PDA

View Full Version : Bentley GT3 performance post patch5

RTA nOsKiLlS
22-10-2015, 21:31
What has happened to the Bentley GT3, to put it bluntly, its now a piece of shit.

It wasn't dominating, why has it been nerfed?

Can it be un-nerfed please. Its useless right now.

One thing I noticed instantly, is the peak power. I change from 2nd to 3rd, Im at 514hp straight away, then as I accelerate the power just goes down. Its petrol, and turbo'ed so surely peak power is going to be at around 6500-6800 seeing as it maxes out at 7000rpm (ish).

This car isn't going to get used by me again, in its current state. Its 3 seconds a lap slower than previously.

Please dont nerf cars, I and I imagine alot of others have spent a long time perfecting their tune for that car, and now its all been a waste of time.

Not happy!

havocc
22-10-2015, 21:44
If there's a car that needs nerfing is sls amg gt3 so that all other gt3 will get some love from players...

Invincible
22-10-2015, 21:49
The Bentley didn't get "nerfed". It just has been adjusted to real BoP. Higher minimum ride height and less power. Also, if you crank up the wastegate pressure to max, it is still really competitive against other GT3 cars. But now you can at least beat it in another car.

mantukas334
22-10-2015, 21:54
If there's a car that needs nerfing is sls amg gt3 so that all other gt3 will get some love from players...

what? personally i like the car because of how it looks, but its junk

Liquid7394
22-10-2015, 22:02
Here we go again.

havocc
22-10-2015, 22:05
what? personally i like the car because of how it looks, but its junk

Not the most pleasing car to drive for sure, but it's damn fast

RTA nOsKiLlS
22-10-2015, 22:28
The Bentley didn't get "nerfed". It just has been adjusted to real BoP. Higher minimum ride height and less power. Also, if you crank up the wastegate pressure to max, it is still really competitive against other GT3 cars. But now you can at least beat it in another car.

Its not competitive at all. Unless your planning a Ginetta Vs Bentley race. Its now a big heavy lump, with no oomph.

It has always been beatable. It was fast, and twitchy, the twitchy crappy handling balanced it out against the other more planted cars, like the Z4 and the 12C. Now its less twitchy, but has no power to move its huge ass.

VanquishedVantage
22-10-2015, 22:32
Isn't the V12 Vantage the most popular GT3 car used?

Umer Ahmad
22-10-2015, 22:43
Thread title updated

Please use clear titles guys thanks

RTA nOsKiLlS
22-10-2015, 22:55
Isn't the V12 Vantage the most popular GT3 car used?

Id say the 12C in orange, is the most popular, the V12 Vantage is good, but its a bit slow on the more twisty tracks. 1st gear is too long IMO, thats why I don't use it much.

TexasTyme214
22-10-2015, 23:19
The Bentley is the same speed as the other cars for me (finally). Before I found it too fast. You just have to shift in a lower rpm to get the best performance out of it compared to before.

Jussi Viljami Karjalainen
23-10-2015, 00:37
One thing I noticed instantly, is the peak power. I change from 2nd to 3rd, Im at 514hp straight away, then as I accelerate the power just goes down. Its petrol, and turbo'ed so surely peak power is going to be at around 6500-6800 seeing as it maxes out at 7000rpm (ish).The peak power has a tendency to go down when an engine is starving for air, and tighter air restriction will do that. The peak power used to be at around the top end of the rev range with the previous, wide open restrictor, but now with the tighter one it is significantly lower down. So indeed, you better relearn your shifting points or you're going to be missing about 20-30 bhp for a lot of the time.

As for why it was adjusted, there were a plethora of reports from people saying that the Bentley is completely OP, to the extent that many leagues didn't allow it. This was especially true at high altitudes, because as a turbo car it doesn't suffer much at all from high altitude problems. In my own testing (Test Track, testing for downforce amounts, braking, cornering and top speeds) it was pretty clear that the car was better than most GT3 class cars in the corners (only the M3 GT, the G55 GT3 and the Z4 GT3 had it licked in cornering and braking power) in terms of pure performance, though it was tricker to drive in some ways, and the massive turbo power also made it one of the quickest on a straight line as well, and overwhelmingly so at high altitude. It needed to come back down somewhat. This was noticed in real life as well, we just followed RL example by changing the restrictor and ride height settings.

Looking at the leaderboards though, I don't see the SLS being all that dominant. Across my set of 16 tracks that I use for comparison the fastest is the Aston V12, followed by the Z4 GT3 and the Audi R8.

RTA nOsKiLlS
23-10-2015, 01:34
As for why it was adjusted, there were a plethora of reports from people saying that the Bentley is completely OP, to the extent that many leagues didn't allow it.

Reports from people who couldn't drive it, and/or were too slow in the other GT3 cars to compete. I hate it when things get nerfed in games, because a few people cry about things being over powered. Not once have I been beaten by a noob in a Bentley when Im driving something other than the Bentley.

I've been beaten plenty of times by other cars, when I've been driving the Bentley. Any league that wont didn't allow it, wouldn't be worth joining.

This was yesterday before patch 5.0, wasn't the best race for me, but 3 of us were close all the way.
http://s4.postimg.org/co48jcnvh/beforepatch5.jpg

It wasn't overpowered before 5.0, but its underpowered now, I don't care about its real world stats, why wasn't the car input into the game with these real world stats? Now we need a leaderboard wipe again. Bentley's have impossible times posted.

Its the same thing that happens when a new CoD game comes out. Some gun that unlocks at a high rank kicks ass, and all the low ranks cry about it, and the gun is nerfed and becomes useless. (MW2 1887 shotgun as 1 example)

MrBlacky
23-10-2015, 03:19
I think all of the GT3s need a rebalancing.
Reasons are quite obvious. Cars are from different year, have different Bop or just wrong technical data (I point out the Z4 like I mentioned in the other thread. Fuel tank has ever been 115l for the GT3 car, not 105 like in the game, which is for the GTE car).
And some other strange stuff. But that would be too much to write right now.

resmania
23-10-2015, 03:53
I think all of the GT3s need a rebalancing.
Reasons are quite obvious. Cars are from different year, have different Bop or just wrong technical data (I point out the Z4 like I mentioned in the other thread. Fuel tank has ever been 115l for the GT3 car, not 105 like in the game, which is for the GTE car).
And some other strange stuff. But that would be too much to write right now.

You're right. If the cars aren't even from the same year, why bother balancing it? There's no point of it.
(Also SMS should've consider this during the licensing phase...)

chig88
23-10-2015, 09:15
According to the patch notes they changed the car's setup values to bring it more in line with how it is in real life.

It's not like they're purposely making it slower - it's been changed for realism.

VanquishedVantage
23-10-2015, 10:06
Id say the 12C in orange, is the most popular, the V12 Vantage is good, but its a bit slow on the more twisty tracks. 1st gear is too long IMO, thats why I don't use it much.
I don't like the 12C, it's dead slow at Spa and Brno with the default setup.

Liquid7394
23-10-2015, 11:04
According to the patch notes they changed the car's setup values to bring it more in line with how it is in real life.

It's not like they're purposely making it slower - it's been changed for realism.
But Noskills said "I don't care about its real world stats".

Raven403
23-10-2015, 11:12
Reports from people who couldn't drive it, and/or were too slow in the other GT3 cars to compete. I hate it when things get nerfed in games, because a few people cry about things being over powered. Not once have I been beaten by a noob in a Bentley when Im driving something other than the Bentley.

I've been beaten plenty of times by other cars, when I've been driving the Bentley. Any league that wont didn't allow it, wouldn't be worth joining.

This was yesterday before patch 5.0, wasn't the best race for me, but 3 of us were close all the way.

It wasn't overpowered before 5.0, but its underpowered now, I don't care about its real world stats, why wasn't the car input into the game with these real world stats? Now we need a leaderboard wipe again. Bentley's have impossible times posted.

Its the same thing that happens when a new CoD game comes out. Some gun that unlocks at a high rank kicks ass, and all the low ranks cry about it, and the gun is nerfed and becomes useless. (MW2 1887 shotgun as 1 example)

Yeah I gotta say Im with you on this, I really didnt think the Bentley had any "advantage" out of the gate at all. We are just finishing our GT3 season, and we did a Car draft at the begining and despite people saying the bentley was supposed to be the "Best" it didnt even get picked until halfway down the order, and the guys in Bentleys weren't dominating anything, So I dont know what the hell everyone is crying about. Just because a few people found a tune and Know how to drive the Bentley quickly means SMS has to then nerf it? Please. One of the guys in the Top 3 in points this season is in the friggen Ginetta for the love of god, Its not the CAR its the TUNE and the DRIVER. This was a mistake in my opinion, and it should be put back the way it was.

If you want to do anything to "Balance" GT3, come up with better Default setups for cars like the RUF and Mclaren, because those are two cars seriously let down by their default setups. Different Cars excel at different tracks, the Turbo cars Mclaren, bentley dominate at places like Bathurst, The Ginetta is nimble for turny tracks with short straights, and so on. If people are whining because they get beat by a Bentley, maybe you should put more time into finding a Car/Tune combo that can beat a Bentley, instead of running to SMS to cry the Bentley is too fast.

AB_Attack
23-10-2015, 12:41
What a joke, I pick that car just so it will be represented on grid.

Raven403
23-10-2015, 12:49

Yes, BUT they wouldnt have even looked into it at all if not for the complaints, seems to me anyway

justonce68
23-10-2015, 12:56
I raced in a league race last night (post patch) 42 laps of Bathurst and The Bentley still posted the fastest lap, a late 2.04, the guys I race with are no mugs and all decent drivers, so saying the Bentley is crap is in my opinion wrong. Set-up correctly it is a very fast car.

Bealdor
23-10-2015, 12:58
I raced in a league race last night (post patch) 42 laps of Bathurst and The Bentley still posted the fastest lap, a late 2.04, the guys I race with are no mugs and all decent drivers, so saying the Bentley is crap is in my opinion wrong. Set-up correctly it is a very fast car.

The Bentley (and the McLaren) have a big turbo advantage on that track.

chig88
23-10-2015, 13:10
Yes, BUT they wouldnt have even looked into it at all if not for the complaints, seems to me anyway

Maybe, but you can hardly complain when them looking into it has resulted in a more realistic simulation.

If that's how it is in real life then people will just have to accept it. There are cars in this game that I wish were quicker, but there's nothing you can do when they're modelling for realism.

Raven403
23-10-2015, 13:14

The Bentley and Mclaren will always be the fastest at Bathurst, because of their Turbo advantage.

Raven403
23-10-2015, 13:16
Maybe, but you can hardly complain when them looking into it has resulted in a more realistic simulation.

If that's how it is in real life then people will just have to accept it. There are cars in this game that I wish were quicker, but there's nothing you can do when they're modelling for realism.

I suppose, but I still think the stories of the Bentleys "dominance" were greatly exaggerated, and didnt warrant any such change. It doesnt have to be "Real or Nothing!" The new Aston is changed to fit GT3 spec, the BMW M3 was ever so slightly changed as well, so its not like the bentley was in any real need of tweaking, in MY and some Others opinion

TheReaper GT
23-10-2015, 13:44
The bentley is my favorite car and the one I use most by a loooooooong shot. The car lost a little acceleration and top speed but still a very good car. In my opinion it is better now for the average joe, I'm not a tt nut or anthing, and altough I wish they never have changed the car, I still like it.

Raven403
23-10-2015, 13:46
The bentley is my favorite car and the one I use most by a loooooooong shot. The car lost a little acceleration and top speed but still a very good car. In my opinion it is better now for the average joe, I'm not a tt nut or anthing, and altough I wish they never have changed the car, I still like it.

Right, but sapping its potential and making it slower didnt need to happen in my opinion, they couldve just tweaked the default setup to make it friendlier, but I digress

TheReaper GT
23-10-2015, 13:49
Right, but sapping its potential and making it slower didnt need to happen in my opinion, they couldve just tweaked the default setup to make it friendlier, but I digress

Agreed.

TheReaper GT
23-10-2015, 15:01
Ode car that should be revisited by the devs is the bmw 320 touring car, it's very unstable and to be honest, as much as I love the car I often abandon it due to my frustration over its behavior...

miagi
23-10-2015, 15:47
The peak power has a tendency to go down when an engine is starving for air, and tighter air restriction will do that. The peak power used to be at around the top end of the rev range with the previous, wide open restrictor, but now with the tighter one it is significantly lower down. So indeed, you better relearn your shifting points or you're going to be missing about 20-30 bhp for a lot of the time.
With higher RPM friction decreases the power output more and more. Also at higher rpm there is less time for air exchange and combustion. In the special case of race cars, at some point the restrictor limits the torque. So the power curve goes down even steeper. For example the V12 ASton GT3 car needs to be shifted pretty early.

As for why it was adjusted, there were a plethora of reports from people saying that the Bentley is completely OP, to the extent that many leagues didn't allow it. This was especially true at high altitudes, because as a turbo car it doesn't suffer much at all from high altitude problems. In my own testing (Test Track, testing for downforce amounts, braking, cornering and top speeds) it was pretty clear that the car was better than most GT3 class cars in the corners (only the M3 GT, the G55 GT3 and the Z4 GT3 had it licked in cornering and braking power) in terms of pure performance, though it was tricker to drive in some ways, and the massive turbo power also made it one of the quickest on a straight line as well, and overwhelmingly so at high altitude. It needed to come back down somewhat. This was noticed in real life as well, we just followed RL example by changing the restrictor and ride height settings.

Looking at the leaderboards though, I don't see the SLS being all that dominant. Across my set of 16 tracks that I use for comparison the fastest is the Aston V12, followed by the Z4 GT3 and the Audi R8.
It's been a while since I drove hte Bentley, but back than I had a sweet tune for the suspension where the car was super easy and save to drive.
Not sure if that was changed, but in the Bathurst race we did some time ago, the Bentley show another advantage. Its big tank. It was the only car that didn't had to refuel. Maybe the fuel efficiency was decreased to a point where it would need a bit of refueling for the same mileage now.

Something else about turbo charged cars. What about exhaust temperatures. A NA car can fire its exhaust out and as long as the manifold doesn't melt, everything is ok?! The turbine of a turbocharger is more sensitive to heat. It could mean that the engine can't run lambda = 1. We tested a VW 1,4 l TSI engine on an engine test bed. We forced lambda to 1 and man already at 3000 rpm, full load the engine was ready to exceed the turbines certified max temperatures. Normally the mixtures needs to be enriched to keep the exhaust temperatures down, what results in lower efficiency. Could be an advantage for NA cars.
Is pCARS doing that too so that the exhaust temperatures don't go too high on turbocharged engines?

NeonFlux
23-10-2015, 16:15
Sorry SMS but I think it's a bit naughty to change a car so radically this far down the line from release. Especially as it was at the request of what appears to be a minority of players. I'm suspect that most of them will find something else to complain about when they still get beaten by the same drivers that were beating them in the Bentley lol

miagi
23-10-2015, 16:25
Sorry SMS but I think it's a bit naughty to change a car so radically this far down the line from release. Especially as it was at the request of what appears to be a minority of players. I'm suspect that most of them will find something else to complain about when they still get beaten by the same drivers that were beating them in the Bentley lol
Wrong. This is true Motorsport and GT racing in particular, everything may change at any point. pCARS just followed FIA BoP.
And do you know what the FIA has to say about it?

Just:"DEAL WITH IT".
http://blog.privatefleet.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2014/11/tumblr_mwzihbmjde1rw6mk6o1_1280.png

MrBlacky
23-10-2015, 16:28
Wrong. This is true Motorsport and GT racing in particular, everything may change at any point. pCARS just followed FIA BoP.

Yeah great. Then why didn't they have changed all the other cars.

TheReaper GT
23-10-2015, 16:58
Yeah great. Then why didn't they have changed all the other cars.

Because the other cars already are up to spec.

MrBlacky
23-10-2015, 17:00
Because the other cars already are up to spec.

Uhm. No.

miagi
23-10-2015, 17:31
Uhm. No.

Always a good argument!

Back to something more car like:

Something else about turbo charged cars. What about exhaust temperatures. A NA car can fire its exhaust out and as long as the manifold doesn't melt, everything is ok?! The turbine of a turbocharger is more sensitive to heat. It could mean that the engine can't run lambda = 1. We tested a VW 1,4 l TSI engine on an engine test bed. We forced lambda to 1 and man already at 3000 rpm, full load the engine was ready to exceed the turbines certified max temperatures. Normally the mixtures needs to be enriched to keep the exhaust temperatures down, what results in lower efficiency. Could be an advantage for NA cars.
Is pCARS doing that too so that the exhaust temperatures don't go too high on turbocharged engines?
Is it?

MrBlacky
23-10-2015, 18:20
Always a good argument!

I will not post the same thing again, just because you are too lazy to read the whole thread.

M4MKey
23-10-2015, 18:35
I was one of the first to point out the nerf after the patch. Just entering a league with this car and lost something like 3 tenths on quali pace.

In real life this car eats R8 on straitghs... Happened this year at the Blancpain sprint series ( can't remember which track though ). Short story : Audi was almost in the trunk of the Bentley at the start of the straight. At the end ? 0.6 seconds behind the Bentley. The Bentley always was the best at top speed ( with the Nissan ). Yet we have some Aston Martins that are quicker on straights in the game, but doesn't even race anymore on GT3...

But oh well. I can live with this nerf ( because it is. ). But what about GT4 ? Where Astons and Ginetta are miles ahead of the BMW and Mustangs ? What about LMP1 ? Where the P30 is just best all around ? No nerf...

What I try to say is that GT3 was already the best balanced category of the game... Some other categories clearly lack balancing. And yet ? We nerf Bentleys ??? Come on...

Stevesixty7
23-10-2015, 18:55

That's pretty much me too. I use it a lot around Spa and noticed it had lost a bit but I still enjoy driving it. It seems to have lost a bit of brutality that maybe put some people off using it.

RTA nOsKiLlS
23-10-2015, 19:03

http://www.bentleymotors.com/en/world-of-bentley/experiences/motorsport/overview/technical-specifications.html

It looks like its been nerfed.

600BHP it should have, we had 540 initially, now we have 514 but drops the moment you accelerate.

Un-nerf it please. Stop changing things to suit the noobs. Fix the bugs, but leave the cars alone.

TheReaper GT
23-10-2015, 19:09
http://www.bentleymotors.com/en/world-of-bentley/experiences/motorsport/overview/technical-specifications.html

600BHP it should have, we had 540 initially, now we have 514 but drops the moment you accelerate.

Un-nerf it please. Stop changing things to suit the noobs. Fix the bugs, but leave the cars alone.

Those specs are from the beginning of the Bentley racing program. They are the raw numbers for that power unit. With series BoP in place the numbers are the following : http://www.blancpain-gt-series.com/car/22/bentley-continental-gt3

Raven403
23-10-2015, 19:19

This Is not real motorsport dude. And its especially untrue when the Bentley is the only car that got attention. GT3 was already the best balanced class in the game before the Bentley got touched inappropriately. And your argument doesnt exactly apply when there are cars in the class that were specifically altered to be "at spec" with other cars. If your gonna cite "real world" specs, Un-Nerf the new Aston as well, and just make every car in the GT3 class exactly the numbers as its real life counterpart. It wont be balanced.

NeonFlux
23-10-2015, 19:22

http://blog.privatefleet.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2014/11/tumblr_mwzihbmjde1rw6mk6o1_1280.png

Yes, you are right that things may change at any point but when they do change the rules in motorsport they usually apply to every team/car. I don't see Mercedes being made to dumb their car down because they're trouncing the rest of the field.

People are perfectly entitled to feel a bit miffed about this.... especially those who have spent weeks perfecting their tunes etc.

Raven403
23-10-2015, 19:27
Yes, you are right that things may change at any point but when they do change the rules in motorsport they usually apply to every team/car. I don't see Mercedes being made to dumb their car down because they're trouncing the rest of the field.

People are perfectly entitled to feel a bit miffed about this.... especially those who have spent weeks perfecting their tunes etc.

Something else I noticed in this thread. Different people have said different cars are the ones that are too fast. Ive heard the Merc, Bentley, and If you asked me the Aston is one of the fastest too. Someone else might say the RUF or Mclaren is too fast, and you know why? Because GT3 is the best balanced class. At some point someone was able to beat people in one of those cars, meaning its more Tune/Driver combo than the car itself. If your racing someone in a Stock tune, and theyre using a Tuned Bentley theyve been working on for weeks, and they beat you, do you then need to run to SMS to have the car slowed down? Seriously? So the Bentley should be slowed down, does that mean the Merc or Aston is next? Where does this end exactly?

Stevesixty7
23-10-2015, 19:38
I put a lot of time into the Bentley set up Raven. Might as well not bothered really, although it is still ok, feels like a lot of time wasted. We purchased this car too.

barcode
23-10-2015, 19:42

Ok.
http://static.guim.co.uk/sys-images/Guardian/Pix/pictures/2010/12/10/1291985709728/Bernie-Ecclestone-006.jpg
:p

Sorry, that one I couldn't resist ;)

MrBlacky
23-10-2015, 19:51
Something else I noticed in this thread. Different people have said different cars are the ones that are too fast. Ive heard the Merc, Bentley, and If you asked me the Aston is one of the fastest too. Someone else might say the RUF or Mclaren is too fast, and you know why? Because GT3 is the best balanced class. At some point someone was able to beat people in one of those cars, meaning its more Tune/Driver combo than the car itself. If your racing someone in a Stock tune, and theyre using a Tuned Bentley theyve been working on for weeks, and they beat you, do you then need to run to SMS to have the car slowed down? Seriously? So the Bentley should be slowed down, does that mean the Merc or Aston is next? Where does this end exactly?

The point is, that the SLS has around 567 HP at peak and the Z4 492 HP.

That's just not fair even though the Z4 is lighter in weight. You have no chances overtaking a SLS on track when he does no mistake. On the other hand, the SLS just passes you on the next straight.

And then there are a lot of other things that need rebalancing. Aston Martin uses less fuel with his big V12 than the BMW, and has even a slightly bigger fuel tank.

These problems apply to almost every car.

miagi
23-10-2015, 19:56

You have no idea what you are looking at. That car doesn't have 600BHP because it does not run unrestricted in any FIA race! The 600 BHP Bentley put up there is completely meaningless, it is only there to make the actual "noobs" say "Wow it has so much power".
About the "acceleration" and that the power drops, read post #31, what Jussi wrote and what I added and you might understand why that is spot on realistic. I makes me a bit mad when someone that knows that little about cars and motorsport uses the word "noob".

Nonono, F1 is different about that. F1 doesn't have a BoP(they have an insanely long rule book and at times decide that this or that is not allowed, what may come across fishy is still no BoP). Different story in GT3. After a test session, just one car can be rebalanced if the FIA sees the need to do so.

I put a lot of time into the Bentley set up Raven. Might as well not bothered really, although it is still ok, feels like a lot of time wasted. We purchased this car too.
The Bentley is still fast and easy to control. Giving it a decent pace through out a longer race. And the 130 liter tank gives it a serious advantage in proper races.

PS: You should never pick a GT3 car because of pace. You should pick it because you like it or its character. And that hasn't changed imo, so no problem here.

Stevesixty7
23-10-2015, 19:59
The SLS is also faster than the Bentley along the Kemmel straight at Spa now, significantly so. Re balancing wasn't necessary.

McKiernan
23-10-2015, 20:01
I think some may need some of these
https://scontent-fra3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xpt1/v/t1.0-9/12004678_10153804827960649_5585546949732253880_n.jpg?oh=8d2b1d3d8ec3bc46e4c6224b57bcc06f&oe=56D14326

Stevesixty7
23-10-2015, 20:01
You have no idea what you are looking at. That car doesn't have 600BHP because it does not run unrestricted in any FIA race! The 600 BHP Bentley put up there is completely meaningless, it is only there to make the actual "noobs" say "Wow it has so much power".
About the "acceleration" and that the power drops, read post #31, what Jussi wrote and what I added and you might understand why that is spot on realistic. I makes me a bit mad when someone that knows that little about cars and motorsport uses the word "noob".

Nonono, F1 is different about that. F1 doesn't have a BoP(they have an insanely long rule book and at times decide that this or that is not allowed, what may come across fishy is still no BoP). Different story in GT3. After a test session, just one car can be rebalanced if the FIA sees the need to do so.

The Bentley is still fast and easy to control. Giving it a decent pace through out a longer race. And the 130 liter tank gives it a serious advantage in proper races.

PS: You should never pick a GT3 car because of pace. You should pick it because you like it or its character. And that hasn't changed imo, so no problem here.

I never picked the Bentley because of pace, I chose it because it was a challenge, and I enjoyed driving it. That has now changed somewhat.

Stevesixty7
23-10-2015, 20:05
I think some may need some of these
https://scontent-fra3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xpt1/v/t1.0-9/12004678_10153804827960649_5585546949732253880_n.jpg?oh=8d2b1d3d8ec3bc46e4c6224b57bcc06f&oe=56D14326

I take it you refer to the guys who couldn't drive the Bentley before, but can now in it's current guise? They got what they wanted.

KrypticTMG
24-10-2015, 12:08
I've done a endless amount of races in the GT3's against some of the fastest drivers on the ps4, and although the driver is important I think the problem with the Bentley was it took hardly anytime at all to tune, for example when I tested some of the gt3's for our league season at Watkins glen I had to really tune the BMW M3 and the Audi LMS gt3 to get it into the 1:41s took me about 16 or 17 laps when I jumped in the Bentley after 3 laps I was able to do low 41's with 30 litre's in. With the Bentley its track dependent some tracks its advantage was a lot smaller and could be matched at tracks like Dubai, Hockenhiem but at SPA, Brno and particularly road America its advantage was ridiculous where the fastest guys where getting 2:02.9 and you just cant get near that in any other gt3 car.

I think if you was doing a League with gt3 cars, Track selection was just as important then the car your driving if your picking all the high speed tracks then yes the Bentley was slightly OP, but if you mix it up with tight twisty tracks then it can be beaten. For me tho the Bentley was very easy to get fast times with without doing much in setup, in our Brno race pole in the Bentley was a 1:57.1 with no assist which is very quick.

Against the very best drivers you would not get near them if they are in that Bentley and it had a pace advantage on 70% of the tracks on pcars so I can see why it got nurfed but by this much I'm not so sure, its no longer competitive at top level also I think the McLaren 12c, Aston GTE and Porsche should be upped a little to bring them in line with the M3, Z4, Audi, SLS and aston v12 but lets be honest the gt3's is still the best class on pcars.

Omarlop
24-10-2015, 12:32
Bentley now is a shitty car. Waste my money buying that DLC. Thanks developers!!

N0body Of The Goat
24-10-2015, 14:40

Those specs are from the beginning of the Bentley racing program. They are the raw numbers for that power unit. With series BoP in place the numbers are the following : http://www.blancpain-gt-series.com/car/22/bentley-continental-gt3

If the pCARS Bentley now has 514BHP with the restrictor fully open, looks like it needs to lose another 14BHP. ;)

TheReaper GT
24-10-2015, 15:44
If the pCARS Bentley now has 514BHP with the restrictor fully open, looks like it needs to lose another 14BHP. ;)

Sad but true auhauhah

bobfromaccounting
24-10-2015, 17:31
While being just the nit-picky person that i am, it says approx 500 :P. Could be a little more could be a little less lol.

And i dont know why people are complaining. I have been using the Bentley since it came out. I loved the car pre and post patch. It is almost as fast as before, just have to drive it a little bit harder and it is a little more set-up dependent.

TheReaper GT
24-10-2015, 18:42
While being just the nit-picky person that i am, it says approx 500 :P. Could be a little more could be a little less lol.

And i dont know why people are complaining. I have been using the Bentley since it came out. I loved the car pre and post patch. It is almost as fast as before, just have to drive it a little bit harder and it is a little more set-up dependent.

I think almost the same, except for the setup part, it was way more setup dependent before. The car was faster but way more unstable...

RTA nOsKiLlS
24-10-2015, 18:51

It wouldn't matter if it did lose another 15, its shit and slow now.

RTA nOsKiLlS
24-10-2015, 19:04

Then you were slow in it pre patch, and your still slow in it post patch.

Im complaining, because a car that I worked at, and liked it after hating it at first, has lost 2-3 seconds a lap. GT3 has one less car to choose from.

No one complains about GT1, where the McLaren Longtail, wipes the floor with the Merc.

I really dont care about whats its stats are in real life, this is a game, and GT3 was balanced before. Now its not. Its great the car now handles slightly better than before, but its lost all its power, making it a pointless choice.

Im also complaining as now I have to find a suitable replacement for that car, and tune the thing. A thought that just makes me tired, and then I don't want to play the game.

If this was how the car was from the off, then I would have just decided that I wasted my money on the DLC ages ago. But that thought has only come after patch 5.0. This is now the 5th month this game has been in the public domain, and this car has been there from near the beginning........YET....it gets nerfed now. Thanks to some crappy league crying, because their players were not good enough to beat anyone driving the Bentley. I am willing to bet that this crappy league won't be using the Bentley anyway.

That's why I'm complaining.

Stevesixty7
24-10-2015, 19:21
I think almost the same, except for the setup part, it was way more setup dependent before. The car was faster but way more unstable...

And that was why I loved driving it so much. I still use it but it's just not the same.

Liquid7394
24-10-2015, 19:31
I really dont care about whats its stats are in real life
I don't think sim racers are for you.

TheReaper GT
24-10-2015, 19:35
And that was why I loved driving it so much. I still use it but it's just not the same.

Me too but and as much as I wish they didn't change it, I like the idea of having it closer to the real life specifications.

Stevesixty7
24-10-2015, 19:40
Me too but and as much as I wish they didn't change it, I like the idea of having it closer to the real life specifications.

Fair point mate, but a bit of the fun has gone.

bobfromaccounting
24-10-2015, 19:51
You don't care what the specs are in real life? I think that just shows the truth here, the car was updated and you lost your unfair speed advantage. And now you can't go around and win races because the car is even now.....gotcha.

DriftManiaX
24-10-2015, 19:56
Lol still competitive? I'm in the middle of a championship and my friends z4 is pulling away from me like i'm standing in neutral.

Bye bye championship

Stevesixty7
24-10-2015, 20:01
You don't care what the specs are in real life? I think that just shows the truth here, the car was updated and you lost your unfair speed advantage. And now you can't go around and win races because the car is even now.....gotcha.

I think that's a little unfair. The car was fast before yes, but it was difficult to tame. Those that did persevere with it were rewarded. Most people probably went with the much more planted cars that seem like they are on rails, the Bentley was far from that.

bobfromaccounting
24-10-2015, 20:20
^Right, but thats what it took to manage the Bentley, a careful right foot because it makes the most torque out of all the GT3 cars. But if you compare it now to the real life results. The Bentley isn't a speed machine, it is good over the long run. And majority of races ran online are not long enough (unless it's a league race, like the league I'm in that does 1.5-2.4 hour races) to let the Bentley come into it's own.

Stevesixty7
24-10-2015, 20:32
^Right, but thats what it took to manage the Bentley, a careful right foot because it makes the most torque out of all the GT3 cars. But if you compare it now to the real life results. The Bentley isn't a speed machine, it is good over the long run. And majority of races ran online are not long enough (unless it's a league race, like the league I'm in that does 1.5-2.4 hour races) to let the Bentley come into it's own.

I agree. I'm on about how it was more enjoyable before, I'm not moaning about how it has lost lap time so much. The car just isn't what it was, which is a shame.

RTA nOsKiLlS
24-10-2015, 21:04

LMFAO!!!!

No Bob,

I'm just winning the races in the Z4, or the M3 GT.

I don't car what the specs are in real life, as they were not the specs the car had when it was given to us. Also, its a game. Its not real life, and the best balanced car class, has lost a good car.

The Bentley has never been the reason why I won a race. The other people in the races that I've won driving the Bentley, were simply not fast/good/consistent enough to beat me. And yes, I've lost plenty of races whilst sailing the Bentley, to other cars and other Bentley's too.

Are you in the league that cried about it?

Gravit8
24-10-2015, 22:46
Yeah I gotta say Im with you on this, I really didnt think the Bentley had any "advantage" out of the gate at all. We are just finishing our GT3 season, and we did a Car draft at the begining and despite people saying the bentley was supposed to be the "Best" it didnt even get picked until halfway down the order, and the guys in Bentleys weren't dominating anything, So I dont know what the hell everyone is crying about. Just because a few people found a tune and Know how to drive the Bentley quickly means SMS has to then nerf it? Please. One of the guys in the Top 3 in points this season is in the friggen Ginetta for the love of god, Its not the CAR its the TUNE and the DRIVER. This was a mistake in my opinion, and it should be put back the way it was.

If you want to do anything to "Balance" GT3, come up with better Default setups for cars like the RUF and Mclaren, because those are two cars seriously let down by their default setups. Different Cars excel at different tracks, the Turbo cars Mclaren, bentley dominate at places like Bathurst, The Ginetta is nimble for turny tracks with short straights, and so on. If people are whining because they get beat by a Bentley, maybe you should put more time into finding a Car/Tune combo that can beat a Bentley, instead of running to SMS to cry the Bentley is too fast.

Your big old tub of hunking metal that's only really any good at lemans has been nerfed. Good riddance to the over powered DLC car.

ROFL at all these posts. Saying make it the best again please. They clearly over powered the handling in this beast. It's huge.

These people crying is all the proof you need it had to be nerfed.

RTA nOsKiLlS
24-10-2015, 23:56
Your big old tub of hunking metal that's only really any good at lemans has been nerfed. Good riddance to the over powered DLC car.

ROFL at all these posts. Saying make it the best again please. They clearly over powered the handling in this beast. It's huge.

These people crying is all the proof you need it had to be nerfed.

Im ROFL that you thought the Bentley was only really good at Le Mans and that the handling was over powered. With a top speed of 173 mph, it's a slow car. The vantage does 191/192, the Merc SLS does 195/196 (more if you crash seeing how fast it goes). McLaren 12 does 181 mph. Im pretty sure it was the slowest car at Le Mans. The M3 GT can run 3.51 and has a top speed of 192ish. I've never seen a Bentley run less than a high 3.57.

These people saying it needed to be nerfed are the ones who couldn't win against the Bentley, and couldn't win when driving the Bentley.

*** Thanks to the slow person who is giving me the bad rep points....im sorry you lacked the ability to beat a Bentley. *** Could I have another please?

miagi
25-10-2015, 00:45
I think that's a little unfair. The car was fast before yes, but it was difficult to tame. Those that did persevere with it were rewarded. Most people probably went with the much more planted cars that seem like they are on rails, the Bentley was far from that.

Man stop saying that. It's simply not true. I drove the car when it came out, a bit later I drove a longer race at Bathurst with it and I drove it now. With just a few small setup tweaks the car was and still is the easiest GT3 car to drive. I could and can go earlier and harder on the throttle without trouble with this car than with any other GT3.
Before the patch, I could drive the car very easily without much effort and the pace was hard to much for the other GT3 cars and drivers that were working their neck off. Now I also have to work hard in the Bentley to get a quick pace.

The Bentley is tame and stable, not difficult at all! After the patch, the main difference is that I have to fight the understeer harder. Just a tiny bit too late on a corner and I can't reach the apex any more, losing time. That is the only difficulty the car has.

RTA nOsKiLlS
25-10-2015, 04:17
Man stop saying that. It's simply not true. I drove the car when it came out, a bit later I drove a longer race at Bathurst with it and I drove it now. With just a few small setup tweaks the car was and still is the easiest GT3 car to drive. I could and can go earlier and harder on the throttle without trouble with this car than with any other GT3.
Before the patch, I could drive the car very easily without much effort and the pace was hard to much for the other GT3 cars and drivers that were working their neck off. Now I also have to work hard in the Bentley to get a quick pace.

The Bentley is tame and stable, not difficult at all! After the patch, the main difference is that I have to fight the understeer harder. Just a tiny bit too late on a corner and I can't reach the apex any more, losing time. That is the only difficulty the car has.

Are you driving with a wheel?

With a controller it had twitchy handling. Even with a good setup, it would still want to step out when turning with the power on. It was also prone to "Bentley moments" when it just did whatever the hell IT wanted to.
Now, its tame and stable......and so very slow.

I've been in a lobby for the past 4 hours, driving mostly GT3, and my Z4 and M3 GT, have been leaving any Bentley well a truly at the back. Maybe the Z4 and the M3 should be nerfed, seeing as now they are totally dominating the Bentley's.

Please, somebody, think of the leagues. All these amazing league racers who didn't have an answer to the Bentley, what the excuse going to be when they can't beat a Z4 with a Z4? Cheating?

When will the leaderboard wipe be happening, to remove all Bentley times? We wouldn't want to have any "magical unbeatable, suspicious looking" lap times on the leaderboards would we ?

TheReaper GT
25-10-2015, 04:23
Are you driving with a wheel?

With a controller it had twitchy handling. Even with a good setup, it would still want to step out when turning with the power on. It was also prone to "Bentley moments" when it just did whatever the hell IT wanted to.
Now, its tame and stable......and so very slow.

I've been in a lobby for the past 4 hours, driving mostly GT3, and my Z4 and M3 GT, have been leaving any Bentley well a truly at the back. Maybe the Z4 and the M3 should be nerfed, seeing as now they are totally dominating the Bentley's.

Please, somebody, think of the leagues. All these amazing league racers who didn't have an answer to the Bentley, what the excuse going to be when they can't beat a Z4 with a Z4? Cheating?

When will the leaderboard wipe be happening, to remove all Bentley times? We wouldn't want to have any "magical unbeatable, suspicious looking" lap times on the leaderboards would we ?

It has a twitchy handling, until you set front toe in to 0.2,than it was gone.

RTA nOsKiLlS
25-10-2015, 04:28
It has a twitchy handling, until you set front toe in to 0.2,than it was gone.

LOL it doesn't matter what you do to it now, its crap. But yes I agree, a bit of positive toe did help it.

hkraft300
25-10-2015, 08:44
Ok the Bentley got pegged back. Can't win in it any more.
But now you're winning in the BMW.
What's the big deal? Maybe give the Ginetta some love. I can't drive the thing on a controller but with a wheel and some setup tweaks it should be marvellous.
P30 seems fastest in LMP1. Until you start doing endurance races is in it, through a hot afternoon, cook the motor and get engine damage from max boost...

+1 for RL specs.

RTA nOsKiLlS
25-10-2015, 11:37
Well, the big deal is, I would like the bentley restored to how it was. seeing as it WASN'T over powered in the slightest. It was just some people were under skilled with that car.

The Ginetta is ok, but seeing how so many people seem to be in favour of the Bentley nerf to real life specs, It makes me wonder why your even trying the Ginetta in a GT3 race. In real life they race against other Ginetta's.

Some league of extraordinary noobs begged for the Bentley to be nerfed. What about the wishes of the League of public lobby racers? The league of Bentley drivers?

If you turn off Mechanical failures you can run the P30 for as long and as hard as you want. Where is the fun in having your engine blow up? ;) If its realism your after, jump into a real car, and go for a track day. No matter how much people tell me this is a sim......its still a game.

The Z4 is going to be doing a lot more winning, I hope that car is already at real life specs, I'd hate to see another car nerfed. On the other hand SMS, If you want more people to stop playing this game.....keep nerfing. Keep changing cars 5 months after we get them.

Liquid7394
25-10-2015, 12:10
If its realism your after, jump into a real car, and go for a track day. No matter how much people tell me this is a sim......its still a game.Lmao. Sims really aren't for you. You can use the stupid "It's just a game line" all you want, but the point is Pcars is trying to be as authentic as possible. If you can't accept that then leave.

Also, you keep claiming that other people are "underskilled" or "slow" yet you're the one who made a thread whining that you can't win in the Bentley anymore. If "it's just a game" then why are you taking it so seriously?

graveltrap
25-10-2015, 12:41
The Bentley has lost performance relative to the other cars in the class, maybe a little too much, quick test at Imola this morning, a track I know reasonably well showed lap times in the 1:44 range with 10 laps worth of fuel, in a qualifying simulation I managed to drop into the 1:43's I do like the way the car drives now, the suspension error has been fixed, but that can't make up for the power loss.

Take the RUF into the same scenario, I am doing 1:43 at race pace with fuel on board and I am in low 1:42 range in qualifying trim.

The Aston returns similar performance to the RUF, but somehow snuck a 1:41.9 in qualifying trim.

The Bentley uses more fuel to go slower as well, 3.1 litres per lap plays 2.5 for the Aston, so it's long run performance is compromised as well.

The game doesn't think much about real life specs when it comes to the other cars, the RUF is fuelled by fantasy and the M3 shouldn't even be in this class and was improved to make it competitive.

Getting the BoP right in game is just as important as following the real world figured, especially when you factor in that GTE and fantasy cars are in this class as well, not to mention the date of manufacture range over several different years.

I will point out that the Ginetta GT3 races in the British GT championship against other cars in that class, the GT4 does as well, but it (GT4) does also have its own supercup championship.

RTA nOsKiLlS
25-10-2015, 13:14
Lmao. Sims really aren't for you. You can use the stupid "It's just a game line" all you want, but the point is Pcars is trying to be as authentic as possible. If you can't accept that then leave.

Also, you keep claiming that other people are "underskilled" or "slow" yet you're the one who made a thread whining that you can't win in the Bentley anymore. If "it's just a game" then why are you taking it so seriously?

Why are sims not for me? I love this game. Im good at this game. I love the fact its a sim, it means you have to drive properly to get the car around the track. I dont care for tyre wear, or engine blowups, as its a game, and I want to have fun.....RACING.

I never want to be sat in the pits, watching other people have fun, just because my engine has blown up or some other failure. Sure thats what happens in real life, but it doesn't need to happen to me while playing a game in my living room.

I have no problem in saying that I can no longer win in the Bentley, I can't, its too slow now. (although, that depends on the level of competition in the lobby) I can and do win races in other cars though. But the Bentley was the most fun to drive in GT3 for me at certain tracks. I just want that fun back.

How am I taking it too seriously? Was I the one taking it too seriously crying about being unable to beat Bentley's? Am I the one(s) who is taking it soooo seriously that they have to give bad rep over a discussion? PMSL nooooooo please no more reputation comments,

You must be confusing me for someone who needed a Bentley to win a race, there was no NEED for me to drive it, I drove it out of choice as it was good fun, and a challenge.

I didn't drive it once last night, and still managed to win almost every race I did, most with a comfortable lead. Hence why I was saying the Z4 needs to be nerfed, as I was flying with it last night. Obviously it doesn't need to be nerfed, but these people who couldn't beat me in a Bentley, can't beat me in any other car. The ones who could beat me while I was in a Bentley, still beat me using other cars. Which proves to me, that the car wasn't over powered.

Why does the car need to be changed 5 months into the game? Did its real life settings have to be changed mid season? Usually these kind of changes happen before the season starts. If the Bentley was put into the game with its current power, It wouldn't have got much interest. This thread wouldn't exist.

SMS already said that they nerfed it due to leagues complaining that its unbeatable. I don't know how many leagues cried about it, but I do know that if they're crying about it, then they were not good enough in the other cars to beat it, and clearly were not good enough in the Bentley itself or they would have just driven the Bentley as well. Judging by the huge amount of bad rep points Ive been given over this thread, I'd say I've hit the nail on the head. Why else would they have complained?

Please dont take that as me saying "Im AWESOME" as its not. Im simply saying that the ones who couldn't beat the Bentley needed to practise and improve their own driving. Had they done that, they would have found it to be quite beatable.

Bad rep is on the left somewhere.....thanks in advance.

Liquid7394
25-10-2015, 13:34
Why are sims not for me?"I don't care about real life stats"

Was I the one crying about being unable to beat Bentley's?
You're crying about being unable to win in the Bentley.

Hence why I was saying the Z4 needs to be nerfed
So you tell SMS not to nerf cars and then ask for the Z4 to be nerfed, hypocrite much?

I'm simply saying that the ones who couldn't beat the Bentley needed to practise and improve their own driving.
Try taking your own advice before you label the car as "useless".

RTA nOsKiLlS
25-10-2015, 17:17
"I don't care about real life stats"

You're crying about being unable to win in the Bentley.

So you tell SMS not to nerf cars and then ask for the Z4 to be nerfed, hypocrite much?

Try taking your own advice before you label the car as "useless".

Yes, I don't care about the stats, its a game. As mentioned above, there are cars running fictional settings. But its a "sim".

Im complaining as this noob requested nerf hasn't made it more competitive. Its just made the Bentley shit. I can still win and drive fast in other cars, But I liked the Bentley.

Was I being serious when I asked for the Z4 to be nerfed?

The Bentley is useless, against anyone half decent.

;)

TrevorAustin
25-10-2015, 21:10
Why are sims not for me? I love this game. Im good at this game. I love the fact its a sim, it means you have to drive properly to get the car around the track. I dont care for tyre wear, or engine blowups, as its a game, and I want to have fun.....RACING.

I never want to be sat in the pits, watching other people have fun, just because my engine has blown up or some other failure. Sure thats what happens in real life, but it doesn't need to happen to me while playing a game in my living room.

I have no problem in saying that I can no longer win in the Bentley, I can't, its too slow now. (although, that depends on the level of competition in the lobby) I can and do win races in other cars though. But the Bentley was the most fun to drive in GT3 for me at certain tracks. I just want that fun back.

How am I taking it too seriously? Was I the one taking it too seriously crying about being unable to beat Bentley's? Am I the one(s) who is taking it soooo seriously that they have to give bad rep over a discussion? PMSL nooooooo please no more reputation comments,

You must be confusing me for someone who needed a Bentley to win a race, there was no NEED for me to drive it, I drove it out of choice as it was good fun, and a challenge.

I didn't drive it once last night, and still managed to win almost every race I did, most with a comfortable lead. Hence why I was saying the Z4 needs to be nerfed, as I was flying with it last night. Obviously it doesn't need to be nerfed, but these people who couldn't beat me in a Bentley, can't beat me in any other car. The ones who could beat me while I was in a Bentley, still beat me using other cars. Which proves to me, that the car wasn't over powered.

Why does the car need to be changed 5 months into the game? Did its real life settings have to be changed mid season? Usually these kind of changes happen before the season starts. If the Bentley was put into the game with its current power, It wouldn't have got much interest. This thread wouldn't exist.

SMS already said that they nerfed it due to leagues complaining that its unbeatable. I don't know how many leagues cried about it, but I do know that if they're crying about it, then they were not good enough in the other cars to beat it, and clearly were not good enough in the Bentley itself or they would have just driven the Bentley as well. Judging by the huge amount of bad rep points Ive been given over this thread, I'd say I've hit the nail on the head. Why else would they have complained?

Please dont take that as me saying "Im AWESOME" as its not. Im simply saying that the ones who couldn't beat the Bentley needed to practise and improve their own driving. Had they done that, they would have found it to be quite beatable.

Bad rep is on the left somewhere.....thanks in advance.

Lol, I take it you still haven't realised all the crying isn't going to change it back, and aren't going to listen to one crying user especially since in all your moaning about it you e barely had any support. Why not just enjoy driving another car, especially as you can win in anything.

Raven403
25-10-2015, 21:24
Lol, I take it you still haven't realised all the crying isn't going to change it back, and aren't going to listen to one crying user especially since in all your moaning about it you e barely had any support. Why not just enjoy driving another car, especially as you can win in anything.

And yet the Bentley was nerfed because a handful of people couldn't drive it and cried. It shouldn't have been touched if the other cars weren't. That's the point. It was NOT that far ahead at all.

MrBlacky
25-10-2015, 21:36

I bet you are not even pushing the cars to the limit, so your not in the position to judge about the cars performance.

bobfromaccounting
26-10-2015, 01:01
Really what it comes down to, is that the complaints are getting thrown at the wrong people. Blame the FIA for imposing new BOP adjustments to the Bentley. It's their fault. SMS was just doing what they can to bring the most accurate game they can.

RTA nOsKiLlS
26-10-2015, 01:06
I bet you are not even pushing the cars to the limit, so your not in the position to judge about the cars performance.

How would you know?

RTA nOsKiLlS
26-10-2015, 01:14
Really what it comes down to, is that the complaints are getting thrown at the wrong people. Blame the FIA for imposing new BOP adjustments to the Bentley. It's their fault. SMS was just doing what they can to bring the most accurate game they can.

The M3 GT is not a GT3 car. It was given wider tyres to make it more competitive. LMP1 RWD P30 doesn't even exist! Just how accurate is that?

The game doesn't think much about real life specs when it comes to the other cars, the RUF is fuelled by fantasy and the M3 shouldn't even be in this class and was improved to make it competitive.

Getting the BoP right in game is just as important as following the real world figured, especially when you factor in that GTE and fantasy cars are in this class as well, not to mention the date of manufacture range over several different years.

bobfromaccounting
26-10-2015, 01:26
Those examples are different that this. Those are examples of compromise. We have that RUF because of license issues. The GTE and M3 were placed in this class because they don't have any other cars to compete against, and if they were by themselves in their own classes, people would be bitching that they cant race them against other modern cars.

hkraft300
26-10-2015, 02:04
The Aston GTE and M3 GT2 are close enough in performance so they're in the Gt3 class. The M3 was, at launch, running older spec tires. From memory it was allowed to run GT3 tires with BoP to compete in GT3.
P30 was made to LMP1 spec. Ruf was also made to Gt3 spec.
Sorry your advantage was taken away.

I think the GT3 class gets so much attention because it is by far and away the most popular class (God knows why, I don't understand it lol) with the most competitions, competitors and leagues. So expect closer scrutiny of the cars.

Anyway, no big deal. If you no longer find it fun, drive something else.
I used to drive the P30 a lot. Then I thought I'd drive the TDi for a challenge. Then I switched to the Lola. Didn't bother with the ETron it was boring.
I don't drive cars that are fastest in the class. I'll pick the one I enjoy most, even if in middle of the pack. Because this is a game.

balderz002
26-10-2015, 07:48
Sorry your advantage was taken away, no big deal. If you no longer find it fun, drive something else. Because this is a game.

Just thought I would paraphrase hkraft - Cant believe this thread is still ongoing with crys and whatnot.

I reckon its the most popular class due to it being the most populated with cars.

EvoM3
26-10-2015, 07:55
GT3 is the most popular class for good reason.

- The cars are fairly easy to drive
- There is a diverse range of cars so there is choice
- We can relate to the cars, they are brands we know
- The cars are fast enough to be fun but slow enough to have a good racing experience

This is exactly why I believe the DLC should be complete classes meeting the above conditions. 90's BTCC and GT500 or JGTC would be huge DLC hits if they would take the advice.

RTA nOsKiLlS
26-10-2015, 10:01
Sorry your advantage was taken away.

I don't understand, I've had no advantage taken away. What advantage are you talking about?

One of my favourite cars has been nerfed, but I've not lost any advantage.

MrBlacky
26-10-2015, 10:03
How would you know?

It's 50:50 for me to be right. Post some laptimes and we'll see.

cluck
26-10-2015, 10:04
To be honest, I can see why somebody who has invested a lot of time getting to know a car, tailoring the setup to their own precise requirements, would get upset when a car's performance or other characteristics suddenly change. However, with that said, driving sims are always an evolving beast, they have been since the dawn of time. Cars also dramatically change specification from year to year in real life and it is on the driver to adapt to those changes.

By all means voice your concerns but leave emotions out of it (where possible) and just state facts clearly.

One final point I'd like to make is that this thread is quite a sad reflection of the community here. The phrase "cry baby" has no place here. It is insulting and childish. Yes, the OP was letting their emotions get the better of them at times but can't we all just respond in a mature fashion please?

RTA nOsKiLlS
26-10-2015, 10:14

Well, I don't recall reading much crying that the Bentley owns all. Yet its gets nerfed, because apparently a handful of the world's "best" league racers complained they cannot beat it.

I've have been enjoying driving other cars, but its pain in the arse having to tune cars for tracks where I already had a prefered car with tune.

Anyone who seriously believes I am complaining because I can no longer win races, without the Bentley, is an idiot.

My whole complaint, is that the nerf was not needed. Regardless of BoP IRL. The people who couldn't beat Bentley's will now have a new car that they cannot beat. The car each good Bentley driver decides to use as their replacement. Will this replacement vehicle be complained about, and nerfed?

RTA nOsKiLlS
26-10-2015, 10:16
It's 50:50 for me to be right. Post some laptimes and we'll see.

Post yous. (screenshot) Your the one who thinks Im not pushing the car to the limits.

RTA nOsKiLlS
26-10-2015, 10:24
I just don't understand why it was changed to its real life stats, when the game is not a perfect reflection of real life racing. As has been mentioned earlier, cars are mixed with cars from different classes and years.

Yet this 1 car, has to be BoP'd to be more realistic, when it really wasn't the beast people make out.

It wasn't like any new player could jump into the Bentley and kick ass, just because of the car.

cluck
26-10-2015, 10:34
Well, I don't recall reading much crying that the Bentley owns all. Yet its gets nerfed, because apparently a handful of the world's "best" league racers complained they cannot beat it.

I've have been enjoying driving other cars, but its pain in the arse having to tune cars for tracks where I already had a prefered car with tune.

Anyone who seriously believes I am complaining because I can no longer win races, without the Bentley, is an idiot.

My whole complaint, is that the nerf was not needed. Regardless of BoP IRL. The people who couldn't beat Bentley's will now have a new car that they cannot beat. The car each good Bentley driver decides to use as their replacement. Will this replacement vehicle be complained about, and nerfed?

Post yours. (screenshot) You're the one who thinks I'm not pushing the car to the limits.

I just don't understand why it was changed to its real life stats, when the game is not a perfect reflection of real life racing. As has been mentioned earlier, cars are mixed with cars from different classes and years.

Yet this 1 car, has to be BoP'd to be more realistic, when it really wasn't the beast people make out.

I wasn't like any new player could jump into the Bentley and kick ass, just because of the car.Just a word of friendly advice, take a step away from the thread :). I'm not a mod and I don't want to be one, I'm just giving you advice as one forum member to another. You've said what you wanted to say and emotions are now kicking in. You don't have to reply, nobody will think any worse of you for not 'rising' to something somebody else has typed.

The same could be said for a lot of people in this thread to be honest.

Unless one of the SMS guys wants to chime in with something, I suspect the change in performance (nerfing, in your parlance) is here to stay and don't be too surprised if other cars have their performance characteristics changed in the future. You don't like it, some other folk don't like it, some do, whilst a lot of people will shrug their shoulders and wonder what the fuss is about :). It is, as you have rightly pointed out, just a game :).

azidahaka
26-10-2015, 11:53
I refrained from posting until now, but it's time to post my views since organizers of online leagues were called in.

I had a gt3 serie hosted on gtp and I welcome the Bentley nerf. I had 6 drivers of different skills get their times un all gt3 cars tuned an untuned on 12 different tracks.

Of 6, 4 agreed the Bentley was overall too good in all tracks, 2 said it was top tier but not dominating. In race simulations it proved really, really good and a well tuned one was almost impossible to overtake in many cars.

So my and other serie drivers and testers all agreed to leave it out for it granted a substantial advantage over the other cars, an advantage that was dlc only many pointed out.

We'll re-test again the car in next seasons and I'm sure now it'll be better balanced.

Good day.

hkraft300
26-10-2015, 16:49
I don't understand, I've had no advantage taken away. What advantage are you talking about?

One of my favourite cars has been nerfed, but I've not lost any advantage.

Then, again, what's the problem?
I raced for weeks with the Aus pCars ps4 club (on this forum). We ended up making a calendar where every regular participant chose a different car track combo. Forced us all to experience new cars and tracks.

This game is full of absolute gems. The Radical RX is a proper monster. BAC Mono does 1:25-6 around Laguna Seca and it's a bloody road car! And a sublime one at that. Saw 1 of the boys (ChrisK) do a 1:53 in the Sauber round Bathurst in a default setup the other night - I haven't beaten a 1:51 round the mountain in a P30, mind! Formula C at Zolder is a hoot. LMP2 at Oulton Park gets interesting - big fast car, narrow but deceptively grippy track...

Compared to some of the characters (cars) in this game, GT3 is practically a snooze-fest. Try some laps at Nordschleife in the Lotus 98T. That'll get your heart racing.

Expand your horizons, people.

TrevorAustin
26-10-2015, 19:04

I don't think that, but mountain out of a molehill or what, you've made your point, nobody else really cares and yet you go on and on. What do you think you're going to achieve?

balderz002
26-10-2015, 20:07
Expand your horizons, people.

Try the Lotus 49 at Cadwell Park!

hkraft300
27-10-2015, 01:43
Try the Lotus 49 at Cadwell Park!

I'm not smooth enough on the thumb sticks :(
Panic counter-steer, over-correct, fly backwards off the track in the wrong direction ... -_-

KrypticTMG
27-10-2015, 02:32

Not to sound like a noob m8 but before I got my wheel I was doing 2:04.2 around Road America on a pad in the Bentley and had guys from my league getting 2:02.9s which the Bentley was the only GT3 car capable of clocking that kind of time. A 2:04 was a quick time in the other GT3'S but in the Bentley before the patch a mid 2:04 is about a 1.3seconds off of what it should be doing.

KrypticTMG
27-10-2015, 02:36
Hopefully this might help for all those struggling with the Bentley after patch 5.0
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5UxdFBC7cA8&feature=youtu.be

MrBlacky
27-10-2015, 06:15
Not to sound like a noob m8 but before I got my wheel I was doing 2:04.2 around Road America on a pad in the Bentley and had guys from my league getting 2:02.9s which the Bentley was the only GT3 car capable of clocking that kind of time. A 2:04 was a quick time in the other GT3'S but in the Bentley before the patch a mid 2:04 is about a 1.3seconds off of what it should be doing.

That's why I was asking for his laptimes.

NeonFlux
27-10-2015, 09:22

Yh, I've noticed that too.... sometimes "fast" can be a subjective thing in that some cars will suit someone's driving style better than others. It can also depend on the tune and the track. I think someone mentioned earlier that the Bentley was unbeatable on Le Mans... I completely disagree as the Aston seems to work better for me round there.

I can see that some of the comments on here allude to something along the lines of "no one else cares, deal with it". Actually a fair few people in multiplayer are annoyed about this and most of the people who used the Bentley prior to patch 5 aren't using it any more (infact hardly anyone is using it anymore). The funny thing is though they are getting similar lap times in their "replacement" cars.

I only used the Bentley on 4 or 5 tracks and have found other cars that I can tweak to get similar times with but I think it's a real shame the car has been what I can only describe as butchered. This certainly isn't what the majority of people I race/know wanted. Many are now saying they won't be buying any more DLC.... their choice I guess and SMS's loss.

So where does this end exactly? Maybe they should just be done with it and make all the cars the same with no tuning lol.

Jussi Viljami Karjalainen
27-10-2015, 09:24
The point is, that the SLS has around 567 HP at peak and the Z4 492 HP.

That's just not fair even though the Z4 is lighter in weight. You have no chances overtaking a SLS on track when he does no mistake. On the other hand, the SLS just passes you on the next straight.The Z4 is mostly a downforce monster (and known for that IRL as well), it is exceedingly good in the corners, probably the second best in the whole class across DF settings. And yes, SLS's are difficult to overtake when they make no mistakes. You can find several onboard videos of GT3 races on Youtube showing drivers stuck behind SLS's for ages, closing the gap in the corners and under braking but getting left behind on the straights. That seems to be the nature of that car.
The SLS is also faster than the Bentley along the Kemmel straight at Spa now, significantly so. Re balancing wasn't necessary.The SLS is also by FAR the worst GT3 in the corners and under braking, and very very significantly so. The only thing it has going for it is straight line grunt, and it needs that advantage. The Bentley is actually one of the higher cornering grip cars in the class.

RTA nOsKiLlS
27-10-2015, 09:26
That's why I was asking for his laptimes.

And yet......still no screen shots of your TT laptimes.

Your just trying to get an argument going.

What does it matter?

It was a fair test that I did. Same car, same track, same driver. Pre/post patch. Post patch the car with the same driver, same track was 3 seconds per lap slower than pre patch.

So it will be slower for everyone. Even the people faster than me.

Just out of interest.....what is the fastest time on Road America on PC/PS4 in the McLaren Longtail? 1.47 or 1.48?

MrBlacky
27-10-2015, 09:27
The SLS is not that bad at cornering. It's on par or even faster than the Z4 in Brands Hatch for example.

Edit: you can see my laptimes in the leaderboard,I'm using my realname. I'm P1 on Spa with the Z4.

Shadowoff
27-10-2015, 09:34
The Z4 is mostly a downforce monster (and known for that IRL as well), it is exceedingly good in the corners, probably the second best in the whole class across DF settings. And yes, SLS's are difficult to overtake when they make no mistakes. You can find several onboard videos of GT3 races on Youtube showing drivers stuck behind SLS's for ages, closing the gap in the corners and under braking but getting left behind on the straights. That seems to be the nature of that car.The SLS is also by FAR the worst GT3 in the corners and under braking, and very very significantly so. The only thing it has going for it is straight line grunt, and it needs that advantage. The Bentley is actually one of the higher cornering grip cars in the class.

But the Z4 can also overtake the SLS on the straight, you only need the right Setup and I think thats the point...
With default Seup for the SLS and Z4 ist impossible to overtake the SLS for the Z4, but if you customize your Setup,
its easy. If I drive for (example) on the Nordschleife, I can easily overtake there a SLS on the straight...

Hint: Use always zero zero wings if you drive with the Z4 ;)

RTA nOsKiLlS
27-10-2015, 09:37
Hopefully this might help for all those struggling with the Bentley after patch 5.0
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5UxdFBC7cA8&feature=youtu.be

Whist I appreciate your trying to help, your laptime with the Bentley just shows its slow. (not you, the car) Before the patch, Xbox people could get 1.39/1.40 with the Bentley on Sakitto.

I prefer the Z4 on Sakitto where I will usually run 1.40.***.

RTA nOsKiLlS
27-10-2015, 09:39
The SLS is not that bad at cornering. It's on par or even faster than the Z4 in Brands Hatch for example.

Edit: you can see my laptimes in the leaderboard,I'm using my realname. I'm P1 on Spa with the Z4.

No I can't. Your on PC, im on Xbone.

I agree about the SLS on Brands Hatch though.

resmania
27-10-2015, 15:55
I find SLS's braking distance is 20~30m longer than other GT3 cars.

graveltrap
27-10-2015, 16:27
The SLS appears to have been faster than the Pre-patch Bentley on the majority of occasions, when you delve into the PC leaderboards, even at Bathurst where the Bentley has the turbo advantage (must be better controlled IRL But how?) it is just a couple of tenths quicker...

Of course the leaderboard may not be such a great place for comparison as you need the same driver putting in the same effort. The SLS may also be more difficult to extract a lap time out of, but it's ultimate performance is similar to that of the pre patch Bentley, should it also be neutered?

I think BoP is an interesting discussion both in the game and IRL, if the posturing and personal stuff is put to one side.

MrBlacky
27-10-2015, 17:07
No I can't. Your on PC, im on Xbone.

I agree about the SLS on Brands Hatch though.

Here you go.

RTA nOsKiLlS
27-10-2015, 17:53
Here you go.

Where are the Bentley times?

KANETAKER
27-10-2015, 20:10
The Z4 is mostly a downforce monster (and known for that IRL as well), it is exceedingly good in the corners, probably the second best in the whole class across DF settings. And yes, SLS's are difficult to overtake when they make no mistakes. You can find several onboard videos of GT3 races on Youtube showing drivers stuck behind SLS's for ages, closing the gap in the corners and under braking but getting left behind on the straights. That seems to be the nature of that car.The SLS is also by FAR the worst GT3 in the corners and under braking, and very very significantly so. The only thing it has going for it is straight line grunt, and it needs that advantage. The Bentley is actually one of the higher cornering grip cars in the class.

The SLS is just very fast on circuit with long straights: Monza, Nordschleife and LeMans. In the latter circuit (LeMans) it is where the SLS seems superior to other GT3 cars depending on your configuration, since the Aston Martin Vantage V12 is as fast as the SLS on the long straights of Le Mans (310-314 km / h ). However, I can see how some drivers have been able to match the performance of the SLS and Aston Martin at Le Mans win but focusing on speed and cornering stability/grip. A few weeks ago I was defeated by a player who rolled his McLaren 12c at 3:51 - 3:52 while I rolled with SLS in 3:52 - 3:53, and although McLaren in straight was slower than my SLS , the player going up for quite fast and stable cornering, including the ability to brake later than the SLS in some corners without losing control of the car.

Most whining against the SLS comes from people who have been defeated in those circuits that car, when they are just only 3, 4 or 5 circuits. I had the bad experience of being kicked out of a private online GT3 tournament because I won the first three races (out of 13 circuits) a private GT3 tournament using the SLS and other participants accused me to be competing with a "illegal/OP car", when they just had the bad luck that the first 3 races coincided with my 3 favorite tracks and where the SLS went very well: Imola, SPA, Nordschleide and LeMans. In fact I was expelled just before the 4th race in LeMans would, because I refused to change car or use the restrictor plate. Weeks later I was readmitted to the tournament, and although he did not use the restrictor plate I and NO winning races because they were circuits where the SLS was not higher than other cars, and also because the other participants were already training hard . Therefore, what of them was pure whining and excuses against me.

They assumed that I won with relative ease as the first 3 races of the tournament (and as they knew that I would win LeMans safely to be my best circuit) the rest of the tournament would be the same: "I won all races of the season, no one could give me fight". And it was a tournament organized by people who love to have variety of winners. and define the championship on the final day between 3 or more candidates.

mpadula
27-10-2015, 20:25
Muh Bentley!!

It was OP, now it's not. BoP happens all the time. nbd.

balderz002
27-10-2015, 20:29
BoP happens.

There's another tee shirt quote for the PCars apparel! Like it!

miagi
27-10-2015, 20:47
But the Z4 can also overtake the SLS on the straight, you only need the right Setup and I think thats the point...
With default Seup for the SLS and Z4 ist impossible to overtake the SLS for the Z4, but if you customize your Setup,
its easy. If I drive for (example) on the Nordschleife, I can easily overtake there a SLS on the straight...

Hint: Use always zero zero wings if you drive with the Z4 ;)

So Z4 with low df has a chance against the SLS with high df on the straights!? Well that is pointless because the SLs should be run with low df setup nearly everywhere. As everything above 0 on the front is less efficient in the end and the SLS is being run with low df settings in real life too

Shadowoff
27-10-2015, 22:30
So Z4 with low df has a chance against the SLS with high df on the straights!? Well that is pointless because the SLs should be run with low df setup nearly everywhere. As everything above 0 on the front is less efficient in the end and the SLS is being run with low df sNordschleife in real life too

The SLS is maybe running with a low down force Setup, but if you compare in RL the wings from the Z4 and the SLS, you can see that the Z4 has a flater wing then the SLS, for example 24 Hours of Spa the Z4 #46 overtaken there on the straight the SLS #99. And if I ask my friends who are driving with the SLS at Spa or the Nordschleife with how much wing they drive, theyve never answered zero zero.

Im sorry for my bad english...

AndrexUK
28-10-2015, 08:22
IMO the Bentley WAS too fast before it was re-balanced. Where I think now it's possibly a TINY bit below maybe half the other GT3's.
It has it's advantages (Cornering / mid range acceleration), and it has it's disadvantages (top end speed). but I do think it's where it should be.

The Merc? Yes, it's awesome on the straights, but that's the ONLY attribute that it excels at!
It's low / mid range acceleration is not that good (The gearing is non adjustable like irl).
I can't think of another GT3 car that has worse cornering (although it does feel stable).
So it needs the 'top speed trump card' to make it a viable choice.

At Monza, I'm quicker in the Audi (1:43.1) than the Merc (1:43.8).
The Audi has a lower top speed, but it gets there much quicker, and has much better cornering.

At Le-Mans, I'm slightly quicker in the Aston (3:51.5) against the Merc's (3:52.0).

And yet on both of these tracks, I would rather drive the Merc. I feel it's a very stable car that doesn't need too much setup tweeking.

I don't understand people when they suggest not running downforce on tracks like Spa / etc.
The only tracks I run 0 / 0, are Monza / Le-mans. At Spa, I am quicker using mid / high downforce (can't recall my lap times, but I would never run any car using 0 / 0 at Spa).

I'm not in the same league as F1-Masa.....(Actually, that's not true, I AM in the same league (AOR) and I came 2nd to him in our championship, so whilst I don't consider myself super fast, I'm not slow, and the results would suggest I understand setup)... But looking at his alien times at Bathurst, against a normal Fast person in the Bentley is not a fair comparison.

We banned the Bentley last season, but I'm 100% sure it will be available in Season 3.

TL : DR
Bentley is now balanced
SLS is also balanced
Good job SMS!

graveltrap
28-10-2015, 08:50
So if it's available and balanced will you will of course choose to use it in season 3? ;)

AndrexUK
28-10-2015, 09:07
Me? No!
But I would like to see some on the grid for S3.
I wouldn't have driven it in it's non Balanced form during Season 2 had it been available during season 2 anyway.
I don't seem to get the best out of it, but I have not spent that much time on her, as it doesn't really appeal to me / my driving style.
I drove her during a Bathurst event last week, but that was partly due to it being Turbo'd, and that I hadn't driven it during an event before (I like to switch between cars).
I came 2nd to a very similar paced driver using a RUF.

graveltrap
28-10-2015, 09:43
It will be interesting to see if anyone does choose to race it in the aforementioned league! :) Maybe you could let us know when the drivers have made their choices?

NeonFlux
28-10-2015, 09:46
I love how all the people who have hardly driven the car, fail to get the best out of it, have spent little if any time tuning it and have no future plans to use it are pleased that SMS have "balanced" it lol.... each to their own I guess :)

I'm surprised that no one seems to have similar views regarding GT1... ie the Longtail vs CLK

SpeedFreakDTM
28-10-2015, 10:12
I love how all the people who have hardly driven the car, fail to get the best out of it, have spent little if any time tuning it and have no future plans to use it are pleased that SMS have "balanced" it lol.... each to their own I guess :)

I'm surprised that no one seems to have similar views regarding GT1... ie the Longtail vs CLK

I dont see many lobbies for GT1 maybe its too fast for most people. Fast cars just mean I crash faster. ;)

AndrexUK
28-10-2015, 10:21
"but I have not spent that much time on her" is relative to the other cars.
I WANTED to drive either the Bentley or Aston, as I love their looks (And are British :) ) but it doesn't work for me.

During Pre-S3 car selection testing, I tuned each of the cars to the same level (aiming to achieve what I believe to be about 95%+ of MY best times on a number of tracks).
(Obviously the time that would be required to get 98-100% for every GT3 car on approx 4/5 tracks would take a considerably longer).
But as a rough idea, I would spend close to 1 hour per car per track. (I ran the Maclaren 12C in S1 + Audi Ultra in S2, so I want to drive something else)
So we are looking at approx 8 x 4 = 36 hours on testing. (probably closer to under 30 hours, as I started to rule out some cars part way through, out of preference - but the Bentley was not dropped).
If I wanted to get to 98%+, it would easily add an extra 30 mins+ on each session.
I then shortlisted 3 cars, (Bentley was dropped at this stage) and spent more time on the those.
So I would say I've probably spent about 4 / 5 hours on the Bentley (+ the Bathurst event where I guess I put another hour testing + the 20 lap race).

I'm 100% sure MANY others will get better performance from the Bentley than I do, but for me? I think MY testing tells ME that the GT3 field is currently very evenly matched!
(Maybe the Ginetta could do with an extra 25/35 bhp - but I believe 2 of our leagues fastest drivers will be taking the G55 for S3 - perhaps more for a challenge/fun than to be at the front. That said, I don't think it's anywhere near as bad as people think it is!!!).

hkraft300
28-10-2015, 10:36

I'm glad it's not getting the same scrutiny. I don't much care if they're "balanced" I'd prefer them to have RL specs and restrictions. I absolutely love the CLK (though my time in it is limited and I don't much know how to extract the most out of it lol) and I'll race it against the Long tails. Fast guys wI'll beat me regardless, but I love fighting out with the long tails, even with a pace disadvantage.

balderz002
28-10-2015, 10:52
I'm glad it's not getting the same scrutiny. I don't much care if they're "balanced" I'd prefer them to have RL specs and restrictions. I absolutely love the CLK (though my time in it is limited and I don't much know how to extract the most out of it lol) and I'll race it against the Long tails. Fast guys wI'll beat me regardless, but I love fighting out with the long tails, even with a pace disadvantage.

As they say, its not always about the destination, its the journey. I would rather have fun finishing 10th, than be miles ahead, bored and win in this game!

Raven403
28-10-2015, 11:17
As they say, its not always about the destination, its the journey. I would rather have fun finishing 10th, than be miles ahead, bored and win in this game!

Thats the argument I'd use for why the Bentley shouldn't have been touched

MrBlacky
28-10-2015, 14:55
IMO the Bentley WAS too fast before it was re-balanced. Where I think now it's possibly a TINY bit below maybe half the other GT3's.
It has it's advantages (Cornering / mid range acceleration), and it has it's disadvantages (top end speed). but I do think it's where it should be.

The Merc? Yes, it's awesome on the straights, but that's the ONLY attribute that it excels at!
It's low / mid range acceleration is not that good (The gearing is non adjustable like irl).
I can't think of another GT3 car that has worse cornering (although it does feel stable).
So it needs the 'top speed trump card' to make it a viable choice.

At Monza, I'm quicker in the Audi (1:43.1) than the Merc (1:43.8).
The Audi has a lower top speed, but it gets there much quicker, and has much better cornering.

At Le-Mans, I'm slightly quicker in the Aston (3:51.5) against the Merc's (3:52.0).

And yet on both of these tracks, I would rather drive the Merc. I feel it's a very stable car that doesn't need too much setup tweeking.

I don't understand people when they suggest not running downforce on tracks like Spa / etc.
The only tracks I run 0 / 0, are Monza / Le-mans. At Spa, I am quicker using mid / high downforce (can't recall my lap times, but I would never run any car using 0 / 0 at Spa).

I'm not in the same league as F1-Masa.....(Actually, that's not true, I AM in the same league (AOR) and I came 2nd to him in our championship, so whilst I don't consider myself super fast, I'm not slow, and the results would suggest I understand setup)... But looking at his alien times at Bathurst, against a normal Fast person in the Bentley is not a fair comparison.

We banned the Bentley last season, but I'm 100% sure it will be available in Season 3.

TL : DR
Bentley is now balanced
SLS is also balanced
Good job SMS!

I think most of you don't get the point.

You're maybe right when you say that YOU are faster in the Audi in Monza than in the SLS. But have you tried the Porsche? Or the BMW? I Think it's quite obvious that you have no chance catching up an SLS with an Porsche or BMW. So I come to the simple conclusion that the cars are not balanced. I haven't driven Monza yet, but I think the pole position time in our league will be at least a second ahead of the fastest BMW/Porsche driver. That has nothing to do with "yea thats how the cars in real life are" or "well balanced". No, it's just an unfair advantage, because the difference in Power is so great.

On the other hand I have never driven on a track where the BMW/Porsches are superior to the SLS. The SLS is just strong on every track, because it has a lot of power and you can ride the curbs like there are no ones.
Just have a look at the NOS times. It's again the SLS which is way faster than all the other cars.

Raven403
28-10-2015, 15:28
I think most of you don't get the point.

You're maybe right when you say that YOU are faster in the Audi in Monza than in the SLS. But have you tried the Porsche? Or the BMW? I Think it's quite obvious that you have no chance catching up an SLS with an Porsche or BMW. So I come to the simple conclusion that the cars are not balanced. I haven't driven Monza yet, but I think the pole position time in our league will be at least a second ahead of the fastest BMW/Porsche driver. That has nothing to do with "yea thats how the cars in real life are" or "well balanced". No, it's just an unfair advantage, because the difference in Power is so great.

On the other hand I have never driven on a track where the BMW/Porsches are superior to the SLS. The SLS is just strong on every track, because it has a lot of power and you can ride the curbs like there are no ones.
Just have a look at the NOS times. It's again the SLS which is way faster than all the other cars.

With a Low downforce setup, on the RUF, I was able to stay close enough to the SLS on straights to take it in the corners. And it comes down to WHO is driving it, and what TUNE they're using. The cars all have the ability to be balanced in a series on different tracks with different conditions and so on.

TexasTyme214
28-10-2015, 17:49

Well the difference with GT1 is that hte CLK is more or less exact with the way it ran, but the F1 was given a lot of breaks left and right to help in keep up with the CLK. However, at least in my opinion, the F1 was helped too much. You can open the restrictor on the F1 a lot, and I think I remember that driver weight in the F1 is ignored/0 kg.

MrBlacky
28-10-2015, 17:54
With a Low downforce setup, on the RUF, I was able to stay close enough to the SLS on straights to take it in the corners. And it comes down to WHO is driving it, and what TUNE they're using. The cars all have the ability to be balanced in a series on different tracks with different conditions and so on.

Well, then the SLS was just driving full wings or full rear camber. It's a fact, that the SLS is way faster on straights than any other car.

Raven403
28-10-2015, 18:00
Well, then the SLS was just driving full wings or full rear camber. It's a fact, that the SLS is way faster on straights than any other car.

Yeah on straights maybe, especially now with the Bentley's power reduced, but it is not the best in the corners at all, which is why I still say its balanced out.

Just ice
28-10-2015, 18:13
AGREED

Omarlop
20-11-2015, 01:19
Please make the bentley more competitive as it was before!
Tyre heat is a little excesive!
Waiting for more GT 3 cars. Like Nissan Gtr, Ferrari 458 and Lamborghini. ����

RomKnight
20-11-2015, 21:04
The Bentley was BoP'ed as per real life. It was too good of a car.

Same just happened to the McLaren 650s IRL for Macau this weekend actually. They lost quite a bit in top speed (words of Alvaro Parente and he should know)

miagi
20-11-2015, 23:11
I doubt the heat is extensive for a soft tire. The actual problem is rather that everyone here got used to only ever drive the soft tires no matter what. Another problem is that the soft tires often only just get too high. What puts an inexperienced driver into a hard debate.

vahagn_hayk
21-11-2015, 02:06
Bentley still blows away the field IMO! in game
still on certain tracks ahead by 1-2secs! so Bentley still powerhouse. (question of setup and tune, but had Bathurst 2:03.xxx with Bentley a guy, and others behind him SLS 2:04.xxx and so on)
another guy on Brno with Bentley 1:58.xxx and rest behind him, early in the day on Dubai GP Bentley with 1:55-1:56.xxx, so stand on stating Bentley GT3 still blows away the rest of the field!
(this is on PS4 btw)