PDA

View Full Version : Nascar with Toyota ?

seb02
22-10-2015, 07:40
Hello,

Do you think we'll have the Camry Toyota for Nascar in futur? There will be Toyota LMP1, GT86... in the next dlc.

Thanks

Cheesenium
22-10-2015, 08:44
I dont know whether we will get Camry NASCAR but if Toyota license only contains 2 cars, a GT86 and a TS040, I would be really really disappointed.

Toyota license cant be only providing 2 cars out of the entire 50 years of Toyota history.

Shinzah
22-10-2015, 08:45
I doubt it. Besides the Scion branding, there's not much linking the Toyota DLC to the American branch. The Toyota NASCAR programme is also going to be a bit tough to license, as it's actually (I think) A joint venture between Toyota and Joe Gibbs Racing.

Then there's the matter of licensing the liveries and branding.

Even if more NASCAR cars were to come like the Hol- Err, I mean the Impala and the Camry. I doubt we'd see liveries from major teams in them.

There's a pretty good chance that JGR might allow their teams liveries as they are a progressive team with fairly young drivers with many gaming related sponsorships. BUT Polyphony sealed up JGR, Roush and Hendrick deals and I highly doubt SMS would get a piece of that pie unless they were an official NASCAR licensee. Which is presently held by another developer.

We'll probably have to make do with the Fusion and (hopefully) some liveries from smaller teams.

seb02
23-10-2015, 08:34
Ok.
Thanks