PDA

View Full Version : Controller button assignment not working

Martin03
22-10-2015, 12:46
Hi, I have a Thrustmaster T500rs - F1 addon and when I go to edit assignment to edit the buttons to like KERS, DRS etc then it does not work. I double click and get the ''Please assign new configuration'' or something like that, then I push the button on the wheel I want and nothing happends. Then it takes a few secunds and it stands ''Mutiple inputs were detected. No action was assigned'' So I have no button for DRS and all now since I can't do anything...

Konan
22-10-2015, 13:10
Have you used the "search" option on this forum,
Because there is a workaround for this...

Konan
22-10-2015, 13:17
http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?33636-WORK-AROUND-DRS-Button-Mapping

This is the thread with the workaround...hope this helps?

Schnizz58
22-10-2015, 15:17
This is a different issue Konan.

Martin I have had this happen on Xbox also. No matter what feature I tried to map or what button I tried to map it to, it gave me that error message. I don't know what I did to fix it. I eventually gave up and turned the game off. Next time I played it was working properly. Could be a bug in the game or it could be a glitch on the Thrustmaster side.

Konan
22-10-2015, 16:19

Martin I have had this happen on Xbox also. No matter what feature I tried to map or what button I tried to map it to, it gave me that error message. I don't know what I did to fix it. I eventually gave up and turned the game off. Next time I played it was working properly. Could be a bug in the game or it could be a glitch on the Thrustmaster side.

Oops...sorry about that :rolleyes:

Leonardo Da Vinci
18-02-2017, 20:23

Thanks Schnizz58, you've probably saved me more frustration lol, Still appreciate Konans effort to help me resolve the issue, not the worst thing in the world and when/If I sort it I'll post it on the PS4 forum.

Leonardo Da Vinci
18-02-2017, 20:35
Have you used the "search" option on this forum,
Because there is a workaround for this...
Yes I ALWAYS do my own search before resorting to posting ! and why my search didn't show this post from 2015 makes me even more frustrated :livid: Not sure if it will be a clicky but I'm sure you'll get there. http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?25504-Whoa!-Mapping-Assigning-buttons-is-a-nightmare!!!

JessicaWalter
19-02-2017, 02:15
for the record, the workaround hasnt worked on ps4 for a while. it was "fixed" (aka removed) with one of the later patches. source: everytime i go into controller settings on ps4 it gives me the error and nothing i do can get me back out of it without closing the application from the main menu. luckily i setup a nice config way back when it worked. had to make some changes when i setup my x1 controller yesterday and ditch some of the seat adjustment buttons so i could have a view change and rear view (both of which i never use since i play cockpit/helmet and use the morrors)

edit: i do know this thread is about a different issue, i was just mentioning it since the workaround that no longer works-around was brought up and some people might click into this thread looking for help with that issue due to the title