PDA

View Full Version : Re-assigning buttons?

andybell
23-10-2015, 07:14
Hi,

I'm coming back to PCars after playing quite a bit of Forza 6 and wanted to match some of the button assignments, I was trying to make RB my 'look back' button but for the life in me can't figure out how to change it. For some reason it was always setting it to 'A'

Is this possible? If so does anyone have any instructions for a slightly daft British bloke?

Thanks.

rotorrian
23-10-2015, 07:25
Sorry I don't have a Xbox but its in the options menu > Controller > Contoller mappings on the PS4 then you would press 'A' on the one you want to change then press RB

Raven403
23-10-2015, 13:33
Sorry I don't have a Xbox but its in the options menu > Controller > Contoller mappings on the PS4 then you would press 'A' on the one you want to change then press RB

Thats how it works on Xbox too.

Fractured Life
23-10-2015, 15:04
From pad or wheel?

On Pad I've been able to change a bunch of stuff without any issue. Select what you want to assign whatever button to, press A so it 'records' what you press, press the button you want to map. If its always setting to A its maybe registering a double tap or somehow your pressing of A is both opening the menu and being recorded as the selected button mapping.

Only ever had issues with FORGETTING to remap something after a change :)

Hopefully you get that sorted but apparently keyboard support is on the way anyways!

andybell
26-10-2015, 08:31
Thanks for the replies guys, I'll have to give it another go and see if I can work it out.

Andy.

STEELJOCKEY
26-10-2015, 09:26
Once you're happy with the buttons you've mapped you might still need to follow this procedure for saving them unless it's been fixed in patch 5.0

Once happy with assignments, hit menu on controller/wheel, go down to options, hit 'a', then 'b' to back out of menus

McLari
29-10-2015, 08:49
AS far as I know, button re-mapping will only be possible on the XO after the Windows 10 update. I'm using a Fanatec CSW and it's impossible to map any function under RB, RT etc. The only controller capable of doing this is the overpriced new controller Microsoft announced. Correct me if I'm wrong.

andybell
29-10-2015, 08:51
I still can't get it to assign anything after following above instructions. I'll just stick with how it is I think.

When i do try assign something it won't let me exit as it says I have unassigned buttons so I have to quit the game and start it again to get back to racing.

Maybe I'm just stoopid.

bluesky0870
29-10-2015, 09:08
I still can't get it to assign anything after following above instructions. I'll just stick with how it is I think.

When i do try assign something it won't let me exit as it says I have unassigned buttons so I have to quit the game and start it again to get back to racing.

Maybe I'm just stoopid.

It looks like you simply forgot to reassign buttons that you had unassigned by "swapping" buttons to other functions. Go through every single position and have a look where is missing a assigned button. If you like post them here or simply post a picture of your button configuration screen, so someone can tell you where a assigned button is needed.

andybell
29-10-2015, 10:13
Cheers, I might just give that a go.

inthebagbud
29-10-2015, 10:24

Maybe I'm just stoopid.

You do not need to remap the unassigned buttons.... when you have made you assignments hit the menu button to open the menu in top right corner and select options and help and this will back you out of the settings screen and your new assignments will be remembered.....but every time you go back into the controls setting page you will get the "not all required controls are assigned" message and you use the menu button option to back out each time

All as steeljockey said in post 6