PDA

View Full Version : multi class and timed races

zuluulu
22-10-2015, 22:48
:confused:

hey Folks

now as there doesnt seem to be any talks or evolvement about this, I just wanted to know when will we be able to do proper multi class races in single player mode ??? OBVIOUSLY career deliver this feature for many endurance races so why no sp mode multi class ??? same goes for timed races which surprises me even more ? so will these features make it in the next patches ?
thx in advance

SUBGTRACER
22-10-2015, 23:42
I myself think they could struggle with the AI on this :( different AI running at variably different pace could cause Carnage .

Timed races would be nice.

hkraft300
23-10-2015, 00:35
Did a career race in the Palmer Jag at Sonoma last week.
Guess what: it was a timed race!

It's already in the game, which was a revelation. I wonder why it's not enabled in the other game modes...

SUBGTRACER
23-10-2015, 01:36
hmmmmm

hkraft300
23-10-2015, 01:40
hmmmmm

Indeed!

T0MMY
23-10-2015, 02:13
Multi class racing for quick race weekend will be awesome, the only we can play that is career mode or modifying the game files to put a few class of cars as a single class.

Timed race will be nice too, no idea why is that used in the career but not in quick race weekend.

hkraft300
23-10-2015, 02:55
Multi-class would be cool. When you choose "any" car field, is it easier to code in conditional AI car choices, depending on player cars chosen? Eg if player chooses open wheel, AI choose only open wheel from different classes, or if AI choose GT/LMP cars, AI choose the same "type", or same with road...
Or is it easier to code in the availability of multiple car classes?
If it was as simple as it seems, reckon SMS would've done it already.
Is it a hardware limitations issue?

T0MMY
23-10-2015, 04:15
Multi-class would be cool. When you choose "any" car field, is it easier to code in conditional AI car choices, depending on player cars chosen? Eg if player chooses open wheel, AI choose only open wheel from different classes, or if AI choose GT/LMP cars, AI choose the same "type", or same with road...
Or is it easier to code in the availability of multiple car classes?
If it was as simple as it seems, reckon SMS would've done it already.
Is it a hardware limitations issue?

I think it is the limitation due to the way they code the cars classification for now, the cars in game at the moment is just classed based on type (Prototype, GT, Touring) and class (GT3, GT4, LMP1). There is a third classification but I think that one was for multiplayer.

I did poke around and put a few GT3 and LMP2 to LMP1 class to try multi class racing, it was fantastic.

cunningham85
23-10-2015, 04:24
Career mode in the endurance racing you get multiclass?? Im a BMW M3 GT and im racing against GT4 and GT3 cars

T0MMY
23-10-2015, 04:49
Career mode in the endurance racing you get multiclass?? Im a BMW M3 GT and im racing against GT4 and GT3 cars

Yea but it will be nice to have that outside the career as well.

Slowsley
23-10-2015, 05:13
I did poke around and put a few GT3 and LMP2 to LMP1 class to try multi class racing, it was fantastic.

Is that right? Care to share how to do that?

T0MMY
23-10-2015, 07:18
Is that right? Care to share how to do that?

Send me a PM if you want to know how.

doodleco
23-10-2015, 07:33
Send me a PM if you want to know how.

Careful you'll start a stampede!

Slowsley
15-11-2015, 11:12
So now that we have timed races (thank you a ton!), selecting specific classes to race against is the next logical evolution for all of us solo moders, right?

We're so, so close to full sim, let's put a bow on this thing for the holidays and hit the tarmac in 2016 with some full on enduros! Wha-du-ya say?

Mahjik
15-11-2015, 14:44
Guys, rank it up over here: http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?35783-Your-top-3-suggestions-rankings-in-OP