PDA

View Full Version : Game is wrecked.. again

Motorhead Racer
23-10-2015, 19:48
I thought things were getting better?
Bugs had been fixed, many issues resolved, but suddenly they are creaping back...

When trying to find a lobby, only two ever show... even at peak times
Game freees or hangs on loading screens, leading to a force closure, or worse a PC reboot
Controller is suddenly no recognised, no controller input does anything, but keyboard and mouse still work fine... this also sometimes leads to the above issue when trying to close the game...

I know negatives posts are frowned upon but seriously.. I just want to know what is going on?
When it works, this is easily the best racer I have EVER played!

Roger Prynne
23-10-2015, 19:53
When trying to find a lobby, only two ever show... even at peak times
Have you changed the filters to 'Any Class'

Maybe a negative post, but at least you did it in a civilized way, not like some.

Motorhead Racer
23-10-2015, 19:54
Have you changed the filters to 'Any' car
Yes had this issue a few weeks ago, not the same issue, as one or two lobbies are showing, nothing to do with the car I am in etc

MAARTEN
23-10-2015, 19:56
Working just fine for me. Sounds like you got filtering the multiplayer and has not any on all. With your problem with the controller sounds like USB-problems. All problems isn't always this games fault, can be adressed to hardware, driver or Windows as well.

Roger Prynne
23-10-2015, 19:57
Is Steam pointing to the London Servers?

Edit: I just looked at the lobby's on my game and it shows 95 at the moment.

Motorhead Racer
23-10-2015, 20:02
Working just fine for me. Sounds like you got filtering the multiplayer and has not any on all. With your problem with the controller sounds like USB-problems. All problems isn't always this games fault, can be adressed to hardware, driver or Windows as well.

Pcars is the ONLY game that I have this issue... its starts by working fine but will randomly stop working

Roger Prynne
23-10-2015, 20:07
What USB port have you got your controller plugged into, 2.0 or 3.0?
As 3.0 has been known to cause problems for some.

Krus Control
23-10-2015, 20:42
I get this glitch where only 2 populated lobbies show. You need to refresh sometimes 10 times before it will show you all of the populated lobbies. This happens for me since 5.0.

Motorhead Racer
23-10-2015, 20:52
I get this glitch where only 2 populated lobbies show. You need to refresh sometimes 10 times before it will show you all of the populated lobbies. This happens for me since 5.0.

I refreshed some 20 odd times, no change
and I am using USB 2.0, I have 3.0 ports but they dont seem to work with the controller at all so don't bother with them

Vit7
23-10-2015, 21:05
I refreshed some 20 odd times, no change
and I am using USB 2.0, I have 3.0 ports but they dont seem to work with the controller at all so don't bother with them
Can you please change/edit topic to "Game is wrecked.. again (for me)" ?

Thank you

MJP
23-10-2015, 21:16

I've got this right now, for last 30mins the lobby has only shown 2 servers with drivers in them the rest are the usual empty dedi servers. Normally a refresh (or 2) gets a fuller list but not for me the last half hour.

Krobo
23-10-2015, 21:17
I must say for me the 5.0 patch has the game running better than it ever has for me and lots of servers .. also the old controller bug where it failed to recognize the peddles after a crash or even loose focus of the wheel in game is gone ! I have not had one lock up freez or anything ..

That said I am on a new install of windows and a new chip and board .. my old mobo was failing .. it would play rf2 and AC fine but I always had issues with pCars ?? I thinks its more demanding .. I did not know at the time that my system was slowly blowing it's self up haha ...

Im not saying the game is not broken for you but it might be something internal , you just never know ...

are all your drivers up to date?
windows updates ?
are you on a router ? are there newer drivers? might just have a look at some stuff , cant hurt , how full is your HD ectt...?

again my other games ran fine with a damaged system but not pCars ..

Fresh windows install all updates and new mobo & chip for me any and all issues I had before are all gone ..

Motorhead Racer
23-10-2015, 21:32
why change the title when its not JUST for me?! URGH!

and I pick one of those two little lobbies, run a race, dominate it... race finishes.... timer goes to zero while waiting for others to finish and then the game does not progress...

Im sorry but how the hell can it be my end? the game did work, I have changed NOTHING on the PC, kept everything up to date, why should I put up with this and stay silent? because it seems like you are trying to muffle my voice with the title change, you know I keep trying, I keep trying to be patient I keep waiting but its one thing atfer another, how much rubbish should I put up with? someone tell me because it IS getting rather stupid now

Roger Prynne
23-10-2015, 21:40
Really sorry about that... I thought it was you requesting the change by mistake.
I think I need some sleep :02.47-tranquillity:

VanquishedVantage
23-10-2015, 21:42
Really sorry about that... I thought it was you requesting the change by mistake.
I think I need some sleep :02.47-tranquillity:
Close your eyes, Roger.
Then you'll be sleeping in no time :D

Gavin Thomas
23-10-2015, 21:51
I've been getting all the same problems you are lately.

Roger Prynne
23-10-2015, 21:58
What lack of sleep.... :friendly_wink:

Vit7
23-10-2015, 22:00
I have changed NOTHING on the PC, kept everything up to date, why should I put up with this and stay silent?
You don't... but game work perfectly fine for me and many (majority ?) others. Your original topic very misleading to say at least.

John Hargreaves
23-10-2015, 22:04
If you bought a TV and only a few channels worked would that be ok?

Quite a lot of us remember when there were only a few channels, why, have they been adding more recently? Don't watch that much telly these days.

Schnizz58
23-10-2015, 22:15
Do TV's still have "channels"? I know mine doesn't.

Spitfire77
23-10-2015, 23:43
Do TV's still have "channels"? I know mine doesn't.

yup.. brand new TVs have over the air HD tuners. There is free HD tv to be had and surprising thing most people dont even know it. All you need is a basic antenna - the old ones that were used before HD existed work just great.

3800racingfool
24-10-2015, 03:34
yup.. brand new TVs have over the air HD tuners. There is free HD tv to be had and surprising thing most people dont even know it. All you need is a basic antenna - the old ones that were used before HD existed work just great.

Funny thing is, these days most people could get by just fine with an OTA antenna. With streaming and on-demand entertainment being in such supply nowdays there's really no reason to subscribe to some cable or satellite company and pay a stupid amount each month for 200 channels you're never going to watch.

Also, whoever went off the deep end on their expletive filled rant on page 2: You need to take a chill pill. The reality is that mankind isn't perfect and thus, anything designed my mankind won't be perfect. That counts for games, cars, appliances, and yes even your television. There's a reason things like recalls and warranties exist for physical products and it's the same reason patches and post-release support exist for digital items. If you can't accept that fact and understand that this is the real world, the reality in which we all live, then I feel sorry for you and the miserable life you will likely lead.

Rumbleshorts
24-10-2015, 05:35
Also, whoever went off the deep end on their expletive filled rant on page 2: You need to take a chill pill. The reality is that mankind isn't perfect and thus, anything designed my mankind won't be perfect. That counts for games, cars, appliances, and yes even your television. There's a reason things like recalls and warranties exist for physical products and it's the same reason patches and post-release support exist for digital items. If you can't accept that fact and understand that this is the real world, the reality in which we all live, then I feel sorry for you and the miserable life you will likely lead.

haha, he clearly hasn't played too many games in the last 30 years. Before the internet, you couldnt easily get patches and companies had no choice but to release a completed product. The Internet age (and release deadlines enforced by publishers) has made it sloppier for games and patches have been inevitable.

Anyone who played BF4 when it was released would know what I mean.

Krobo
24-10-2015, 07:14
lol this thread has derailed ..

I can certainly see where OP's coming from, I think he has handled it pretty good as Rodger mentioned , except that title could have been thought out a little more , as it reads it sets a certan tone .lol but It sounds like he has some issues ...

And the rant ... lol man ...

Thing is people like me that had issues but don't anymore now know the game can run better ! and it has been ever since I upgraded ... so we defend it ,but with so many deferent types of computer combos out there in the world things are like spaghetti , mine works great , OP's is or seems broken , What's the common denominator ,OP's system spec's look good ! so if his lobby's not updating and server hangs after session im thinking the connection is suspect or the networking lag or packet loss is causing pauses , idle game then it just gives up ? IDFK ...

How does it run off line in SP ?

Paulo Ribeiro
24-10-2015, 08:48
Is everyone PIIIIIIII insane on here or just all a bunch of PIIIIII. when I pay for a game it should work perfect no PIIIIIIII lame excuses if I had gone to the shop and said I'm ten pound short they wouldn't of sold me the game so when I pay my money it should work. So pcars2 can PIIIIIIIIII no way am I getting ripped off again and to the moderators u can PIIIIIIII as well u can ban me from site!! I'm not a nerd or a geek who loves to sit for 17 hours tuning and setting up toy cars I just want to have a laugh for a few hours a week. If you bought a TV and only a few channels worked would that be ok? If you bought a real car and it had 50 problems would that be ok?
Anyone who can't take criticism on this game is in denial or generally must get walked over in everyday life but I don't. If something is right I say it is if it's wrong I say it's wrong. This game has had problems from day one and it will never be right.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-IbeXWCcXUIM/T_UIEDkhtSI/AAAAAAAAAIM/4mQPMrAgjSQ/s1600/bitch-slap-cat2.jpg

FalkeGT
24-10-2015, 09:50
I've never experienced a more ignorant and offending support forum than this one.
There are numerous threads all reporting that since two patches wheels disconnect from the game, but you support guys keep on offending bug reporting people and ignoring to work on it.

Why isn't this on a known bugs list yet? It's annoying.

Bruusie
24-10-2015, 11:30
Can you please change/edit topic to "Game is wrecked.. again (for some)" ?

Thank you

I don't believe he is the only one...I am also experiencing those issues.

IJOJOI
24-10-2015, 11:44
And that's why the game is "wrecked"?!
I've had the wheel disconnected problem too.
Reinstalling the driver and not using a USB switch solved the problem.
Be respectful don't be too angry about it.
Also we are not the support guys but regular players like you!

Motorhead Racer
25-10-2015, 12:46
that is not the only reason.... there is maybe two lobbies that only show up now, and sometimes they are both locked, I play online, almost exclusively because fo this bug or problem of only two lobbies showing, most of the time I cannot race, so yes, that is game wrecking

Roger Prynne
25-10-2015, 13:03
Just checked mine again and 112 servers show up with about 40 servers with players.

Scott Coffey
25-10-2015, 17:23
Only showing two here. Same as yesterday.

Blind Jesus
25-10-2015, 17:38
Same problems for me. Servers that should show up aren't showing up in the server browser(only 2 show up at a time)

My wheel stops working at the beginning of a session once every ~5 games, which requires a restart.

Post-race results screen frequently hangs up and forces the server to empty.
Edit: This happens if anybody is alt-tabbed during the results screen, nobody else can continue on until everyone is back in their PCARS window...

And while we are laying it on, the replay system is still horribly underdeveloped and the weather progression system is broken since patch 5.0

NeMonIx
25-10-2015, 17:43
I don't have any issues with controller or anything. Everything's fine, except for the Multiplayer and I mostly play online and I am unable to find a single server, Only Locked lobbies.

I have checked the internet, reset it, restarted steam, restarted the game multiple times, basically everything that could help the situation. No online lobbies.

So yea, re-iterating, the game is wrecked.

marcelTM
25-10-2015, 20:31
Same problem for me.

Since 5.0 only 2 lobbys and a bunch of empty dedicated servers.
Also the filters does not work for the dedicated servers.

After searching through different forums I have the feeling it could be a bug - or at least something I could need a hand.

And yes: I tried to set the steam location to London - still the same: 2 lobbys (most of the time locked ones) :concern:

Krobo
25-10-2015, 22:07
Ya theirs a few threads now going on about the 2server issue ..

For me yesterday I noticed it after playing the night before with plenty of servers ..then yesterday (SaT) it lasted all day showing plenty of servers but only 2 populated , then just after midnight my time BAM they wewre all back ,I had over 100 servers showing ant the top 20 or so all populated ...so it was FIXED !!

Then this AM its back to only 2 populated ... so something's up with steam or the servers ?? IDK ??

I don't think its the game itself ...

NeMonIx
26-10-2015, 13:51
I don't have any issues with controller or anything. Everything's fine, except for the Multiplayer and I mostly play online and I am unable to find a single server, Only Locked lobbies.

I have checked the internet, reset it, restarted steam, restarted the game multiple times, basically everything that could help the situation. No online lobbies.

So yea, re-iterating, the game is wrecked.

So I VPN'd to Seattle USA & I found 4 lobbies with a few drivers. Then I played an online match. After the match again, it was 2 lobbies, even with the VPN. So I refreshed to hope for more, but it went back to 0 lobbies & never got better.

I am "guessing" it's got something to do with Latency, maybe there's a maximum Latency limit on finding servers and everyone has been geographically compartmentalized.

The purpose of this post is just to help out the developers to troubleshoot.

Waiting for a solution! :)

F2kSel
26-10-2015, 17:19
Can't believe it's still happening and not a word from the developers, this is how games die.