar, but not anymore if you can't use GT style.
I'm convinced load cells are over priced and could introduce electric gremlins anyway, when you could just get a mechanical setup to do the same muscle memory trick without spending $170. I'll just modify it with urethane bushings, springs, or foam or whatever it takes to get the progression I want.
Done it before with Microsoft pedals and one piece of foam.

I can promise having the load cell far outweighs having pedals gt style. Gt didn't effect my times or feel. The load cell will immediately drop your times and there is no way that you can replicate the repeatability of the load cell with something else. The load cell makes the pedals a completely different animal. I've had two sets of different pedals and both with mods and they don't come close. After a day or two you should drop a second easy. If u have any question I'll be happy to help.

Schnizz58
23-10-2015, 15:04
I can promise having the load cell far outweighs having pedals gt style. Gt didn't effect my times or feel. The load cell will immediately drop your times and there is no way that you can replicate the repeatability of the load cell with something else. The load cell makes the pedals a completely different animal. I've had two sets of different pedals and both with mods and they don't come close. After a day or two you should drop a second easy. If u have any question I'll be happy to help.
I'm happy to help also. When I installed mine, I struggled with it for about an hour trying to find the right foot pressure. I went to bed a little frustrated that night. But the next evening when I tried again, it all clicked for me and my lap times plummeted.

chig88
23-10-2015, 15:07

Which load cell would you recommend?

I've been thinking about getting the Nixim brake mod once Playseat finally ships the 'effing pedal plate I've been after.

Schnizz58
23-10-2015, 15:10
Which load cell would you recommend?

I've been thinking about getting the Nixim brake mod once Playseat finally ships the 'effing pedal plate I've been after.
Fight-Test is talking about the Ricmotech load cell mod (http://www.ricmotech.com/Load_Cell_Kit_for_Thrustmaster_Pedals_p/rmt-lc500.htm). I know this because he's the one that recommended it to me.

Gravit8
23-10-2015, 21:33

Thanks. I knew muscle memory is huge in breaking. I'd love it. But at the cost of a pedal set themselves? That's excessive IMO.
Load cell mods usually under a $100 bucks.
What's going on in this ripmotech that warrants $170?
Are they better than load cell modded club sports?

Zephon
20-11-2015, 18:00
I've got a question regarding the T3PA Pro. I just got it few days ago and the gas and clutch feels a lot softer than the T300RS gas pedal. Is that how its intended to be?
I'm being paranoid and thinking maybe something is wrong with my pedal. The break feels great its just the gas and clutch that feel way softer than the T300RS pedal.

Jussi Viljami Karjalainen
20-11-2015, 18:13
I can promise having the load cell far outweighs having pedals gt style. Gt didn't effect my times or feel. The load cell will immediately drop your times and there is no way that you can replicate the repeatability of the load cell with something else. The load cell makes the pedals a completely different animal. I've had two sets of different pedals and both with mods and they don't come close. After a day or two you should drop a second easy. If u have any question I'll be happy to help.Not my experience with load cells, so I could never ever "promise" that they make anyone faster, but they do help many people. The default T500 pedals are already more than capable of beating all the pCARS WRs out there, and many aliens are still using G25 pedals.