PDA

View Full Version : Zandvoort?

NemethR
23-10-2015, 09:05
Devs this is the most that i can do to bring Zandvoort to the game.
Ive made the first contact and they say there positif to add the track to the game.
Heres the answer.

Dank voor uw bericht aan Circuit Park Zandvoort.

Circuit Park Zandvoort is nog niet benaderd voor Project CARS. Wij staan hier wel positief tegenover.

Met vriendelijke groet,

Exploitatie Circuit Park Zandvoort B.V.

Kees Koning
Media Co÷rdinator

cid:image002.jpg@01CE6846.270BFEA0
T: +31 23 5740 740
F: +31 23 5740 741
P.O Box 132, NL-2040 AC Zandvoort
Burgemeester van Alphenstraat 108
2041 KP Zandvoort
www.circuit-zandvoort.nl

Its up to you.

I found this post, and I am very surprised nobody responded to this one. (mods/devs)
So what we know from this is, that SMS did not contact Circuit park Zandvoort yet, but they are standing positively to being included in Project Cars.

Maybe it would be time to contact them :)

Robhd
23-10-2015, 09:52
Zandvoort would be a brilliant... Running historics there would be awesome!

balderz002
23-10-2015, 11:12
SMS could be in contact with them, without telling us. But then, they could've been in correspondence, and due to costs, said 'thanks, but no thanks'. Maybe it would take to long to do from scratch for PCars 1, so are saving it for 2?

NemethR
23-10-2015, 11:15
SMS could be in contact with them, without telling us. But then, they could've been in correspondence, and due to costs, said 'thanks, but no thanks'. Maybe it would take to long to do from scratch for PCars 1, so are saving it for 2?

You clearly did not read the OP :P

Why would it take to long to make it for PCars1? Come on...

Cheesenium
23-10-2015, 11:34
You clearly did not read the OP :P

Why would it take to long to make it for PCars1? Come on...

Because a finished version of Zandavoort won't appear immediately in game just because you signed the agreement for the track license.

It will still take months to build the track from scratch where Kunos took 2 years to build their Nords and 9 months for their Barcelona. Most tracks in Pcars also takes a few months to complete.

It is a track I want in the game but if it hasn't licensed and started by now. It is unlikely we will see it in Pcars 1.

Also, what's the purpose of starting this thread when there is already a track suggestion thread? Are we going to have threads to ask for Fuji Speedway, Serbring, Shanghai and other tracks now?

Gejabo
23-10-2015, 11:54
I work as a Surveyor in the Netherlands and already send an Email tot SMS.
Offering to gather laser-scan data of the track.

But sadly no response.

balderz002
23-10-2015, 11:59
Sorry Nemeth, but my Dutch is a little rusty. :p

NemethR
23-10-2015, 12:00
Because a finished version of Zandavoort won't appear immediately in game just because you signed the agreement for the track license.

It will still take months to build the track from scratch

Yes, lets make 6 months... That is April 2016. I don't see your point.

Also, what's the purpose of starting this thread when there is already a track suggestion thread?

Because this is not a request.

balderz002
23-10-2015, 12:03

That would be provided SMS have chaps sat around not doing tracks already, which I doubt.

Sloskimo
23-10-2015, 13:52

Of course it is a request, the fact some circuit, in some way, somehow might be open to be in a game, does not mean it is going to be. Hence it is a request, the fact they are open to it changes nothing.

Anchorman
23-10-2015, 14:11
Nice live pit webcam at Zandvoort

http://www.cpz.nl/nl/pitcam?lang=NL

Don't forget to toggle HD

NemethR
23-10-2015, 14:19
Of course it is a request, the fact some circuit, in some way, somehow might be open to be in a game, does not mean it is going to be. Hence it is a request, the fact they are open to it changes nothing.

Did I say everywhere, Please SMS put Zandvooert in the game?!
No I did not, hence this is not a request, but an info.

Sloskimo
23-10-2015, 14:28
Yeah, your mind works in special ways, but don't worry about it, I'm not judging you, it's just an "info" :P

Cheesenium
23-10-2015, 14:49

Why do you think it will be finished by April 2016? Because you want it and it has to be done by then?

What about references of the track? Laser scan? CAD files? Photo references? Driver feedback as Ben, Nick, Oli and so on might had driven there before?
How about man power? Are you suggesting that the people who are making Indy, NASCAR, classic track content and everything else that we do not know should put down their work to build Zandavoort for you? Right, lets delay the NASCAR and Indy content for a month or so because out mate here wants Zandavoort.
What about track assets? That needs time to create because pcars does not have a track that is set in sand dunes for now.
How does this fit into the DLC plan? What cars will go with it?
How about various miscellaneous aspects like optimisations, AI, day night cycle and so on? That also need people and time to implement.

Even you have the track licensed and paid off today, there is no guarantee that it will be finished by the date you set.

Why isnt this a request? Mind explaining it?

You know what, I have a contact of a local company in Malaysia who might be able to do Sepang via laser scanned/LIDAR with a drone mounted LIDAR that is a lot faster and cheaper than conventional LIDARs. I had proposed to SMS for Sepang laser scanned right in WMD 2 years back where Ian Bell did said to me, if they need it, they will contact me.

They have no obligation to respond to every contact. Maybe they had missed it. Maybe they have other plans that is in motion for it. I do not know but at least I do not go around demanding them to make Sepang for me because I have some info.

As usual, NemethR, you are selfish and entitled as you think someone sent an email to the track authority and a surveyor willing to laser scan it, that means the track is licensed and it is in development.

balderz002
23-10-2015, 15:59
Bit strong there Cheese!

Roger Prynne
23-10-2015, 16:09
Well SMS won't give you any information about this sort of thing anyway, and to be honest it's none of your business, this isn't the development forum.

So thread closed before it gets mad in here.