PDA

View Full Version : Zero Opponents on Multiplayer Screen

rhygate
23-10-2015, 00:06
Hi,

Since the last build, each time I check multiplayer I see 100+ games with zero participants. I am at the latest build 5.0.0.0.1103. Anything I am missing something?

------------------
CPU AMD A10 6700 3.69GHz, 8 GB Memory, Graphics : NVIDIA 550Ti Driver 340.52, Win 8.1 64

In-game settings: DX11/DX11MT -skipcrowds | 1920x1080 | Texture Res HIGH | Anisotropic 8x| VSync Yes | AA DS2X | SMAA High
Reflections LOW | EnvMap LOW | Car Detail Low | |Track Low | Shadows Low| Motion Blur Off

TwilightUA
23-10-2015, 12:45
Check your search filter, probably it's set to "current" car class, change it to "any".

AlanK
23-10-2015, 14:03
I get this all the time since patch 5. I find that exiting from the online multiplayer lobby and then going back in fixes it (for that visit).

Motorhead Racer
23-10-2015, 19:51
I am currenlty having this issue, its either none or maybe one or two lobbies that show.. even at what should be peak times

Bruusie
23-10-2015, 23:39
Same here...just gave up on it.

The races I did have all crashed or locked everyone into the finish screen. Looks a little broken :(

Flihp
24-10-2015, 12:14
Same, 103 online games and just 4 drivers around,

and i did scroll down to the bottom, all empty.

TwilightUA
24-10-2015, 12:26
^ I'm having an exact issue, ~100 games, most of them are empty\pass protected dedicated servers. But if I spam refresh button, sometimes I see ~140. It started yesterday iirc.

nono782
24-10-2015, 13:02
Plus my wheel does not work everytime.
You are happy to find a lobby, you enter it and... your wheel does not work.
Great, you relaunch the game and you can't see the lobby.
Bug + bug + bug...

MJP
24-10-2015, 15:14
^ I'm having an exact issue, ~100 games, most of them are empty\pass protected dedicated servers. But if I spam refresh button, sometimes I see ~140. It started yesterday iirc.

Glad to see it's not just me, all the usual empty dedi servers show but you only seem to get a maximum of 2 servers showing which actually have drivers in them. You can mess around with the filters to get other servers to show (assuming they match the filter) but it always seems to show a maximum of 2 servers with drivers each time. The servers are out there just can't get more than 2 populated ones to show at a time. This seemed to start somewhere around 9PM GMT yesterday, the lobby had seemed normal and I had done a few races no problems up until then.

Bruusie
24-10-2015, 17:24
Glad to see it's not just me, all the usual empty dedi servers show but you only seem to get a maximum of 2 servers showing which actually have drivers in them. You can mess around with the filters to get other servers to show (assuming they match the filter) but it always seems to show a maximum of 2 servers with drivers each time. The servers are out there just can't get more than 2 populated ones to show at a time. This seemed to start somewhere around 9PM GMT yesterday, the lobby had seemed normal and I had done a few races no problems up until then.

Completely same experience for me too...hope it's fixed soon

Neil Bateman
24-10-2015, 17:30
I got it also, whats in the filter makes no difference at all, first it will come up with a few servers if you use a filter option or not, join one that comes up to see if you want to join, if not come out and its down to just 2 servers with drivers, its always just 2 servers and one always seems to have a password, refresh and get quite a few more then refresh again and back to 2 servers.

F2kSel
24-10-2015, 21:12
Does anything in this game work as it should.
I haven't touched it for a week after getting load of track loading errors and when I do I can only see two servers.

This has to be the most unstable game I've ever purchased every time you try it it becomes an adventure.
How can it be taken seriously when nothing works for two days in a row?

ELMuerto
24-10-2015, 21:21
Same problem here. Asked a friend to also have a look and its the same for him.
First time I have seen this problem whas of thuersday the 22 oct.

Almost looks like nobody is playing the game any more.

F2kSel
24-10-2015, 21:39
I just checked the dedicated servers and it shows almost 30 racers but I only see a total of about 7 people in game http://cars-stats-steam.wmdportal.com/index.php/servers

72bluenova
24-10-2015, 22:05
I get the same issue as well. Only shows 2 servers with people, one is usually password protected. Starting to lose faith on this game, sucks, because I enjoy it.
I even went and checked my port forwarding had not change as far as Steam required ports, etc.

Amik
24-10-2015, 22:24
found a quick fix. When i searched for different car classes, i got different results on lobbies:)

Neil Bateman
24-10-2015, 22:47
found a quick fix. When i searched for different car classes, i got different results on lobbies:)

Was rather hoping you would not have worked that one out.

Engine Of Darkness
24-10-2015, 22:53
Still, even if you search for Car Classes, the amount is way to low - e.g. if I search for GT 3 (because that is, it seems the most used class) I only get two games with people in it (both password protected ...)

These numbers make NO sense if you look at this: http://steamcharts.com/app/234630

And I have my doubts that like 99% of those are single player, especially because its the week-end... probably something with the steam/ steam-implementation in pcars

Edit: It's weird that its always two servers with people only (anyone had any more than 2 with people in?), as if someone screwed up some filtering logic somehow in some backend - process...

Amik
24-10-2015, 22:55
Ye, i figured out you probably wont get all the rooms.

The search is more effective if you get help from Your friends over steam though. Works well for me.

Bruusie
24-10-2015, 23:13
Crapping hell.....wasted a whole evening trying to get into multiplayer...missed the league races I have practiced for this week and when I finally get in to one of only two occupied races out of a 100 lobbies I have no controls...what a piece of sh*t this multiplayer game can be.

You may have detected I am not too happy :(

F2kSel
24-10-2015, 23:31
Don't worry I'm sure there will be some more DLC you can buy soon maybe that will include MP.

Engine Of Darkness
24-10-2015, 23:33
Crapping hell.....wasted a whole evening trying to get into multiplayer...missed the league races I have practiced for this week and when I finally get in to one of only two occupied races out of a 100 lobbies I have no controls...what a piece of sh*t this multiplayer game can be.

You may have detected I am not too happy :(

Funny you say that. Heres my story just now

Starts Game
at most only two lobbies with anyone inside
finally finds lobby and joins session in progress, no controls work (g27 - nothing works)
Fine, I'll restart
Restart game
Joins Server
cannot vote to start OR join sessions in progress
Joins different server, waits out 50 Second Countdown with another guy
Starts game, FFB feels weird at the start line (praying everything works)
First corner, GREY LINE IN FFB WINDOW, going mad, slacking the game off in chat
trying to quit game, hangs up, need to open up taskmanager, starting to go ballistic
making rage post
Story of my life.

----

And no, I will not consider being "nicer". I was being nice "acceppting" a plethora of bugs appearing out of nowhere since like release of the game, reporting on some bugs since pre-release days.

There is only so much I will take until I explode.

HOW about giving some asked for respect first by just having the game work without restarting, without random new ****** like controls not working, FFB being messed up, suddenly almost no online games being found anymore, ... ?

TurboNoob
25-10-2015, 00:15
What a wonderful story...neverending story... What a wonderful game. This is unique bugs, you can`t find such bunch of bugs in other race games, this innovations collected for 4 years, only here, only now, buy it. We are the five, made by Racers for Racers etc...........................
Same here :dread:

M-PowerX
25-10-2015, 06:38
Hello, I have the sam problem here, no matter what I do I only get a couple of lobbies with someone in it.

Krobo
25-10-2015, 07:11
Mine just started showing all the servers with players again !

116 servers shown, first 15 or so all showing players again like it used to ..

no filters used just default , all day it showed only 2 servers with players now it seems back to normal ..

hope its fixed for everyone !

321Respawn
25-10-2015, 14:01
It isn't

F2kSel
25-10-2015, 14:26
Working fine here, hang on wait a a second, no it isn't after hitting refresh it now only shows two populated servers.
At least if I keep hitting refreash 10-120 times I sometimes get a full list unlike yesterday where it was locked at two.

72bluenova
25-10-2015, 14:51
Just checked, same BS, 2 servers with players...I guess will have to watch the F1 race.

321Respawn
25-10-2015, 15:24
Just checked, same BS, 2 servers with players...I guess will have to watch the F1 race.
Ugh F1 has gotten so boring that clicking refresh would be more fun .

Th3Pr0ph3cy
25-10-2015, 20:26
Same problem here, only 2 Servers with Players showing up. All others are zero. Changed Servers location at Steam, won't fix the problem - I only got at least 2 different servers...

Would be very nice if this could be fixed asap...

and the Filters are working great ... if "great" means "not" in this case! Look at this Screenshot I took, after trying to fix the server problem with filter settings recently...

This problem occurs first time on last monday...it's no fun at all!

erickgoldner
25-10-2015, 20:44
Well, it's quite incredible that Dedicated servers were introduced on patch 3 and we're on patch 5 now and they were not inserted on the Filter options!

So you're seeing those different classes servers on your list despite selecting GT3 because they're dedicated servers.

Quite amazing :confused:

Th3Pr0ph3cy
25-10-2015, 21:34
Well, it's quite incredible that Dedicated servers were introduced on patch 3 and we're on patch 5 now and they were not inserted on the Filter options!

So you're seeing those different classes servers on your list despite selecting GT3 because they're dedicated servers.

Quite amazing http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/images/smilies/confused.png

Don't get the funny part of your posting... Fact is the server list is not working. I don't care when dedicated servers were added to this buggy piece of Software. If I tried to make a list with the bugs occurring during the sessions for one Day, I just run out of paper for my printer after two days... thats quite amazing :mad: (sorry that I can't write -> Oh hell what a wonderful game, it works like a charm, it's the best racing game out of the planet...maybe if kazunori yamouchi will take the lead for future releases...)

erickgoldner
25-10-2015, 22:21
Don't get the funny part of your posting... Fact is the server list is not working. I don't care when dedicated servers were added to this buggy piece of Software. If I tried to make a list with the bugs occurring during the sessions for one Day, I just run out of paper for my printer after two days... thats quite amazing :mad: (sorry that I can't write -> Oh hell what a wonderful game, it works like a charm, it's the best racing game out of the planet...maybe if kazunori yamouchi will take the lead for future releases...)

You said the filters are not working.

And they are not working because the Dedicated servers (which have a different symbol for them on the far right) are not inserted into the filters!

They had 2 patchs to do that and they didn't. That's the funny part.

ahf74
25-10-2015, 23:21
I too feel the same, I see only two sessions with people others are empty servers.
And on some occasions the wheel (G27) does not respond to to compete, the only way to resolve it is to kill the process, or not responding Esc, or anything and re-run the game.

Neil Bateman
26-10-2015, 00:07
If this is not fixed ASAP, and before everybody cant be bothered trying to find races anymore its another nail in the coffin.

ahf74
26-10-2015, 00:21
Yes please take a patch as soon as possible, even a patch 5.1
It is not the subject of the post, but I'm seeing a lot lag in online games, it would be great if you can improve or put some filters to enter a room with a ping no longer than 300 ms.

Mahjik
26-10-2015, 01:35
Yes please take a patch as soon as possible, even a patch 5.1

This is likely a Steam Networking problem rather than a pCARS problem. This didn't start immediately when Patch 5.0 came out 2 weeks ago and the code didn't magically morph since then.

It is not the subject of the post, but I'm seeing a lot lag in online games, it would be great if you can improve or put some filters to enter a room with a ping no longer than 300 ms.

You do know you can limit the servers you see based on pings via Steam settings?

ahf74
26-10-2015, 01:53
Mahjik Thanks for the info, really thought it was CPRSI problem, had changed servers downloads and continuing with the same problem, in this post there are many who feels the same and different regions also. Then you have to make a claim to the people of Steam.
About Ping, is the existence of that parameter but did not know what influenced the game, I'll try to touch it and see what happens.
As a curiosity, if I tildo the unloading area in my area (Argentina), the all red bars appear, if I change to Spain and Portugal are all green.

Flihp
26-10-2015, 01:55
So Mahjik, have you experienced the same issue and likewise sms staff experienced the issue or is it just some of us only? Looking at posters locations we seem a bit widespread to be a localised networking issue and therefore I would expect more people to be affected since it's likely a steam issue. I know there has been a few steam updates lately, maybe one of those crapped itself or possibly set the server latency at a default low as you suggested can be done above. I will definitely look at this when I get home. Thanks for the suggestion on been able to do this.

Flihp
26-10-2015, 09:45
Just a quick heads up. when i tried this evening the issue was still there. decided to validate integrity and 7 files failed. update 3.8mb and now its somewhat working but only a handful of servers. not as much as i used to see a few weeks back thought.

give it a try if you are still having the issue.

Phil

Mahjik
26-10-2015, 12:00
So Mahjik, have you experienced the same issue and likewise sms staff experienced the issue or is it just some of us only?

Everyone is experiencing it from time to time.

ELMuerto
26-10-2015, 14:32
Is there a place where we can see if the 'BUG' is under investigation?

Really hope this issue will be resolved ASAP, Online playing is just not possible ATM.
Would like to see an official reply from the Project Cars team.

321Respawn
26-10-2015, 14:46
Yes it is most likely a Steam issue and not Pcars since patch 5.0 has been out for a while and there were no problems .
I recall Steam updating some time last week but I did not play Pcars until the weekend when I discovered this problem otherwise I would have noticed it earlier .
As Mahjik said it is unlikely that Pcars suddenly crapped itself .
As for location I am in South Africa and the one thing we all have in common is that everyone complaining is on PC which means Steam .
If there were a multitude of PS and Xbox people complaining then it would be more likely Pcars that is at fault .

TwilightUA
26-10-2015, 14:54
Could be steam, I agree. For now I can see most (all?) rooms. +-130

72bluenova
26-10-2015, 15:22
Just went to try, 132 rooms all empty. Region on my Steam is NY

F2kSel
26-10-2015, 16:24
If it is steam which it probably is why no official comment in nearly four days.
Why aren't they banging on steams door to fix the issue as anyone with any sense won't recommend this game while these issues persist, it's already got a bad reputation for being unreliable and now this.

Mahjik
26-10-2015, 16:36
Why aren't they banging on steams door to fix the issue

How do you know they aren't?

F2kSel
26-10-2015, 16:41
Maybe they are but I'd expect a comment by now rather than just leave people hanging and coming up with their own thoughts.

Mahjik
26-10-2015, 16:56
Maybe they are but I'd expect a comment by now rather than just leave people hanging and coming up with their own thoughts.

SMS has never posted comments in every thread. When Ian isn't busy or traveling, he makes the occasional post, but the devs will not be commenting on every post/issue directly. You aren't going to see the same interaction as you did during WMD.

Krobo
26-10-2015, 17:33
My bet is STEAM as well .. over the weekend in my time zone USA Pacific , right after midnight the servers all came back, happened Sat night and Sun night !, but during the day/morning/evening the bug was back ,if you can call it a bug .. with just the 2 populated servers ..

from 12am to 2am all the populated servers were there working like normal..

IMO Something's up with the steam network ...
*********Edit*********

now Monday 11:40 am All servers showing up properly !! lets hope they found the issue and fixed it ! could have been knobody showed up to work the weekend ! lol
:p

TurboNoob
26-10-2015, 18:13
I found one of the possible solutions ! :rapture:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=26uAPz8qXWA&feature=youtu.be

rhygate
26-10-2015, 19:14
Sorry to start such a fuss. Is there a specific steam setting that can improve things? If not how can we comment to steam?

Scott Coffey
26-10-2015, 19:49
I found one of the possible solutions ! :rapture:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=26uAPz8qXWA&feature=youtu.be

I lol'd. Not much help though.

321Respawn
27-10-2015, 15:50
So what I noticed is this .
If you choose a class that nobody is using ie karts then it will show empty and mostly private lobbies of every class except the one you have chosen .
If you choose a common one such as GT3 then it will populate 2 lobbies of your chosen class and then the rest will be empty and mostly private .
I clicked through most of them before finally clicking on current when it suddenly had a bunch of lobbies visible but still many were private .
I quit out and relaunched the game and found it still had populated servers .
I don't know why it suddenly worked it all seems random .

Diluvian
27-10-2015, 19:12
[e] [edit2] bla. keep up the good work.

Krobo
27-10-2015, 19:19
I don't think anything you do in the lobby with filters or voodoo makes any deference ..
Its a STEAM issue and seems to be resolved , well for now and for me anyway .. :playful:

servers are showing as they should ..

Scott Coffey
27-10-2015, 19:25
I've found that I don't have to refresh as many times to find > 2 servers.

321Respawn
27-10-2015, 20:15
Still broken and I noticed when it shows only 2 servers all the empty ones are yellow and it seems to take longer than it used to before it shows the servers.After a bunch of refreshes more servers show but most are private .

F2kSel
27-10-2015, 21:06
I can get in races now, still not perfect but even then I'm now seeing most players ping is red which didn't seem an issue when qualifying but when the lights come on it's a shambles.
Some cars are leaving 2-3 secs before everyone else and not getting penalties, I'm still seeing the sync message.

When you come round on the first lap there must have been 8 stalled cars on the grid with no warring message it was a right mess.

Oh and in the one full race I had where I finished second and was placed third the last guy won the race and the car that finished first was placed second.

Scott Coffey
27-10-2015, 22:11
^^ I reckon about one race out of 6 or 7 has 1st and 2nd swapped around the wrong way.

F2kSel
28-10-2015, 14:21
Something seems to have happened after a small update.

I now see populated servers most are green but now there are no empty ones.
I clicked refresh around 20 times and only got populated servers which for me is better than reams of empty ones.

I guess the empty ones will come back on line over a period of time, it will also be interesting to see if that brings back the two server issue.

Time will tell.

Scott Coffey
28-10-2015, 18:16
Same here. There was a Steam update last night that seemed to improve things a bit (didn't have to refresh as often) and then after the small game patch today things are back to normal.