PDA

View Full Version : Public lobbies = destruction derby

Apoov
23-10-2015, 18:11
Been playing the game since release and dispite all the bugs it has been the best racing game ever on consoles (PS4)!
Just bought a t300 a couple weeks ago and I'm enjoying it even more now.
As the time's gone by, more and more rammers and other incapable drivers have found their way into the public lobbies. It now is in an unplayable state! Just tried to have a one decent race spending three hours trying to have some fun. All I can say, It has become a pure destruction derby! No matter if the damage is on or driving aids are off, these rammers ruin every race.
The online reputation was designed to make sure that the rammers could have a party of their own bit it was never introduced and probably never will. I race in a league at evenings if I have time, but usually I try to have a couple of races in a day in the public lobbies. Looks like there is little point trying to do that anymore...
What a shame. This could have been so much fun. But it's stopped being that. Again, the online reputation would be the only way to resolve this but my guess is that there's not enough players left to devide them based on the reputation.
What a shame... Sigh.

McSoulSuckerrr
25-10-2015, 05:30
Maybe its because we are on the same platform(ps4) I couldent agree more there is too many rammers. Its a shame because its a great racinggame with a lot to offer if ppl whould only apriciate it for the racing, and not care so much about winning. But in my experience Theres no winning in online public matches. Sure you can get Lucky to win a race, but the better you are the more ppl hate you, and are going for you. I really wish SMS whould update the game with some collision-off options for online matches. Its not everyones cup of tea, but it just takes away all the aggrevation/frustration, and makes online bareble

Fanapryde
25-10-2015, 08:02
You are both on PS4 ?
Both platforms show PC, just saying...:cool:

Apoov
25-10-2015, 16:25
Changed ��

M-Bimmer
26-10-2015, 15:15
Midnight is the best time (cet) ... Playlist below to back me up :cool:

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLAfkVSnGo_RrAt71coum-_UNhfbna2yDp

MortICi
26-10-2015, 19:39
I play on PC, I just race. Even if I get rammed or whatever, I just keep pushing forward. I have been wrecked twice to last place, and simply finishing the race resulted in a top 5 finish. Have the people quit because they can't be P1. I aggravates me even more when the top 3 players just drop after a spin or run wide. Dude just finish the race, I can mess up as well (and have!).

I think the main problem is the age group and interest level you might be playing with. There is a much wider and accessible audience, doesn't mean they have to play by the rules or have proper race craft, it is a game afterall.

I do agree that some sort of driver rating system at the end of race (even those that drop from the race) and matchmaking based on this would be better than just requiring league play.

For the most part all pub races I have had I enjoyed regardless of rammers, I do not acknowledge them. I do not yell or cuss, just keep racing pretending they didn't cause the issue, that it was my mistake. Yelling, cussing, acknowledging them in general makes them do it more because they are getting a response for their actions. The worst thing you can do to them is pertend like they aren't even there.

kirso
27-10-2015, 08:46
I am a recent convert to racing sims, and after a bit of "career" mode in SP , I thought it would be time for a bit of online time.
Now in no way do I think I have "mastered" this driving malarkey. But thought it would help me get better and gain some knowledge from the people who have been doing this for some while. So joined online games.
As stated in many posts. What a disappointment.
If you try to keep a good "safe" line you get rammed. It,s like fairground sim not racing.
I understand what MortICI is saying, but the reason I go online is to interact with real people. If I want to just ignore the others, then I may as well do free practice or single race.
I don't expect people to be perfect. I can understand getting it wrong into a corner or braking too late. I will do it often as a newbie. But you cant fit 5 cars in a 2 car space, so someone has to hold back at some point.
Without the ability to boot /ban players then you can not even try to setup a game for like minded racers. It will still attract the fair ground drivers.
Sorry if this just sounds like a rant, but as a 55 yr old bloke who has watched all the online games I ever liked go to pot cos of numpties. I hoped I had found something that could be both enjoyable to play and learn. But it seems like I may have been mistaken.:(

SlowBloke
27-10-2015, 08:55
You guys are not wrong - and the game design could definitely improve to make things easier for those looking for fair clean racing.

However there are like minded individuals out there who organise themselves to get the racing you are after.

Yes it means its not pick up and play when you fancy but I found it well worth the effort in reaching out to like minded organised people.... I was worried because Im frankly pretty slow I would not be wanted but Im having a blast when I can keep the car on the track and have some close racing.

Have a look here and see where you may fit in pending platform / preferences ?

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/forumdisplay.php?135-PS4-Multiplayer-Event-Planning
http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/forumdisplay.php?134-XB1-Multiplayer-Event-Planning
http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/forumdisplay.php?124-PC-Multiplayer-Event-Planning

kirso
27-10-2015, 09:17
The main problem I have with leagues etc, is availability.
I work shifts , so am not always able to commit to specific times.
What is needed is a server you know and trust that has rules that people follow. But without the ability to enforce rules its a no go.
I will carry on and hope that with the changes being talked about, the ban/kick option arrives soon.

kirso
29-10-2015, 06:43
Just another addition to this discussion though.
I need to point out that it looks to me that some of the "Ramming" is in effect innocent in nature.
Having seen it from both sides, I have been rammed and have had several situations where the car in front has slammed all on, and it was impossible to stop. So this results in me ramming him.
Now I don't know if this braking situation is just down to lag or if the driver in front is a " where theres blame theres a claim" Brigade and uses it as a tactic. I don't know.
But I hate the fact that I hit someone. But if you feel like you need to keep back at corners because of this, then how the hell am I gonna get past. :(
So don't be too hasty in condemning someone as a "rammer" when the kick/ban option comes in. Hopefully :)

ARNAGEist
29-10-2015, 11:40
I need to point out that it looks to me that some of the "Ramming" is in effect innocent in nature.
Completely agree there is a big difference between a racing incident, making a genuine mistake & deliberate ramming, some are not so obvious but others are more than obvious it's deliberate.
I try not to hit people but sometimes it happens just as with real racing (I'm not talking BTCC lol)
Why do people who have just come out the pits on cold tyres insist on purposely weaving right in front of you on a hot lap :mad:

I bet Doncaster has gone quiet after 558 was grounded :sorrow:

M-Bimmer
29-10-2015, 13:04
Completely agree there is a big difference between a racing incident, making a genuine mistake & deliberate ramming, some are not so obvious but others are more than obvious it's deliberate.
I try not to hit people but sometimes it happens just as with real racing (I'm not talking BTCC lol)

Why do people who have just come out the pits on cold tyres insist on purposely weaving right in front of you on a hot lap :mad:

Does this ring a bell? :hurt:
Watch what happened at turn one. This brings some old memories from Gran Turismo 5 especially at Suzuka and Fuji.
Don't really mind the GT concept...three tires off track the car turns ghost (simple and effective).

http://youtu.be/Y7ztJynYN58

Back to the guys on their out lap...:mad::mad: A N N O Y I N G.

kirso
31-10-2015, 19:12
As a newbie to PCars, can I ask what is the cause of the disappearing / appearing cars ?
I can understand cars disappearing cos the player has left or selected the pits. But what I don't understand is a car suddenly appearing in the middle of the track from nowhere.
Is it just a lag issue and there connection is just catching up or is there some other reason ?
I have just tried being in a few servers and they all had this issue. it would be nice if there was a value shown for peoples ping times rather than the bars that seem to update every 5 mins. :(
That way I could leave if I thought the lag was too excessive.
The experience of playing online as a new player is very bad, I am wondering if its time to try iRacing. :(

kirso
31-10-2015, 19:16
I bet Doncaster has gone quiet after 558 was grounded :sorrow:

Yes I remember when they took off all the time from Finningley. and when Lindholme was still an operating airfield :)
Its awful being an old git :loyal:

M-Bimmer
31-10-2015, 21:46
Here is a public lobby from today (after lunch). Usually i race at midnight and it is all good but racing this early today...i see why this thread exsists

http://youtu.be/W5bGC8FuWMo

TurboNoob
01-11-2015, 00:25
Here is a public lobby from today (after lunch). Usually i race at midnight and it is all good but racing this early today...i see why this thread exsists

Hostkick can help, lol, all waiting, lol, GL !
-online reputation - bad
-max possible collisions per race - bad
-transparent laggers - bad
Only Hostkick can help ! Host is God, host always good man, bad man cant be the host (in project car bad man can`t make room, PC artificial intelligence dissalow this function).
Host must watch all cars and kick crashers whole race. I beliave in this lol.

RTA nOsKiLlS
03-11-2015, 10:52

Nice driving, shame about the rest of them, LMAO

If you got all those players onto this forum, they would all claim to be clean racers. I think you stumbled across the league who complained about the Bentley's power, on a practise night, LOL.

I don't have as much patience as you do. I would have been removing them from the track and leaving them behind. People who understand what racing is and want to have a race themselves, don't drive like these fools.

This kick function cannot come soon enough. I don't care about any other bug at the moment, I just want to be able to remove the idiots from the lobby, instead of having to make them want to quit.......IRONHORSEm1919 knows what Im talking about. ;)

** That's not a "name n shame" its a "promotion" he is really so clean, really really fast, he would be a good addition to any league needing an A.I on the track. **

bozza72
07-11-2015, 03:32
clanaod.net is always recruiting clean drivers to join our leagues, we have a massive TS server & mostly friendly drivers

http://www.clanaod.net/forums/showthread.php?t=103441