PDA

View Full Version : Weight Transfer

McSoulSuckerrr
22-10-2015, 07:17
I might be in a minority as a controller-user, but imo they should re-program the weight-transfere on 75% of the cars on the game with a controller in mind to give you a chance to "catch" it a little easier in the name of fun. The game doesent have too many cars to begin with, but the ones I can actually drive are even fewer:( I also terrible like some collision-OFF racing-online-lobby's, so I can get back to where I win all the races, and all the loosers cant touch me. It gets old really quick if you have to deal with idiots all the time;)

Sankyo
22-10-2015, 07:52
Not sure what you mean, but I think that you mean the rear end of the car breaking out, or snap oversteer? Are you running with driving assists enabled?

Shinzah
22-10-2015, 08:49
I have no problem catching almost all of the cars using a dualshock 3 and even very slightly modified settings to the default.

They can't just 'reprogram' the weight transfer for controller users. It's a simulation. It's already going to be difficult to drive a car with an analog stick instead of a steering wheel no matter how you try.

A solid understanding of mechanics for car setup and driving theory should be a good start for controller driving.

Jussi Viljami Karjalainen
22-10-2015, 11:51
One thing I hope they'd change would be adjusting the steering rate limitation, it's annoying that if you have you stick in the middle and then throw it hard to the side the steering actually goes up slower than if you did a left->right or a right->left motion. And just overall I dislike having a limiter there, I'd rather have direct 1:1 response to my stick from the game, even at the cost of making it too easy to give unrealistically fast steering inputs.

Mahjik
22-10-2015, 13:30
One issue could be due to the nature of controllers being able to go full lock in an instant. What can happen is that you go full lock into the turn. The car will begin to understeer, but as it understeers it also scrubs off speed. When that speed gets low enough that the grip comes back, the car will grip and you have full lock into the corner. So what happens is you get snap oversteer with that much lock and the rear swings around very quickly.

Granted, all of this can happen in the matter of 1-2 seconds. There are some controller setup suggestions around the forum, but the first suggestion I would make is to try to be smooth (steering-wise) into the corners.

McSoulSuckerrr
22-10-2015, 14:33
I just feel that on a lot of the cars you merely touch bumber with eachother and the car will sway violently from side to side without any chance to get it back on course, or you have oversteer comming out of the corner , and it is litterally imposseble to correct it without comming to a complete holt. IDK if its my controller-configuration? But I can drive some of the GT3/GTx1, and cars with high DF halfway decent, but the rest of them I whould call undrivable. IMO it has to be linked to the steering-Wheel. IDK why do they give you a mill options to configure the controller, and then tell you its your own fault for not setting up the game right? Why dont they use all those options to configure the controller to fit each individual platform. Why do you have to go though the pain of figuring out all the answers for yourself. You know were not naturally born with the ability to configure controllers, why whould I want to. I guess I just dont have the patience it takes for playing sim on a controller wich is a contradiction in itself

ex_
22-10-2015, 19:00
i'd just add that one of the things this game does better than the rest, is the sense of real life weight transfer. You can always tell how your car is loaded, and it helps provide better tactile information to the driver... now, if you're not using a wheel it will be different, but it should still help that this feeling is there. However, you may need to change your controller sensativity or some other settings in the game to help you.

ex_
22-10-2015, 19:01
One issue could be due to the nature of controllers being able to go full lock in an instant.

That's it, exactly.

Jussi Viljami Karjalainen
23-10-2015, 00:42
One issue could be due to the nature of controllers being able to go full lock in an instant.They can. The game won't allow you to though. It's actually really annoying for me, because it sometimes means I can't hit lines I'm used to hitting with a wheel because I can't steer fast enough with the pad. =/

hkraft300
23-10-2015, 00:59
This could've been an interesting thread, but...

IDK why do they give you a mill options to configure the controller, and then tell you its your own fault for not setting up the game right? Why dont they use all those options to configure the controller to fit each individual platform. Why do you have to go though the pain of figuring out all the answers for yourself. You know were not naturally born with the ability to configure controllers, why whould I want to. I guess I just dont have the patience it takes for playing sim on a controller wich is a contradiction in itself

Anyway, back on topic...

I just feel that on a lot of the cars you merely touch bumber with eachother and the car will sway violently from side to side without any chance to get it back on course, or you have oversteer comming out of the corner , and it is litterally imposseble to correct it without comming to a complete holt. IDK if its my controller-configuration? But I can drive some of the GT3/GTx1, and cars with high DF halfway decent, but the rest of them I whould call undrivable.

I found the same at first. A little tweak of controller options for faster steering input a little, and being careful to NOT over-correct. That is what my problem was: because steering is direct and fast enough for normal people (aliens not included Jussi :p), I was way over-correcting at the slightest slide. The steering input needs to be fast enough to catch the slide. I'm also more confident with catching/holding the slide now (the latter more possible with chanting, animal sacrifice and voodoo magic) after 600+ hours.

Anyway my point is: don't over-correct. Steering mode 2, filtering, speed and steering sensitivity ~30-50 you'll be sweet.
The cars are far from undriveable. Lots of practice needed, too.

McSoulSuckerrr
23-10-2015, 01:24
This could've been an interesting thread, but...

Anyway, back on topic...

I found the same at first. A little tweak of controller options for faster steering input a little, and being careful to NOT over-correct. That is what my problem was: because steering is direct and fast enough for normal people (aliens not included Jussi :p), I was way over-correcting at the slightest slide. The steering input needs to be fast enough to catch the slide. I'm also more confident with catching/holding the slide now (the latter more possible with chanting, animal sacrifice and voodoo magic) after 600+ hours.

Anyway my point is: don't over-correct. Steering mode 2, filtering, speed and steering sensitivity ~30-50 you'll be sweet.
The cars are far from undriveable. Lots of practice needed, too.Thx I realise Theres a learning-curve it just seems a bit unfair towards controller-users. Im also aware of all the options to adjust performance only I have no idear what im doing so it very well might make it worse. I use a configuration I found online, but it doesent Work all the way around. Anyway I will try this. ps thx for all the responces

hkraft300
23-10-2015, 01:38
My controller filtering and speed sensitivity are about 35
Fast and twitchy but slow enough that I don't over-correct too much too often. Maybe try 40-45 to start then bring it down.
Advanced on,
Soft steering on, others off.
You could also try opposite lock assist.

Shinzah
23-10-2015, 02:36
(aliens not included Jussi :p)

The funny thing is, Jussi is no alien :|

He's just a reasonably competent and knowledgeable driver.

I'm a half blind cripple and I've fought him in fierce contests. ^^;

But we'll never know how Dubai would have gone....We'll never know...

https://media.giphy.com/media/s4qasItqY7clO/giphy.gif

hkraft300
23-10-2015, 02:51
The funny thing is, Jussi is no alien :|

He's just a reasonably competent and knowledgeable driver.

I'm a half blind cripple and I've fought him in fierce contests. ^^;

But we'll never know how Dubai would have gone....We'll never know...

https://media.giphy.com/media/s4qasItqY7clO/giphy.gif

They also said there were WMD in Iraq 0.o