PDA

View Full Version : [Problem] with forced default car setups

lordymatsuo
22-10-2015, 15:48
Did some testing yesterday with forced default car setups and found a bit of a problem.

Say you run a 10 lap race, you don't need a pit stop but you have damage turned on and you take a hit. You enter the pits and the guys fill your car to the very top because you have no pit strategy and cant change anything costing tons of time.

In my test I was in the pits for 1 minute 20+ seconds. Now on a 10 lap race that is game over. The damage that needed repairing took only about 20 seconds of that time, 40 seconds spent filling fuel tank to max which was not needed and 20 seconds for driving in and out of pit stop.

Would really like to see this implemented so it can be used without too much penalty like this. I guess a work around for now is turn damage off :)

Haiden
22-10-2015, 18:31
If you know you're entering a short race, couldn't you just create a "Fix Damage" only pit setup and make that the default? Just asking. I haven't tried the Force Default Setups yet, so it's just a question.

Gravit8
23-10-2015, 02:02
Did some testing yesterday with forced default car setups and found a bit of a problem.

Say you run a 10 lap race, you don't need a pit stop but you have damage turned on and you take a hit. You enter the pits and the guys fill your car to the very top because you have no pit strategy and cant change anything costing tons of time.

In my test I was in the pits for 1 minute 20+ seconds. Now on a 10 lap race that is game over. The damage that needed repairing took only about 20 seconds of that time, 40 seconds spent filling fuel tank to max which was not needed and 20 seconds for driving in and out of pit stop.

Would really like to see this implemented so it can be used without too much penalty like this. I guess a work around for now is turn damage off :)

First?
Are you saying the default setups work now?
2nd?
Do they not allow you to use a pit strategy?
Cause that seems like what your saying.
That stratagys are restricted as well as setups.
That seems odd. There are not any setup parameters in the pit menus are there?

Edi: I think pressures are in there. So maybe that's why they are restricted too?

lordymatsuo
23-10-2015, 08:42
With forced defaults on we did 5min qualy to test it there and then a 10 lap race.

During Qualy both edit tuning and pit strategy were greyed out, all you could do is drive

During the race when I came in to pit the window to edit strategy was not available meaning it went with a default strategy which was to fill my tank to the max which was unnecessary

More testing needed and can't wait for this feature to fully work so we can run some races with forced defaults

Gravit8
23-10-2015, 21:22
With forced defaults on we did 5min qualy to test it there and then a 10 lap race.

During Qualy both edit tuning and pit strategy were greyed out, all you could do is drive

During the race when I came in to pit the window to edit strategy was not available meaning it went with a default strategy which was to fill my tank to the max which was unnecessary

More testing needed and can't wait for this feature to fully work so we can run some races with forced defaults

Hopefully they can give us access to pits later.
Quick question, I'm pretty sure pressures are in the pit menu?
Is that something you think should be adjustable? For league racing? Or leave it stock and greyed out?

hkraft300
25-10-2015, 09:43
Force default setups were a bad move. Tuning is part of racing, period. Default setups are average at best on wheels and some are undriveable with a controller. None are any good for long races. For arcade sprint races, cool, but I digress.

Pit stops are fixed. Forced default setup works, but locks out pit strategy too.

But if pit strategy is enabled, SMS will have to lock out pressure and compound changes.

Then those who wanted to force default setups will find something else to cry about.

Gravit8
25-10-2015, 21:21
Force default setups were a bad move. Tuning is part of racing, period. Default setups are average at best on wheels and some are undriveable with a controller. None are any good for long races. For arcade sprint races, cool, but I digress.

Pit stops are fixed. Forced default setup works, but locks out pit strategy too.

But if pit strategy is enabled, SMS will have to lock out pressure and compound changes.

Then those who wanted to force default setups will find something else to cry about.

It's called spec racing and it exists in real life. Despite what tuners might think.
Drivers love it.

hkraft300
25-10-2015, 22:31
It's called spec racing and it exists in real life. Despite what tuners might think.
Drivers love it.

Ye those spec racing cars have adjustable suspensions for, at the very least, alignment and damper changes. And tire pressures.

ONESPACE
28-10-2015, 14:59
I think I'm getting closer to finding an answer to my same problem with pit stops when racing online with default setups. But I don't think I like this hkraft300 guy, he seems like a smart aleck. I've seen his post replies in other threads and they don't seem very nice at all.

Gravit8
28-10-2015, 22:17
I think I'm getting closer to finding an answer to my same problem with pit stops when racing online with default setups. But I don't think I like this hkraft300 guy, he seems like a smart aleck. I've seen his post replies in other threads and they don't seem very nice at all.

He's alright sometimes. Just a salty old dog.
His replies on pit setups working for him are my least favorites.
You have to learn how to work with the save setup, not against it. There's a way to teach people how to use the setups without implying people are stupid. The save system is stupid. Not the people.

Edit: oh and you should add me. I'm always down for spec/default racing.
PSN= nutty113

hkraft300
28-10-2015, 22:22
I think I'm getting closer to finding an answer to my same problem with pit stops when racing online with default setups.

But I don't think I like this hkraft300 guy, he seems like a smart aleck. I've seen his post replies in other threads and they don't seem very nice at all.

:applause:

He's alright sometimes. Just a salty old dog.
His replies on pit setups working for him are my least favorites.
You have to learn how to work with the save setup, not against it. There's a way to teach people how to use the setups without implying people are stupid. The save system is stupid. Not the people.

Edit: oh and you should add me. I'm always down for spec/default racing.
PSN= nutty113

Pit strategies always worked for me except between patch 4 and 5, I had the same issue as compound selection as everyone else. No lies, but I must've got a good ps4 or something and the game has been much more solid to me than others on ps4.
Pit strategy/save system works.
Setup save system works too. Never saw anything wrong with it, and I've never implied it's a good system, however simple/complicated it is. Maybe there are code limitations to setup save/load due to the game engine? Who knows. It could be better.

ONESPACE
29-10-2015, 06:11
Here's my issue, pit stops. Only been running Pcars steady for a couple months.
I thought I had a problem with pit stops but wasn't real sure until a 30 lap league race in the rain, half rain half dry. When I go in for a tire change, it fills up my gas tank all the way, when I don't even need any. Worse is it does not change my tires, leaves me on the same ones.
I've tried several different cars and the same results. And many many laps.
So after trying everything and finding no answers online I decided to delete Pcars and start over. Downloaded update file 5 again and everything worked fine with default setup on or off. Also did not save any setup on cars.
Like I said everything worked fine, changed my tires and didn't give me any fuel. Fuel was default at 7.5L with 10 min qualifying and 59.7L for a 30 lap race.
After I started doing setups and pit strategy and saving, the bug came back. It would not change my tires from rain to slick, but it didn't fill my gas up this time. So I restarted and this time I got 90L for qualifying and 90L for the race (no matter how many laps I change to) I run the race and make my pit stop, didn't give me any fuel (cool). But it did not change my damn tires.
Guess what, I deleted again. Everything working good again, but as soon as I save a setup it changes the fuel load in default setup back to 90L for a 10 min qualifying and 90L for any number lap race. The main car I've been working with is the Mercedes 190E TC2, if it matters. Like I've said, I have tried different cars with the same results.
Any links info on this would be greatly appreciated. I've spent plenty of money based around this game, and after the first month trying to figure calibrations for my T500. This game is beginning to be a pain and a waste of money.
Actually I'm beginning to think most F1 codemasters PS3 games have better physics.
Thanks again on any help. And I'll send a friend request too.

hkraft300
29-10-2015, 12:12
If you force default setup (check options, but I thought it's a MP-only thing), your pit strategies won't work.
If you tune a car, it only saves to that track, unless you go through the garage in main menu, then you can save to multiple/all tracks.
When you enter the pit lane, you have choices. If the pit menu pops up when you enter the pit lane, you can choose/edit your pit strategy. Check your fuel levels and choose your tire compound an pressures.

The only time pit strategy doesn't work ( pit menu doesn't appear when you enter the pit lane, since patch 5) is when you select "force default setups"

NO PS3/4 games have more realistic tire/physics model than pCars.

ONESPACE
29-10-2015, 15:45
Yes hkraft300, I got all that. I know I know. But no matter if I save a setup when online or in my garage, it changes the fuel load to 90L when default setup is turned on. No need for that much fuel in a 6 10 12 18 or even a 30lap race. When before I saved a setup it gives me the correct amount of fuel for the number of laps. And when I use the triangle button to reset, it still ends up with 90L in the tank and no way to reset to original default.

And by the way, Codemasters TOCA 3 (better known as RACEDRIVER3) on the PS2, in comparison. Is a better game. It had a bunch of cars and all the Australian tracks, and man do I miss racing at Phillip Island, one of my favorites on the planet. Yes TOCA was an online racing game. Put that in your pipe and smoke it, lol.

Most of my testing of the bug was done in an online private lobby. Since there's no way to do default setup offline.

hkraft300
30-10-2015, 01:21
Yes, some cars in their default setups have a high fuel load. So when you reset to default, or force default setup for your lobby, the fuel load resets to default.

I had TOCA on the PS I think. The controllers weren't progressive enough to drive the cars correctly. From memory it modelled kart chassis better than pCars, but rose-tinted glasses they say.
Tires are a different matter. That game was way ahead of its time.

ONESPACE
31-10-2015, 22:45
Sorry @hkraft300, but I don't think your listening.
I've reset the game 3 times and I know for sure the game has a bug in create new setup and default setup. Once a new setup is created for that car and track, it ruins the original default setup fuel load values. It makes the car have a full tank. When originally it did not.
I started gaming with the Panasonic 3DO, then a PS1, two PS2's, two PS3's and now the PS4. And a very lot of games. I know how to navigate a video game. I'm not a viddy'it.
I even found that two of the BMW 320TC cars are labeled wrong. The #36 kmax, and the #49 (I think) are mixed.
If anyone wants to keep the original default setup values, do not create and save a setup. And do not create a pit strategy either. If you do, you'll never get the original default setup back, unless you delete game and start over.

hkraft300
31-10-2015, 23:36
Ye that's a known effect I saw in another thread.

But why force default setups anyway? Just make the adjustments to fuel, pit strategy etc that you need to.
The dark side is calling.

ONESPACE
01-11-2015, 00:25
In are league, like many, many other leagues. Some members don't have time for setups and tuning. So we call it spec racing, best DRIVER wins, not the best tuner.
Actually I can beat most tuners with a default setup. Yes I'm very fast. I am in SNAILs GT6, Division 1. I race with GT Academy finalists.
@hkraft300, I'll stop looking on this post, and hope I can find some answers somewhere else. Thanks for the help though, lol.

hkraft300
01-11-2015, 02:04
In are league, like many, many other leagues. Some members don't have time for setups and tuning. So we call it spec racing, best DRIVER wins, not the best tuner.
Actually I can beat most tuners with a default setup. Yes I'm very fast. I am in SNAILs GT6, Division 1. I race with GT Academy finalists.
@hkraft300, I'll stop looking on this post, and hope I can find some answers somewhere else. Thanks for the help though, lol.

Ye those spec racing cars have adjustable suspensions for, at the very least, alignment and damper changes. And tire pressures.

Plenty of setups available online (see sticky in garage section for link).
The few leagues I've joined had members sharing setups. I'm not that fast. I make some setup changes like steering ratio (I'm on controller) and make the car a little more drive able and to improve tire temps and wear rates. Working 10-12 hours a day gives me little time to tune, so I make adjustments 10 minutes here, 15 minutes there during qualifying.

Because of the code structure (I guess) pit strategy and default setups are tied. Maybe when no tune is saved at all for the car, the fuel level is on auto like auto tire compound in pit strategy? Soon as a setup is saved it reverts to full fuel load. That's just the way it is. If Force default setups is your thing I guess it's something you must bear with until the next few patches maybe the devs throw it on their "to-do" list.