PDA

View Full Version : My last thread.

mcs1981
22-10-2015, 01:15
I find it sad that those of us not being part of any racing communities in Project Cars can't enjoy this game in multiplayer... I have tried now for over 250 races to be respectful against my opponents in multiplayer and only to be rammed in return out of the track from persons I have overtaken... I have bashed this game multiple times in the past and I'm sorry... I know I should choose my words wisely now before some Moderator comes and tells me how wrong I am and that I will be blocked because of my negative approach... That is also why this will be my last post. I'm sorry, but I still have nothing positive to say about this game when it comes to the multiplayer part. There is no consequenses whatsoever for rammers and that is probably not the devs. fault but it is destroying my experience with the game for sure. So I give up :) I know you are not caring for me giving up btw, I just wanted to share my view.. GG guys :) Hope all you others succeed better than me :)

SUBGTRACER
22-10-2015, 01:37
I do care , I don't think its a great thing for this game to be losing players everyday ......

Have a month off that's what I did , wait for the next patch and have another go , as for multiplayer you really need to find a group to run some laps with, its so much more enjoyable with like minded people who are chasing the experience you are after.

Mahjik
22-10-2015, 01:48
Just FYI: http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?40511-Why-is-there-no-repercussion-for-rammers&p=1151966#post1151966

gotdirt410sprintcar
22-10-2015, 02:19
I find it sad that those of us not being part of any racing communities in Project Cars can't enjoy this game in multiplayer... I have tried now for over 250 races to be respectful against my opponents in multiplayer and only to be rammed in return out of the track from persons I have overtaken... I have bashed this game multiple times in the past and I'm sorry... I know I should choose my words wisely now before some Moderator comes and tells me how wrong I am and that I will be blocked because of my negative approach... That is also why this will be my last post. I'm sorry, but I still have nothing positive to say about this game when it comes to the multiplayer part. There is no consequenses whatsoever for rammers and that is probably not the devs. fault but it is destroying my experience with the game for sure. So I give up :) I know you are not caring for me giving up btw, I just wanted to share my view.. GG guys :) Hope all you others succeed better than me :) join the SNAIL community very clean fast drivers kick is coming

Krus Control
22-10-2015, 03:21
Bye. We'll all still be here having an amazing time if you ever feel like coming back.

SUBGTRACER
22-10-2015, 03:31
Bye. We'll all still be here having an amazing time if you ever feel like coming back.

err.... amazing is stretching it a little :)

Krus Control
22-10-2015, 04:00
lol at least I'm having an amazing time. This game is far too astonishingly good to get mad at it's admittedly many flaws.

odemode
22-10-2015, 04:56
So you race in open lobbies and expect everyone to be clean? Never gonna happen my friend

Pyromaniak666
22-10-2015, 05:52
So you race in open lobbies and expect everyone to be clean? Never gonna happen my friend

And Why is that, for as long as you and many others keep thinking that it will remain.
That's like saying you walk around at night and expect not to be mugged/robbed, Society is f#@$%$ Up

But there is more to this than just bad racers, the OP has other issues, this forum has nothing to do with his online experience, if he/she said it's the last open lobby he raced in that would be something.

thomasjohansen
22-10-2015, 06:22
If the online race lobby list would show more specific rules etc. people could choose those races where a "race control" server is handling the multiplayer race. Those race control servers have better ways of adjusting this, and kicking parked cars.

The multiplayer options really need a remake and adding alot of options, people have tried to make some extra programs to overcome this problem but its hard to make all those programs to work to just have a clean public race.

Im too one of those who just like doing public races, and dont want to get too involved in leagues etc. but now Im ending with not much of a choice, when like every 3rd race is "rammed".

chig88
22-10-2015, 08:54
Just FYI: http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?40511-Why-is-there-no-repercussion-for-rammers&p=1151966#post1151966

Why are people so hyped about having a host kick option?

I just don't see how it will help in 99% of the standard drop-in, drop-out multiplayer lobbies. It still isn't going to solve the problem of idiots randomly destroying races.

Shinzah
22-10-2015, 09:04
Expecting a fairly new and popular racing game with an online mode not to have 'idiots' in pub is stretching an ideal fairly thin.

The game should have come with host kick. I'm sure lesson was learned with that. I do agree with that. And it will help quite a bit.

Lots of people tend to respond well to being polite. "Hey could you race clean/ please leave us we're trying to have a clean race" can help. Most people don't respond well to "OMG #$#@%$#@$#@! GO AWAY I HATE YOU STOP RAMMING" it only makes them want to do it more.

The others. The bullies and trolls and ones who enjoy doing this to other people. Mean folk and not your friends. They don't care. They think the internet is a special place where the laws of society no longer matter and they have free, consequenceless reign over anything because some time, maybe ten or fifteen years ago or even longer, some sociopathic sick jerk stood up to say "WELL THIS IS JUST THE INTERNET". And now you actually have teenagers and even young adults raised in a world where they can hurt others with no penalty to their lives, because the internet isn't "real" despite being an extension of reality.

You're not going to stem this flow of negativity without a massive social push in the other direction, and most people aren't concerned enough with socio-politics and activism in order to claim that agenda because we all just want to live our lives and aint nobody got time to fix the spoiled entitled brats that the world started creating ages ago.

But that's just a little commentary from your friendly neighbourhood Shin.

Who thinks the AI's are more personable than a pub lobby anyways.

Edit: Oh **** forgot what I came here for:
@OP
https://media.giphy.com/media/KOv9HWHnVepeU/giphy.gif

Krus Control
22-10-2015, 13:07

I just don't see how it will help in 99% of the standard drop-in, drop-out multiplayer lobbies. It still isn't going to solve the problem of idiots randomly destroying races.

This host kick function is the only defense that we will have against race crashers or dirty racers. Thus far players have been helpless and at any time playing online susceptible to a player joining your lobby, crashing everyone, and not getting kicked because the vote system blows. It's really awful at the moment. If someone targets you there is nothing you can do but not play online. At the moment the trolls win. It's absurd. Host kick will be our one weapon. It's like stumbling upon a chainsaw in a zombie apocalypse.

Mahjik
22-10-2015, 13:35

It does. What happens is that as soon as the community identifies the "problem racers", the lobbies will kick them as soon as they join (i.e. before the races start). At some point, these problem racers will get tires of being dropped by every lobby and either stop racing or clean up their act.

Bruusie
22-10-2015, 15:06
lol at least I'm having an amazing time. This game is far too astonishingly good to get mad at it's admittedly many flaws.
That's what makes it even more maddening

Bruusie
22-10-2015, 15:08
I raced TOCA for many years some time ago, in public lobbies and while not completely perfect there was a very robust, optional by the host, penalty system for rammers, and indeed, any type of contact putting the focus firmly on racing. There was also a kick and ban option...This was in the game from the start. It's been done before so really no excuse :(

TurboNoob
22-10-2015, 17:47
Developers have the money, we have nothing. Race ended before the start. Ram all/

Sankyo
22-10-2015, 18:09
Developers have the money, we have nothing. Race ended before the start. Ram all/

Please spare us the silly and unfounded judgments. The fact that the devs made the host kick function with priority and will put it in the next patch debunks your rant anyway.

TrevorAustin
22-10-2015, 18:13
Why isn't he banned yet?

TurboNoob
22-10-2015, 18:51
Host kick function - useless function. It does not stop ram.

Charger
22-10-2015, 19:29

Well see!!

TurboNoob
22-10-2015, 19:46
You can see it right now in other games. Sometimes bad players kick good players, sometimes kick out of personal motives, sometimes host is very bad, sometimes some players think that other player have cheat, but this is wrong. Only autokick can help.

TwilightUA
22-10-2015, 20:02
I play in multiplayer most of the time and I have to say that it's not that bad. Yes, there are rammers, yes, there are some idiots who wait when you'll come back in next lap and block your path but for some reason I don't see them in every race. For me bigger thing that spoils fun is not rammers but leavers. 25 cars in starting grid and only 4-5 of them are in race after 6 laps or so. That's just sad. People can't stand to be in any place but 1st?

mcs1981
22-10-2015, 20:04
Why isn't he banned yet?

And why should I be banned?? I will not stop playing this game, but it will for sure be my last thread here. If this kick option do come I really have hopes for lobbies with more clean racers. The problem with online gaming today is that for some people it's so much fun being an a**hole.. And when there is absolutely no consequences they will just continue to do it... I'm no programmer at all when it comes to games, but some sort of punishment should be existent to players who only wants to destroy things for other players.. I know I'm dreaming now, but oh my how I wish that we could just respect eachother more.

Toxic
22-10-2015, 20:23

It wont stop the first instance of ramming, but will prevent later instances.

TrevorAustin
22-10-2015, 20:29
And why should I be banned?? I will not stop playing this game, but it will for sure be my last thread here. If this kick option do come I really have hopes for lobbies with more clean racers. The problem with online gaming today is that for some people it's so much fun being an a**hole.. And when there is absolutely no consequences they will just continue to do it... I'm no programmer at all when it comes to games, but some sort of punishment should be existent to players who only wants to destroy things for other players.. I know I'm dreaming now, but oh my how I wish that we could just respect eachother more.

Lol, who's talking about you:) persecution complex or what, I was referring to turboknob, who is quite openly proud of being one of the retarded cretins ruining your gaming experience, even posting videos to boast of his prowess as a complete selfish idiot.

mcs1981
22-10-2015, 20:33
Lol, who's talking about you:) persecution complex or what, I was referring to turboknob, who is quite openly proud of being one of the retarded cretins ruining your gaming experience, even posting videos to boast of his prowess as a complete selfish idiot.

Ok sorry... I thought for a sec you meant me..

TurboNoob
22-10-2015, 20:51
I am one of the worst players, but one of the fastest too. I like clean races, but in this game its impossible. You too much speak.

TrevorAustin
22-10-2015, 21:16
I am one of the worst players, but one of the fastest too. I like clean races, but in this game its impossible. You too much speak.

Thanks yoda, I value your opinion, you twat like a behave.

TurboNoob
22-10-2015, 22:08
Thanks yoda, I value your opinion, you twat like behave.
:excitement:
off

TrevorAustin
22-10-2015, 22:43
:excitement:
off

That's what everybody wishes you'd do from this game, and surely it's past your curfew by now? Your mum will go spare when she finds out you're still up!

Umer Ahmad
22-10-2015, 22:45
Thanks yoda, I value your opinion, you twat like behave.

Really? Does it need to descend to insults? Stop it.

TrevorAustin
22-10-2015, 22:49

With this guy? Yes, it does, he and his cohorts are the very reason you have a forum full of rants about host kick functions and idiots ruining multiplayer, but noted and blocked yet another one.

chig88
22-10-2015, 22:59
It does. What happens is that as soon as the community identifies the "problem racers", the lobbies will kick them as soon as they join (i.e. before the races start). At some point, these problem racers will get tires of being dropped by every lobby and either stop racing or clean up their act.

If it works then great, but I remain sceptical :/

M-Bimmer
23-10-2015, 17:47
Have to admit that I got many more hrs of clean racing in the last two weeks.
Here are two hours of qualying and races back to back broadcasted on youtube last weekend.
But i do remember closing the game one night a month ago because it was more like burnout 3...t-boning that there is no tomorrow...

http://youtu.be/qU9sz-QTdiI

rams1de
23-10-2015, 17:56

Why isn't he banned?

inthebagbud
23-10-2015, 18:02
Just curious is this online MP behaviour the same in other racing games or is pcars seeing more of it for some reason

If it is not as prevalent in other games why not

Liquid7394
23-10-2015, 18:15
Is the online reputation system still being added?

Mahjik
23-10-2015, 20:39
Just curious is this online MP behaviour the same in other racing games or is pcars seeing more of it for some reason

Nope, it's been the same in every racing game since before consoles had online MP options. I remember people camping on tracks to wreck people back in Sports Car GT and the original GTR by Simbin. This is where iRacing came up with the idea of it's platform as they had seen the public racing carnage. Some people are just new to the phenomenon.

Amik
25-10-2015, 00:06

U shouldn't get banned for expressing Your opinion and freedom of Speech (as long as it's not Directed against individuals, Groups etc.). But if u want to race clean, you should join the RWB Club. They have their own dedicated servers where you can race as clean as you want. The Public servers are kinda more towards my liking though, as I and many others love to ram:/

edit:

for the same reason, my friend turbonoob shouldnt be banned either.

Charger
25-10-2015, 17:05
Bye Bye Amik, don't let the door hit you on the ass on the way out :D

Robhd
25-10-2015, 17:18
This Amik is obviously a child or if not of very limited intellect... They deserve our pity.. Oh and a lfe ban obviously!

The point being it is a racing game... And racing doesn't allow for rammng... Thats why they have black flags...doh!